Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your funniest story about playing with a noob:)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile Post your funniest story about playing with a noob:)

I have an int ursan build, thesnowqueen, who is only a lvl 10. I was questing on lvl 10 or 11 and ran into a group of other players (only ONE player was a mage) all lvl 7 - 9.

The pure Mage ran into five enemies and was dead instantly

THEN she yelled at my bear and a bird to "Revive me. Revive me now."

ROTFL

I know everyone must have funny stories. Post them!
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

What's even sadder is that I see level 45 Mynas noobs do this same thing all the time...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    What's even sadder is that I see level 45 Mynas noobs do this same thing all the time...
    I know you're right. It is sad...
    BUT we might as well have a laugh as we cry about how much they don't know... so tell me a story
    Make us laugh, Royce

It's like one of my fav quotes in the movie "Steel Magnolias"- "Laughter through tears is one of my favorite emotions..."
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both being level 19s I was twinking with a friend... The funny thing is that when someone enters if there not level 19 it basically meanS yor going to win... So one time someone enters the gAme on the other team as I was just about to ask "what level" my friend just says meat! and devoured him ....quickly.
    Staffed 46 Littlepvp 30 Staved 19. Laconic level 30
    stazed level 30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

recently happened, i was playing map 5, and you know how everyone leaves the 20 mobs that lead up to some guy in the map? well i and some mage had died and we had to walk back, as i start walking back im actually behind him...we get to the intersection where you take a left but he kept on going and died...all he said was 'WTF I THOUGHT WE CLEARED!" then he left...
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

This isn't really a story...But don't you love it when you have like 2 45 chars and your lvling another one....and a guy says like "Haha look at that lvl 8 noob AHAHAHA!" What I love to do when they say that is leave and come back with my 45 char and I say "Hey its me that lvl 8 noob " Then I crack up....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    This isn't really a story...But don't you love it when you have like 2 45 chars and your lvling another one....and a guy says like "Haha look at that lvl 8 noob AHAHAHA!" What I love to do when they say that is leave and come back with my 45 char and I say "Hey its me that lvl 8 noob " Then I crack up....
    Lol lol omg yes!
    I was lvling a char in Forest Haven campaign and I tried to help this guy because he kept getting killed. He said, " SHUT UP. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. SHUT UP."

I left and came back as a lvl 45 char & said it was me & then I watched him die & then I left

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

So how about this? I hosted a game on AO2 map 4, looking to fight through the map. Everyone who joins wants to rush, so I say whatever, let's rush. We have an Int mage wearing a vanity hat there. This mage keeps dying, and is at least mostly to blame for the rush failing, and 2 players leaving. The Int mage and the bear who remain still want to rush despite my protests that we don't have a shot, but they just start going, and I don't really care since it's kind of amusing. The mage dies over and over again, sometimes by running far ahead while we stop to kill a Djinn, and keeps restarting despite the fact that I have gone out of my way to get to the corpse and use rez. Eventually more people join, and we half rush, half fight our way through (I can't wait for the game to be over at this point). The mage dies at the boss, and instead of being rez'd restarts the map, and then curses me out for not waiting.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So how about this? I hosted a game on AO2 map 4, looking to fight through the map. Everyone who joins wants to rush, so I say whatever, let's rush. We have an Int mage wearing a vanity hat there. This mage keeps dying, and is at least mostly to blame for the rush failing, and 2 players leaving. The Int mage and the bear who remain still want to rush despite my protests that we don't have a shot, but they just start going, and I don't really care since it's kind of amusing. The mage dies over and over again, sometimes by running far ahead while we stop to kill a Djinn, and keeps restarting despite the fact that I have gone out of my way to get to the corpse and use rez. Eventually more people join, and we half rush, half fight our way through (I can't wait for the game to be over at this point). The mage dies at the boss, and instead of being rez'd restarts the map, and then curses me out for not waiting.
    Omg lol ROTFL that's hilarious!

Yesterday or the day before I was in AO2 lvl 4 w a group. We were clearing the map and were about halfway through. One of my friends says, "they are about to disconnect the server. For god's sake, RUSH," lol Nobody wanted to. He begged. We weren't in chars to rush successfully but we went ahead because it was important to him. I had to rez people and it was a hurlyburly mess, but our group intact made it finally to Zmoxx.

One step in the room, and the server disconnected. Lol lol lol lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ummm...how do ppl know when the servers are gonna get reset? lol

i was playin like last week as my mage (lvl 26 at the time) in fathom crypts with a bumch of lvl 10-15s, one of them kept ranting at me, when he was the only on in the party NOT a mage, to heal him...maybe 5 health points gone each time...and when i told him that i wasnt goin to waste my mana healing him every ten seconds because he doesnt like to not have full health, he goes "its called PREEMPTIVE"...being i wasnt the host of the game, i couldnt boot him...my response, "its called IGNORE"

god i love that button...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im a noob myself but funniest thing i've seen was on swamps one of the "mini" bosses kept killing us since no one would listen to my suggestion of waitin for everyone to get there first, they just kept running in and getting 1-hit was quite humorous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah the lemmings strategy(or Zapp Brannigan)send wave after wave of my own men knowing full well that eventually they would reach their kill limit and shut down.
    I love it when players are in maps way above their level and don't know any of the basic game mechanics. Then get mad at you because they keep dying.
    Last edited by Tailless; 08-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lubh View Post
    im a noob myself but funniest thing i've seen was on swamps one of the "mini" bosses kept killing us since no one would listen to my suggestion of waitin for everyone to get there first, they just kept running in and getting 1-hit was quite humorous.
    i hate that place. been there once, lvl 31 warrior...i was killed on the spot. i quit and went to AO, where i didnt get killed at all...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lubh View Post
    Lmao, I've seen this too They run single file like lemmings into frogmar (or Lebow), to their (repeated) doom. I also love the related phenomenon of players who don't understand working together, and just follow their autoattack wherever it takes them. It's mostly amusing since they usually just wander away and get killed, but it can be annoying when you're trying to fight a boss, and some bear is off to the side hacking away at a regular croc or mummy.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

My favorite is other then having my bird booted by a mage for ~refusing~ to rev them was when I hosted a AO2:1 game. A level 21 and a Level 31 join, and it goes like this:
    me: I'm rushing.
    Lvl31: Yeah, same, please don't boot me.
    Lvl21: Yeah, please don't boot.
    Lvl31: LOL, a level 21 asking not get booted. Beat it and come back when you get some experience.
    me: /boot lvl31

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I was in Zyla's lounge (as I like to call it) a while ago leveling my twink - for the record, playing along and not just sitting in the corner leeching - when another player enters. He must have gotten there by joining a friend because he asks, "What is this place?" I tell him and he asks how you get there. I explain how you can use the grate or search for Hidden and Balefort. He says, "Wow, I'm a 45 and I didn't know that!!"

I debated telling him about my two 45s, but in the end I just said "Yeah see, noobs are good for something!" He totally bought it and was like, "Omg yeah you're right!" I was lmao and nobody knew it.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

My funny story happened this weekend. Two level 45 Mynas Generation noobs are trying to get people to help them run AO2:1, and one of them says to the other, "I know, I'll invite Snakespeare." But Snakes is only level 39. When Snakes arrives, they forget that they invited him and, seeing he's only level 39, give him the boot. Doh! Silly noob should have looked at the level of the person he invited before inviting him. LOL! They must have thought I was yet another level-capped noob from the Tombs of Mynas. hahahahahaha!!! ... ["friend" removed, of course] ...

Two level 45s should be able to do AO2:1 without me...

and FWIW I don't intend to run AO2 until I reach 40th. Invites should tell you where they are inviting you. Others have been inviting me to AO2:3, which is a map for the sort of player I never want to be...
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 08-23-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Lmao, I've seen this too They run single file like lemmings into frogmar (or Lebow), to their (repeated) doom. I also love the related phenomenon of players who don't understand working together, and just follow their autoattack wherever it takes them. It's mostly amusing since they usually just wander away and get killed, but it can be annoying when you're trying to fight a boss, and some bear is off to the side hacking away at a regular croc or mummy.
    I have had some good noob experiences lately. Been really enjoying the Swamps, and I always look forward to a groups first single file death march, which is pretty much inevitable and to be expected of noobs. Right after everyone respawns, I either wait up, or tell the first person to wait up and tell people it is time to regroup at a point away from the boss and take em together. MOST people are really willing to do this and fall in behind a leader, and the one or two that runs ahead just dies again and then joins up. I find if I try to help a group work together BEFORE the first slaughter, it never takes, but after that humbling experience, Noobs are ready to learn.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    "Wow, I'm a 45 and I didn't know that!!"
    This is actually the official motto of the Mynas Generation. I think they're getting t-shirts printed up that say that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

This is actually the official motto of the Mynas Generation. I think they're getting t-shirts printed up that say that
    I think when Snakes reached level 44, I will put him aside and wait for AO3. I just don't want anyone to ever think I'm one of them.