Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Economy collapse for war? A perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Default Economy collapse for war? A perspective.

Looking at the auction prices for war gears from weapon to artifact, I can't help but to agree with many of the people here that it is truly saddening to see wars "suffering so much losses". As a 76 war myself, I too have lost more than 70m++ even with mostly gold loot gears but I have spent quite some money on awake gems.

Having said that, when I actually think about it, Doz Axe, chasma armor dropping down to 7m+, ebon armor and weapon down to 3m+ etc, while it is undeniable that these are significant losses, I realised these are at the same time

1. Something good to happen to newer, poorer players, gears for wars now become something that's affordable to them so I would expect seeing an increased number of newer wars, and lesser number of senior wars. To the newer wars, chances are high that they might not know anything at all about the proc stacking and may very likely start from the ground up. So the drama are mostly coming from us, senior warriors specifically.

2. As 81 arcanes become more affordable for the average players, say, in the span of the next 8-10 months++, all classes gears would also suffer the same kind of losses as war gears currently are. Old gears would slowly be replaced, regardless of what type of class you are. The gold economy will eventually flow from old gears to newer gears, just like how it has always been since 2012. This applies to newer pets as well, like nekro used to be 50m-100m, and now if we look at the new meta, it is mephisto who replaced nekro at similar pricing.

As harsh as it may sound, wars are just "lucky" to experience the "shifting of gold economy" sooner and in a shorter notice. While it may feel unfair for wars to have to deal with such sudden big losses, I hope this perspective somehow make you feel a little better and justified.

Yes I admit, even for someone like me with a fairly good amount of millions in my hand, the update has been a bitter pill to swallow. Moving forward however, I'm trying to at the very least convince myself and hopefully other wars too that I didn't lose 70m++ but rather I donated/gaveaway them to the AL community who might have needed it more than me.

And no, this is not a crying thread.

This message is for the other wars out there who may still feel frustrated with the update.

Best wishes,
    From an open minded 76 war, 76 mage.

P. S. All constructive comments are welcomed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I was a rouge/mage before this.....and i planning to switch to warrior for an experienced around 1 week before the nerf.....i spent all my gold on warrior gears not knowing that we gonna have a nerf......and now i literally loose all my gold around 50m+ because of the price drop almost 50-70% of the normal price before the nerf.....and it was sad because that was the gold that i kept from events and my hardwork for years....and now there are all gone......

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

You are comparing the price drop of nekro and other items like arcane ring /fossil which is so misplaced and a very bad example.

Reason: they were common to all classes.
    Simple.

This is a new milestone they set by screwing over one specific class so hard that we lost over 50m+ (100m for me) by a well planned decison by sts with them knowing the consequences.
    And without compensation since it's only one group affected hard. Sad.

They fail to realise that people spent real money to get gold for their equipment.
    Why do you think they would spend money again?

It not only affected how we play but screwed all the gears just like you *positively said to the abyss.

The Forrest scenario you should compare to is not the gold economy shift keeping nekro as an example,
    It is the times sts offered compensation to people who got hard hit by their decision (one class in this case)
    And should assess who spent their money (at least) on platinum to buy what they had and reimburse them to mitigate losses.
    Or for warriors who got highly affected.

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

70m? Pfft. What about 500m loss feelsgoodman. although that only pisses me 10% of how much removing the diversity of game pissed me off.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to firebelt & crystalkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

One (I’m sure unpopular) perspective:

If an item is selling for x amount while u use it, but the market becomes less than that,
    you do not lose the difference
    You temporarily gained that difference while you used it

An item is only worth what u did sell it for not what it might have sold for but didn’t before a change
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

If an item is selling for x amount while u use it, but the market becomes less than that,

An item is only worth what u did sell it for not what it might have sold for but didn’t before a change
    I always expect price losses but not outright collapse of all the stuff I have..also it purely happened one-sided.
    Happens in every mmorpg where there's a market u might ask..yes but above the losses you also have a useless char and wasted time. Stuff can be nerfed if they are overturned but not to the point where it's unplayable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    I always expect price losses but not outright collapse of all the stuff I have..also it purely happened one-sided.
    Happens in every mmorpg where there's a market u might ask..yes but above the losses you also have a useless char and wasted time. Stuff can be nerfed if they are overturned but not to the point where it's unplayable.
    I agree that this affected wars more than all but I also saw my bal staff and ebon staff be came less usable but that does not mean I lost money because I had gained the value of them when I could use them
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post

Its unpopular and should not even be an opinion.

What do you say about rogue gears. They used it, now the prices have raised. Mages stagnant.
    Where the usage tax on it?
    While warriors get tax for all classes combined when all they did was clear mobs?

They make wars strongest or non - existent. Always an extremist decision. Without compensation.
    Why don't you make a gradual change for ones just like you do with those arcane items release.

Well that's a different story huh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AucResearcher View Post
    I was a rouge/mage before this.....and i planning to switch to warrior for an experienced around 1 week before the nerf.....i spent all my gold on warrior gears not knowing that we gonna have a nerf......and now i literally loose all my gold around 50m+ because of the price drop almost 50-70% of the normal price before the nerf.....and it was sad because that was the gold that i kept from events and my hardwork for years....and now there are all gone......

Sorry for my bad english
    Guess what? I did the exact same thing! HAHAHA

The cute story: I was playing mostly as a 67 war afk in towns and a 76 mage. Then I was like maybe I should try out doing evg with the op war proc stacking shhet, sold some of my rare vanities just to buy the gears smh. I knew it was not a good decision at that time but I was like doesn't matter, I'm only doing this in the short term and will sell them when I quit the game. What was lucky for me was that I only bought gold loot awakes for most item didn't buy any op str item at all because I know gold loot items always retain its value regardless, that was how I only made 70m++ losses while I would otherwise would have lost 150m-200m+, if I didn't include the awake gems I spent, I lost only about 30m-40m++ so it was fairly controlled in that sense xD

Anyway bro yes I can empathize with you the gold you made from events and stuff, but it is what it is sadly we can only wait for things to get better for war or absorb the losses and start again.

Np bro, I'm sure if you write and speak more often it would eventually get better, English is not my first language too

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    You are comparing the price drop of nekro and other items like arcane ring /fossil which is so misplaced and a very bad example.

Reason: they were common to all classes.
    Simple.

This is a new milestone they set by screwing over one specific class so hard that we lost over 50m+ (100m for me) by a well planned decison by sts with them knowing the consequences.
    And without compensation since it's only one group affected hard. Sad.

They fail to realise that people spent real money to get gold for their equipment.
    Why do you think they would spend money again?

It not only affected how we play but screwed all the gears just like you *positively said to the abyss.

The Forrest scenario you should compare to is not the gold economy shift keeping nekro as an example,
    It is the times sts offered compensation to people who got hard hit by their decision (one class in this case)
    And should assess who spent their money (at least) on platinum to buy what they had and reimburse them to mitigate losses.
    Or for warriors who got highly affected.
    Bud, I'm using nekro as the simplest example, it wasn't my intention to limit it to nekro. Basically what I was primarily referring to include any other items that gets outdated and replaced by newer and better stuff.

And yes agreed with you that it's sad they seen this coming, made the decision knowing the shhet they will be getting and yet still doesn't compensate players who have spent time, money and effort into the game. Big games like Genshen Impact and Mobile Legends frequently compensate players with their rarest in game currency (equivalent to platinum in AL) after every update or changes they made, even though it was not a significant amount but you can tell they care about their players base a lot in terms of the language they use and the action they took.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post

What about someone who spend 4k $ dollars to get just dozer aegis xD

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Guess what? I did the exact same thing! HAHAHA

The cute story: I was playing mostly as a 67 war afk in towns and a 76 mage. Then I was like maybe I should try out doing evg with the op war proc stacking shhet, sold some of my rare vanities just to buy the gears smh. I knew it was not a good decision at that time but I was like doesn't matter, I'm only doing this in the short term and will sell them when I quit the game.

Np bro, I'm sure if you write and speak more often it would eventually get better, English is not my first language too
    Exactly same like me XD I switched to warrior to try the proc stacking and get some experience cuz already bored in mage and rouge and then this happen 😭

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Let's face it, war gears are pretty much good for the bin as we speak. 10m or 500m, wars lost a lot. Nothing can be done about that since it already happened, then again if there was a fair warning in advance, the class-specific economical collapse might not have happened so quickly and harshly. Maybe next time we could be informed in advance, or even hinted at the idea, just like how the roadmap hints at possible events in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dozers View Post
    Let's face it, war gears are pretty much good for the bin as we speak. 10m or 500m, wars lost a lot. Nothing can be done about that since it already happened, then again if there was a fair warning in advance, the class-specific economical collapse might not have happened so quickly and harshly. Maybe next time we could be informed in advance, or even hinted at the idea, just like how the roadmap hints at possible events in the near future.
    No lol, the collapse would have happened as soon it would have announced, whenever that would be.

Let's say they informed 1 month it advance, the warrior economy would collapse on the very first day as everyone will look to change class, like they are doing now.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    No lol, the collapse would have happened as soon it would have announced, whenever that would be.

Let's say they informed 1 month it advance, the warrior economy would collapse on the very first day as everyone will look to change class, like they are doing now.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Good point there bud, unless they announced it the same time proc stacking was first introduced, which was 2 years ago. Then people who bought the gears would have roughly expected when they have to sell their gears.

If that was the case, prizes of war weapon would likely have started off cheaper, especially for secondary weapons such as Doz aegis, ebon aegis, glint aegis as people knew these weapon will become obsolete one day.

So even if these gears do become outdated in the future, it won't suffer a significant difference in prize as compared to now because the price were already low to begin with.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

A thing that seems to be ignored is the amount of gold those senior wars have porbably made off of, what was basically, a bug. Yeah sts screwed up by not fixing it for 2 years but at the end of the day it was undeniably, a bug. Back to topic though, these wars that lost 250-300m+ gold in gear worth( not your case ), are most likely the same wars that used to run evg/deep with 800%+ gold loot for hours on end and get 2-3 mil a day, and thats me being negativistic.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZZTop View Post
    A thing that seems to be ignored is the amount of gold those senior wars have porbably made off of, what was basically, a bug. Yeah sts screwed up by not fixing it for 2 years but at the end of the day it was undeniably, a bug. Back to topic though, these wars that lost 250-300m+ gold in gear worth( not your case ), are most likely the same wars that used to run evg/deep with 800%+ gold loot for hours on end and get 2-3 mil a day, and thats me being negativistic.

Nice bro you brought up a pretty fresh perspective, unfortunately these "bugged" gold is still currently circulalating in the market.

That said, I'm fairly glad that Inflationary effect has been partially countered by the mass introduction of new items, like new aura, new store vanities, new pets, new furniture, new locations, and new gears (profiteer accessories, legendary sets as of now)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

You're sorely mistaken.
    Any class can buy goldloot gear,
    And at most 1 war was included in an evg party than leaves three dps classes.
    Whatever the warrior class made (25%) , the dps class made (75%) ... 3 times!!

And guess what, which class lost 250-300m+ on gear? ONLY WARS.

What about the rogues/mages that got 800% + goldloot farming the maps as hard as warriors using their *bug to benefit eh?

Your not being negativistic.
    You're blatantly wrong. Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    You're sorely mistaken.
    Any class can buy goldloot gear,
    And at most 1 war was included in an evg party than leaves three dps classes.
    Whatever the warrior class made (25%) , the dps class made (75%) ... 3 times!!

And guess what, which class lost 250-300m+ on gear? ONLY WARS.

What about the rogues/mages that got 800% + goldloot farming the maps as hard as warriors using their *bug to benefit eh?

Your not being negativistic.
    You're blatantly wrong. Sorry.
    Well put (:

Wars were basically the "bug" that gave rise to mass gold income to the other 2 dps Classes

So nice move, sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Bro are u a mobile player? Trynna collect info for something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

all the comment all show that, war profit the most from it in the past 2 years...n when sts removed it..logically,war the one affected most...i also suffer 30m lost from my war item..but still,for me..still much fun n faat clear mob in event using bad awake skull axe,buried set compare to my 1.7k dex rog