Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with arcane legends ?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Whats wrong with arcane legends ?

the game is functional. so is there actually something wrong with the game ?
    the most honest answer i can give here is No.

"Balance"
    ive seen people complain a lot about balance while giving their input on what they believe is balanced.

if Arcane legends was 100% balanced none of you would play it. thats because for a game to be balanced everything must be the same and everyone must have the same things. sounds familiar?

arcane legends has never been 100% balanced. we accept the meta's that are bearable and play the game.sometimes a meta can be good sometimes a meta can be bad. a good meta can be bearable just like a bad meta can be bearable.

balance depends on what players can endure mentality.
    what the devs do are "meta shifts" and to be honest this isnt new. they've been doing this for 8 years now and its funny because everyone still reacts the same way lol.

" mechanic's "

Arcane legends is so simplified that its actually hurting it self. this brings me back to what i said in balance.

"thats because for a game to be balanced everything must be the same and everyone must have the same things"

i dont want this.

but pets and gear are like this.
    awaken sorta helps but we're all chasing the same awaken modifications. so its basically still the same but its harder to obtain.

whats different is 3 toons 3 different skill sets.
    but we have no build diversity.
    we've been locked to the same skills since 2013.

This is what you guys want ?

if you think about it there isnt much you can do with the system in this type of game. the whole concept of pets ,gear and the system in general hits a brick wall eventually.then it gets to a point where things just keep repeating it self . sounds familiar right ?

this is due to over simplification. this is due to the game not having more mechanics . this is due to how the old devs handled issues in the past . this is due to mechanics being universal . if they touch one universal mechanic they risk destroying a lot things in the game.

what i mean by universal mechanics is a mechanic that is being shared through out the game.

Example 1. "stacking pulls"

spirit weapons use to stack pulls and sling shot mobs and reset them.

so people complained about it.

the devs nerfed pull and you can no longer stack pulls.
    this means wars axe throw pull stacking was removed from the game forever. this means the spirit weapon fix was actually a ninja nerf to wars .

this means 2 wars can no longer sling shot a target across the map .
    this was mainly used in pvp and at that point pvp was dead so it was ok.
    correct me if im wrong but mobs in glintstone could stack pulls back then too? but not anymore.

i didnt know that pull was a universal mechanic.

but because of this nerf i questioned everything and realized a lot of mechanics in the game are like this.

"one cure all"

i realized this one cure all concept comes up a lot in a.l and its not a good thing. because of this certain aspects of the game cant evolve anymore.
    the game will have a problem then when the devs create a solution.the solution solves that problem and "accidentally" solves like 100+ problems in the game.

you guys are to straight to the point with how you solve issues in the game you have to break down how u solve issues in the game.

i would rather have 100 different things that solve 100 different problems rather then 3 things that solve 100 problems.

im not going to lie what the devs did with weapon swap surprised me. this was something i actually didnt expect. although this did hurt a lot of people the decision was correct.

this whole thing i wrote is meant for the community. for people who dont understand. ....they probably still won't understand lol.

Expansion

the expansion is great keep up the great work. what the devs are doing aint easy its hard.

people here need to take some time out to appreciate the devs and what they contribute to the game. although its a business they create so we can enjoy. i got to say this expansion is cool

creating, designing games is a art form

im not a dev.

i could have wrote a lot more

anyways take care

P.o.g

reflect immunity or reflect res when ?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 09-24-2021 at 09:25 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don’t agree . GG AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

The game was better even if proc stacking was a bug, It should have been introduced to all classes slowly.

Something that was giving the game a good touch now removed and hurting a huge community, making the games own weapons obsolete and class quit.

I'd say whatever meta that was, was better than this dull, no timing dependant spamming buttons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

“If the game was balanced none of you would play it”

I don’t think you understand what some of us mean by balanced
    We mean all classes have a defined role and equal necessity, rn wars lack role, what is usually needed is damage which favors rogues n mages

Balance =/= “everything must be the same”
    Wars should tank, rouges dmage, mages cc, that is NOT “the same”

We (some of us) are asking for class roles to mean something as opposed to all classes working towards the dps/damage roll which had become meta
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

We mean all classes have a defined role and equal necessity, rn wars lack role, what is usually needed is damage which favors rogues n mages

We (some of us) are asking for class roles to mean something as opposed to all classes working towards the dps/damage roll which had become meta
    Thats why proc stacking was there and made role for warriors yo clean mobs aggro and tank.
    Sts banked from this with everything and calls it a glitch, removed it, kills balance for real, they realise, they nerf rogs/buff war dmg.

Why?
    Just let the game be. You did more damage than good and destroyed economy and all for what.

When everyone was wanting just the expansion but you had to do this too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Thats why proc stacking was there and made role for warriors yo clean mobs aggro and tank.
    Sts banked from this with everything and calls it a glitch, removed it, kills balance for real, they realise, they nerf rogs/buff war dmg.

Why?
    Just let the game be. You did more damage than good and destroyed economy and all for what.

When everyone was wanting just the expansion but you had to do this too.
    I feel you, but disagree that proc staking existed to make war class relevant

I do think it was an oversight as Cinco alluded to, it did help war but not as its class tank, but as to rogue/mage damager of mobs & bosses
    which is the epitome of non class balance as per my description (rock vs paper vs scissors)
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I feel you, but disagree that proc staking existed to make war class relevant

I do think it was an oversight as Cinco alluded to, it did help war but not as its class tank, but as to rogue/mage damager of mobs & bosses
    which is the epitome of non class balance as per my description (rock vs paper vs scissors)
    I get what you're saying as well.
    But rogues and mages were***/are*** the epitome of dps class and damage dealers.

It's the map design which seemed to be favouring warriors.
    The most played map, EVG, had mobs + 3 boss.
    warrior took up the role to neutralise the mobs.
    That's all... Whereas mages and rogues were needed** to clear the map. (Boss + spiders) equally as important.
    Now the irony is warriors are not needed but only dps is good enough. How do you feel about that?
    That's why I say proc stacking was in fact what kept warriors relevant. Just nerf the numbers on damage and it would have lived on.

Even 2 warriors on the EVG map, its not possible to clear (average EVG runners which most are).

So that shows what role warriors played, and the necessity for dps classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    the game is functional. so is there actually something wrong with the game ?
    the most honest answer i can give here is No.

"Balance"
    ive seen people complain a lot about balance while giving their input on what they believe is balanced.

if Arcane legends was 100% balanced none of you would play it. thats because for a game to be balanced everything must be the same and everyone must have the same things. sounds familiar?

arcane legends has never been 100% balanced. we accept the meta's that are bearable and play the game.sometimes a meta can be good sometimes a meta can be bad. a good meta can be bearable just like a bad meta can be bearable.

balance depends on what players can endure mentality.
    what the devs do are "meta shifts" and to be honest this isnt new. they've been doing this for 8 years now and its funny because everyone still reacts the same way lol.

" mechanic's "

Arcane legends is so simplified that its actually hurting it self. this brings me back to what i said in balance.

"thats because for a game to be balanced everything must be the same and everyone must have the same things"

i dont want this.

but pets and gear are like this.
    awaken sorta helps but we're all chasing the same awaken modifications. so its basically still the same but its harder to obtain.

whats different is 3 toons 3 different skill sets.
    we've been locked to the same skills since 2013.

This is what you guys want ?

if you think about it there isnt much you can do with the system in this type of game. the whole concept of pets ,gear and the system in general hits a brick wall eventually.then it gets to a point where things just keep repeating it self . sounds familiar right ?

this is due to over simplification. this is due to the game not having more mechanics . this is due to how the old devs handled issues in the past . this is due to mechanics being universal . if they touch one universal mechanic they risk destroying a lot things in the game.

what i mean by universal mechanics is a mechanic that is being shared through out the game.

Example 1. "stacking pulls"

spirit weapons use to stack pulls and sling shot mobs and reset them.

so people complained about it.

the devs nerfed pull and you can no longer stack pulls.
    this means wars axe throw pull stacking was removed from the game forever. this means the spirit weapon fix was actually a ninja nerf to wars .

this means 2 wars can no longer sling shot a target across the map .
    this was mainly used in pvp and at that point pvp was dead so it was ok.
    correct me if im wrong but mobs in glintstone could stack pulls back then too? but not anymore.

i didnt know that pull was a universal mechanic.

but because of this nerf i questioned everything and realized a lot of mechanics in the game are like this.

"one cure all"

i realized this one cure all concept comes up a lot in a.l and its not a good thing. because of this certain aspects of the game cant evolve anymore.
    the game will have a problem then when the devs create a solution.the solution solves that problem and "accidentally" solves like 100+ problems in the game.

you guys are to straight to the point with how you solve issues in the game you have to break down how u solve issues in the game.

i would rather have 100 different things that solve 100 different problems rather then 3 things that solve 100 problems.

im not going to lie what the devs did with weapon swap surprised me. this was something i actually didnt expect. although this did hurt a lot of people the decision was correct.

this whole thing i wrote is meant for the community. for people who dont understand. ....they probably still won't understand lol.

Expansion

the expansion is great keep up the great work. what the devs are doing aint easy its hard.

people here need to take some time out to appreciate the devs and what they contribute to the game. although its a business they create so we can enjoy. i got to say this expansion is cool

creating, designing games is a art form

im not a dev.

i could have wrote a lot more

anyways take care

P.o.g

reflect immunity or reflect res when ?

Oh cmon
    I wd say stop smoking whatevr you are smoking.
    If proc stacking was an oversight, why they let it continue for 2 years and enjoyed the profits from awake events, lock openings. All of this drama is created to make 81 arcs nec to play new maps. If ppl could clear new maps using old gears, no one wd open locks.
    No matter how much you discuss this, it ll always boil down to money in the end.
    No one complained when war cleared a wave in 14 sec for almost 2 years. And suddenly everyone is asking for balance now. When someone will ask me in future abt what caused Arcane legends to collapse, I wd reply “ they released 81 expn”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baldrevenge2001 View Post
    Oh cmon
    I wd say stop smoking whatevr you are smoking.
    If proc stacking was an oversight, why they let it continue for 2 years and enjoyed the profits from awake events, lock openings. All of this drama is created to make 81 arcs nec to play new maps. If ppl could clear new maps using old gears, no one wd open locks.
    No matter how much you discuss this, it ll always boil down to money in the end.
    No one complained when war cleared a wave in 14 sec for almost 2 years. And suddenly everyone is asking for balance now. When someone will ask me in future abt what caused Arcane legends to collapse, I wd reply “ they released 81 expn”.
    Exactly and with no compensation for the people who went along with every decision they made but lost a chunk.
    They should at least compensate people who spent tons on game /pay for plat and buy gear the plat back.
    I personally bough 1750 converted to gold to buy glint aegis..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

lol people are funny

intelligence is a gift n a curse .
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 09-25-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

" "whats different is 3 toons 3 different skill sets."
    we've been locked to the same skills since 2013."

i never said they was the same ? i said they was different.

give me atleast 3 reason why having dedicated classes is a bad idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sound like he saying that what the devs did are right'thats why a lot lot of people complaining' or crying whatever you call it :b

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I agree that the game has never been balanced. There has always been 1 obvious best class each expansion, but I don’t see how that’s a good thing.

Warrior has been the worst class most of the time, and we had those 2 years of glory now, so going back to being absolutely useless is a lot of pain. I honestly expected STS to do a lot better with Warrior class this expansion. But it seems that the thing we all chase with our gears (which is fast damage dealing), is just too true and deeply rooted to ignore.

Solutions like simply buffing Warrior damage and nerfing Rogue damage are pretty damn basic, and in a way it shows that when they designed these new maps, Warriors’ role has NOT been thought about. It’s just a few mechanics that kill us instantly, a slightly different way how the nerfs affect Warrior and DPS, and that’s it.

Cinco also mentioned the “balance of party buff” that they’ve planned. That’s like if the party has all classes in it, they will get some buffs, which in a way would push people to invite all classes in their party. It does sound good at first, but that also means they have no intention of ‘fixing’ the class roles, but rather just make everything OK to use. But I’m sure there will be a lot of issues with that too. Like, does a 4x Warrior party get a big big buff, thus making it the best combination? Or do they get nothing because there is no Rogue and Mage in PT? If mixing is the only way, where do you find a Warrior to complete your party buff if most of them have quit? A solo Warrior is still going to suffer. Etc, etc. Then you wonder what’s the point of having 3 different classes in the game?

If STS is prepared to try and change things little by little every few weeks, and go through these threads of protest every time they release an expansion, why not go for the very big one straight away, like merge all classes into one? Suffer all the protests and the drama for a few weeks, but then it would be way easier ahead. They could just focus in making better/interesting content instead of trying to balance something that is impossible to balance?

In a way that would mean they have to admit class roles have never worked in this game, but it’s not like something we don’t know at this point. They’d also have it easier to make vanities and stuff, since it’s only 1 model instead of 3. Huhuhu.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I agree that the game has never been balanced. There has always been 1 obvious best class each expansion, but I don’t see how that’s a good thing.

Warrior has been the worst class most of the time, and we had those 2 years of glory now, so going back to being absolutely useless is a lot of pain. I honestly expected STS to do a lot better with Warrior class this expansion. But it seems that the thing we all chase with our gears (which is fast damage dealing), is just too true and deeply rooted to ignore.

Solutions like simply buffing Warrior damage and nerfing Rogue damage are pretty damn basic, and in a way it shows that when they designed these new maps, Warriors’ role has NOT been thought about. It’s just a few mechanics that kill us instantly, a slightly different way how the nerfs affect Warrior and DPS, and that’s it.

Cinco also mentioned the “balance of party buff” that they’ve planned. That’s like if the party has all classes in it, they will get some buffs, which in a way would push people to invite all classes in their party. It does sound good at first, but that also means they have no intention of ‘fixing’ the class roles, but rather just make everything OK to use. But I’m sure there will be a lot of issues with that too. Like, does a 4x Warrior party get a big big buff, thus making it the best combination? Or do they get nothing because there is no Rogue and Mage in PT? If mixing is the only way, where do you find a Warrior to complete your party buff if most of them have quit? A solo Warrior is still going to suffer. Etc, etc. Then you wonder what’s the point of having 3 different classes in the game?

If STS is prepared to try and change things little by little every few weeks, and go through these threads of protest every time they release an expansion, why not go for the very big one straight away, like merge all classes into one? Suffer all the protests and the drama for a few weeks, but then it would be way easier ahead. They could just focus in making better/interesting content instead of trying to balance something that is impossible to balance?

In a way that would mean they have to admit class roles have never worked in this game, but it’s not like something we don’t know at this point. They’d also have it easier to make vanities and stuff, since it’s only 1 model instead of 3. Huhuhu.
    EVG would have been the most balanced map if proc stacking was never a thing.

It's designed so that warriors tank the mobs and bosses, mage helps clear the mobs, and Rogs kill bosses.

I am sure if they re-release this type of map, everyone will be happy.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

idk how this turned into a proc stacking discussion lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    EVG would have been the most balanced map if proc stacking was never a thing.

It's designed so that warriors tank the mobs and bosses, mage helps clear the mobs, and Rogs kill bosses.

I am sure if they re-release this type of map, everyone will be happy.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    I have noticed you like EVG too much, but you have to understand that EVG is not the only map in AL. EVG is unique, and I know that some people love that kind of map, but there are also people who don't like it at all, and probably some in the neutral zone. I don't think making every map like EVG is a good idea, it would be extremely repetitive and super boring.

There are some maps that are (or have been in their own time) pretty good for all classes, but here we are dealing with a recurring issue for the majority of the maps. For example, in 41 Cap, although Warrior was quite useless, for the average party it was almost impossible to run maps like Planar Tombs 3 without one. Having a good Warrior in Planar Arena when Mushrooms spawned was also a good thing. Warrior was also pretty good to have vs Elite Cryostar in 56 cap, to absorb all the damage that the worms did when they spawned. But those cases are very few considering that each expansion brought multiple maps.

So basically, in every expansion, there might have been only one or no maps that having every class was worth it. As time goes on, every map becomes easier and because of how the game works, Rogue becomes the best choice for everywhere. In those maps I mentioned earlier, there is no need for a Warrior now. This is like a confirmation that everything else is useless, and dishing out big damage is the only way.

In EVG, a few years from now on (or maybe as soon as 81 Arcanes are released), Rogues will one shot all the mobs with their AoE skill, and then one shot the boss too, so why invite Warriors there? Imagine how easy it would be for Rogues and Mages to get rich if STS didn't nerf the gold drops there. XD

Ideally, I think STS and us just want every map to be good for all classes, but that is impossible as long as there are no fundamental changes on how the game works.

To sum it up, we'll be stuck in this cycle of repeating the same things in every new event/expansion/map. And then everything becomes a cakewalk for Rogues and Mages as time goes on.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I have noticed you like EVG too much, but you have to understand that EVG is not the only map in AL. EVG is unique, and I know that some people love that kind of map, but there are also people who don't like it at all, and probably some in the neutral zone. I don't think making every map like EVG is a good idea, it would be extremely repetitive and super boring.

There are some maps that are (or have been in their own time) pretty good for all classes, but here we are dealing with a recurring issue for the majority of the maps. For example, in 41 Cap, although Warrior was quite useless, for the average party it was almost impossible to run maps like Planar Tombs 3 without one. Having a good Warrior in Planar Arena when Mushrooms spawned was also a good thing. Warrior was also pretty good to have vs Elite Cryostar in 56 cap, to absorb all the damage that the worms did when they spawned. But those cases are very few considering that each expansion brought multiple maps.

So basically, in every expansion, there might have been only one or no maps that having every class was worth it. As time goes on, every map becomes easier and because of how the game works, Rogue becomes the best choice for everywhere. In those maps I mentioned earlier, there is no need for a Warrior now. This is like a confirmation that everything else is useless, and dishing out big damage is the only way.

In EVG, a few years from now on (or maybe as soon as 81 Arcanes are released), Rogues will one shot all the mobs with their AoE skill, and then one shot the boss too, so why invite Warriors there? Imagine how easy it would be for Rogues and Mages to get rich if STS didn't nerf the gold drops there. XD

Ideally, I think STS and us just want every map to be good for all classes, but that is impossible as long as there are no fundamental changes on how the game works.

To sum it up, we'll be stuck in this cycle of repeating the same things in every new event/expansion/map. And then everything becomes a cakewalk for Rogues and Mages as time goes on.
    For some reasons I have a weird tendency to like fid's commentaries xD

Maybe it is
    - insightful
    - constructive
    - showed enough experience in the game
    - and hmmm... A negative one maybe nabby?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    For some reasons I have a weird tendency to like fid's commentaries xD

Maybe it is
    - insightful
    - constructive
    - showed enough experience in the game
    - and hmmm... A negative one maybe nabby?
    Thanks. I try my best not to be biased and support crazy warrior buffs, even though I've suffered through our worst times. :P

But yeah, deep down I'm just a nab.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I miss JustG, that guy was a real community person. Very helpful and understanding too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NUttynice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    " "whats different is 3 toons 3 different skill sets."
    we've been locked to the same skills since 2013."

i never said they was the same ? i said they was different.

give me atleast 3 reason why having dedicated classes is a bad idea.

Personally I have not been locked to the same skills since 2013
    I have a shield build loadout, used to have a curse loadout that used bal & ebon staff, now I’m using 4 attacks, maybe others haven’t changed skills in years, I wouldn’t know

As to the last part, I’m not saying having dedicated classes is a bad thing, quite the opposite

For me wars who focus on dealing damage goes against the dedicated role of tank

Maybe we’re agreeing
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 09-25-2021 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Confused by him quoting himself lol
    Suentous