Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
This is just my opinion but...

I kind of feel there is a belief within STS that the game could come to an abrupt end after all this time and hard work. It could happen just as it does with many games and businesses of all sorts but the game is very well made and that is verified by keeping the attention of players for over 9 years.

Since 2012 the creators have actively introduces content that has been interesting enough for people to play this long. The game has become a cult favorite and STS's favorite child. It has definitely out lived the normal life expectancy of most games.

However, I feel that for the past few years that so many events and new things have been added in the attempt to keep people interested but a lot of these additions and changes have caused a chaous, especially among the core players.

New players do not remember the way things were so they have nothing to compare things to but the people that have been here for years and years sometimes find all the new changes annoying and pointless as this thread addresses.

I personally will be one of if not the last person in this game. I will be on ex Beach yelling " Is anyone there?"
I personally have and I know others have so much time and money invested in AL that I dont even want to think about starting over as a new player in another game. I hope that AL lasts a lifetime.

I just think that the creators need to take a deep breath and just relax a little more. Go back to what originally made the game so interesting. Have events but have them a little further in between. Make new items, gear and vanities but make them one way and leave them be.

So many complaints about nerfing and proc problems among other common issues have swamped this forum and in my opinion its mostly because in an attempt to make things better and even things out among the classes and levels that many people feel their time and money have been wasted on things they have worked for and purchased that it has caused an enormous amount of problems.

STS holds the right to change anything they want at anytime but if there is constant non stop complaints about the changes then there may be reason enough to examine more closely the changes that are being made.

I know that the people at STS work tirelessly to make good content for all of us. However, if the majority of the players are saying that they miss and want things the way they use to be then it might be a good idea to return to the old ways of doing things. Its what made the game such a success in the first place so maybe consider it as an option.

There is no way to make everyone happy all of the time, thats just life but nerfing and eliminating popular things in the game is just causing such an angry vibe within the community.

Other games I have played would introduce new weapons and equipment but the current weapons and gear would stay the same and when the new gear would come out it would be stronger and better. That was a given and noone was angry about it. They knew what would happen so they didnt feel their time and money was wasted. They knew if they wanted to be stronger and better equipped that they would need to obtain the new gear.

In AL there has become a common fear of purchasing anything due to the fact that its more than likely that changes will be implemented and cause their new gear to become weak and or useless in their eyes. It may not be true but its the way they feel.

As I have said in another post I personally dont worry or concern myself much about the nerfing, procs and things like others do. I just look at it as another challenge to overcome and find another way to get the job done but it seems the majority of players do care.

All I have said is exactly what Ive said in that it is just my opinion. Im not a game creator so my opinion may be worthless but Im giving it with all due respect. All is just based on my observations and interactions within the game and community over the years.

How can they make new and cutting edge content and still keep the old ways alive? Im not sure but Im confident that STS can come up with a way.
I enjoyed reading this a lot. Thank you for your great take on things.