Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [NEEDED] Game Search Filters, Friends Chat/Invite, Lost Expedition Chat Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb [NEEDED] Game Search Filters, Friends Chat/Invite, Lost Expedition Chat Color

These are the just the very basic and obvious changes that has to be made quite urgently.

Game Searching Lobby Improvement
    -Fix the Min Level/Max Level Filter
    -Add a Map Pack Filter (Who would go back or look at hundreds of forest haven games at level 30?)
    -Filter Locked Games (Reasonable!)
    (All these will reduce the time it takes for us to find the right games, what a mobile game supposed to be. Also reduce the load of the servers!)

Game Joining Min Level Requirement
    -Set the reasonable minimum level for players to join the respective map pack.

UPDATE: I can feel that the DEV have a concern for the level limitation because those high level maps are paid maps and that is the source of their income. That's totally reasonable. My suggestion is that the level limit does not have to be that high. It can be level 13 limit for all maps. A smart player can play as a healer/buffer/debuffer with only level 13 and two maxed out skills. I don't mind a level 13 on the Lost Expedition if they actually do play and shoot. Imagine a lvl 13 archer with Crit buff can deal decent damage as well. They already fixed the idling leeching issue so I think this is not TOO serious a problem.

Friends Chat & Game Invite
    -I met some decent players and we tried to get into the same games. There is no way to send a short message to tell them the game name. Very FRUSTRATING The JOIN friend's game feature does not work. Please fix this!

Lost Expedition Chat Color Fix

-The Snowy grounds is nice but is very BAD for the CHAT due to poor contrast! We can barely see the text. Is it possible to change the color to at least gray or something.

Let's make this game even better! Show your support!

-Felora/Preda
    Last edited by Felora; 04-19-2010 at 06:29 AM.
    Felora - Level 30 Enchantress
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These are all really good ideas! A dev member told me whispers/tells will be in the next submission.

Those search lobby things sound like they would be easy to implement, and they would be super helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol glad to see sombody create a convenient list of most suggestions (including one of my own lol)

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felora View Post
    These are the very basic and obvious changes that has to be made quite urgently.

Game Searching Lobby Improvement
    -Fix the Min Level/Max Level Filter
    -Add a Map Pack Filter (Who would go back or look at hundreds of forest haven games at level 30?)
    -Filter Locked Games (Reasonable!)

Game Joining Min Level Requirement
    -Set the reasonable minimum level for players to join the respective map pack.

Friends Chat & Game Invite
    -I met some decent players and we tried to get into the same games. There is no way to send a short message to tell them the game name. Very FRUSTRATING The JOIN friend's game feature does not work. Please fix this!

Lost Expedition Chat Color Fix
    -The Snowy grounds is nice but is very BAD for the CHAT due to poor contrast! We can barely see the text. Is it possible to change the color to at least gray or something.

Let's make this game even better!

-Felora/Preda
    Join game filtering by campaign is in progress (and sorting), adding locked as a filter makes sense too.
    Lower level people can buy the campaigns, and we didn't want to lock them out of something they bought.
    More advanced chat is in the next submission to the iTunes store.
    White chat on white background is fixed, should be up tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakis View Post
    Join game filtering by campaign is in progress (and sorting), adding locked as a filter makes sense too.
    Lower level people can buy the campaigns, and we didn't want to lock them out of something they bought.
    Yes but a lvl 1 chicken walking into a lvl 30 dungeon is not very correct either.

Dungeons should have a min level requirement. You must be this tall to go on ride. Eg Darkforest can be restricted lvl 10+,
    Also it makes sense, what if a person skips darkforest and balefort castle and Fathom Crypt and just jumps to lost expedtion. And leaches off people till they get to a decent level.
    Missing out on some income there.
    I mean, if maps have a max level, its only logical they also have a min level for exp. Sure they can join, just dont give em exp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Yes but a lvl 1 chicken walking into a lvl 30 dungeon is not very correct either.

Dungeons should have a min level requirement. You must be this tall to go on ride. Eg Darkforest can be restricted lvl 10+,
    Also it makes sense, what if a person skips darkforest and balefort castle and Fathom Crypt and just jumps to lost expedtion. And leaches off people till they get to a decent level.
    I mean, if maps have a max level, its only logical they also have a min level for exp. Sure they can join, just dont give em exp?

yeah seriously people complain about leechers but a lvl 5 in a lvl 30 dungeon is as worse too me, and not to talk about another famous mmo but when you buy expansion pack you still have to be a certain lvl to have access to it
    Archer. maxvegas
    Warrior. loonee
    Enchantress. zephyrs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cant wait for kick to come in, because the lower level player just end up spamming the chat q with res me res me res me etc
    Iphone 16GB 3GS
    Character: Itcho, Warrior (Level 30) on Alterra Server
    Character: Itcha, Enchantress (Level 12) on Alterra Server
    Proud Member of the LEGENDS Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darrensmith016 View Post
    cant wait for kick to come in, because the lower level player just end up spamming the chat q with res me res me res me etc

I usually stand on their corpse and do the celebration emote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Agreed! That is part of my point.

However, I can feel that the DEV have a concern for the level limitation because those high level maps are paid maps and that is the source of their income. That's totally reasonable.

My suggestion is that the level limit does not have to be that high. It can be level 13 limit for all maps. A smart player can play as a healer/buffer/debuffer with only level 13 and two maxed out skills. I don't really mind a level 13 on the Lost Expedition if they actually do play and shoot. Imagine a lvl 13 archer with Crit buff can deal decent double damage as well. The DEV already fixed the idling leeching issue so I think this is not TOO serious a problem. Let's see what they can do
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakis View Post
    Thanks for the quick response! The game is definitely getting better.
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've mentioned this in another thread that I'd like to see Spacetime add an option on the New Game page where you can set the minimum join level. Can't be too hard to implement, and would certainly help to keep low level leechers from playing in your games.. as long as you're the one starting them, at least.