Thread: The Guide~Your Transition From PL to DL~Basics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Default The Guide~Your Transition From PL to DL~Basics

Learn to play Dark Legends with Pocket Legends skills!

I always wanted to make this guide, but always postponed it.

Okay er... Why play Dark Legends when I'm already pro at Pocket Legends? Personally, I like tracking down my old PL friends on DL lol... I'm here to help you get the hang of Dark Legends! I won't share everything with you, but the things I don't will be very easy to pick up. I'm just clearing up critical points of the game.

1.) One important thing to clear up... You know how you get to choose 3 different classes in Pocket Legends? They have a unique set of skills and characteristics...etc... In Dark Legends, there is ONE class. You get to choose wether you want to play male or female though.

2.) One of the most important things... Health system... I don't know about you, but I don't like to die >.>...

Here's your pal, Pocket Legends... Well, I hope you're familiar with the health bar on the top left corner...:

Okay, Dark Legends doesn't seem to have a Mana Pool. However, mana is health. You can cie if you spam too much lol... Thanks for clearing that out, Phoenix! You might have to get used to that, but I like spamming skills without having to worry about Mana =)! I guess that's the bright side. In Dark Legends, instead of a bar, there is a skull sphere filled with blood. Also, in Dark Legends, when you screen starts blinking red, it indicates you're dying. Like COD hehe! If you're dying, simply tap on the sphere. There are two ways of healing. If the red skull on the right is full and there are monsters around, you can tap on it and suck the living thing out of them. Yay! A free kill and health replenishment! "The Thirst" is really fun stuff in my opinion =)!

3.) In Pocket Legends, you get a map where you can join a town, game, host a game, etc.

In Dark Legends, you have a quest type thing on the map. Simply, it's a thing where you can get xp and money for doing nothing except waiting and collecting. It's bad xp or gold, but it's fun to do a few quests and play PL and check back on them later. There is only one town in Dark Legends and you can access it by pressing the thing on the bottom right. You can't host or join a game... Well, kinda. You can play a map solo by pressing solo. First, here's the picture of Marshwood Campaign, followed by a map of the quest thing.

4.) Ah, Balefort Castle! My favorite town!

There's not much difference in the Consignment Shop, but I'll just show you where the people are. Oh, and it's called the sanctuary...

Say bye to the Artie's!

You can also get blood packs here!

Darada is your favorite piggy bank.

5.) Buffs don't run out in Pocket Legends if you're in a town... In Dark Legends, they run out wherever you go. You can get "elixirs" or "buffs" by doing quests.

6.) In Pocket Legends, you can just press the shield thingy majig on the top left to access like everything.

In Dark Legends, you press menu and you get this.

7.) Inventory and gear is really different in Dark Legends. You get helm, armor, shield, etc.

In Dark Legends, there are stuff called gems. They are as important as helms, armors, shields, etc. You just can't see the stuff without accessing inventory.

8.) In Pocket Legends, loot is distributed to a person randomly.

In Dark Legends, tout loot will be on the ground. The sparkles of the loot are colored depending on their rarity. If you see pink sparkles on the ground, RUN AFTER IT. Thanks for clearing this up, Phoenix!

9.) In Pocket Legends, you have Auto Attack and you get to target your enemies before hand!

In Dark Legends, you have to tap the attack button rapidly, but you get to charge skills and attack. Charging makes it a long stronger! To charge, hold on what you'd like to charge.

10.) PVP... Pocket Legends... 1v1... No rushing... IN DL FFA FULL THROTTLE...!

Well, I guess that's the basics to get if you're trying to move from Pocket Legends to Dark Legends! Hope it helped!

Last edited by Noodleleg; 06-08-2012 at 01:01 PM.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Please tell me if you'd like any changes or fixes in this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Some "mistakes" or whatever I've found.

2) the thing about mana, blood = health+mana, if you get hit your blood goes down, if you use a skill your blood goes down
    7) typo: the first screenie says Dark Legends when it should say Pocket Legends
    8) Loot is distributed randomly. What you see is for you, they can't see your or get yours only you can do don't worry about it getting stolen.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenixking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

i think mana is "Health" if u use skill is will use your health

EDIT: i tried out and i was right! like phoenix said.
    Last edited by Dragonrider023; 06-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

K thanks for that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

No problem d-(^.^ ) noodle
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Lady_Pebbles

Heres some info that could help ppl...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Considering a dev posted the info on another thread regarding the difference between damage and attack (links to the dev's posts:
    Here & Here), the following should be correct or close to it:

Attack = Critical hit chance, some damage and some aim/hit chance.
    Defense = Some dodge, hp regen, and def.
    Health = Mana, health & some def (makes you harder to kill).
    Damage = Makes your skills -a lot- stronger & your weapon a lil stronger calculated by attack.
    DPS = Straight DPS (the old dmg #) of weapon & possibly skills as well.

Key is to have a balance between them. Otherwise you could potentially killl yourself or contribute to it in the process of a pvp match. For example, high hp takes longer to kill but if the player with high hp is using skills at level 2 and spamming them, they are going to drain their own hp quickly so it won't take much to kill them. However, some def helps them dodge the incoming attacks & regens their hp. The hp regens faster if your toon is standing still so in PvP def is mostly used for dodge purposes where as hp acts like a shield (perse) on top of hp and mana attributes.

I would still like a Dev to confirm the rest of that.

I hope that helps! <3

Oh oh & These links have some more helpful info:

Chilango's Assassination Build(s)

Deciphering Stats and Skills

Analysis of HP Regen I did research on HP Regen too & posted the info in that thread. Hopefully you can link to it too!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 06-14-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

PL'ers.. They are like a different species :P
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar:675891
    PL'ers.. They are like a different species :P

LOL! Hey the more into DL, the better. XP