Thread: Pvp at 81

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Default Pvp at 81

Well gz, pvp is dead at end game. I used to be able to organize clashes but now no one is in 81 pvp. I haven't even had a honor match in weeks and I hate honor. The only good thing about honor is people used to actually fight there. 98% of my friends have sold their pvp gear. Hell even the people I don't like from pvp don't pvp anymore. I haven't seen it this dead since ebon aegis scared all the rogues away. I don't know why everyone left or how to fix it but with out pvp I have less and less of a reason to log in every day. Nothing to farm in this event, no reason to run the empty expansion. I used to pve to buy pvp gear. Now what? Pve to buy more pve gear? Run maps for gold so I can run maps for more gold? Feels like a waste of time to log in. If it wasn't for my friends in game I would have 0 reason to log in. I enjoyed the competition and emotions of pvp not the endless grind for gold.

What would bring you back to pvp?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    I havent touched normal pvp since 2017 but i feel like its been dead ever since they removed the leaderboard for it.
    Adding it back would probably make it alive again, but then they would have to deal with the cheaters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I doubt anybody wants to bother gearing before the arcanes are released. But either way, the overpowered, pve designed, luck-based procs killed competitive pvp. I assume most pvp players will remain at 44, 48, 61 until they are removed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pvp was always about rogues, no rogues no pvp

One of problems atm:
    Rogues dont know what to do now, sts gave us 2 new weapons, daggers with almost useless proc, and bow which adds 1,5-2,2k damage compared to duggar daggers/new daggers. All questions to devs about this shet, they answer "we don't know yet" and closing threads haha, uselesses had 2 years to make new expansion and still can't decide what to do with new weapons. No doubts that almost every pvp rogue waiting new arcanes and won't pvp atm.

Also idk why are you so surprised, pvp was always 'dead' at every release of new weapons because new weaps always broken and price too high/unreasonable (for me as f2p player, so i think for some other players too) for weapon which is totally useless in pve and going be outdated in 2 months + going be nerfed probably (don't forget to add 50-100m to its price to awake it). Also I know some players with gold and they ready to get gears for pvp, but its problem too, just check auc lol, there are 0 items with good awake (for rogue), so players with gold have to search week or more just to find gears and buy it overpriced ofc lol, this is ridiculous.

Well gz, pvp is dead at end game. I used to be able to organize clashes but now no one is in 81 pvp.
    These clashes... I don't even see anybody new, from ebon weapons release (3 years ago?) until now I see only same people in normal pvp, same clashes, its boring... It became like pve for me but without rewards (fighting with same people again and again, knowing gears of every rogue and skill/tactics of every pvp warrior, almost all clashes I can predict who will win/loose, it is not competitive for me anymore). How to get new people into pvp? Atleast stop desperately talking that pvp is dead and toxic

Sts said there will be new pvp mode, I'm sure some new ppl will try it atleast and maybe like pvp... but where is it? We getting only trash weapons with broken procs instead anything exciting and new about pvp. Do i need to talk about ruined ctf? It was fine place to get some clashes, now its place for farming aps for all "TOP" plaers and guilds. I don't see problem to remove gates from ctf and keep it opened for randoms even if one of sides has 4 flags... it was nice map even for 1x1 rogues. Ranked normal pvp was fine too, idk why it got removed, atleast they could keep matchmaking system without ranks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I wouldn't say pvp was active but we could at least get a clash in every day or close to it. Now it's almost impossible and as you said its the same people everytime.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the twink brackets. Even those have a small player base and often die out for long periods.

With gear we won't see all the new arcs for a long time. Even when they are released we need another awake event for good pvp gear. I understand pvp gear will be over priced but so is good pve gear. If pvp was gear driven only I would understand the issue but honor is practically free. Even honor is slow. Only 26 people on overall honor lb with more then 1500 points. I know the people in honor are toxic af and drive new players away but this can't be the only reason no one is in honor. Or I hope it isn't.

Last time I saw normal pvp really active is when eterno was released and did a massive debuff. Then everyone was in tdm. One simple change was all it took so I'm hoping it's something that can be addressed. I don't care I'd people cheated for lb, if all everyone needs is a reward to pvp then bring it back please.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    193 Posts

For me:

- Removing awakenings from PvP. No one wants to go up against the guy with maxed out awakenings + glowstick. Especially in lower twink lvls where gear is scarce.

- PvP events. First let me say I LOVE the last man standing honor event. I'm not a warrior or rogue but I do enjoy it. Would be nice if these were more common and depending on the position you die at, you'd get points. These points would add up and you'd go through tiers (just like normal events). The prizes for each tier don't have to be special, you can get stuff like ankhs, respecs, crafting materials etc.

- We need to sit down and decide on a twink level that we'll all play on. This is more in regards to twink PvP and not endgame but everyone is so scattered. To make it worse you have people trying to sell twink gear they're stuck with, so they create "fake activity" on certain levels to get people to buy it. People have gotten wiser and now are reluctant to join any lvl.

- Make it like honor where you can only enter with a PvP set. This set could be craftable or bought at vendors for tokens.

Of course a lot of these are easier said than done and I'm sure there are a bunch of cons to each of these that I haven't considered but yeah just my opinions..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

If they added customizable PVP rooms(# of players, types of gears you can use, only selected pets, character level) I’m sure pvp would 100% revive.

-Adding Lb won’t do anything considering it’s easier than ever to farm kills/flags.
    -Removing awakes will never happen considering it rivals that of players buying vanity auras/opening locks.
    -PvP events are nice but once every year? The game gets extremely repetitive after a few days… if they were to have these PvP events every 1-2 months, it would be fine.
    -Honor PVP if decent but it lacks customization. Every class uses the same build/pets. No fun at all, the only way to win there, is no NOT SKILL, it’s the timing of your skill CD and internet connection. The closest thing you get to skill in the game is maybe if you 1v1 in honor but even there, it’s unbalanced considering rogues are strongest.

I think and still do to this day, the best way to revive the entire game is to just start from scratch. AL 2.0 or a Second server. Level caps are smaller, gear isn’t crazy overpowered and classes are somewhat “balanced”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I don't think it will be active anytime soon. Maybe with the new mode idk. I gave up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Need to remove procs in pvp. People are waiting for the arcanes and to see if it will even be active

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

+1 /

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

After last update of mythic weapons 81 I have checked their procs in pvp: warrior sword proc deals me 10k damage by one attack (warrior str 1,8k, my armor is 8,6k its almost max for 81lvl + I had 25%dmg reduce in HB for that moment), mythic bow proc deals 12k damage (it's 1hit almost for any rogue in speed set); new daggers, staff and gun are totally useless in pvp, haven't seen aegis proc in pvp yet, but I hope you all enjoying new weapons

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Whatever. For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Aegis one hits war and 2 hits wars through jug.

I was going to put that in the bug section but really it doesn't matter what the new weapons do in pvp. It's empty.
    Last edited by capeo; 11-09-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Aegis one hits war and 2 hits wars through jug.

I was going to put that in the bug section but really it doesn't matter what the new weapons do in pvp. It's empty.
    Just played 2x2, really its 1 hit even warriors lol... don't forget to put bow there too if you decide to report that bug(?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Lol I think it's worse then the ebon aegis. At least you can avoid reflect by not attacking. With the bow or new aegis you need to run and hide. Maybe being able to 1 hit each other will bring people back in idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Maybe a pseudo honor set. With no lvls. Accesible to all. When active. You get certain amount of skill points and stats that u can play with and have pre loaded. So that way lower levels go up and higher go lower. Pvp within all Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This is funny. I can't believe people are still saying PVP is dead. It's been dead since lvl 41. I think that was 5 years ago or longer. If you want PVP, this is not the right game. AL is a PVE game with a social aspect to it.