Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarification on this game- Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Levistonyy View Post
    #bringbackevg
    As fas as I’m concerned, STS can remove dm, evg, vardin maps entirely. I don’t play there. Never did.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

They just need to make it more like the somberholt expansion, it started off with people farming Graveyard non stop ( because mausoleum wasn't open yet) to loot legendaries WITH GOOD PROCS that made them have value, while also gaining points and Tokens that actually had worthwhile stuff to buy like gold chests/coffers and/or proof of balance to gain access to later maps with even better loot/more tokens and progress further. They did it perfect with that expansion in regards to how they released stuff and let the expansion progress over time while still having stuff worth farming throughout.

Right now in the Zodias maps the legendaries have already lost most of their value because they allowed them to drop from easy event bosses and in event lockeds, THE BEST WAY TO GAIN TOKENS AND POINTS IS BY LEVELING UP A BUNCH OF CHARACTERS TO DO BORING DAILY QUESTS. The portal bosses have good loot sure (well one of them at least) but what are you supposed to do while it's closed? Main issues I have with these maps is there is no points for killing mobs and no tokens for killing bosses, along with nothing really worthwhile for tokens, granted I have not unlocked most of the later stuff because to get points/tokens is just not worth it right now.I hope elites are worthwhile when they release.

I also wish they went away from these "raid" style 1 boss maps that once you learn them it's really only about who does the most damage. and go back to maps where you need to kill mobs to get the boss up like it used to be.

For elites I hope they make the 4 normal maps the main farming spot with the best loot and just make the portal bosses a side part of the expansion with less loot. Also make it so you don't just run to each mini boss and skip all the mobs.

Events happening way more isn't the worst thing for new players but the endgame content should still be the best way to make gold so that people have a reason to get better gear to run those maps.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nicely said Wolf.I agree mausoleum was the best expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Great thread and read!

Have to disagree with people calling to nerf some of the older maps more... simply because as it was pointed it they actually do benefit the newer players that aren't pretty maxed out have somewhere to be able to farm whilst building themselves up as would be too difficult in the newer maps unless you're already well prepared with gears n pets, etc.

Have to agree with points made tho that as nice as the expansion is especially the visual IMO, it does seem to lack a bit of hmm "ohlaalaa" shall we call it?

Mausoleum expansion was great for that, and with the farming of points and tokens to unlock new maps later on heck im sure people would be happier if there were also new levels added to Mausoleum!

Maybe perhaps if the expansion had that lil bit more heck what about if there was a new cap mythic armor set that comes out that would need to be farmed and crafted similar to the Shuyal expansion?

Heck would even make for a more interesting AP to get as well besides the usual more tedious farming 10k mobs or 1k bosses aps.

Either way hopefully peoples blend of ideas doesn't go unnoticed and once the elite versions of the new maps drop a system can also be implemented with some of the suggestions taken into consideration whilst releasing it so its a less dissatisfied community ^.^

Now, this is just to take another approach to all of this as well...

Could also find ways to do things with friends in the guild that is also fun and pass the time, don't always have to wait to be spoonfed by STS so to speak with things to do. The game is also a form of platform and we are mostly all content creators as well

I say that because if people weren't running leaderboards or listing things for sale in AH or posting on forums then there wouldn't really be any content besides just the platform STS has developed.

Examples of this can be seen in the past like the original Tour of Arlor contest was something created by players as there wasn't much else to do for end game besides the events that were popping up now and then...

At the moment our guild as well has its own 5-week long event which has been running now for the last couple of weeks which is going great and getting people to have something fun to do and look forward to at end game besides just the usual farm aps/merch/recs etc

So that in mind if others for example everyone was doing something similar probably have a lot less dissatisfied people wanting to air that frustration out.

As valid as that point above might also be that still does not detract away from the fact that tho we might be the content creators... the platform still needs to keep up and that is on STS.

Implementing some of the very logical and credible ideas presented by so many credible members of the community is how it will help keep the platform up with current times thus allowing for more content to be made by the community and creating that equilibrium that would keep us with smiles and satisfaction ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

They’re best bet is to make AL 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Milking the cow is their strat to monetise atm.

After all the goal of them is to make money rather than create a mmorpg with its vital components.
    All content locked behind paywall. New arcane , mythic items with proc needed with low Rng such that even plat whales have a hard time looting. All this with no emphasis to play /grind / craft a new set that gives close stats or procs.
    It's just buy and open crates for loot and let's say core gameplay even.
    With killing of proc stack and other dynamic features just emphasized on one weapon button spam /wait for proc gameplay.

This has been evident in their last few years efforts.
    As the op said, if you want a game that is core mmorpg and strong items not locked behind the sole decisions of p2w whales, then, go for games that give more emphasis to the content than games that focus down on how to make money. This wasn't the case before with AL but it is now...

People who still play this game are plat whales and nostalgic users with overpriced LB VANITY equipment with chunk load of pre currency over years of playing so they got monies to spend till it exhausts for a while.
    Not worth the time for new players or non plat spenders at that one bit.(with trends right now)

The two types of players can keep going until the whales stop to spend money when the developers must look for new strats but right now, it's for those players at most.
    A glorious game this once was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    I’m more so saying that I think it is lame you have to have plat to bring weapons into the game. I know you can gold farm and buy them from plat spenders, but I think they should also drop from the in game content itself but at very low drop rate. This would encourage people to regularly farm.
    They should make the free weapons in limited quantity, and allow players to sell their mythic to the game for an average amount of gold depending on the history in auction (its done like that in Albion)

Once an item is sold to the game, it can then be added to the boss loot table again...

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk