Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A letter to Spacetime Studios and the Community (Truthful criticism)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation A letter to Spacetime Studios and the Community (Truthful criticism)

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...nk-you-Legends!

Just logged in after months of inactivity to say, if you are truly thankful for us then show it.

I want you guys to legitimately display your gratitude for us by providing us with content that can be satiable gameplay wise.

I and many whom enjoy playing the game for the challenging aspects of it and loot want to experience an Arcane Legends esque adventure that isn't heavily dependent on such uniformities such as Awakenings, Gold drop amounts, Vanities, and overly easy maps that breed a new generation of players who are unable to calculate strategies plus the Copy pasted events that ruin loot tables.

I and many others want to kill, loot and feel the usefulness of our efforts. Show that you are actually grateful for us and listening to us as a community. Demonstrate it, provide the evidence.

This post isn't meant to shrug off all your efforts or intentions, it's to just say how i feel of the current Arcane Legends. The Lv81 expansion has huge potential but unfortunately the loot is now irrelevant due to events making all loot common.

Further more, the new player experience hasn't improved at all. I've been patiently observing your initiatives but i am yet to see an impactful implementation.

Conclusion, we have so many vanities and (It pains me to say this because how overused and cheesy the word has become) "Auras", not much loot for veterans and new players are struggling. You guys are still relying on the trade permit thing, it's killing the game quicker then botting.

I rather have bots run around and new players being able to trade at this point so the game can flourish. It's old yes, but have you seen other games such as Rune Scape? Incredibly old games but with huge populations that are active consistently. You know why? Because they do it the right way, they stick to their roots.

To all the veterans reading this, the community has changed. Many people just want vanities, "Auras" and gold drops instead of loot they also want things to be brain dead easy, like it's really embarrassing. Events like Egg-zavier are closely affiliated with the games main attraction; Pets. That needs to be changed somehow.

And to Spacetime Studios, you guys should now come up with your own ideas. The community has become too risky to rely on anymore. It's usually just people begging for Vanities and..."Auras" To be added into the game. All of these are purely cosmetic and only entertain your average joe for like a couple days until they move on to the next new/old vanity. It's quite sad to say the least.

The options so far: Either a revamped Arcane Legends, Arcane Legends 2 or Pocket Legends 2 will help your studio to maximize it's objectives. I think Pocket Legends 2 is your best bet. Arcane Legends can be changed but be prepared for the backlash.

Good luck Spacetime Studios, and take care. If my post gets removed it doesn't matter to me anymore. I've completely stopped playing and i don't have that unique urge to go on an adventure in Arcane Legends anymore. It has all dissipated once the expansion launched.

I've been eyeing other entities to fulfill my needs, i'm quite pleased to say the least. However, Arcane Legends still holds a place in my heart. But i don't think it'll stick around anymore. I'm worn out from all the repetitive content and mistreatment. (Can't forget the 90-100$ auras lol)

This is all i've got to say, all comments are welcome. I've taken the liberty to expose my softness to express feedback. So can you perhaps.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I agree that there are too many vanities and wisps. On removing legendary 81 gear from events and locks and to buff expansion loot. However, I feel like the expansion considering its content has been a success. Portals are mediocre challenging aswell (at least for me). Balancing is an issue but they are aware of that. I prefer to have an annual rotation of main events - I dont need new events all the time. I disagree that botters wont do much harm. Imo, overall the expansion is the best since somberhold lvl61 cap but can't compete with earlier caps.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The game just isn't new player friendly anymore. The developers have focused more on endgame because that's where most of the money is, and we have to understand that this is the limitations of a small company like STS. They can't afford to do anything extravagant and new because at a business standpoint it just wouldn't make sense for them. The only thing sustainable for them is what they are doing for years, and that is focusing content on the pioneers and veterans of the game.

What the game truly needs to strive and be new player friendly is to have fundamentals set. We had this once, it was the farmable locked crates but it was removed. They need to make something similar, something that hard workers can do and that rich people don't want to do.

Take a look at other MMOs, they have treecutting, mining, crafting, and such which makes it very new user friendly. It takes hard work to catch up to people, but at least they have a chance. Unlike in AL, when every single thing that you need to actually gain gold is already expensive and the gold that you're gaining is not enough to keep up with inflation. Then you have no chance to actually have fun and keep up. Along with a merching focused market filled with scammers, manipulators, and douches; then it's a recipe for a dead game.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spctmstds; 11-29-2021 at 08:39 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spctmstds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

For me gold loot is biggest threat in this game. Killing loot, because by farming gold you can buy it faster than just trying to loot it, making 90% of maps "boring", because there are choosen maps. I am gold farmer myself with good % of gold loot. For me it is crazy to get 100k gold from less than 1 minute in Rahabkor's lair, then you have chance to loot shredder aura, another 100M+. Or run deep marsh, and get 250k each 3 minutes. Tell me, how can new player, or undergeared player keep up with me or other gold loot users? In time i purchased gold loot set it was affordable, i needed to work hard, but i could get it. Prices of items have changed so much, price manipulation has become new hobby for some, we can see it in traders market. 100M for single mythic weapon on release? I have both mythic weapons, i just don't believe someone new, who does not buy platinum for some reason or farm lots of gold, because is missing set can ever reach 100M. I could talk about this for hours... I offered my idea, a solution if you like to STS, i don't even know if they opened my mail. I believe, that with reducing amount of gold in game from drops and from player's inventory can remove gap between new and old, poor and rich and bring life to all maps, bring value to gold from quests, to loot itself, to tokens, to everything. If you want sneak peek of my idea, run elite underhul map, first without gold loot, then with it and compare income. I don't know if they read my suggestion, i hope they did. Maybe it was stupid one, i at least tried, and i believe they should look into gold loot, keep it important, but not as much...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thread will be deleted in few mins
    xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

i feel like if we loot unlocked crates from boss containing the new items(arcane,mythic,vanities) and updated once every new items come then i think it will change whole game .

people will no more be farming gold and later realising its no use since every month prices goes up 3x

i know some people will say how sts will make money ,well sts can increase the loot chance in locked crates and removing legendary gear items from locked and transferring the legends into the unlocked crates and keeping the same loot drops as it is right now .

elite awakes and limited eggs/aura will still make people buy the plats and since locked crates will no longer containing legendary or rare rarity items ,people gonna actually open them with a happy face and will no longer feel sts robbing them .

Am open for any criticism

kulldeep

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracraft View Post
    Thread will be deleted in few mins
    let them delete .every deleted post = one less player from game .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

For none gold loot you can do:
    Jewel farming
    Puzzle Box crate farming
    Mau map farming which is my favorite of all

I only agree with some of the point such as adding more unlocked crate farming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dualray For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They care only for money, bad feedback will be considered as non-constructive and get deleted/closed
    Last edited by Player AL; 11-27-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

It’s both parties fault the game sucks

. It’s The players fault for throwing $100s-$1000s at STS so they can cook up some of that “Thank you for your money here’s that garbage we’ve been making for months, enjoy”. Just to keep those morons who pay to get slapped in the face happy?!, I mean you got money to burn id gladly take some.

Then it’s STS fault since they don’t have any passion for the game anymore it’s more of a chore for them now, like cleaning the players diaper because they keep crying on forum then to shut them up they give them a stupid aura(Pacifier) and they’re happy.

They’re not trying as hard because people like you(not op but others) would spend 1750 platinum on a seaweed aura… and that’s the problem.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Take another few month break pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

How about creating arcane weapons that are “normal” and can be obtained from locked chests with plats and “elite” that only can be obtained by looting in maps and are non-tradable and non-stashable?
    Make “elite” gear significantly stronger but harder to loot. That way those who want to feel like it’s worth it to run maps can spend days trying to loot it. Plat players can just buy the “normal” version and sell it to gold loot players. The ones using “normal” gears should get a higher chance in looting the “elite” version. So that it’s still worth it to buy plats. Maybe even make “elite” gears non awakeable but come with different locked awakes? At least 8% dex, int, OR str. So it’s worth it to farm for those but also still worth it to get “normal” gears because there’s a chance of getting higher %

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Good feedback.

Disagree with your position on “better to have bots than trade permit,” and firmly believe the “your only options” assertions you make are flat wrong - but otherwise a very constructive read.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

My friends want to play the game but to enjoy the game they have to work hard before they can even enjoy playing the game. All of my friends have found the game boring because most of the fun is on the cap level.

And if they want to level up - they just have to grind daily quests and that really bores them so they prefer not to play it.

Only veterans will grind because they know how things are...
    Thank you Spacetimestudios for being a part of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

They can just add new spirit (actually worth leveling) gear for fathoms, that's it.. boom everyone back to the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This is so true....

Also, Although I still think that the game is still unfriendly to new players, I do notice the little changes such as...more gold drop from chests (not locked crates), Heroic egg/ Aura drops for the new map (Was highly requested), and the addition of legend 3/3 6/6 sets (Which I think is for new players to catch up on stats) .

Come on I mean like Arcane Legend is getting better...slowly but surely...the Devs are trying their best not to break the game (especially the in-game currency system because damn free ig trade is a mess.

Personally, I'd like for the new Elite 81 maps to be a bit harder than the current 81 Portal maps...not based on stats but rather Mechanics...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alome View Post
    This is so true....

Also, Although I still think that the game is still unfriendly to new players, I do notice the little changes such as...more gold drop from chests (not locked crates), Heroic egg/ Aura drops for the new map (Was highly requested), and the addition of legend 3/3 6/6 sets (Which I think is for new players to catch up on stats) .

Come on I mean like Arcane Legend is getting better...slowly but surely...the Devs are trying their best not to break the game (especially the in-game currency system because damn free ig trade is a mess.

Personally, I'd like for the new Elite 81 maps to be a bit harder than the current 81 Portal maps...not based on stats but rather Mechanics...
    I agree on legendary gear that gives stats to new players.
    But they do and will break their game if it's going to grant them money from future purchases... As they broke proc stacks for paving way for new mythics that will grant them revenue for obtaining best gear for the moment.

Once they have a new idea which is behind a paywall, these current items /mythic weapons (if interfering with new gear) will either be nerfed, kills proc (giving a reason that it was broken) so that people will buy new equipment.

This is the worst result for players who have supported by opening locks for those weapons.

Equivalent to a scam where suddenly someone loses all their worth (happened severely to warriors) and does not get any compensation whatsover.
    This feature of losing all the worth of a continuos playing toon, happens only in this game...theres only speculation that something wrong is happening in their implementation. Yet they don't address this at all... Go figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alome View Post
    This is so true....

The only mechanic they can think of is a red zone, a second to move, or instant death, totally ignoring your stats, pets, skilles, etc.
    Instakills are garbage, what sense does it make to improve if they kill you with 1 hit.
    Then you cannot go back to battle.
    Your solution: buy 1 weapon that will banished the boss in 1 sec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    The only mechanic they can think of is a red zone, a second to move, or instant death, totally ignoring your stats, pets, skilles, etc.
    Instakills are garbage, what sense does it make to improve if they kill you with 1 hit.
    Then you cannot go back to battle.
    Your solution: buy 1 weapon that will banished the boss in 1 sec.
    Come on bro...it's not like War heal/Mage shield/ War Immortality Ult doesn't exist.
    Also you can literally count the time it take s for a red zone to appear and expect it.
    Took me like a few runs to get used to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

I'm usually fighting the corner for new players but I really don't think they get a bad deal compared to what it was like when I and many more of us were new depending how you look at it.

If they are genuinely new players and not alts, they have the whole game and maps they have never seen to look forward to.

How many years did it take us to journey through Arlor without ankhs and advancement kits? Remember how difficult killing the bosses were..the events too.
    We still managed to craft our planar pendants in our level 40s and the mythic gears in level 30s.
    They level up way too fast at the beginning and that's the problem. It should be the other way round.

We all long for the "old" days because there was more to do, crafting and farming. New players have missed all that and that's a shame because those days and maps were the best.

If I had the chance to play Arcane Legends as a new player exactly as it was in the beginning I would do it and I don't mean as a hardcore player.
    The guilds could help with advice. Farming is a problem for them but awakening essences are craftable and plentiful and higher levels could donate eggs.

It's all so rushed through now, nobody takes time to enjoy. Even in the new maps, people just rush it as if they need to and when their character dies a few times and there's not enough gold for them, they don't even try.
    Many players are scared of being vilified if they "die" or get that word "nab" thrown at them too.

There is no teamwork in any level anymore. People give up too easily and are too impatient.

As for permits, they are easy enough to get, just three days of doing a story quest. The problem with that is not every new player knows how to acquire it. Maybe a better tutorial would be useful as the typical new players rarely use the forum.

My only criticism is the new mythic weapons. I really don't understand why the proc is complicated. Past expansion weapons haven't been made this way so why now?
    Last edited by Susanne; 11-28-2021 at 05:42 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

ree