Thread: Randomized boss points, again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Randomized boss points, again?

In the beginning of event, boss points were stable and did not randomize each time the boss was killed. Why was this changed? I didn't see anybody complain about it being the same every time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Maybe people didn't notice, but it was changed to make lb more fair, and reserved for top 50 spots..

No ties, unless you are very lucky

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avta View Post
    Maybe people didn't notice, but it was changed to make lb more fair, and reserved for top 50 spots..

No ties, unless you are very lucky

Could you explain how it makes LB more fair? I could do 10 runs and get the lowest randomized amount of points for those runs and someone else could do 10 runs and earn higher amounts or the max amount for each run. Doesn't make it more fair, makes it more luck based. I would just like to know why it was changed when it wasn't an issue. You can have a competitive LB and still have equal points for runs, even if people decide they don't want to tie at the end thats fine and for the people on LB to decide. Not sure why it was reverted to randomized.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticG View Post
    Could you explain how it makes LB more fair? I could do 10 runs and get the lowest randomized amount of points for those runs and someone else could do 10 runs and earn higher amounts or the max amount for each run. Doesn't make it more fair, makes it more luck based. I would just like to know why it was changed when it wasn't an issue. You can have a competitive LB and still have equal points for runs, even if people decide they don't want to tie at the end thats fine and for the people on LB to decide. Not sure why it was reverted to randomized.
    Lb runners agreed during events to stay at the same points amount, then more players would receive the rewards they wanted to. For example, the last 2 days of an event, imagine the first 20 lb runners agreed to fix their points, then there would be 20 top 10 rewards gave to those players. Its unfair cause top 10 rewards are intended to be given to 10 players (maths).

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

People agreed to tie, then broke the tie last minute making some run weeks for nothing. You will end up around the same average points per run as an lb runner due the law of large numbers anyways.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticG View Post
    You think 1 or 2 more/less randomized points would make the lb unfair?

Let's say the most unluckiest person on the world plays the event, and gets 1 less point then he should always... he will only be 1k points behind after 1000 runs..

Get real bro....chances are you'll also get more points than others on some runs, so it balances out.