Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down with the cheap elixirs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Exclamation Down with the cheap elixirs!

Woah, it's been a while since I made a Star Legends thread. It's so. . . blue. Well anyways I'm here to rant about an issue I have with these elixirs. These "all access" elixirs to be specific, why do we have them? It's not like any of the lower leveled players are really skipping the maps they are suppose to play on. No, the only players using them are these K/D ratio players that are so proud of their wasteful spending. I know plenty of players who make alts trying for an awesome K/D toon with zero deaths, and they try so hard. My friend the other day was so proud that he just made it to 15k kills without dying, no plat besides the new alt, and I was ecstatic for him. That's an awesome job well done if you ask me. Non-plat users work sooo hard being careful, playing their rightful levels, and raising their kill count NOT FAST, but CAUTIOUSLY. Those are the only K/D ratio players I have respect for when I really think about it. Sorry Levi, don't hate me if you read this, this thread isn't about you.

What is there to gain from spending that much REAL money just to pass someone up on a game. Nothing, it infuriates me how I put in hours gaining prestige by earning kills the right way, setting an example for other players, and meanwhile the Platty Mcplattersons get themselves addicted to enhanced gaming. It's not healthy, and it is a huge waste IMO. It's not cool, not impressive, not Legendary, and it's not even fun. I can't say I've never done kill-runs without a strength elixir before, but I can say that the majority of my kills I earned without plat. I didn't take the #1 spot over night guys, I gradually made my way onto the engineer leaderboard at the lvl-26 cap in Numa, gradually moved up to the "Overall" board at the lvl-31 cap in slouch, and literally fought for the number one spot with Hyun at the lvl-36 cap in the Shipyard. Some of you may even remember this thread, it was a spectacle for the community, and boy did we put on a good show:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t=artstar+hyun
    It was honorable, just a couple of SL addicts going nuts trying to surpass each other, and I truly miss those days.

I can't gain thousands of kills in Voleria a day, I can gain over a thousand if I do runs with randoms all day but that's about it. So it just disgusts me that these K/D ratio players are blowing real money on strength/armor/all access elixirs to gain several thousand kills over-night from a lower level like Cycorp or something, and for what!? lol, people aren't amazed when they see a name they've never heard of before leap pass long time respected players, they say "who the heck is that?" No this isn't me whining, I'm just letting it be known that this isn't right. Legends aren't made, they aren't bought, and they certainly don't need an elixir to do what they do best. I take pride in the fact that I started out as nobody, and continued to be a nobody until I made a name for myself. Half the people on the K/D leaderboard I've never even heard of, they just popped on there over-night basically. What is the fun in that? Lol the whole community is not impressed by how much plat you spend, and if you think otherwise you are sorely mistaken.

Again this is not me whining, this is not me flaming these K/D players, this is simply a rant on how NOT COOL what they are doing is. Because I know I'm going to be passed up this update, and idk about you but I'm not going to try and compete with enhanced plat players. I'm done with that, I haven't bought plat since last December and it's staying that way until I trullllly want to make that purchase. Which I haven't yet, and I'm much happier without plat. To be honest, I was stressed out every single time I used an enhancer, and when I didn't use them I felt like I was a weakling. It wasn't fun at all. Enhancers destroyed the spark I had for the game, and made the initial love I had for the game fade. I'm back in Star Legends now and I'm happy to say that I have gained that spark back! I love running with my natural skills while leveling up random people.

When I say "down with the cheap elixirs," I'm talking about these cheap all-access elixirs that allow high level players to gain a kill count from low levels. To make it even more clear, when I say "cheap" I don't mean plat prices. I mean these no good, not cool, plain dirty elixirs that allow people with the "money to spend," play dirty. It's not fair and it's not honorable, lol it's basically buying cheat codes that discourage non-plat players. As if they didn't already have so much to be jealous of without using plat.

With that said, I truly believe that these elixirs should be altered so that high level players can't use them on low levels, if not taken out of the game altogether.

Thank you
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Many of us agree, however, money talks louder than words around here.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Many of us agree, however, money talks louder than words around here.
    True, STS isn't about to cut any of their income it's just terribly lame.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have to agree with most said, but would be a hypocrite if I totally ruled them out, as I used the all access enhancer from 40-41. We are all guilty of it though, wanting to be the best and admired is human nature, but I've given up a longtime ago trying to be number 1, at the end of the day, I'm one of the most well known players ingame and no one cares or looks at the leaderboards. Get to bed Art :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

As usual the only leaderboard that will matter is pvp straight kills just like PL

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    As usual the only leaderboard that will matter is pvp straight kills just like PL

I hope you don't honestly believe kills aren't farmed in pvp. This is something that goes on daily. Another "sad but true" aspect of all games.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I totally agree, and its not the first time someone has said what you said. Although, it probably is the first time someone has had the cajones to put it on forums

Money does talk louder, but hey don't pay attention to them! Some people like to be at the top of a leaderboard for a game to make themselves feel better *cough*check top pvp kills*cough*, sorry terrible cold.

In the end, let them waste all the money they want so they can feel better if thats what they want. Its their money, not ours.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

So this is what u were telling me about earlier haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

*clap clap clap clap*

From someone with a few good sources of income, i used to buy plat by the tons. During times when I wasn't home a lot I found myself playing SL and PL for HOURS and it got to the point that if I wasn't juicin', I wasn't being productive enough. Mind you, this was just up to the Slouch-O campaign, but still. I've recently realized that it's just a waste of money for me. I did it because I was lazy and didn't have the attention span to do runs for hours on end...most of the time I just stood around talking. But the people doing it just to get a spot on the leaderboards...come on guys. Think about what else your money can buy. It's good to support STS, I'm not saying not to buy plat....it's just...why waste it like that? All it took was for me to take one hard look at my bank statement to change my ways...well that and I got a job so priorities went back in order

All in all, regardless of what the leaderboards may say, you're still #1 in my eyes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    you're still #1 in my eyes
    this

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I have NEVER bought plat before nor used ALL ACCESS ELIXIRS EVEN ONCE.

All the plat from those tapjoy offers(supporting the game one offer at a time)always end up being wasted on inventory slots, respec and cool vanities.

I had rather PAY THE BILLS than waste real-life money on virtual currency.

Naturally, I agree with Artstar on her rant on people who pay real life money to get the best stuff in the game and FAKE Kds.

At least I'm being honest.
    PEACE

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    the Platty Mcplattersons
    I can only say that I loved that.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PianoWizzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I remember that before the vanities came out and all these cheap elixers, it was based on hard work. Remember how much attention Zero and his friends got when they did Delta 7 nekkid? That was hard work that deserved a little applause.
    I'm not a leaderboard person as I used to be in the beta, but now it's not worth it.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I understand where your coming from, but some of us have a 40+hr a week job and children/families to raise. We all may not have the time we need to dedicate to our toons, so that's where the job comes in.

Elixirs are here for a reason I believe.

Not hating/flaming but wanted you to see the grass on the other side

*edit* and sts needs to buy lunch for their kids too

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Remember how much attention Zero and his friends got when they did Delta 7 nekkid?
    Cause GoW doesn't mess around son

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Its a game and should be played like a game. HAVE FUN! Art is always and forever will be #1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I see where youre coming from but think of it this way, the stuff is there for them to buy and buy as many times as they want. Its like in pvp, People yell out "rusher!" And act like its a big problem when theres really no rule against it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Spacetime provides us with elixirs just like vanity and armour and weapons inthe store. They all cost plat. They have to make money some way, and elixirs are to help you out, but in one way, they do cause the players to have less knowledge about the game because they rushed through the whole thing.

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

U missed a point..there are people there who are so happy to.tell "Bro u are choosing the hardway..go buy plats and level to 40-41 in4hrs in 'cycorp' its ONLY 400 PLATS and u dont die too"
    I dont get it..we all fight thebway upto lv41 in voleria dying 100s of times..and they cap in4hrs..
    Its really unfair..I agree i buy plats too but never used em for "enhancing" myself!
    Artstar am wid u in this topic..i feel disgusted too!

-Rik(Rittik)