Thread: What adjustments to current skills would you like to see?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Default What adjustments to current skills would you like to see?

Hey it's me again with another thread, I feel we never really discuss mage issues so I figured I'd start here, get your feedback, and then maybe forward it to the suggestions area.

Now mage skills imo are not bad, they're actually pretty good. Compared to the other classes we have the benefit of having more possible builds without our role as support being affected, unlike other classes where some skills are a MUST if you want people to run with you.

However despite this variety our role doesn't really shine as much as the other classes. The best thing that ever happened to mages is the Ultimate Energizer, without that I don't think people would need us as much in pts as they do now.

Anyway to not make this post any longer here are some adjustments I would personally like to see with some skills:

Shield:

- The sub-skill that pushes enemies away from you should be able to stun OR do damage in addition to pushing away enemies.

Clock:

- The explosion from the clock when it expires isn't really that strong. Either have it do more damage or give it a chance to stun enemies upon exploding.

Curse:

- Reduce the cool down by 2 seconds.

- Have a sub-skill or mastery where if enemies attack your allies they take a bit of damage (PvE only). Obviously not the full damage cuz that would be broken but something like less than half the usual damage from curse would be good.

Gale:

- I actually joked about this in another thread but let the sub-skill that fires in all directions "Suck" from all directions. I'm not sure about this one cuz it would make some pets useless. But yeah you guys decide

Lightning:

Increase the odds of Sub-skill "Electrical discharge". Both charged and non charged. I'm not asking for a crazy increase like 80%+. But 25% on a normal attack and 35% on a charged attack would be nicer. AT most it should be 45%.

Again these are all opinions based off my playstyle you're free to drop your own suggestions, thanks for reading.

ALSO: if you have a new skill idea in mind please drop it below

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Mage skills are good for me , I would like to see a extra bonus only if you use all upgrades of the skill (with the not wanted too)
    Removing things from game always was a bad thing, better to keep and ad more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

It'd be nice but It'd break pvp. I'd ask curse to regen hp and gale to grant 50ms with no dash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Let’s say we are just talking pve here;

I like most of op’s ideas, I’d only disagree with mages doing that point blank aoe push like shield and gale
    I hate that effect, it’s non condusive for team work
    Swapping the push effect for stun would be nice

But I think any pull (suck) type effects should be better for the war class imho

Also if the new trend is that our bleed & other effects are not going to work on bosses, the we should have even more crowd control effects such as
    Curse should gain the ability to charm
    &
    Auto attacks should gain a rotting flesh type effect like the immo staff or the hex fire

Smurfs also lost some relevance with the loss of proc stacking, and now new bosses are immune to dot ( which makes the skratch gun worthless for some bosses)

We need to gain some relevance as mob destroyers

Just spitballing whilst imbibed
    Cheers
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsooos View Post
    Mage skills are good for me , I would like to see a extra bonus only if you use all upgrades of the skill (with the not wanted too)
    Removing things from game always was a bad thing, better to keep and ad more.
    Thats a great suggestion, I've seen this type of thing implemented in some games would definitely be nice to see in AL. Idk what kind of bonuses they'd offer for active skills but I know this would work well for passives. E.g if you have 5/5 INT you get 1% INT bonus.

And I agree, that's why I made sure not to completely erase any skill and simply adjust current sub-skills under each skill. Removing them completely would ruin some peoples unique playstyles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frekken View Post
    It'd be nice but It'd break pvp. I'd ask curse to regen hp and gale to grant 50ms with no dash
    You're right I can see lightning breaking PvP in clashes, but the others are not that significant so it'd be fine (I think).

But I like your suggestion here. I never liked how the dash had a bit of a delay, where after the dash, you can't move for about a second, plus it throws you in weird directions if you're not careful. 50ms would be great, it's not a crazy value but it also has a significant impact. Mages would also be considered more for timed runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Let’s say we are just talking pve here;

I like most of op’s ideas, I’d only disagree with mages doing that point blank aoe push like shield and gale
    I hate that effect, it’s non condusive for team work
    Swapping the push effect for stun would be nice

But I think any pull (suck) type effects should be better for the war class imho

Also if the new trend is that our bleed & other effects are not going to work on bosses, the we should have even more crowd control effects such as
    Curse should gain the ability to charm
    &
    Auto attacks should gain a rotting flesh type effect like the immo staff or the hex fire

Smurfs also lost some relevance with the loss of proc stacking, and now new bosses are immune to dot ( which makes the skratch gun worthless for some bosses)

We need to gain some relevance as mob destroyers

Just spitballing whilst imbibed
    Cheers
    I appreciate the detailed post btw.

Yeah shield pushing has always been a terrible enhancement/sub-skill. I thought maybe adding stun to that push would make it a better enhancement but completely removing the push effect and replacing it with a stun effect sounds better.

Charm for curse seems like a great idea actually. To keeps things from being OP I guess it would have to be charged and has a 25% chance of charming a mob.

I only worry about the auto attack thing you mentioned cuz I feel like that would be OP for PvE but it would boost our role as mob melters, but hopefully the newer weapons have a similar effect. I personally just can't imagine a new staff beating skratch staff in effectiveness right now unless it has a proc like immo staff

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    I appreciate the detailed post btw
    Ty, I like your threads here also

I only worry about the auto attack thing you mentioned cuz I feel like that would be OP for PvE but it would boost our role as mob melters, but hopefully the newer weapons have a similar effect. I personally just can't imagine a new staff beating skratch staff in effectiveness right now unless it has a proc like immo staff
    Yeah I blame the booze XD, but I think u get what I mean

We have 2 main toon mechanics; durability vs damage
    We smurfs fall short of both so we need something else

I didn’t mean that our auto should literally give “rotting flesh” or “wildfire” but something similar

Could be like Acalais ( sp? the werewolf pet, I mean) slobber- a spreading effect that all smurfs had so that the more in a map= mobs die quick

Thoughts?
    Suentous

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Ty, I like your threads here also

Yeah I blame the booze XD, but I think u get what I mean

We have 2 main toon mechanics; durability vs damage
    We smurfs fall short of both so we need something else

I didn’t mean that our auto should literally give “rotting flesh” or “wildfire” but something similar

Could be like Acalais ( sp? the werewolf pet, I mean) slobber- a spreading effect that all smurfs had so that the more in a map= mobs die quick

Thoughts?
    Ah I get what you mean. A realistic way to implement this would probably be through the lightning skill.

You know how dragon blades have that electric proc that spreads through enemies and pretty much cripples mobs? I think it would be cool if lightning had a similar enhancement (probably replacing the sub-skill "Electric discharge"). It would be something like this:

Sub-skill: Infectious Static (I'm bad with names )

"Lighting now has a chance to 'stick' to an enemy and spread to any enemy that gets too close to it. It does DoT for 4 secs on each enemy"

Or something like that idk just brainstorming at this point xD

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Ah I get what you mean. A realistic way to implement this would probably be through the lightning skill.

You know how dragon blades have that electric proc that spreads through enemies and pretty much cripples mobs? I think it would be cool if lightning had a similar enhancement (probably replacing the sub-skill "Electric discharge"). It would be something like this:

Sub-skill: Infectious Static (I'm bad with names )

"Lighting now has a chance to 'stick' to an enemy and spread to any enemy that gets too close to it. It does DoT for 4 secs on each enemy"

Or something like that idk just brainstorming at this point xD
    yeah, that or something very similar sounds good
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think gales speed buff needs a rework with how times are changing! maybe MS going higher to lower as ticks down 200 - 100 - 50.