Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A letter to Spacetime Studios and the Community (Truthful criticism)

  1. #21
    Senior Member Azerothraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,193
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    365
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    645
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Good feedback.

    Disagree with your position on “better to have bots than trade permit,” and firmly believe the “your only options” assertions you make are flat wrong - but otherwise a very constructive read.

    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arcane Legend 2 BRING IT ON!!!

    Make it Free to Play, Play to Earn Crypto game. The metaverse is inevitable and there is so much opportunity now; investors drying to invest in anything crypto. I want sts to have those glorious moments like back in the day.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,113
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    85
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I'm usually fighting the corner for new players but I really don't think they get a bad deal compared to what it was like when I and many more of us were new depending how you look at it.

    If they are genuinely new players and not alts, they have the whole game and maps they have never seen to look forward to.

    How many years did it take us to journey through Arlor without ankhs and advancement kits? Remember how difficult killing the bosses were..the events too.
    We still managed to craft our planar pendants in our level 40s and the mythic gears in level 30s.
    They level up way too fast at the beginning and that's the problem. It should be the other way round.

    We all long for the "old" days because there was more to do, crafting and farming. New players have missed all that and that's a shame because those days and maps were the best.

    If I had the chance to play Arcane Legends as a new player exactly as it was in the beginning I would do it and I don't mean as a hardcore player.
    The guilds could help with advice. Farming is a problem for them but awakening essences are craftable and plentiful and higher levels could donate eggs.

    It's all so rushed through now, nobody takes time to enjoy. Even in the new maps, people just rush it as if they need to and when their character dies a few times and there's not enough gold for them, they don't even try.
    Many players are scared of being vilified if they "die" or get that word "nab" thrown at them too.

    There is no teamwork in any level anymore. People give up too easily and are too impatient.

    As for permits, they are easy enough to get, just three days of doing a story quest. The problem with that is not every new player knows how to acquire it. Maybe a better tutorial would be useful as the typical new players rarely use the forum.

    My only criticism is the new mythic weapons. I really don't understand why the proc is complicated. Past expansion weapons haven't been made this way so why now?
    I don't agree on your take about new players.
    The catch to a new player when he jumps into a game is apart from the game features that they choose to enter)
    1.) Are there players like me running around actively trying to complete storyline.

    2.) The shiny stuff that maxed players are wearing... What do I have to do to obtain them.

    3.) Is there Endgame content.

    4.) Should I spend some money to gain some advantage and bling.

    This is what I look for. And these are the trends which you are aware too...

    1.)Most of the low level maps are empty.
    Even with the easy leveling up introduced by STS.

    2.) Once they realise the inflation and the amount of gold required to get somewhere, that's a hopeless thought which does not need explaining.

    3.)Endgame content is ONLY there. No content through leveling till endgame which is a grind to even veterans and imagine a newbie sticking through that... I don't see a possibility.

    4.) If the person still likes the feels of the game and plans strongly to invest into the game... The plat he buys will show how insignificant it amounts to... In the overall player base comparison.
    As I feel there's a big shift of players all into the multiple hundreds of millions which is too far fetched for even mediocre playing players of the game.

    Overall a new player would be lost.. As in any mmo but AL makes it too hard.
    Trade permits stops many ilicit practices but Is bad for new players for sure since trading is the reason I still play this game.. A game changing feature not present in most mmorpgs to this extent. Kudos to the team for that.

    Apart from the negative aspects, level scrunch is an improvement for new players.
    The gold drops are too insignificant at lower levels and there's only a handful of maps that too endgame which gives good gold.
    That too requires hefty investments for goldloot gear and a play gear, which at this point is no bang for buck because of the recent trend of loss in value of gears for warriors mainly.

    More so the strategy to invest into expensive vanities and showoff for a while and wait for the manipulators to do their job to highrail the item into more digits.
    No loss investment...and raises more faster than anyone can farm away endgame and inflate faster.

  3. #23
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,071
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    301
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    478
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

    Default

    I think that adding heroic and arcane eggs to the loot table for certain maps would increase popularity in farming, at least for some new players. Other than that loot based game happened in the past but not like there were no people spending money either.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,206
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    I think that adding heroic and arcane eggs to the loot table for certain maps would increase popularity in farming, at least for some new players. Other than that loot based game happened in the past but not like there were no people spending money either.
    Wth dude do you not know that's too much hard work for devs? OMZ

  5. #25
    Senior Member Susanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    124
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    722
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    I don't agree on your take about new players.
    The catch to a new player when he jumps into a game is apart from the game features that they choose to enter)
    1.) Are there players like me running around actively trying to complete storyline.

    2.) The shiny stuff that maxed players are wearing... What do I have to do to obtain them.

    3.) Is there Endgame content.

    4.) Should I spend some money to gain some advantage and bling.

    This is what I look for. And these are the trends which you are aware too...

    1.)Most of the low level maps are empty.
    Even with the easy leveling up introduced by STS.

    2.) Once they realise the inflation and the amount of gold required to get somewhere, that's a hopeless thought which does not need explaining.

    3.)Endgame content is ONLY there. No content through leveling till endgame which is a grind to even veterans and imagine a newbie sticking through that... I don't see a possibility.

    4.) If the person still likes the feels of the game and plans strongly to invest into the game... The plat he buys will show how insignificant it amounts to... In the overall player base comparison.
    As I feel there's a big shift of players all into the multiple hundreds of millions which is too far fetched for even mediocre playing players of the game.

    Overall a new player would be lost.. As in any mmo but AL makes it too hard.
    Trade permits stops many ilicit practices but Is bad for new players for sure since trading is the reason I still play this game.. A game changing feature not present in most mmorpgs to this extent. Kudos to the team for that.

    Apart from the negative aspects, level scrunch is an improvement for new players.
    The gold drops are too insignificant at lower levels and there's only a handful of maps that too endgame which gives good gold.
    That too requires hefty investments for goldloot gear and a play gear, which at this point is no bang for buck because of the recent trend of loss in value of gears for warriors mainly.

    More so the strategy to invest into expensive vanities and showoff for a while and wait for the manipulators to do their job to highrail the item into more digits.
    No loss investment...and raises more faster than anyone can farm away endgame and inflate faster.
    I appreciate what you are saying and your opinion.

    It's all about bling bling, auras and shiny stuff. I won't use auras, the only weakness, if I can call it that, is decorating my house but even then I don't go over the top.


    I know AL has changed, the maps that are empty show that. The forgotten ruins are aptly named now and all the tombs and the mines are rarely used.

    I don't understand why people want op pets and gear for low level maps. I don't think speed sets were a good idea and everyone knows my opinion on auras.

    Perhaps I'm living in the past when it comes down to it. Let's face it, there's no point in people crafting level 31 mythics to 36 because players can be level 50 in one day.

    So yes, on reflection maybe you are right in what you say but it still doesn't make it right as far as enjoying AL and the experience of the game.

    Thanks for your input.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=Mythocrisis;3715028]I agree on legendary gear that gives stats to new players.
    But they do and will break their game if it's going to grant them money from future purchases... As they broke proc stacks for paving way for new mythics that will grant them revenue for obtaining best gear for the moment.

    Once they have a new idea which is behind a paywall, these current items /mythic weapons (if interfering with new gear) will either be nerfed, kills proc (giving a reason that it was broken) so that people will buy new equipment.

    This is the worst result for players who have supported by opening locks for those weapons.

    Equivalent to a scam where suddenly someone loses all their worth (happened severely to warriors) and does not get any compensation whatsover.
    This feature of losing all the worth of a continuos playing toon, happens only in this game...theres only speculation that something wrong is happening in their implementation. Yet they don't address this at all... Go figure.[/QUOTE

    Thenn are you suggesting a situation where War have 8 differrent weapons? same for other classes? It's not like everybody has gold to buy all 8 different weaps... and you saying that it was a scam doesn't make sense since the "players" dictate the prices for everything on the market. It was the AL community who raised the prices higher than ever. It was not just you who made losses...a lot of us are, I'd still say the present sotuation is better compared to how it was at cap 76 (although war endgame pvp is a bit meh) .

  7. #27
    Star Guard octavos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Playing AL more then SL atm.
    Posts
    3,965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    891
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,050
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

    Default

    Hi der guys and gals.. thought id chime in on this letter.

    being a player of all sts games and playing a wide variety of ftp games....nothing comes close to sts mmo's. STS has a good strategy for mmo's weathers that's vanity's "usually what I hunt for" end game gear for pvp, or just lounging around "also what i do in STS games"

    a game is what we make of it, and an auction house where player trade amongst themselves, or just doing low end levels, or testing your skills in leaderboard. for being a mobile game and not shoving constant ads in your face is something to be commended.

    I've seen different communities flourish...but buy the same token...sour bitter players. things change to keep the games longevity so these games don't go out to pasture for a nice sunset. Yes there is times I don't agree with sts methods, but like any player base, voicing opinions helps develop the game that benefits the majority, instead of the few.

    So thanks for writing a detailed letter, I hope you can one day return with open arms to this nice game.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:


  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    200
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    For me gold loot is biggest threat in this game. Killing loot, because by farming gold you can buy it faster than just trying to loot it, making 90% of maps "boring", because there are choosen maps. I am gold farmer myself with good % of gold loot. For me it is crazy to get 100k gold from less than 1 minute in Rahabkor's lair, then you have chance to loot shredder aura, another 100M+. Or run deep marsh, and get 250k each 3 minutes. Tell me, how can new player, or undergeared player keep up with me or other gold loot users? In time i purchased gold loot set it was affordable, i needed to work hard, but i could get it. Prices of items have changed so much, price manipulation has become new hobby for some, we can see it in traders market. 100M for single mythic weapon on release? I have both mythic weapons, i just don't believe someone new, who does not buy platinum for some reason or farm lots of gold, because is missing set can ever reach 100M. I could talk about this for hours... I offered my idea, a solution if you like to STS, i don't even know if they opened my mail. I believe, that with reducing amount of gold in game from drops and from player's inventory can remove gap between new and old, poor and rich and bring life to all maps, bring value to gold from quests, to loot itself, to tokens, to everything. If you want sneak peek of my idea, run elite underhul map, first without gold loot, then with it and compare income. I don't know if they read my suggestion, i hope they did. Maybe it was stupid one, i at least tried, and i believe they should look into gold loot, keep it important, but not as much...
    -111 -111 you know what you talkin about? Ajaja! 250k gold 3mins dm run? You have 2k gl? Lmao

    Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

  10. #29
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,456
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devine2021 View Post
    -111 -111 you know what you talkin about? Ajaja! 250k gold 3mins dm run? You have 2k gl? Lmao

    Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk
    Who doesn't have 2k gl these days?
    You are missing his point, the point is we are running the same maps for pure gold all the time. It is so repetitive that it becomes pointless, you also need gold to farm gold because of the prices of gold loot. Getting gold loot is an issue for newer players due to the fact of inflation. More gold is looted by players which causes the item prices to rise endlessly, people blindly blame price rise to manipulation but don't see the fact that millions of gold each day is added into the game from people farming. Sts adding items to rahabkor is a step forward because it doesn't need goldloot to run. They need to lay off on gold loot and add items to bosses but keep gold loot useful. Keep on with gold loot and AL will turn into DL economy. DL economy is every item costs 99999999999, gold is worthless there.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 11-28-2021 at 04:23 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:


  12. #30
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    345
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Who doesn't have 2k gl these days?
    You are missing his point, the point is we are running the same maps for pure gold all the time. It is so repetitive that it becomes pointless, you also need gold to farm gold because of the prices of gold loot. Getting gold loot is an issue for newer players due to the fact of inflation. More gold is looted by players which causes the item prices to rise endlessly, people blindly blame price rise to manipulation but don't see the fact that millions of gold each day is added into the game from people farming. Sts adding items to rahabkor is a step forward because it doesn't need goldloot to run. They need to lay off on gold loot and add items to bosses but keep gold loot useful. Keep on with gold loot and AL will turn into DL economy. DL economy is every item costs 99999999999, gold is worthless there.
    Prices rising indefinitely is only true for a limited number of vanities. Whereas gear is constantly supplied and gradually depreciates for each event with new crates that are released.

    Gears only rise when they are new, obviously, and during awakening events, obviously, because that is when the majority of the player base gear up.

    Removing or significantly reducing gold in Deepmarsh will actually harm newer players more. Because you're essentially depriving them of their income and they'll never be properly equipped for any Zodias content, which even fully equipped players struggle to run. What more from these ill-equipped, unknowledgable and mostly discriminated low lvl weak and new players?

    I'd say to revise and implement a restriction to Deepmarsh, in which only lv75 gears and below can be used to play, and that you are penalized and can not run DM for 2 minites when you leave a random run.

    That way fully equipped lv81 can't earn 30m a day while eyes are closed in DM, and to also significantly lessen picky players.






    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-28-2021 at 09:44 PM.

  13. #31
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,456
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Prices rising indefinitely is only true for a limited number of vanities. Whereas gear is constantly supplied and gradually depreciates for each event with new crates that are released.

    Gears only rise when they are new, obviously, and during awakening events, obviously, because that is when the majority of the player base gear up.

    Removing or significantly reducing gold in Deepmarsh will actually harm newer players more. Because you're essentially depriving them of their income and they'll never be properly equipped for any Zodias content, which even fully equipped players struggle to run. What more from these ill-equipped, unknowledgable and mostly discriminated low lvl weak and new players?

    I'd say to revise and implement a restriction to Deepmarsh, in which only lv75 gears and below can be used to play, and that you are penalized and can not run DM for 2 minites when you leave a random run.

    That way fully equipped lv81 can't earn 30m a day while eyes are closed in DM, and to also significantly lessen picky players.






    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Not just endgame should be earning gold etc, if I ever made a game I would make tons of quests to get stuff to craft gears or loot good stuff at a low lvl map just so end game isn't the only way to have fun and even at end game it is boring once you are fully op. Its hard for me to explain but look at lv 16 arcane chest for example, no end gamer farms those but some new players get very lucky and loot them on their journey which helps them a ton.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  14. #32
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    92
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    345
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Not just endgame should be earning gold etc, if I ever made a game I would make tons of quests to get stuff to craft gears or loot good stuff at a low lvl map just so end game isn't the only way to have fun and even at end game it is boring once you are fully op. Its hard for me to explain but look at lv 16 arcane chest for example, no end gamer farms those but some new players get very lucky and loot them on their journey which helps them a ton.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Yea I agree with more means for new players to earn more gold amidst their journey. And generally more craftable gears.

    Cuz how it currently is, I dislike how a good chunk of the gears are behind paywalls or just straight up as loots, instead of making it a craftable item and farm the components in various maps.






    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  15. #33
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    2,175
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,017
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    704
    Thanked in
    443 Posts

    Default

    Agrees with Suzi, it’s the journey that’s most interesting. When I started (41cap) I ran by myself until lvl 23ish, didn’t even know or care maps could hold 4 ppl. Playing the story line and quests was what I downloaded for in first place. The social aspect was a nice bit and the occasional event an appreciated diversion..... now it’s all events and merch.. but yeah, noobs have it well enuff.


    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..

  16. #34
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    374
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    108
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alome View Post
    Come on bro...it's not like War heal/Mage shield/ War Immortality Ult doesn't exist.
    Also you can literally count the time it take s for a red zone to appear and expect it.
    Took me like a few runs to get used to it.
    It was just an example, every boss attack ended in instakill.
    On the other hand, in war the immortality lasts 3 seconds and the skill must be charged, in the case of the mage shield it lasts 2 seconds and it must also be charged, you must be quite precise to use it or you end up as a cheerleader behind a fence.
    Even that, there is no teamwork, it is playing to save whoever can.
    The above weapons are completely useless, that's why I say if you want to skip all instakill, you just buy a new mythic weapon and kill boss in a sec.
    If you know the game, compared to other game mechanics from previous expansions, the current mechanics are quite lazy and poor.
    Even Valley had more strategies and game modes, and I was never a fan of that map.

  17. #35
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    374
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    108
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Prices rising indefinitely is only true for a limited number of vanities. Whereas gear is constantly supplied and gradually depreciates for each event with new crates that are released.

    Gears only rise when they are new, obviously, and during awakening events, obviously, because that is when the majority of the player base gear up.

    Removing or significantly reducing gold in Deepmarsh will actually harm newer players more. Because you're essentially depriving them of their income and they'll never be properly equipped for any Zodias content, which even fully equipped players struggle to run. What more from these ill-equipped, unknowledgable and mostly discriminated low lvl weak and new players?

    I'd say to revise and implement a restriction to Deepmarsh, in which only lv75 gears and below can be used to play, and that you are penalized and can not run DM for 2 minites when you leave a random run.

    That way fully equipped lv81 can't earn 30m a day while eyes are closed in DM, and to also significantly lessen picky players.






    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    The best solution is to set a gold limit per level, or reduce it as you go up in level.
    For example, you are level 71, and your maximum base of gold that you can get from deep is 100k, you go up to level 72, your maximum drops 15% then you drop to 85k maximum.
    At level 73, another 15% is 30% less than at level 76, about 70k maximum. So 15% for each level you go up.
    Then you get to level 81 and deep will give you little gold even if you have a lot of gl and it will discourage massive farm in those areas. But they will not be completely useless.
    It could even be applied to all maps in the game, so a new player can make more gold while leveling up.


    PS: the numbers are made up, they are just examples.

  18. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    165
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Not just endgame should be earning gold etc, if I ever made a game I would make tons of quests to get stuff to craft gears or loot good stuff at a low lvl map just so end game isn't the only way to have fun and even at end game it is boring once you are fully op. Its hard for me to explain but look at lv 16 arcane chest for example, no end gamer farms those but some new players get very lucky and loot them on their journey which helps them a ton.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    This is almost impossible since it can easily be abused.

  19. #37
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    95
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,456
    Thanked in
    747 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alome View Post
    This is almost impossible since it can easily be abused.
    Can't be abused if done correctly.

  20. #38
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,647
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    51
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    220
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spctmstds View Post
    The game just isn't new player friendly anymore. The developers have focused more on endgame because that's where most of the money is, and we have to understand that this is the limitations of a small company like STS. They can't afford to do anything extravagant and new because at a business standpoint it just wouldn't make sense for them. The only thing sustainable for them is what they are doing for years, and that is focusing content on the pioneers and veterans of the game.

    What the game truly needs to strive and be new player friendly is to have fundamentals set. We had this once, it was the farmable locked crates but it was removed. They need to make something similar, something that hard workers can do and that rich people don't want to do.

    Take a look at other MOBAs, they have treecutting, mining, crafting, and such which makes it very new user friendly. It takes hard work to catch up to people, but at least they have a chance. Unlike in AL, when every single thing that you need to actually gain gold is already expensive and the gold that you're gaining is not enough to keep up with inflation. Then you have no chance to actually have fun and keep up. Along with a merching focused market filled with scammers, manipulators, and douches; then it's a recipe for a dead game.

    Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
    Do you mean MMOs? MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena like League of Legends, Dota 2, or Smite. AL is an MMORPG, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing GAme.

    And as somebody that does play another MMO, World of Warcraft, it is not at all new player friendly. The entire game is at endgame. Fortunately in that game you can get all your gear from pve, don't have to buy a thing. I played Pocket Legends at the lvl 66 cap and it was the same way, best gear from bosses, but AL has never really been that way.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    405
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    67
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Do you mean MMOs? MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena like League of Legends, Dota 2, or Smite. AL is an MMORPG, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing GAme.

    And as somebody that does play another MMO, World of Warcraft, it is not at all new player friendly. The entire game is at endgame. Fortunately in that game you can get all your gear from pve, don't have to buy a thing. I played Pocket Legends at the lvl 66 cap and it was the same way, best gear from bosses, but AL has never really been that way.
    Got them mixed up, thanks!

    And yes, that is the problem. In AL you can't earn gold, at a manageable rate with respect to inflation, without good gear, and you can't get good gear without gold. Essentially, new players have an extremely declining chance of catching up to veterans by the day.

    Maybe the devs are right for focusing on endgame since there are little to no new players, but maybe they're also the reason why people don't last in the game. The game isn't even marketed anymore, which probably means it's sustainable with the current playerbase (i.e. here have some recolored useless things to look cool, here have some new gears to be the strongest. Don't have gold? We got you fam, earn gold with plat or better yet be cool and be the strongest with plat).

    Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

  23. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    170
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Arcane legend has a lot of potential but I feel like they kinda headed in the wrong direction. Like expansion is always fun right but maybe we should just stick to that level cap. I don’t think leveling up is what people are excited about. People reached 81 in hours. Instead, why not focus more on adding more maps and different kind of weapons to use and not have one set that’s useful for that level. I feel like this is more about adding new content like maps, weapons, events, and even mini contest instead of adding more level caps


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Onawaoka For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Community vs Spacetime Studios ???
    By zeptifyx in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-17-2019, 11:50 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 09:54 PM
  3. Spacetime Studios Support and Community Team Announcements
    By Delphina in forum Spacetime Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM
  4. The Spacetime Studios Community Team is Growing to Better Serve You!
    By Samhayne in forum Spacetime Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 03:43 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •