Thread: Things STS can do to improve their economic stability and increase player activity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Things STS can do to improve their economic stability and increase player activity

Before i get to the list, id like to kindly note that this isn’t a degrading post to STS just simply some advice. I know a lot of players are complaining about the nerf of warriors and ill get to that in a later post. Feel free to add any comments that you believe would better all of our experiences with AL while also supporting STS.

>Update Locked crates

>Update the resources a F2P can farm on their free time. (Ex. Dragkin teeth, Glint coins, etc)

>Add a “party” talk in game feature (Optional)

>Update Re-colored vanities

>Add a new Rarity (ex. Supreme, Artifact, Heirloom)

>Change PVP maps

> Add a new character(hero)

>Banned players “no” longer keep their in game names to expand the availability of names not taken. (optional due to reputation reporting)

>Add a trade system between Hardcores. (gold on hardcore characters would actually have a use).

>Add a timer to public chats to avoid spamming in cities

>Update currency venders in cities

These are just some things that have came across in game and on posts and i think need to be recognized. Feel free to add any constructive comments that you think should be included. ~Prefer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oouh No For This Useful Post:

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Suggestions are pointless to an extent, especially major ones..sts devs have to step up and do something for the playerbase that will make the game fun and worthwhile..no one's gonna keep playing Al for no reason if they have 50 other options in playstore or for PC players thousands of other games.
    I ranted and was pissed off earlier and might have said something stupid but there facts remain same, Al is no more fun. Many play just for the community which is slowly dying.
    I'm not saying to revert the changes made but do something that will make Al fun again.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firebelt & crystalkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    Suggestions are pointless to an extent, especially major ones..sts devs have to step up and do something for the playerbase that will make the game fun and worthwhile..no one's gonna keep playing Al for no reason if they have 50 other options in playstore or for PC players thousands of other games.
    I ranted and was pissed off earlier and might have said something stupid but there facts remain same, Al is no more fun. Many play just for the community which is slowly dying.
    I'm not saying to revert the changes made but do something that will make Al fun again.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    I can respect your last statement for sure, it seems to me like these points don’t get across because they may or may not care im just doing my half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

People just care about money, not about fun or challenging maps. You can see this everytime Deep Marsh opens : 90% of players farm there, even being an old, easy, outdated and boring map. Another example was evg : 3/4 players hiding behind a wall most of run.

Keeping that in mind, easiest way to increase activity & fun at same time would be to nerf a bit new map's bosses hp. Maybe not as low as when expansion was released, but not as high as it is atm. Lets say, if they buffed bosses hp by 250% or so (that's what it seems to me), i would make it +50% from its original hp.

Bosses with high hp and low dmg only benefit one class, which is rogue. The dmg buff was useless regarding class balance : Mecharydon attacks are easy to avoid staying ranged; Ekenta's reflection even easier to avoid...
    The vast majority of dangerous attacks are either insta-kill or easy to avoid (unless player's fault) . From what i've seen, people is dying in new maps because not paying attention or spamming attacks without any sense.

So in my opinion, STS needs to encourage players making those maps a bit easier, at least until some percentage of people grabs new gear. If this happens, and when more and more people grabs lvl81 items, can even buff difficulty gradually, and nerf old content to push laziest ones. Like it happened with esg

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    People just care about money, not about fun or challenging maps. You can see this everytime Deep Marsh opens : 90% of players farm there, even being an old, easy, outdated and boring map. Another example was evg : 3/4 players hiding behind a wall most of run.

Keeping that in mind, easiest way to increase activity & fun at same time would be to nerf a bit new map's bosses hp. Maybe not as low as when expansion was released, but not as high as it is atm. Lets say, if they buffed bosses hp by 250% or so (that's what it seems to me), i would make it +50% from its original hp.

Bosses with high hp and low dmg only benefit one class, which is rogue. The dmg buff was useless regarding class balance : Mecharydon attacks are easy to avoid staying ranged; Ekenta's reflection even easier to avoid...
    The vast majority of dangerous attacks are either insta-kill or easy to avoid (unless player's fault) . From what i've seen, people is dying in new maps because not paying attention or spamming attacks without any sense.

So in my opinion, STS needs to encourage players making those maps a bit easier, at least until some percentage of people grabs new gear. If this happens, and when more and more people grabs lvl81 items, can even buff difficulty gradually, and nerf old content to push laziest ones. Like it happened with esg
    Nicely put, it was a pleasure to read (:

Personally I like to be able to farm both kills and gold at the same time as a warrior class(used to be evg) instead of the boring/non-challenging dm map like you said.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I think we have all just became so use to easy to beat maps that weve became lazy. We dont want to work real hard for anything. I know Im guilty of it.

I think the whole "age of speed" thing contributed to this greatly. we are all running around 100 mph and want to fly through everything.

Maybe its time to slow down and smell the maps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post: