No one ever posts here so I figured I'd encourage a discussion and gather some opinions. I actually plan on making more posts like this because we never really discuss mage issues as much.

Anyway I had a bunch of respecs this month and decided to try out a few different combinations of builds. During my tests I found ice to be more effective than fb.

FB was really useful for maps that were wide and had enemies spread apart however newer maps 61-81 are generally tighter, making enemies cluster together, this bringing out ices full potential.

In addition to this ice's freeze lasts longer than fbs stun, AND has the added bonus of slowing down enemies.

Further more Ices mastery is way more useful than fb's. While some newer bosses can't seem to be frozen, the mastery has been very effective against mini bosses.

Of all the builds I've used: Ice, gale, clock and shield provided the best survival for not just me but also my teammates (especially in the expansion maps).

Currently I'm using Ice, light, clock, shield. Mainly because I like the damage from light. Tbh the only downside with Ice so far is it's really a pain for running solo, but it's great with a team.

Anyway I was hoping some of you would try it out and let me know your opinions (I'm better in PvP than I am in PvE so hearing opinions will be nice). Heck, what are some builds you use that aren't normally used by most that you feel work well for you?