Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: Guide: Solo Farming the Sci-fi Vanity Items in Redsun Pirates

  1. #21
    Senior Member dugantale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,444
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

    Default

    I get him down to tiny sliver... Cant kill him lvl 40 engie love the guide tho

    Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

  2. #22
    Banned Urqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sinaloa
    Posts
    1,058
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    850
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    298
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

    Default

    For engineers have a Condor Eye Damage Implant and Aan's Embrace
    Before the boss Revive for a bit more dps.
    For the combo use: Decay-Wither-Leech-Transference-Pain

    The trick is to start attacking AFTER he shoots you ONCE
    Works for me
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Urqui; 06-23-2012 at 06:24 AM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Urqui For This Useful Post:

    Ark

  4. #23
    Senior Member Ark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    994
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcurse View Post
    this sometimes kill him in one shot, and i say sometimes if u time correctly. here is the comb from my pve eng:
    pain(6), leech(6), transference(6), sonic boom(6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    For engineers have a Condor Eye Damage Implant and Aan's Embrace
    Before the boss Revive for a bit more dps.
    For the combo use: Decay-Wither-Leech-Transference-Pain

    The trick is to start attacking AFTER he shoots you ONCE
    Works for me
    Alright, thanks you two, I'll try that an see where I go (:

    SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

  5. #24
    Senior Member Ark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    994
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie View Post
    I found a combo that works for level 40 engineer, pretty consistently, but you have to be fast (and make sure all your skills go off).

    Auto attack -> Leech -> Wither -> Decay -> Pain

    Your auto attack kills him before he can run away. I'm nearly full INT and have leech, wither, and decay all maxed and pain at lv 1 and it works for me, might not work for someone with another build but it's possible. I just mapped those four skills in that order and it works almost every time now unless I mess up.

    edit: Actually I take the "you have to be fast" part back. Do each step but don't just fire them off rapidly.. the timing is actually more important than I thought. But it does work, I promise!
    I tired your combo and I wasn't able to kill him :/ he keeps running away.

    SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Magnum Guild Hall
    Posts
    2,915
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    471
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    423
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

    Default

    cool,
    Tried it ...
    i stay behind the lind
    went for pre>amp>lurk>lash>wr . works fine




    thanks for the guide

  7. #26
    Member Libertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    128
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    I tired your combo and I wasn't able to kill him :/ he keeps running away.
    I realized I might have been having such luck because I was playing on a computer using keyboard shortcuts. I was also able to pre-select him before entering the room, and that way I could run right up to him without it trying tonforce me to select something else. I don't know if that mattered, but it might have contributed to my success rate although that's doubtful. Like I said, it worked almost every time for me as long as I got the timing right.

    But I'll try some of these others out, I want to see if they work better for me. I also have condor eye implant but I was using a gun/shield combo. I'm not really interested in farming vanity items, I just liked your idea and thought I'd give it a try.

  8. #27
    Senior Member Ark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    994
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    If you do the other Engineer skill combos, it actually works much better. (:

    I really have to thank them for giving me the combos, I was having so much trouble looking for one..

    SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

  9. #28
    Junior Member awesome4132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    outerspace
    Posts
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I have another combo for coms. growing rage [6] and reservoir[5] (before going into battle), auto attack, graviton slam[6] and force hammer[5] then back breaker[6]. its all about the right timing to use each of the skills

  10. #29
    Junior Member awesome4132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    outerspace
    Posts
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie View Post
    I found a combo that works for level 40 engineer, pretty consistently, but you have to be fast (and make sure all your skills go off).

    Auto attack -> Leech -> Wither -> Decay -> Pain

    Your auto attack kills him before he can run away. I'm nearly full INT and have leech, wither, and decay all maxed and pain at lv 1 and it works for me, might not work for someone with another build but it's possible. I just mapped those four skills in that order and it works almost every time now unless I mess up.

    edit: Actually I take the "you have to be fast" part back. Do each step but don't just fire them off rapidly.. the timing is actually more important than I thought. But it does work, I promise!
    does it work for a lvl 19 engi with all those skills?

  11. #30
    Senior Member Ark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    994
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awesome4132 View Post
    does it work for a lvl 19 engi with all those skills?
    It does not because your skills needs the certain amount of skill points.

    SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

  12. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Time for a fail safe way for engis to beat no?

    I'm a level 41 now but that doesnt play any significant role. Its ok if you are level 40.
    I will not share my build because of obvious reasons. But I will share that not all my skills are at level 6, so if you do have all of the attack skills I use at level 6, you are guaranteed to be set.

    Watch the video and see. I am using a common Accelerated Matrix Coil as my Wep and Dodge gear - although gear doesn't play too much of a role.



    As for the device, I am using a computer, but its still feasible on a handheld device. As you can see I didn't even need the 5th skill to kill the boss so pushing 4 buttons without switching should be an easy enough task.
    ~TheRajX | Need a sig? A good one? A creative one? Click here.

  13. #32
    Senior Member Jblazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,923
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    128
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    465
    Thanked in
    320 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRajX View Post
    Time for a fail safe way for engis to beat no?

    I'm a level 41 now but that doesnt play any significant role. Its ok if you are level 40.
    I will not share my build because of obvious reasons. But I will share that not all my skills are at level 6, so if you do have all of the attack skills I use at level 6, you are guaranteed to be set.

    Watch the video and see. I am using a common Accelerated Matrix Coil as my Wep and Dodge gear - although gear doesn't play too much of a role.



    As for the device, I am using a computer, but its still feasible on a handheld device. As you can see I didn't even need the 5th skill to kill the boss so pushing 4 buttons without switching should be an easy enough task.
    Nice!

  14. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Now I just use a napalm carbine...
    ~TheRajX | Need a sig? A good one? A creative one? Click here.

  15. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    168
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    I tried killing him but no luck...

    Sent from my Galaxy Note.
    sl- donzai
    pl- pamnik
    dl- donzai,al- pamnik
    guess 45

  16. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Does he still drop vanities?

  17. #36
    Senior Member Esoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ucs Blackstar
    Posts
    521
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    101
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boey View Post
    Does he still drop vanities?
    Yes! they still drop on Savant boss
    Last edited by Esoul; 08-21-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: sorry


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Esoul For This Useful Post:


  19. #37
    Member Blayze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    64
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    85
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRajX View Post
    Now I just use a napalm carbine...
    Good idea! I never thought about that ;o

    Quote Originally Posted by Boey View Post
    Does he still drop vanities?
    He still drops vanitys, he is still considered a "boss" and those sci-fi items still drop from "all bosses"

    I even saw a level 4 in the ucs savant, containments bay run I was in and at the boss, it dropped a classic gold shirt for him, so it's still hanging out and any level can get it (;

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blayze For This Useful Post:


  21. #38
    Banned masterinfinit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    I got a gold shirt in Voleria inner core today. I opened doors but no boxes. I did quite a few runs and in the end, I succeeded!!!

  22. #39
    Senior Member Ark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    994
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Well of course you can like open secret doors and boxes, it doesn't effect your drops what-so-ever. Only way that can effect your drop is using the luck enhancer but the luck enhancer doesn't work on vanity drops.

    SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

  23. #40
    Blogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Some were in Space!!!!
    Posts
    273
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    94
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    Default

    nice guild

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Guide To Farming
    By Anishavie in forum SL Player Guides
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-27-2015, 11:28 PM
  2. Farming Guide
    By Zmist in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM
  3. Guide: Farming
    By Late in forum DL General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 09:29 AM
  4. A Guide to Twink Farming[Solo]
    By Whirlzap in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 02:10 AM
  5. Best place for solo farming?
    By Tilk in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 10:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •