Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: belt with gl as statistic

  1. #21
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    588
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    366
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    91
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Wouldn't go down the rabbit hole to argue who is right or wrong here.

    But perhaps, I could offer a perspective (that I commended in another thread)

    Just to name a few:
    • The vardan valley expansion,

    • Increased gold cap & most importantly,

    • The very introduction of gold loot



    is to primarily stimulate a healthy inflation (at least in principle) to drive the economy for people to spend more.

    The good thing about inflation, especially from the developer's perspective, is that when things get expensive, you need to play the game N x more (depending on how much times the inflation multiplier is) to buy the same thing. I would keep this short. For example bullion used to be 30m, now you gotta farm gold approximately 2 x more to get it. (ofc excluding the possibility that bullion prices may have been manipulated, I'm using this as a simple example to illustrate my point) This means more time spent playing the game or chances of you sticking to the game longer is consequently higher.

    In fact, you can already see more people spent hours & hours in this game just to farm enough gold to buy what they want.

    Back in the days when gold loot isn't available, relatively speaking, less hours were spent farming locks or loot because we were never guaranteed a loot per say. Now with gold loot, people can estimate how much they are earning and therefore willing to put in 5-10+ hours just to make 4-5m or, for the wealthier players, up to 10-15m per evg opens. OR, better still look at the current windmore event that drops piles and piles of gold and people farming non-stop for it.
    In fact, I think that sts has a good system regulating the inflation of gold, and every so often they launch events like awaken that absorbs all that surplus gold, in addition to the gold that eliminates auction .. etc. Besides that, more gold, boosts the economy, it is fun to see how prices go down or rise as a result of this, and see how to get the best out of it.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,046
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,993
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    361 Posts

    Default

    Just remember when asking for more n more gl, devs nerfed then eliminated pirate booty ( a one week event) to counter inflation

    I am going to reduce the minimum gold by a lot and decrease the maximum gold by a little.
    It will still be great but the number of runs you'll have to do for those incredible payouts may change quite a bit - which is good since this is a week-long event (not just the weekend ...which would be my other option to stem hyperinflation).
    -Cinco prior to eliminating pirate booty

    And this one is 2 weeks
    \m/,_________( >. < )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    147
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    In fact, I think that sts has a good system regulating the inflation of gold, and every so often they launch events like awaken that absorbs all that surplus gold, in addition to the gold that eliminates auction .. etc. Besides that, more gold, boosts the economy, it is fun to see how prices go down or rise as a result of this, and see how to get the best out of it.
    Agreed on how it could get pretty interesting to figure out what items prices would rise/fall. It's what keeps me playing even when the game may turn boring/repetitive at times.

    As for the cushioning of inflationary effect, I'm afraid awakening events alone will not suffice in absorbing all excess gold, albeit definitely some, which may partly explains why dev keep coming out with new items to draw some excess gold to them .

    One way to look at this could be:

    The introduction of a new vanity class - auras.

    If it had not been for auras, prices of rare and LB vanities/collectables would have risen much more than it already has (Just imagine for a second if all auras were to disappear and all the gold liquidated out of it, those rich mofos would have offered more for the rare/LB vanities causing them to rise exponentially, just like before aura was introduced and when the gold cap was first announced, they rocketed crazily by almost 2-3 folds.)

    I used auras as examples because they seem to *temporarily* store largest amount of excess gold over new store vanities/new gears/new pets. Not sure if anyone notice, aura has arguably become a necessity somehow that on average people would at least hold one aura and auras do sell like hot cakes, regardless of what type it is. So when people hold on to more and more necessity, Gold is effectively "sunk" and prices for other desirable items rises much more gradually over time.

    So yea kudos to dev for coming out with more new & highly demaned items (for example Blizz Aura - definitely a huge success) to cushion inflation while at the same time satisfying players' infinite wants & desires to look good and strong.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    147
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Just remember when asking for more n more gl, devs nerfed then eliminated pirate booty ( a one week event) to counter inflation

    I am going to reduce the minimum gold by a lot and decrease the maximum gold by a little.
    It will still be great but the number of runs you'll have to do for those incredible payouts may change quite a bit - which is good since this is a week-long event (not just the weekend ...which would be my other option to stem hyperinflation).
    -Cinco prior to eliminating pirate booty

    And this one is 2 weeks
    Pirate booty is bad because the only reward seems to be gold and that would cause serious inflation because there were no new items to share the excess gold farm so these excess gold tend to mostly go to rare and LB vanities.

    In contrast, windmore event, cinco specifically mentioned he will increase gold drop, because they are many introduction of new items, new locations, new furniture, house slots, new gears etc. that could share that excess gold.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,046
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,993
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Pirate booty is bad because the only reward seems to be gold and that would cause serious inflation because there were no new items to share the excess gold farm so these excess gold tend to mostly go to rare and LB vanities.

    In contrast, windmore event, cinco specifically mentioned he will increase gold drop, because they are many introduction of new items, new locations, new furniture, house slots, new gears etc. that could share that excess gold.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    True but when ppl buy items that isn’t a gold sink

    Was only pointing out that the devs are interested in keeping inflation down
    \m/,_________( >. < )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:


  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    147
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    True but when ppl buy items that isn’t a gold sink

    Was only pointing out that the devs are interested in keeping inflation down
    Yes unfortunately

    New items can only "cushion" inflation as it doesn't sink gold. "Cushion" here means inflation happens but at a slower rate than it would otherwise have.

    Slow it down for what you may ask?

    Slow it down long enough for new 81 arcanes to come out for people to spam ridiculous amount of awake gems on.

    Which is when prices of, arguably, all vanities would drop.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  9. #27
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    588
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    366
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    91
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Just remember when asking for more n more gl, devs nerfed then eliminated pirate booty ( a one week event) to counter inflation

    I am going to reduce the minimum gold by a lot and decrease the maximum gold by a little.
    It will still be great but the number of runs you'll have to do for those incredible payouts may change quite a bit - which is good since this is a week-long event (not just the weekend ...which would be my other option to stem hyperinflation).
    -Cinco prior to eliminating pirate booty

    And this one is 2 weeks
    That pirate event, it was a riot, stupidly easy map, easily botable, and you didn't need large percentages of gl to get gold easily. It practically took 10sec per map. it is obvious that it will cause uncontrolled inflation. It is not an example of anything, it was just another broken map.
    In fact they learned a lot from that map, they brought evg that took days to open you needed gear and gl set to make it worth farming.
    Nor, I would compare pirate with Jarl event, you must define your strategy to face the map in the best way:
    -You go slow and take as much gold as possible;
    -you go with ss and use gl at certain points;
    -You go as fast as possible, to get more drop using elixir.
    All this slows down your farm and not everyone gets gold quickly as you think.
    In addition, it also depends a lot on the gear you have and thanks to the variety of sets that exist and continue to implement that is possible. Also people buy a lot of those elixirs with gold to get those strong rings and houses, etc. Which takes pressure off other items.
    From my point of view this map is very well designed and balanced.
    On the other hand, if the items seem to be rising fast in gold, it is due to the demand for items that are needed for a more efficient farm, at the end of the event the prices could fall quickly, since there are no other pleasant maps to farm. or at least of general interest, as the expansion showed.

  10. #28
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    588
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    366
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    91
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Yes unfortunately

    New items can only "cushion" inflation as it doesn't sink gold. "Cushion" here means inflation happens but at a slower rate than it would otherwise have.

    Slow it down for what you may ask?

    Slow it down long enough for new 81 arcanes to come out for people to spam ridiculous amount of awake gems on.

    Which is when prices of, arguably, all vanities would drop.
    Yes, precisely those items that you say cushion inflation, is what maintains a "healthier inflation." You give gold to the new ones to buy their gears and you give new items and vanities to the old ones, or even the possibility of improving their gear, at events like this, which keeps the trade active and the items circulating. After all, how people (who have no money) would buy items from the plat user, if they couldn't get gold from anywhere.

  11. #29
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    318
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

    Default

    A better way to fix inflation is to recycle gold. For example, instead of plat elixers for events, provide water down version of elixer with purchase of gold. Update sir spentalot with token draw from consuming gold for exchange random crate/elixer/items. There are many ways


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dualray For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. when can we see the seaon 7 overall statistic thread
    By Avshow in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 12:17 AM
  2. Guild master rights. Guild statistic.
    By Timofeyka in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 07:42 AM
  4. Wrong statistic values on items?
    By wsalew in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 01:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •