Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Leaderboard Banners Design Inquiry/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Default Leaderboard Banners Design Inquiry/Discussion

Hey!

Every season we have the opportunity to have a look at the preview of the banners and badges anyone can possibly obtain working throughout the season. Different kind of leaderboards offer different banner designs and badges.
    Within the last updates I've noticed that there's a slight pattern change in how the number of the season (that's always displayed with the use of roman numeral system) has changed and pretty much stands out from the rest of previously granted to players banners for topping seasonal leaderboards. While I think the change looks nice for the casual leaderboards (the season 28 would be actually a struggle to fit into the banner width) the hardcore ones look a little bit too much off.

As an example 2 of the banners I obtained in previous seasons vs the 2 of the banners that are there to obtain this season from same categories.

Name:  Banners issue.png
Views: 558
Size:  333.2 KB

You can see that the Top player banner really does look better I think it would be nice for design team to update the older banners that had same issue with the roman numerals being too close as well (like season 18 for example).
    On the other hand the top hardcore class banner gives totally different vibe and I personally think the roman numerals are just too big and wide compared to the previous season banner.

Therefore there are my questions to the Design team/ Developers:

1. Could you adjust the banners from previous seasons to have a similar look for casual leaderboard (that's all previous seasons banners look have same clearer nice roman numeral design as season 23 banner)?
    2. Can the Hardcore top class/player banners had their numerals slightly shortened but also had the same treatment as given to the casual leaderboards?

And the question to community:
    Does anybody agree/disagree with my point of view and if there's a different suggestion feel free to comment your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Demon
    Last edited by |Ares|; 10-16-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Good idea, bump from me

Wysłane z mojego YAL-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

+1 for the idea. Also can design team consider other colours than purple-ish since it became kind of tradition lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

That sounds good. With the increase in the number of seasons, the numbers on the banners became unreadable. I agree with you that the numbers should be separated from each other, but this way the numbers on the banners look too big and rough. I think the numbers should move away from each other, but I think the font size should be reduced a little. This way banner can look more polite.
    - Elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I see why people prefer these 2 slight adjustments but to be completely honest I dont mind either way of numbers on my banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I like how the roman numerals overlap, although they seem to be too crowded, and I also dislike how the s23 ones have theirs completely spaced out and would cause problems in the future regarding it not fitting the banner. I'd say space them by a little bit while still maintaining that overlapping effect.

I also disagree with reducing the font size. They are small enough and are barely readable unless you zoom in or inspect someone. I figured that proportionally increasing the banner size by a little while maintaining font size would be the fitting solution - it enables them to space the roman numerals out a bit (solves the crowdedness issue) while still having ample margin gaps where the roman numerals don't bleed off the edge of the banner, and all that while still maintaining readability.
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 10-16-2021 at 11:36 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would agree with your POV, and the questions you asked them seemed good enough because the season 23 banner roman numeral looks way cleaner and better, it is nicely spaced, rather than previous seasons where the numbers are a bit compacted. Sts changed the look of season 23 roman numerals, so it would be right and fair to ask them to adjust previous seasons banners to make it look like season 23 banner, making all the seasons banner design all the same neatly and nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I like most of the ideas in OP, and feel it’s on the right track for future. As far as changing all the old banners, leave em as is.
    +1
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Reviving the thread again, thanks for all of the comments.

I've also just noticed this;

Was the difference in roman numerals here intended?

Name:  Banner issue 2.png
Views: 335
Size:  329.5 KB

I'd really like a dev response regarding this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

One of your banners is more rectangular than the other. Probably why there is a difference between the two..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    One of your banners is more rectangular than the other. Probably why there is a difference between the two..
    That's only the angle from where the ss was taken, can see how the roman numerals are close to the borders on elite dungeons banner while on the planar arena banner they are centered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice idea .......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Matter of the fact that design of numerals changed on banners but there was no official statement or anything regarding that. I know that majority of the people enjoy the old style design or at least the way they look similar with numerals.
    Still wishing that any dev could give any insight about it all.

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Changes were intentional. Since it seems like such a surprise when we do things that vary from previous stuff, I should probably advise you to expect other intentional changes to take place - and variations to be made for future designs based on our creative direction.

The request to change previous seasonal banners gets a hard 'no' from me. You know this would be the case since you've been around for a while - but since you explicitly asked, I'm explicitly responding :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Changes were intentional. Since it seems like such a surprise when we do things that vary from previous stuff, I should probably advise you to expect other intentional changes to take place - and variations to be made for future designs based on our creative direction.

The request to change previous seasonal banners gets a hard 'no' from me. You know this would be the case since you've been around for a while - but since you explicitly asked, I'm explicitly responding :-)
    Wasn't my intention to sound demanding, more like really persuasive D:
    If there are probably variations waiting to be made for future designs any chance it would be in a form of community suggestions? Obviously depending what initially would be there to change?