Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A letter to Spacetime Studios and the Community (Truthful criticism)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation A letter to Spacetime Studios and the Community (Truthful criticism)

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...nk-you-Legends!

Just logged in after months of inactivity to say, if you are truly thankful for us then show it.

I want you guys to legitimately display your gratitude for us by providing us with content that can be satiable gameplay wise.

I and many whom enjoy playing the game for the challenging aspects of it and loot want to experience an Arcane Legends esque adventure that isn't heavily dependent on such uniformities such as Awakenings, Gold drop amounts, Vanities, and overly easy maps that breed a new generation of players who are unable to calculate strategies plus the Copy pasted events that ruin loot tables.

I and many others want to kill, loot and feel the usefulness of our efforts. Show that you are actually grateful for us and listening to us as a community. Demonstrate it, provide the evidence.

This post isn't meant to shrug off all your efforts or intentions, it's to just say how i feel of the current Arcane Legends. The Lv81 expansion has huge potential but unfortunately the loot is now irrelevant due to events making all loot common.

Further more, the new player experience hasn't improved at all. I've been patiently observing your initiatives but i am yet to see an impactful implementation.

Conclusion, we have so many vanities and (It pains me to say this because how overused and cheesy the word has become) "Auras", not much loot for veterans and new players are struggling. You guys are still relying on the trade permit thing, it's killing the game quicker then botting.

I rather have bots run around and new players being able to trade at this point so the game can flourish. It's old yes, but have you seen other games such as Rune Scape? Incredibly old games but with huge populations that are active consistently. You know why? Because they do it the right way, they stick to their roots.

To all the veterans reading this, the community has changed. Many people just want vanities, "Auras" and gold drops instead of loot they also want things to be brain dead easy, like it's really embarrassing. Events like Egg-zavier are closely affiliated with the games main attraction; Pets. That needs to be changed somehow.

And to Spacetime Studios, you guys should now come up with your own ideas. The community has become too risky to rely on anymore. It's usually just people begging for Vanities and..."Auras" To be added into the game. All of these are purely cosmetic and only entertain your average joe for like a couple days until they move on to the next new/old vanity. It's quite sad to say the least.

The options so far: Either a revamped Arcane Legends, Arcane Legends 2 or Pocket Legends 2 will help your studio to maximize it's objectives. I think Pocket Legends 2 is your best bet. Arcane Legends can be changed but be prepared for the backlash.

Good luck Spacetime Studios, and take care. If my post gets removed it doesn't matter to me anymore. I've completely stopped playing and i don't have that unique urge to go on an adventure in Arcane Legends anymore. It has all dissipated once the expansion launched.

I've been eyeing other entities to fulfill my needs, i'm quite pleased to say the least. However, Arcane Legends still holds a place in my heart. But i don't think it'll stick around anymore. I'm worn out from all the repetitive content and mistreatment. (Can't forget the 90-100$ auras lol)

This is all i've got to say, all comments are welcome. I've taken the liberty to expose my softness to express feedback. So can you perhaps.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I agree that there are too many vanities and wisps. On removing legendary 81 gear from events and locks and to buff expansion loot. However, I feel like the expansion considering its content has been a success. Portals are mediocre challenging aswell (at least for me). Balancing is an issue but they are aware of that. I prefer to have an annual rotation of main events - I dont need new events all the time. I disagree that botters wont do much harm. Imo, overall the expansion is the best since somberhold lvl61 cap but can't compete with earlier caps.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The game just isn't new player friendly anymore. The developers have focused more on endgame because that's where most of the money is, and we have to understand that this is the limitations of a small company like STS. They can't afford to do anything extravagant and new because at a business standpoint it just wouldn't make sense for them. The only thing sustainable for them is what they are doing for years, and that is focusing content on the pioneers and veterans of the game.

What the game truly needs to strive and be new player friendly is to have fundamentals set. We had this once, it was the farmable locked crates but it was removed. They need to make something similar, something that hard workers can do and that rich people don't want to do.

Take a look at other MMOs, they have treecutting, mining, crafting, and such which makes it very new user friendly. It takes hard work to catch up to people, but at least they have a chance. Unlike in AL, when every single thing that you need to actually gain gold is already expensive and the gold that you're gaining is not enough to keep up with inflation. Then you have no chance to actually have fun and keep up. Along with a merching focused market filled with scammers, manipulators, and douches; then it's a recipe for a dead game.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spctmstds; 11-29-2021 at 08:39 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spctmstds For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spctmstds View Post
    The game just isn't new player friendly anymore. The developers have focused more on endgame because that's where most of the money is, and we have to understand that this is the limitations of a small company like STS. They can't afford to do anything extravagant and new because at a business standpoint it just wouldn't make sense for them. The only thing sustainable for them is what they are doing for years, and that is focusing content on the pioneers and veterans of the game.

What the game truly needs to strive and be new player friendly is to have fundamentals set. We had this once, it was the farmable locked crates but it was removed. They need to make something similar, something that hard workers can do and that rich people don't want to do.

Take a look at other MOBAs, they have treecutting, mining, crafting, and such which makes it very new user friendly. It takes hard work to catch up to people, but at least they have a chance. Unlike in AL, when every single thing that you need to actually gain gold is already expensive and the gold that you're gaining is not enough to keep up with inflation. Then you have no chance to actually have fun and keep up. Along with a merching focused market filled with scammers, manipulators, and douches; then it's a recipe for a dead game.

Do you mean MMOs? MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena like League of Legends, Dota 2, or Smite. AL is an MMORPG, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing GAme.

And as somebody that does play another MMO, World of Warcraft, it is not at all new player friendly. The entire game is at endgame. Fortunately in that game you can get all your gear from pve, don't have to buy a thing. I played Pocket Legends at the lvl 66 cap and it was the same way, best gear from bosses, but AL has never really been that way.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Do you mean MMOs? MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena like League of Legends, Dota 2, or Smite. AL is an MMORPG, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing GAme.

And as somebody that does play another MMO, World of Warcraft, it is not at all new player friendly. The entire game is at endgame. Fortunately in that game you can get all your gear from pve, don't have to buy a thing. I played Pocket Legends at the lvl 66 cap and it was the same way, best gear from bosses, but AL has never really been that way.
    Got them mixed up, thanks!

And yes, that is the problem. In AL you can't earn gold, at a manageable rate with respect to inflation, without good gear, and you can't get good gear without gold. Essentially, new players have an extremely declining chance of catching up to veterans by the day.

Maybe the devs are right for focusing on endgame since there are little to no new players, but maybe they're also the reason why people don't last in the game. The game isn't even marketed anymore, which probably means it's sustainable with the current playerbase (i.e. here have some recolored useless things to look cool, here have some new gears to be the strongest. Don't have gold? We got you fam, earn gold with plat or better yet be cool and be the strongest with plat).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

For me gold loot is biggest threat in this game. Killing loot, because by farming gold you can buy it faster than just trying to loot it, making 90% of maps "boring", because there are choosen maps. I am gold farmer myself with good % of gold loot. For me it is crazy to get 100k gold from less than 1 minute in Rahabkor's lair, then you have chance to loot shredder aura, another 100M+. Or run deep marsh, and get 250k each 3 minutes. Tell me, how can new player, or undergeared player keep up with me or other gold loot users? In time i purchased gold loot set it was affordable, i needed to work hard, but i could get it. Prices of items have changed so much, price manipulation has become new hobby for some, we can see it in traders market. 100M for single mythic weapon on release? I have both mythic weapons, i just don't believe someone new, who does not buy platinum for some reason or farm lots of gold, because is missing set can ever reach 100M. I could talk about this for hours... I offered my idea, a solution if you like to STS, i don't even know if they opened my mail. I believe, that with reducing amount of gold in game from drops and from player's inventory can remove gap between new and old, poor and rich and bring life to all maps, bring value to gold from quests, to loot itself, to tokens, to everything. If you want sneak peek of my idea, run elite underhul map, first without gold loot, then with it and compare income. I don't know if they read my suggestion, i hope they did. Maybe it was stupid one, i at least tried, and i believe they should look into gold loot, keep it important, but not as much...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    For me gold loot is biggest threat in this game. Killing loot, because by farming gold you can buy it faster than just trying to loot it, making 90% of maps "boring", because there are choosen maps. I am gold farmer myself with good % of gold loot. For me it is crazy to get 100k gold from less than 1 minute in Rahabkor's lair, then you have chance to loot shredder aura, another 100M+. Or run deep marsh, and get 250k each 3 minutes. Tell me, how can new player, or undergeared player keep up with me or other gold loot users? In time i purchased gold loot set it was affordable, i needed to work hard, but i could get it. Prices of items have changed so much, price manipulation has become new hobby for some, we can see it in traders market. 100M for single mythic weapon on release? I have both mythic weapons, i just don't believe someone new, who does not buy platinum for some reason or farm lots of gold, because is missing set can ever reach 100M. I could talk about this for hours... I offered my idea, a solution if you like to STS, i don't even know if they opened my mail. I believe, that with reducing amount of gold in game from drops and from player's inventory can remove gap between new and old, poor and rich and bring life to all maps, bring value to gold from quests, to loot itself, to tokens, to everything. If you want sneak peek of my idea, run elite underhul map, first without gold loot, then with it and compare income. I don't know if they read my suggestion, i hope they did. Maybe it was stupid one, i at least tried, and i believe they should look into gold loot, keep it important, but not as much...
    -111 -111 you know what you talkin about? Ajaja! 250k gold 3mins dm run? You have 2k gl? Lmao

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devine2021 View Post
    -111 -111 you know what you talkin about? Ajaja! 250k gold 3mins dm run? You have 2k gl? Lmao

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk
    Who doesn't have 2k gl these days?
    You are missing his point, the point is we are running the same maps for pure gold all the time. It is so repetitive that it becomes pointless, you also need gold to farm gold because of the prices of gold loot. Getting gold loot is an issue for newer players due to the fact of inflation. More gold is looted by players which causes the item prices to rise endlessly, people blindly blame price rise to manipulation but don't see the fact that millions of gold each day is added into the game from people farming. Sts adding items to rahabkor is a step forward because it doesn't need goldloot to run. They need to lay off on gold loot and add items to bosses but keep gold loot useful. Keep on with gold loot and AL will turn into DL economy. DL economy is every item costs 99999999999, gold is worthless there.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 11-28-2021 at 04:23 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    You are missing his point, the point is we are running the same maps for pure gold all the time. It is so repetitive that it becomes pointless, you also need gold to farm gold because of the prices of gold loot. Getting gold loot is an issue for newer players due to the fact of inflation. More gold is looted by players which causes the item prices to rise endlessly, people blindly blame price rise to manipulation but don't see the fact that millions of gold each day is added into the game from people farming. Sts adding items to rahabkor is a step forward because it doesn't need goldloot to run. They need to lay off on gold loot and add items to bosses but keep gold loot useful. Keep on with gold loot and AL will turn into DL economy. DL economy is every item costs 99999999999, gold is worthless there.
    Prices rising indefinitely is only true for a limited number of vanities. Whereas gear is constantly supplied and gradually depreciates for each event with new crates that are released.

Gears only rise when they are new, obviously, and during awakening events, obviously, because that is when the majority of the player base gear up.

Removing or significantly reducing gold in Deepmarsh will actually harm newer players more. Because you're essentially depriving them of their income and they'll never be properly equipped for any Zodias content, which even fully equipped players struggle to run. What more from these ill-equipped, unknowledgable and mostly discriminated low lvl weak and new players?

I'd say to revise and implement a restriction to Deepmarsh, in which only lv75 gears and below can be used to play, and that you are penalized and can not run DM for 2 minites when you leave a random run.

That way fully equipped lv81 can't earn 30m a day while eyes are closed in DM, and to also significantly lessen picky players.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-28-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Prices rising indefinitely is only true for a limited number of vanities. Whereas gear is constantly supplied and gradually depreciates for each event with new crates that are released.

Gears only rise when they are new, obviously, and during awakening events, obviously, because that is when the majority of the player base gear up.

Removing or significantly reducing gold in Deepmarsh will actually harm newer players more. Because you're essentially depriving them of their income and they'll never be properly equipped for any Zodias content, which even fully equipped players struggle to run. What more from these ill-equipped, unknowledgable and mostly discriminated low lvl weak and new players?

I'd say to revise and implement a restriction to Deepmarsh, in which only lv75 gears and below can be used to play, and that you are penalized and can not run DM for 2 minites when you leave a random run.

That way fully equipped lv81 can't earn 30m a day while eyes are closed in DM, and to also significantly lessen picky players.

Not just endgame should be earning gold etc, if I ever made a game I would make tons of quests to get stuff to craft gears or loot good stuff at a low lvl map just so end game isn't the only way to have fun and even at end game it is boring once you are fully op. Its hard for me to explain but look at lv 16 arcane chest for example, no end gamer farms those but some new players get very lucky and loot them on their journey which helps them a ton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

The best solution is to set a gold limit per level, or reduce it as you go up in level.
    For example, you are level 71, and your maximum base of gold that you can get from deep is 100k, you go up to level 72, your maximum drops 15% then you drop to 85k maximum.
    At level 73, another 15% is 30% less than at level 76, about 70k maximum. So 15% for each level you go up.
    Then you get to level 81 and deep will give you little gold even if you have a lot of gl and it will discourage massive farm in those areas. But they will not be completely useless.
    It could even be applied to all maps in the game, so a new player can make more gold while leveling up.

PS: the numbers are made up, they are just examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I don’t have 2k gold loot …

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    I don’t have 2k gold loot …
    Omg i thought everyone have it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thread will be deleted in few mins
    xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracraft View Post
    Thread will be deleted in few mins
    let them delete .every deleted post = one less player from game .

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

i feel like if we loot unlocked crates from boss containing the new items(arcane,mythic,vanities) and updated once every new items come then i think it will change whole game .

people will no more be farming gold and later realising its no use since every month prices goes up 3x

i know some people will say how sts will make money ,well sts can increase the loot chance in locked crates and removing legendary gear items from locked and transferring the legends into the unlocked crates and keeping the same loot drops as it is right now .

elite awakes and limited eggs/aura will still make people buy the plats and since locked crates will no longer containing legendary or rare rarity items ,people gonna actually open them with a happy face and will no longer feel sts robbing them .

Am open for any criticism

kulldeep

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

For none gold loot you can do:
    Jewel farming
    Puzzle Box crate farming
    Mau map farming which is my favorite of all

I only agree with some of the point such as adding more unlocked crate farming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dualray For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They care only for money, bad feedback will be considered as non-constructive and get deleted/closed
    Last edited by Player AL; 11-27-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

It’s both parties fault the game sucks

. It’s The players fault for throwing $100s-$1000s at STS so they can cook up some of that “Thank you for your money here’s that garbage we’ve been making for months, enjoy”. Just to keep those morons who pay to get slapped in the face happy?!, I mean you got money to burn id gladly take some.

Then it’s STS fault since they don’t have any passion for the game anymore it’s more of a chore for them now, like cleaning the players diaper because they keep crying on forum then to shut them up they give them a stupid aura(Pacifier) and they’re happy.

They’re not trying as hard because people like you(not op but others) would spend 1750 platinum on a seaweed aura… and that’s the problem.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Take another few month break pls