Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Down with the cheap elixirs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    Omg this thread needs to go on PL also! They knocked down 2 spots off the leaderboard the BEST PL player of all time (Queenofcakes)
    She was a level52 mage that got 230k kills with no deaths THE RIGHT WAY. That is beyond impressive to me.

My suggestion is, on both SL & PL, they should make an individual leaderboard for end gamekills & kills in general...
    Or kills with those uncool enhancers & Kills made on on maps or your level
    Nice rant Artstar
    That's really cool, I don't understand why some people can't see the awesomeness of the natural gameplay, and how enhancers just poison the system. I mean sure the developers allow us to use these elixirs and sure if funds new content, but it still wasn't how the game was meant to be played. IF ANYTHING, the elixirs were just meant to give a little boost to get you where you need to be, or to help you gain more income. I understand that it is a game and if that's how some people wanna play that's their choice and that's fine. Towards the people who think I am flaming the K/D ratio players, Idk if you read the first post, but it clearly states that I'm not flaming them. I said in the first couple sentences idk if you read it or not but I am ranting about the issue I have with these "all access" elixers lol.
    Thanks, I still enjoy playing v5 runs, as old as they are now lol, after six months of no content.

Edit: hokay now that I got the minute, sorry that post was kinda short.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 06-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I find it funny how they waste their time just to get 0 deaths ( and money ). Especially not worth the while if it gets you no where ( in life ). Just saying. Don't hate. My opinion. Now yours. was that offensive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    Lol ik what V5 runs are & I'm in the same guild as you
    This just reminded me of the PL dethroning D:
    It would be pretty funny though if devs changed these enhancers to what they're really for... XP only & not to ativate kills. The enhancer even says "Earn XP in any dungeon (regardless of level)" not kills lol but they won't

lololol I'm stupid I've been really spacey today xD
    Yeahh I think it wouldn't be too much to ask the developers.
    If enough people support it, I'm sure they can alter the elixir with this simple change.
    All I'd like is for the kill count to stop when people get to high levels, I'm sorry you K/D people but it's how I feel.

I mean is this really how we are going to be playing this game? Sure it may be fun for some, but it isn't fun for everyone and I really don't see the point in it. I don't see how having fixed leaderboards is fun for the community. Why can't everyone have a chance to be on it and not just people who again, "have the money to spend."

Think about who these players are going to pass up. Darknaut, Yurimaru, Feitan, Zoneone, Pinkcatz, Deshrail, Afk, Hugoclive.(aka Wilfison or wil)
    I've gotten to know some of these players and they are true Star Legends as well. I'm not worried about my score, I don't want to be #1 PvE kills leader forever guys. I'm speaking out for my fellow hardcore grinding LEGENDS, who didn't cheat their way to the top either.

If I'm not mistaken, Voleria was a brilliant invention of a map to play on that naturally reduces your income, kills, and makes everything harder/more challenging overall. These K/D players have found a loophole in the kills department, and again, IT'S NOT COOL.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 06-17-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    lololol I'm stupid I've been really spacey today xD
    Yeahh I think it wouldn't be too much to ask the developers.
    If enough people support it, I'm sure they can alter the elixir with this simple change.
    All I'd like is for the kill count to stop when people get to high levels, I'm sorry you K/D people but it's how I feel.

I mean is this really how we are going to be playing this game? Sure it may be fun for some, but it isn't fun for everyone and I really don't see the point in it. I don't see how having fixed leaderboards is fun for the community. Why can't everyone have a chance to be on it and not just people who again, "have the money to spend."

Think about who these players are going to pass up. Darknaut, Yurimaru, Feitan, Zoneone, Pinkcatz, Deshrail, Afk, Hugoclive.(aka Wilfison or wil)
    I've gotten to know some of these players and they are true Star Legends as well. I'm not worried about my score, I don't want to be #1 PvE kills leader forever guys. I'm speaking out for my fellow hardcore grinding LEGENDS, who didn't cheat their way to the top either.

If I'm not mistaken, Voleria was a brilliant invention of a map to play on that naturally reduces your income, kills, and makes everything harder/more challenging overall. These K/D players have found a loophole in the kills department, and again, IT'S NOT COOL.
    It's not "Cheating" it's using proper game mechanics a loop hole ? Possibly. Should the devs " Fix" it ? Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

id say we stop the dungeon access enhancer and put something like this:
    every monster killed gives a particular exp like dynasty1xp, red 2xp and each time you unlock a new map, the value of exp decreases so at l40 it would be like dynasty 0.1 exp and so on.
    Hellcurse l Manofmight l Hellcurseii
    PROUD OFFICER OF RAMPAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

or at least cheaper enhacner like 2x 30 min shud b 2 plat, 4x 30 min shud b 10 plat
    Hellcurse l Manofmight l Hellcurseii
    PROUD OFFICER OF RAMPAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akfury View Post
    It's not "Cheating" it's using proper game mechanics a loop hole ? Possibly. Should the devs " Fix" it ? Yes.
    It defies everything we PvE players like to take pride in, I'm sorry if you disagree with me. It's just how I feel.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

My next toon will be named "Lance Platstrong". And my new guild will be "Performance Enhancing Thugs".

Seriously, i think that enhancers should be limited to personal improvement and not contribute to leader board status. I don't know how I would go about this from a developer standpoint, but if i took like 5 mins of serious thought i'm sure i could throw out a half-a-dozen decent ideas. STS is smart, perhaps they could brainstorm a way to keep the leader board from getting reduced to irrelevancy.

I mean c'mon. If you can just buy the top-spot in the leader board like this thread points out, why not just put it in the auction house???
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TsunamiTheClown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

It defies everything we PvE players like to take pride in, I'm sorry if you disagree with me. It's just how I feel.
    i understand but for you to call them "cheaters" is wrong because its proper game mechanics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Maow maow
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I look at it as another facet of game play. I have three level 41 toons that ground their way up without the xp anywhere enhancer. I've helped many players capped as I'm sure you have Art:-)

But after a while of waiting for updates you think... what else can I do? Hey! Let's take a run at the leader board!

Unfortunately, there is an enhancer that allows for quick and easy kills. But part of the challenge was going through every level, timing skills, timing kills, finding the fastest gains:-)

Someone took #1 pve k/d in three days (so I heard). The new challenge has nothing personal against you or any other player. I love this game just as much as you, and try not to let things get to me... it is a game:-) I want to just play and have fun. And when I.m kill farming, and someones alt joins me and keeps me company, well if I can help them level too, then I hope its made them happier:-) Anyway when this power player comes back, will I have done enough to keep my spot? I hope so! :-) And to make sure I'm going to try to place as much distance between me and them as I can!

I know some may look at it as cheap or cheating (trust me, it isn't cheap!), buts its an option the devs put in. A part of game play that presents a challenge that I want to pursue.

I think you are a great player as are most of the players on the leader boards and the players that have been with us since beta. But unless or until the devs take this option out, its a new part to the game play that gives me a challenge.

I do remember when I was younger how frustrated I would get in other games that some players could basically "buy" their way into something, and I feel your pain. But I can afford it now, so all those guys that usta piss me off... well now they gotta deal with me! :-)

As many have replied, you are #1 in many hearts. You've helped many a player and they will always remember you for that! Don't get too tied up in leader boards. I doubt there is a leader board in any game where someone hasn't used the game or a friend or an alt account to get their killer rating. The only truly fair way to do it, would be to have a NEVER EVER EVER used an enhancer or plat gear LB. That would be the only way to remove any financial advantage. Actually.... DO IT devs! That would truly be the ultimate challenge! Gonna go get name neverusedplat just in case:-)

Hope to see you around Art:-) I was helping someone cap today with Pocketlegend in V5. But now, its time to farm kills.

EDIT: Wewt!! Neverusedplat was available!! New non plat LB needed!!
    Last edited by Crummypaladin; 06-21-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Wewt!! Neverusedplat wasnt taken!

Even a crummy Paladin is a good one if he mashes the heal button a lot!!
    PocketLegend (41), LonelyKDOp (41), CrummyPaladin (41), CrummyMage (41), Manrchy (31), Paladin (10), many more

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Crummypaladin For This Useful Post:

Ark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I was thinking that the Xp Anywheres SHOULD stay in the game... Just not GET KILLS everywhere... Just my thoughts on that.
    Also, I hate when you see a capped player with 2-4k Kills... GRRR.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Additional Note Eddited In |
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Possibly Make Xp Elixirs cheaper! When you can kill 4-5 Ppl in the time it takes to kill one on a higher lvl... Well Xp anywhere wins that battle to. So make a cheaper/more useful low plat/gold elixir...
    Last edited by Sryyoulose; 06-21-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

This power player isnt coming back, he hates SL, and he didnt do it in three days, he did it in less than two weeks. He did it to prove a point and because he was bored with PL, not to compete. He did it to get the top kd spot and leave basically.
    I understand where you are coming from.. Can you people not read though? I said I am ranting about an issue I have with the ELIXIRS not the players. I could care less what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about playing, and I have no respect for how you play our game. I am not caught up in the lbs guys, I am not worried about my score! HONEST. Lol I dont wanna be the leader forever, my kills are already emberassing enough as it is. I am speaking up for the many who YOU dicourage with your pointless spending. Trying to voice my opinion to get rid of these elixirs, in a Star Legends community you care nothing for. YOU are the one caught up in the leaderboard and obviously have your priorities messed up by spending all that money to buy your way to the top.

Play fair is all I ask.. Lets settle this on the maps we are suppose to, like WE ARE SUPPOSE TO.

Quote Originally Posted by TsunamiTheClown View Post

I mean c'mon. If you can just buy the top-spot in the leader board like this thread points out, why not just put it in the auction house???
    Last edited by ArtStar; 06-21-2012 at 04:12 AM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post

well anyways .... I've seen a Lv 1 in Shipyard b4 ......

\
    i think that was me :/ when i was testing it out

to be honest i never liked them for leveling and never really though of using them for kills.... just seems so cheap to me i mean its really hard not to die in voleria i mean like your teammates pretty much decide your fate (bad teammates step on mines killing you)
    and then theres people racking up 6 times as many kills playing in an easier level just cause they purchased an elixer worth i think its 5 plat just seems so wrong.
    Last edited by Corpser; 06-21-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Hey Crummypaladin(aka lonelykdop)
    When you pass Yurimaru, why don't you tell us how much real money you spent getting there.
    Let's see how many people respect you for that, and we'll see how "cool" you are then.
    So when you go as far as to pass me up... Lol we can just do the math from there.
    Let's see how worth it, it is then :-)
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Hey Crummypaladin(aka lonelykdop)
    When you pass Yurimaru, why don't you tell us how much real money you spent getting there.
    Let's see how many people respect you for that, and we'll see how "cool" you are then.
    So when you go as far as to pass me up... Lol we can just do the math from there.
    Let's see how worth it, it is then :-)
    no point to post like that art

20. The Following User Says Thank You to akfury For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Pot, meet kettle.

I think this thread has served it's purpose. Not seeing much else coming from this besides a Pwniebombing.
    We all agree there should be leaderboards for 'untainted' accounts, but I doubt that will ever happen, as annoying as that may be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I'm just saying, lol, because I dont get it.
    I want these elixirs altered, I want these players to quit abusing them, and to just play fair.
    This may be out of line, but I am not going down without making these guys look dumb first either.

@Flow: This thread is far from serving its purpose. I don't see any Pwniebombing, this thread has nothing to do with Pwnies or any guild for that matter. I am trying to get this thread noticed by the developers, and as you can see it hasn't been.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Pwniebombing referring to how if it keeps going in the direction of back and forth arguments, it's going to become a meme fest.

I'm sure the devs/mods have seen it, it's probably the only good thread left in SL general. I would guess they're waiting for someone to make a bad flame so they can lock the thread to avoid replying to the topic at hand because it's a controversial subject.

Unfortunately, fair isn't always profitable, and it sucks.