Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
Whoa.... I think there is some confusion.

You assert that the Luck Elixir is a guarantee re-roll to an item of one-level higher rarity. (IE a yellow turns green, a green turns purple, a purple turns pink). The issue you are reporting is that since the bosses do not drop purples, by buying this luck elixir you are functionaly wasting your money, because it will never be turned to a pink.

This would be correct, however... they changed the luck elixir after it was released so that it does not perform a "one-level higher" re-roll, it just does a regular re-roll and gives you the better of the two items.

This post was on 11/18 after we brought up this whole issue of no purples. The Elixir was introduced on the 15th, using the old mechanics. From what I've been told, the Luck Elixir in SL does follow the "one-level higher" format, while the one in PL doesn't.

Hope this clears up some of this confusion...
Ah so they did eliminate that factor...I suppose it's somewhat improved. Thanks for the clarification!

Now for some math to see how much it improved...If the odds for a boss to drop a dragon vanity is 0.1%, then
(1)(1/1000), where 1/1 is 100% drop rate for killing a boss and 1/1000 is odds of getting a pink.
(1/4)(1/1000), where 1/4 is the odds of a reroll occurring from a thrasher luck and 1/1000 is odds of getting a pink on that re-roll.

(1)(1/1000) + (1/4)(1/1000) = .125% chance of getting a dragon vanity.

Previously the equation due to the factor of "pink begetting a pink" was

(1)(1/1000) + (1/4)(1/1000)(999/1000) = .124975% chance of getting a dragon vanity.

I guess .000025% increased odds if a dragon vanity is assumed to drop at a 0.1% rate is truly improved!