Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP and Housing APs should be removed....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

+1 ro remove aps from pvp achievements to not get anyone banned because they feel like they need to farm a dummy for lb
    -1 to remove housing or other costly aps but I prefer to not have any new ones of these added

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    There she does not specifically say one thing will get you banned, she alludes that some things can get you banned w/o saying what they are

Rem is not a dev, she is a forum moderator, it isn’t her say
    She clearly says dummy farming is cheating and cheating can get you banned if found out.

And while she may not be a dev im pretty sure she knows what shes talking about. Highly doubt devs would let her spread false information.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

-1 on house APs removed. I can imagine many players used plat to achieve that AP.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YeaSheGamez View Post
    She clearly says dummy farming is cheating and cheating can get you banned if found out.

And while she may not be a dev im pretty sure she knows what shes talking about. Highly doubt devs would let her spread false information.

“Can “ (not will) get you banned- big difference there
    Besides

She’s contradicting a dev who said kill farming is allowed
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

“Can “ (not will) get you banned- big difference there
    Besides

She’s contradicting a dev who said kill farming is allowed
    1st off i addressed the "can" part in my first comment.

2nd off that post shes "contradicting" is from 2013.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

-1 on removing house aps many playes spent alot of plat on those as avaree already said and if they didnt spend plat they spent time farming gold to get those aps.

House aps are completely f2p achievable.

+1 for the removal of pvp kill aps, because the only way to achieve these aps in todays time is if you have friends willing to help by trading kills and/or giving you free kills.

Or the obvious dummy farm but as this thread has proven it is a GREY area! With many ways to create a "barely legal loophole" but in the end its shady either way and not worth the risk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

2nd off that post shes "contradicting" is from 2013.

Former CEO Justg had also expressed his thoughts on the subject. And that it isn't a punishable offense, but rather sad. Unfortunately, the thread where he said this back in 2018 was deleted from toxicity shortly after, so keep that in mind if you're looking for receipts. However, several players had stated the same thing in subsequent threads about it.

Also, Rem made a broad statement that isn't directly related to dummy farming. On the contrary, developers Samhayne and Justg explicitly stated that it is not bannable, even during times when PvP was in its peak.

Furthermore, they've already removed PvP related leaderboards way back, so, suddenly banning players in 2019 and counting is nonsense.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-08-2021 at 11:42 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Former CEO Justg had also expressed his thoughts on the subject. And that it isn't a punishable offense, but rather sad. Unfortunately, the thread where he said this back in 2018 was deleted from toxicity shortly after, so keep that in mind if you're looking for receipts. However, several players had stated the same thing in subsequent threads about it.

Also, Rem made a broad statement that isn't directly related to dummy farming. On the contrary, developers Samhayne and Justg explicitly stated that it is not bannable, even during times when PvP was in its peak.

Furthermore, they've already removed PvP related leaderboards way back, so, suddenly banning players in 2019 and counting is nonsense.

There were many post in the past that were deleted many that i have been a part of.

i did ask about dummy farming years ago before i got top LB. And EVERYONE including mods said that it violates rules. And i used that SAME POST FROM 2013 that you guys are using to back my case. And as most threads on this subject it was deleted.

Bottom line is its sketchy/shady and devs have never given a straight yes or no on this matter, and if they have its been deleted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

Wow this is crazy you just made a memory pop into my head. I remember Sam saying this. But here's where it gets tricky:

Sam said "Kill Farming" is not banable. Note "Kill Farming". It gets tricky because many believe there's a difference between kill farming and dummy farming.

I remember this cuz in 2014 I made a thread asking what's the difference between dummy farming and kill farming after I read Sam's post.

I also remember Justg saying something along the lines of dummy farming being punishable by ban seemed like an overkill or something along those lines. That's probably the deleted thread you're talking about.

Somehow I had Sam's post bookmarked for discussions like this xD:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Farming-in-PvP

Edit: So yeah it's a very confusing thing. Personally I don't think it's banable BUT it could be one of those things that could be used to justify banning you...
    Last edited by Neutrone; 11-08-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Its allowed else they would have to ban thousands of players those all including every one of their top hc players top aps players etc. I don't see them doing that as it is self harm on income. It really shouldn't be looked down upon considering the fact of no one pvps these days due to toxicity and the lack of balance. Their top hc players spend the most irl money, all of their hc players do the 10k pvp dummy farm kills.
    Its only bannable if a macro is used (bot).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Why doesn't anyone look at the sticky in the pvp section. I mean, it's about this very subject.

Every time someone brings it up the devs are vague because they don't like it but haven't made it banable. Basically your doing something in a way that wasn't what devs intended. At some point it may or may not be changed so they don't say yes or no.

Realistically your best shot at fighting for these was when you where leveling up. Fighting in a twink bracket for the aps since 81 is a ghost town. I accidentally left the game open and 3 hrs later was still alive and alone in tdm. There is no way at end game to fight for these so if you want the ap make friends with someone that also wants the ap and kill each other 10k times. Or kill each others at 10k times. Or pay some one to die 10k times. It is sad bit unfortunately you have no other choice now. I fought for the 10k kills and it took 2 years. I was proud of that but now I think it was just a waste of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Its allowed else they would have to ban thousands of players those all including every one of their top hc players top aps players etc. I don't see them doing that as it is self harm on income. It really shouldn't be looked down upon considering the fact of no one pvps these days due to toxicity and the lack of balance. Their top hc players spend the most irl money, all of their hc players do the 10k pvp dummy farm kills.
    Its only bannable if a macro is used (bot).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    people stopped pvping because of awakenings. Every pvp game has toxicity and a lack of balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Housing aps seem ok, specially if u do the 1k elite kill ones, u should have plenty of money for housing cost.

Only reason i see for pvp aps, is to try keep pvp alive, so least someone would go there. Also i think dummy farming gives service, that someone can make gold if they die (not myself pvp man, never done it or never will). For me pvp seems pretty active, not sure how pvp is even intended to be played, but getting 1hit by rogs aint fun for me.

The real question is does the dummy farming hurt anyone? Not sure if there anymore pvp laderboards/or banners you can get? And maybe someone just all what they do in pvp, is to get some-kind of "justice" and harass dummy farmers and have fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gobbels View Post
    Housing aps seem ok, specially if u do the 1k elite kill ones, u should have plenty of money for housing cost.

Only reason i see for pvp aps, is to try keep pvp alive, so least someone would go there. Also i think dummy farming gives service, that someone can make gold if they die (not myself pvp man, never done it or never will). For me pvp seems pretty active, not sure how pvp is even intended to be played, but getting 1hit by rogs aint fun for me.

The real question is does the dummy farming hurt anyone? Not sure if there anymore pvp laderboards/or banners you can get? And maybe someone just all what they do in pvp, is to get some-kind of "justice" and harass dummy farmers and have fun.
    Pvp ratio affects guild ranking, and seeing as not everyone has access to a dummy or "friends" who will help.

So yes, it does hurt somthing.

Especially when you have guilds out there that constantly have a dummy in ctf and farming it 24/7 every day. After awhile thats gotta affect guild LB.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YeaSheGamez For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Pvp ratio affects guild ranking, and seeing as not everyone has access to a dummy or "friends" who will help.

Especially when you have guilds out there that constantly have a dummy in ctf and farming it 24/7 every day. After awhile thats gotta affect guild LB.

Bumping up guild ranking takes effort in farming PvE kills, and APs, as much as It takes in farming PvP kills.

People can level up a fresh account to lvl 80, and farm kills then. It's about the effort, and not many guild/people are willing to put that in.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

By that reasoning:
    people buying & selling rare bosses affects apps & guild ranking & thus is “hurting” something
    & should be illegal?
    Yes or no
    Suentous

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

By that reasoning:
    people buying & selling rare bosses affects apps & guild ranking & thus is “hurting” something
    & should be illegal?
    Yes or no
    Well, techincally it is illegal lol. Its just that so many people do it that banning them would mean banning half the player base. Pretty much same with dummy farming.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZZTop View Post
    Well, techincally it is illegal lol. Its just that so many people do it that banning them would mean banning half the player base. Pretty much same with dummy farming.
    Ik it doesn’t fit in a trade window, but “illegal” isn’t an accurate description when it isn’t even slightly discouraged & is the norm

Also the word “hurt” is a bad way to judge it
    None of us are hurt by seasonal players who do this all the time
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

So those accounts out there with 50-100k clearly dummy farmed pvp kills arent affecting ranking?

Im not saying ban all dummy farmers thats ridiculous!

Im saying dummy farming is not how pvp was intended to be played, therefor is against the rules.

The subject on dummy farming wasnt brought up by me, someone posted an OLD screenshot from 2013(which only states that they werent CURRENTLY banning accounts back in 2013 for dummy farming) with according to a new post (2019) from a trusted forum mod with extensive knowledge about Arcane Legends (Remi) outdated information.

Remi states that dummy farming is cheating and cheating is banable. This being said 6 years after the thread you guys are following.

So while they may not have been banning for it back in 2013 it is very much possible that they may today if the circumstances are right.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

So those accounts out there with 50-100k clearly dummy farmed pvp kills arent affecting ranking?

Im not saying ban all dummy farmers thats ridiculous!

Im saying dummy farming is not how pvp was intended to be played, therefor is against the rules.

The subject on dummy farming wasnt brought up by me, someone posted an OLD screenshot from 2013(which only states that they werent CURRENTLY banning accounts back in 2013 for dummy farming) with according to a new post (2019) from a trusted forum mod with extensive knowledge about Arcane Legends (Remi) outdated information.

Remi states that dummy farming is cheating and cheating is banable. This being said 6 years after the thread you guys are following.

So while they may not have been banning for it back in 2013 it is very much possible that they may today if the circumstances are right.

50-100k PvP kills comes in from the same hardwork as 10m PvE kills for example....

50-100k PvP kills arguably takes longer than 5m PvE. So if someone is farming for them to help their guild rank, why shouldn't they be rewarded as someone who farms PvE kills or APs?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk