Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on this game- Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Post Clarification on this game- Thanks

Can someone please explain to me what the developers direction & thinking is for this game. This cap was a disaster no one plays it at all. What was the point of making a cap if we have events 24/7 which detract from people playing the new content? What was the point of making all this stuff in this game if it detracts from the cap? What was the point of adding so many plat walls with weapons etc that can only be gotten by your wallet rather than playing? You all have gone so far down the rabbit hole that I truly don't know how you all think continuing to sabotage yourself is a good thing. This same crap happened with the PL cap and it completely destroyed the game. I'm frustrated right now because I can't fathom how you all spend all this time on the level 81 cap etc for absolutely dead content in a new cap. (What you need to be doing is making things related to running cap content and start making it so people have a reason to play the cap you spent all this time and resources on). We should have a plat advantage in this game, but should be able to still obtain everything from playing the content at an extremely low drop chance.

I love playing arcane legends, but I don't see the point of playing when the old content is played more than the new one.... it just doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 11-21-2021 at 06:57 PM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I like the new content but agree wholeheartedly events are too long with little or no “downtime” in between.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

They need to nerf dm

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Xuds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's sad that there is no maps open to farm today. I think the new maps should open sooner than they do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ree For This Useful Post:

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

They deleted endgame basically.. rn just having new mythics = win..no one needs to invest in more stuff/get more gold. Also I'm pretty sure elite content for 81 will come soon and if so, let's hope it's as good or better than evg atleast.
    I agree with you tho except the plat thing ...how does the game force anyone to pay.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to firebelt & crystalkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    They deleted endgame basically.. rn just having new mythics = win..no one needs to invest in more stuff/get more gold. Also I'm pretty sure elite content for 81 will come soon and if so, let's hope it's as good or better than evg atleast.
    I agree with you tho except the plat thing ...how does the game force anyone to pay.

I’m more so saying that I think it is lame you have to have plat to bring weapons into the game. I know you can gold farm and buy them from plat spenders, but I think they should also drop from the in game content itself but at very low drop rate. This would encourage people to regularly farm.
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 11-21-2021 at 09:29 PM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    I’m more so saying that I think it is lame you have to have plat to bring weapons into the game. I know you can gold farm and buy them, but I think they should also drop from the in game content itself.
    It's a pretty small game without any "battle pass" kinda thinggy or similar things..and for a small game I don't think cosmetics alone would meet their financial expenses/expected profits or whatever.
    Because of the market systems any gear ever released will always be available in the market for very good plat:gold ratio so f2p is usually at an advantage imo.

But auras shouldnt be frikkin 1700 sheeeeshh.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to firebelt & crystalkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    It's a pretty small game without any "battle pass" kinda thinggy or similar things..and for a small game I don't think cosmetics alone would meet their financial expenses/expected profits or whatever.
    Because of the market systems any gear ever released will always be available in the market for very good plat:gold ratio so f2p is usually at an advantage imo.

But auras shouldnt be frikkin 1700 sheeeeshh.

I totally understand your point and the plat thing wasn’t my biggest issue more so the lack of activity at end game. But that is why I made the post so I can see other peoples thoughts so thank you for being awesome and giving your perspective.
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 11-21-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

This cap was not a disaster and everyone plays it when dm and evg are off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Nerf dm buff varden to compensate at least

Op has a point, why play endgame if you can do dm fast?

Add to that the fact that constant events provide more incentive than end game maps equals less players in new maps
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

This is just my opinion but...

I kind of feel there is a belief within STS that the game could come to an abrupt end after all this time and hard work. It could happen just as it does with many games and businesses of all sorts but the game is very well made and that is verified by keeping the attention of players for over 9 years.

Since 2012 the creators have actively introduces content that has been interesting enough for people to play this long. The game has become a cult favorite and STS's favorite child. It has definitely out lived the normal life expectancy of most games.

However, I feel that for the past few years that so many events and new things have been added in the attempt to keep people interested but a lot of these additions and changes have caused a chaous, especially among the core players.

New players do not remember the way things were so they have nothing to compare things to but the people that have been here for years and years sometimes find all the new changes annoying and pointless as this thread addresses.

I personally will be one of if not the last person in this game. I will be on ex Beach yelling " Is anyone there?"
    I personally have and I know others have so much time and money invested in AL that I dont even want to think about starting over as a new player in another game. I hope that AL lasts a lifetime.

I just think that the creators need to take a deep breath and just relax a little more. Go back to what originally made the game so interesting. Have events but have them a little further in between. Make new items, gear and vanities but make them one way and leave them be.

So many complaints about nerfing and proc problems among other common issues have swamped this forum and in my opinion its mostly because in an attempt to make things better and even things out among the classes and levels that many people feel their time and money have been wasted on things they have worked for and purchased that it has caused an enormous amount of problems.

STS holds the right to change anything they want at anytime but if there is constant non stop complaints about the changes then there may be reason enough to examine more closely the changes that are being made.

I know that the people at STS work tirelessly to make good content for all of us. However, if the majority of the players are saying that they miss and want things the way they use to be then it might be a good idea to return to the old ways of doing things. Its what made the game such a success in the first place so maybe consider it as an option.

There is no way to make everyone happy all of the time, thats just life but nerfing and eliminating popular things in the game is just causing such an angry vibe within the community.

Other games I have played would introduce new weapons and equipment but the current weapons and gear would stay the same and when the new gear would come out it would be stronger and better. That was a given and noone was angry about it. They knew what would happen so they didnt feel their time and money was wasted. They knew if they wanted to be stronger and better equipped that they would need to obtain the new gear.

In AL there has become a common fear of purchasing anything due to the fact that its more than likely that changes will be implemented and cause their new gear to become weak and or useless in their eyes. It may not be true but its the way they feel.

As I have said in another post I personally dont worry or concern myself much about the nerfing, procs and things like others do. I just look at it as another challenge to overcome and find another way to get the job done but it seems the majority of players do care.

All I have said is exactly what Ive said in that it is just my opinion. Im not a game creator so my opinion may be worthless but Im giving it with all due respect. All is just based on my observations and interactions within the game and community over the years.

How can they make new and cutting edge content and still keep the old ways alive? Im not sure but Im confident that STS can come up with a way.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    This is just my opinion but...

I kind of feel there is a belief within STS that the game could come to an abrupt end after all this time and hard work. It could happen just as it does with many games and businesses of all sorts but the game is very well made and that is verified by keeping the attention of players for over 9 years.

Since 2012 the creators have actively introduces content that has been interesting enough for people to play this long. The game has become a cult favorite and STS's favorite child. It has definitely out lived the normal life expectancy of most games.

However, I feel that for the past few years that so many events and new things have been added in the attempt to keep people interested but a lot of these additions and changes have caused a chaous, especially among the core players.

New players do not remember the way things were so they have nothing to compare things to but the people that have been here for years and years sometimes find all the new changes annoying and pointless as this thread addresses.

I personally will be one of if not the last person in this game. I will be on ex Beach yelling " Is anyone there?"
    I personally have and I know others have so much time and money invested in AL that I dont even want to think about starting over as a new player in another game. I hope that AL lasts a lifetime.

I just think that the creators need to take a deep breath and just relax a little more. Go back to what originally made the game so interesting. Have events but have them a little further in between. Make new items, gear and vanities but make them one way and leave them be.

So many complaints about nerfing and proc problems among other common issues have swamped this forum and in my opinion its mostly because in an attempt to make things better and even things out among the classes and levels that many people feel their time and money have been wasted on things they have worked for and purchased that it has caused an enormous amount of problems.

STS holds the right to change anything they want at anytime but if there is constant non stop complaints about the changes then there may be reason enough to examine more closely the changes that are being made.

I know that the people at STS work tirelessly to make good content for all of us. However, if the majority of the players are saying that they miss and want things the way they use to be then it might be a good idea to return to the old ways of doing things. Its what made the game such a success in the first place so maybe consider it as an option.

There is no way to make everyone happy all of the time, thats just life but nerfing and eliminating popular things in the game is just causing such an angry vibe within the community.

Other games I have played would introduce new weapons and equipment but the current weapons and gear would stay the same and when the new gear would come out it would be stronger and better. That was a given and noone was angry about it. They knew what would happen so they didnt feel their time and money was wasted. They knew if they wanted to be stronger and better equipped that they would need to obtain the new gear.

In AL there has become a common fear of purchasing anything due to the fact that its more than likely that changes will be implemented and cause their new gear to become weak and or useless in their eyes. It may not be true but its the way they feel.

As I have said in another post I personally dont worry or concern myself much about the nerfing, procs and things like others do. I just look at it as another challenge to overcome and find another way to get the job done but it seems the majority of players do care.

All I have said is exactly what Ive said in that it is just my opinion. Im not a game creator so my opinion may be worthless but Im giving it with all due respect. All is just based on my observations and interactions within the game and community over the years.

How can they make new and cutting edge content and still keep the old ways alive? Im not sure but Im confident that STS can come up with a way.
    I enjoyed reading this a lot. Thank you for your great take on things.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

#bringbackevg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

what we hate is that they force people to buy new things by nerfing the old items/contents .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

23. The Following User Says Thank You to kulldeepboro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Nerf dm buff varden to compensate at least

Op has a point, why play endgame if you can do dm fast?

Add to that the fact that constant events provide more incentive than end game maps equals less players in new maps
    Pfff they should've nerfered gold drops in DM instead of Evg.

And increase gold drops in the new maps.

New maps should provide the highest gold payouts over time. All these rng loot is just unappetizing and unfair for many, especially to all these gold farmers.

Besides that this expansion has other problems such as these 1-boss cyclical maps which isn't so dynamic as to the Deepmarsh, Mausoleum expansions. Evg atleast had mobs and spiders for variation.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-22-2021 at 01:01 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

New maps should provide the highest gold payouts over time. All these rng loot is just unappetizing and unfair for many, especially to all these gold farmers.

Besides that this expansion has other problems such as these 1-boss cyclical maps which isn't so dynamic as to the Deepmarsh, Mausoleum expansions. Evg atleast had mobs and spiders for variation.

+1

Yned

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

Me as a Sunday farmer is telling you that I prefer going into new maps than deep marsh. Just boring there no challenge. And when the elite aps are going to be available the new maps are going to be full with very strong and goodnesses people getting all those 1k bosses.
    Till then have a great time off the game and focus on real life.

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuds View Post
    They need to nerf dm

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    dm is basically nerfed couple of times already. leave dm as it is, average geared ppl and newcomers benefit well at that map. better thing to do is improve those new maps in gold drops so it can be more appealing to ppl. aswell as ppl who are not geared enough with atleast those new mythic weapons are basically non-factor in the new maps, plus they should just make every map desirable to play and not choose this map or that map where ppl can farm.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raviy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

+1 to nerf dm, keep evg nerfed and slightly buff loot in expansion maps. I am fine with various mini events since they basically just contain vanities and I skip many.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raviy View Post
    dm is basically nerfed couple of times already. leave dm as it is, average geared ppl and newcomers benefit well at that map. better thing to do is improve those new maps in gold drops so it can be more appealing to ppl. aswell as ppl who are not geared enough with atleast those new mythic weapons are basically non-factor in the new maps, plus they should just make every map desirable to play and not choose this map or that map where ppl can farm.
    +11111111

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk