Thread: Guid Leaderboards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Guid Leaderboards

These are just my opinions, I do not mean any harm or hate towards LB guilds. I too come from a guild which benefits from the factors I do not agree with but thought this may help the community as a whole. Feel free to agree or disagree to anything I said and discuss. Just please be polite and avoid any heated arguments. Thanks <3

I think that the guild rank calculation should be updated. Some factors that are included are outdated and I don't see the importance of having them in the guild score.

1. CTF Flags
    CTF is an inactive pvp zone and it is extremely hard to find a match especially with the new requirement (10 players to open a map) which makes it sort of irrelevant today. If somehow CTF revives and players are actively playing CTF as intended (earning flags) then it could be added back.

2. Guild and Account Age
    I cannot think of a reason as to why this should be included because the age of an account or guild does not automatically mean that the quality of the guild/account will be better. I have seen a couple of newer guilds who manage their members well and built a good community but are unable to increase their rank due to guild age. These guilds are more deserving of a higher rank than other inactive guilds who have a high rank due to age. I find it sad that guilds that existed longer have an unfair advantage just because they played the game earlier. They don't have to exert as much effort into other factors of their rank because their age alone will boost their rank up by a lot. While newer guilds, no matter how hard they work and no matter how good (KDR, aps, etc.) their members are can't progress on the leaderboard. I think of all the categories being counted towards guild lb. This may also encourage risky transactions such as buying old guilds and accounts just to get more points on leaderboard.

3. PvP Kills (especially CTF kills)
    I have mixed feelings about this because there are still some players who play PvP as intended and earn their KDR the hard way but there are also aps/leaderboard farmers who farm KDR through ya know, other means. Dummy farming is still farming and takes time which is why I have mixed feelings about having this on LB. I guess it depends how the devs want us to play the game? If they want to encourage PvP to be played the right way (no dummy farming) I think that PvP kills should be removed.

The other components like PVE kills, aps, and days active are still relevant and can be gained by purely playing the game and enjoying as it is so I have nothing to say about these. My suggestion would be maybe to include more relevant factors rather than outdated ones. Maybe something like number of Ekenta/Mecha/Rahab kills for the 81 cap and change it as newer content gets added to the game.

Again, these are just my personal thoughts feel free to discuss or point out if I got any info about guild leaderboards wrong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Imatank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Fully agree with point 1 and 2. It makes no sense to have inactive guilds in lb, just because they have many flags and because their account is old, finding the game before others in the play store is not a great "achievement", also that just playing the game before others is an advantage in itself. And it has already been said that the flag system did not work as it should have, it should not remain a guild achievement either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nocturnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

+1 was going to make a thread ahout this. Especially agree with guild age. Also agree with the huge amount of pvp stuff which is considered for guild rank. I mean pvp is dead, and the guilds which are active in pvp arent even in lb. Id say remove them completely and add more stuff related to pve.

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to worshipped For This Useful Post: