Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibility for replacement of COP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Default Possibility for replacement of COP?

Uhm... First off... Friendly discussion lol...
    I'm thinking the new "COP" will be a different color scheme so that it doesn't match with COP, NHS, and MFA. Maybe it'd be completely different and won't have a set bonus with NHS and MFA? Restarting a new vanity set bonus? Different sparkles? It doesn't seem rational to match a new elite vanity cap helm with old armor and shield. What do you guys think?

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

The new vanity working with the old seems rational enough to me. The old vanity barely matches itself anyway.

(i see this going about as well as all the others.)

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Uhm... First off... Friendly discussion lol...
    I'm thinking the new "COP" will be a different color scheme so that it doesn't match with COP, NHS, and MFA. Maybe it'd be completely different and won't have a set bonus with NHS and MFA? Restarting a new vanity set bonus? Different sparkles? It doesn't seem rational to match a new elite vanity cap helm with old armor and shield. What do you guys think?
    Im thinking the new "COP" will have a completely different look+color scheme, I'm pretty sure it'll give a set bonus with old elite vanities. And it does seem rational that it does
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Lightbulb

Sorry MFA?

EDIT: oh Mount Fang Armor
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think the new vanity will start it's very own set. Would be the best of both worlds.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

We should all remember that it's not always about the stats, but a symbol of hard work and achievement

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I think the new vanity will start it's very own set. Would be the best of both worlds.
    One thing to consider IMO, would be that it means that relatively new players, who grinded to 66 to get fang armor, only did it to get a worthless (stats wise) vanity item.

Among the newer players, who grinded to 66 as their first cap, I'm sure many of them did that expecting to get a vanity set bonus during this next (71) lvl cap.

If STS would just start a new vanity set from scratch, I can't help but think that those players will be very upset.

Whatever the case may be, we'll know soon enough I guess

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    One thing to consider IMO, would be that it means that relatively new players, who grinded to 66 to get fang armor, only did it to get a worthless (stats wise) vanity item.

Among the newer players, who grinded to 66 as their first cap, I'm sure many of them did that expecting to get a vanity set bonus during this next (71) lvl cap.

If STS would just start a new vanity set from scratch, I can't help but think that those players will be very upset.

I would be very upset >

And I HEARD that if you match one elite vanity with another it would equal a bonus, so rare chance that'll be a whole new different set
    When there is too much

Don't forget

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenixking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

If STS follows the same cycle they did before (helmet, shield armor), it will be quite a while before any of those players get their armor replaced.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Get that from Hannah Montana?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    If STS follows the same cycle they did before (helmet, shield armor), it will be quite a while before any of those players get their armor replaced.
    I realize that, but I was talking about the bonus, not the item

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I missed cop not by much , so if it wouldn't combine with my shield & armor, I would have to wait like another year or so to get the bonus I've been working on for over a year so far. I'd silently nerdrage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    We should all remember that it's not always about the stats, but a symbol of hard work and achievement
    Nah, its all about stats. LOL :P
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Whatever choice you choose, people will be upset.

I think it should create an entire new set. Here's why: This would appease the full set owners who say their CoP would be useless. It wouldn't, they could choose between sets, New Elite Set vs. Old Elite Set.

The L66 armor is pretty eye appealing too, so those who grinded could use it to boast, "Hey, I made it to at least one of the old elite caps!".

Also, remember, the original CoP gave no bonus. People grinded because they felt like it and wanted the items for its looks.

Going to try to keep it a friendly debate, haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Whatever choice you choose, people will be upset.

I think it should create an entire new set. Here's why: This would appease the full set owners who say their CoP would be useless. It wouldn't, they could choose between sets, New Elite Set vs. Old Elite Set.

The L66 armor is pretty eye appealing too, so those who grinded could use it to boast, "Hey, I made it to at least one of the old elite caps!".

Also, remember, the original CoP gave no bonus. People grinded because they felt like it and wanted the items for its looks.

Going to try to keep it a friendly debate, haha.
    Haha, true that people will be upset no matter what and I also agree that this is a sensitive topic to discuss

Lots of comments have been posted on the thread Sam made, with IMO valid arguments that newer players should get a chance to earn their own persistence set. So, I'm all for that. But reading the forums for the past 6 months, I've seen many people ask if they should do the grind to 66 in order to get fang armor. More often than not, the reply they got from forum members new and old, was that they should go for it because almost everyone assumed that it would make a 'set' with the next (71) vanity item. And although no dev has officially confirmed that and it's never good to assume things, I'm positive that many people spent plat and grinded their way to 66, so they also would have a vanity set bonus for the next (71) cap. Letting them wait until lv76 cap (another 6 months with AL coming out?), until they can finally enjoy a set bonus, IMO just doesn't sound right.

About the 'old' vanity set owners, it would IMO even be more appealing for them if they could combine their old items with the new items, and still sport a set bonus. Maybe a different bonus than with the 'all-new' future vanity set? Although I can imagine that could become complicated. But that would allow older players for even more variety in looks, while still keeping their set bonus. And, who knows, maybe the stats on the 71,76,81 vanity set blows the old one out of the water, leaving nothing but looks.

With all that being said, it would be kind of 'weird' to get a bonus when STS is clearly 'rebooting' the vanity set cycle.

Ow well, I guess the only thing we can do, is wait and see. Personally, I'm fine with whatever STS decides to implement, I'll be grinding for that 71 cap anyway

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I'm not gonna be happy if it doesn't make a set with mt fang armour. I capped this time so I could make a set. This is first time I capped and I used plat to cap for the set only. If not I'm gone be pretty gutted.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Nevertheless, whatever is going to happen, I want a harder cap. This one was too easy. I capped Apollo in the first two days and Zeus within less than a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Nevertheless, whatever is going to happen, I want a harder cap. This one was too easy. I capped Apollo in the first two days and Zeus within less than a week.
    Needs more 300k EXP caps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Needs more 300k EXP caps.
    Ever tried to do it without elixier?
    The runs will take longer and ur party won't grind with U many hours every day.
    U surely will have a mixed party over the day and without elixier a 100k grind can take very very, veeeery long xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal over this! The crown of persistence isn't loosing any value! It is still the very first elite vanity, still an old school item. Sport you COP! Show the newer players that u did the original grind! As of now, COP owners are becoming greedy IMO. Like you didn't see this coming? It is not "replacing" the COP, just providing another option.
    -Buddyf

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddyf97 For This Useful Post: