Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A letter to Spacetime Studios and the Community (Truthful criticism)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

I'm usually fighting the corner for new players but I really don't think they get a bad deal compared to what it was like when I and many more of us were new depending how you look at it.

If they are genuinely new players and not alts, they have the whole game and maps they have never seen to look forward to.

How many years did it take us to journey through Arlor without ankhs and advancement kits? Remember how difficult killing the bosses were..the events too.
    We still managed to craft our planar pendants in our level 40s and the mythic gears in level 30s.
    They level up way too fast at the beginning and that's the problem. It should be the other way round.

We all long for the "old" days because there was more to do, crafting and farming. New players have missed all that and that's a shame because those days and maps were the best.

If I had the chance to play Arcane Legends as a new player exactly as it was in the beginning I would do it and I don't mean as a hardcore player.
    The guilds could help with advice. Farming is a problem for them but awakening essences are craftable and plentiful and higher levels could donate eggs.

It's all so rushed through now, nobody takes time to enjoy. Even in the new maps, people just rush it as if they need to and when their character dies a few times and there's not enough gold for them, they don't even try.
    Many players are scared of being vilified if they "die" or get that word "nab" thrown at them too.

There is no teamwork in any level anymore. People give up too easily and are too impatient.

As for permits, they are easy enough to get, just three days of doing a story quest. The problem with that is not every new player knows how to acquire it. Maybe a better tutorial would be useful as the typical new players rarely use the forum.

My only criticism is the new mythic weapons. I really don't understand why the proc is complicated. Past expansion weapons haven't been made this way so why now?
    Last edited by Susanne; 11-28-2021 at 05:42 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

ree