Thread: Mecharydon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Default Mecharydon

Some adjustments that would make the boss more pleasant:

-The shark pools appear randomly to any member of the pt, it would be more useful if you indicate who the shark pool is going to attack, perhaps with an icon on their head. Then the pt could put together a better strategy.

-The shark pools appear and disappear quickly, there is no time to hit the boss or charge attacks, much less when combined with the horde of beetles. It would be more manageable if the pools changed places less times, or also that the pools remain in one place for longer.

-Lightning strikes very often, and they are difficult to evade, a good war can resist it, but rogues and mages usually die in one hit. It would be easier to evade if you added a warning or some red zone, indicating where the rays are going to strike.

Thank you anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Some adjustments that would make the boss more pleasant:

-The shark pools appear randomly to any member of the pt, it would be more useful if you indicate who the shark pool is going to attack, perhaps with an icon on their head. Then the pt could put together a better strategy.

-The shark pools appear and disappear quickly, there is no time to hit the boss or charge attacks, much less when combined with the horde of beetles. It would be more manageable if the pools changed places less times, or also that the pools remain in one place for longer.

-Lightning strikes very often, and they are difficult to evade, a good war can resist it, but rogues and mages usually die in one hit. It would be easier to evade if you added a warning or some red zone, indicating where the rays are going to strike.

Thank you anyway.
    Just for general info. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. I think the shark pool goes to the person who made the final hit before Mecha launches the pool or to someone that is close to the boss but I'm not really sure how this mechanism work. +1 for the indication though.

2. Best way to counter the pool is to lure it near the entrance, once it is parked, start attacking the crabs. You have to keep tabs on the timer though, the shark pool lasts for approximately 12s with 4s interval (time before the next pool gets launched), as soon as it disappears, make sure to have someone luring the pool at the same spot, then repeat the whole thing for the rest of his cycles.

3. Lightning strike deals insane amount of damage (Sometimes I even get 1 hit with 14K HP and 7K armor as a rogue). Lightning strike hurts but it has a limited range, best way to counter this is to tell your DPS to kite(attack from a distance) and it is your job as a tank to take all those lightning strikes for the team

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Aldous; 09-28-2021 at 04:51 AM.
    amare et sapere vix deo conceditur

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aldous View Post
    Just for general info. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. I think the shark pool goes to the person who made the final hit before Mecha launches the pool or to someone that is close to the boss but I'm not really sure how this mechanism work. +1 for the indication though.

2. Best way to counter the pool is to lure it near the entrance, once it is parked, start attacking the crabs. You have to keep tabs on the timer though, the shark pool lasts for approximately 12s with 4s interval (time before the next pool gets launched), as soon as it disappears, make sure to have someone luring the pool at the same spot, then repeat the whole thing for the rest of his cycles.

3. Lightning strike deals insane amount of damage (Sometimes I even get 1 hit with 14K HP and 7K armor as a rogue). Lightning strike hurts but it has a limited range, best way to counter this is to tell your DPS to kite(attack from a distance) and it is your job as a tank to take all those lightning strikes for the team

Best of luck!
    Yes, something like that the attacks work.

1- I have not discovered how this works, it seems random, even if someone from the pt dies, the boss changes target, or if they are all at the door and one attacking, he throws it at the door and other times the attacker.

2- the time is very short, with all the crabs on top, it is really difficult to control, and you cannot know where the pool will fall, everyone must go down to the door, the crabs reach the boss and say goodbye.

3- the rays hit everyone in a range, they must stay away from the war and the boss at the same time, so that no lightning reaches them.

It is a little easy to explain, in the game everything happens at the same time, and in a very random way, a little warnings and adjustments would improve the experience, and the difficulty would be maintained at the same time.