Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Angel Sets are too OP?! Especially in PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Hey, STS,

I just wanted to request if you considered tuning down the stats of the angel sets a little. I'll explain my reasoning below.

*L65 sets are worthless now, there is no need for them.

*Angel Sets give a huge bonus in PvP and really unbalance the classes! Take elves for example, they're already the support and damage class, now you give them the dodge they need as well? With their high armor and dodge, as well as high skill range, it's WAY too difficult to kill them. Birds are the ones that get the shortest end of the stick in this, just ridiculous IMO. If something could be done to balance this, it would be extremely appreciated. Also, in the future, having such overpowered exclusive items is just not fair to the rest of the PL population and pretty much kills PvP at that level.

Also, on a side note, those who spec'd to L7 skills who were under L65 still have the skills set at L7, further imbalancing PvP and PvE.

Hope you guys can make changes accordingly!

Thanks for all that you do,

~Parth
    Umm, can't you just go on your bear with over 100 dodge and be invincible if you can't do that on your bird?
    Bears are even more OP than mages with that new Angel set, just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Shall we tone down 56 glyph so 55 sewer can have a fairer shot? Or 61 Fang?

I'm also going to agree with Under, not everyone has 70mil at their beck and call to get whatever they want when they want it. Have you seen the prices on the new Humania gear? No regular player can possibly afford that. The angel gear is giving everybody the ability to have good gear, maybe 66 pvp is 1 sided right now but wait about a year when 3/4 of the angel gear owners are gone, then it will be the 66 humania gear users winning.
    Agreed 100000000%

56 is OP and will destroy any sewer gear :O

And This also settles the issue with bears having high dodge. Mage have a higher dodge to balance it out a bit ^_^
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-assault-tank

Read Sam's post in there, he made it plainly obvious that the actual endgame humania sets will trump angel gear.
    There is better stuff at lvl 70 and it will be replaced. I don't think it will be changed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@ apollo no i wasnt sayin voodoo gear is better then crafted orlok lol i was sayin cause i couldn't afford it no matter how much i farmed or biught low and resold that i had respec to int so i could get int gear to increase armor seein as crafted lilith was slightly cheaper and i got lucky with lilith drops im sure crafted orlok woulda made me alot less squishy then lilith and @ mafia yea read wrong i shoulda been more clear im def not in voodoo gear this high up just sayin i was a squishy voodoo bear but now with the angel gear and my stats int/dex im way better off even if i respec back to str itd just make me squisy again i mean my armor is high dps is high dodge is medium crit is ok and regen is great so the angel gear has me maxed the best i can go hence now tell 71 im taking a whole.dif direction and trying summin new it may fail or it may succeed im goin put all stat points from 66 to 71 in my str now and see bout bein a lil tri bear u can call it noobish or anything u want but all im doin is tryin something new and if it fails or better gear comes out that i need higher dex or int for theres always a option to respec basically theres no harm in experimenting right now if anyone has advice or would like to join me in this weird lil mission im going on let me know any constructive criticism is welcome any advice is welcomed even more just dont be to harsh lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I agree with the posts I thanked.

I sincerely hope the entire community doesn't have to pay just because an apparent small minority think gear is OP for PvP.

As Crim already said, PvP is just a part of the game. Nerfing these sets would hurt PvE even more. And I bet, even when STS would nerf the sets, other threads will pop up on how specific classes are OP too. This has always been the case in the past, and I don't see how that's ever going to change.

Couldn't we, for once, stop complaining and be grateful to STS for providing a lot of people with incredible useful and cool looking sets? I think they did a marvelous job in providing a lot of players with extremely usable gear, so that people without a gazillion gold can actually enjoy PvP and PvE, and be competitive at the same time.

Please STS, don't nerf the sets.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I hope STS doesn't change anything about the sets. In fact, the angel sets are probly my FAVORITE thing STS has ever done.

A lot of people are saying humania is too easy. In fact, I thought that myself the first time I ran through it with 4 elixired players. I changed my mind when I went through it with a non elixired group. The mobs hit hard! I understand why the devs made the maps so long- it's because dodge or kiting are the only ways to make it through (as a bird or mage at least) without getting one hitted. The extra dodge from the angel gear def is helpful!

Imo, endgame pvp was broken way before humania anyway.

Thanks again devs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I see this is not a big deal to you PvE-ers, but people like Apollo (and myself) are very passionate PvP-ers.
    In PvE OP gear on any char always helps clearing faster, but if you had some experience with PvP mechainics you would see why this is such a big deal to him.
    I agree fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    There is better stuff at lvl 70 and it will be replaced. I don't think it will be changed.
    Speaking with 55k+ PvP/Ctf kills across my chars. From the gear I have seen in cs so far it looks like the lvl70 equip is very unbalanced favouring Int mages (who get even more crit, dodge, hit and armor), and Str bears (80+ dodge, high crit, added hit), while the dex gear gets the very short end of the stick once again...

Well, that's what it looks like on paper so far.

I couldn't really experiment with the agel stuff myself in PvP so far since the messed up UI makes it pretty much unplayable.

I'll wait until that get's fixed and I experienced some actual endgame PvP action, but if I have to quit my beloved Dexbird that would really hurt...
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Imo, endgame pvp was broken way before humania anyway.
    I don't want to sound harsh, but I doubt you have sufficient endgame PvP experience to make such a statement.

I have been PvPing since 56 cap and of course there always were some classes who had advantage over others (ie Dexmage>Dexbird, Dexbird>Strbear, Intmage>Pally, Warbird>Dexbird) and a few generally OP sets like crafted Lilith wand or crafted Orlok, but overall PvP was very enjoyable for any class at any cap (except for Dexbears and -mages being dead for the last one).
    Staffmages also are at an disadvantage since Nuris, mainly because the wand sets became very powerful.
    In MF Wand Sets made mages somewhat tanks, support class and high dmg dealers at the same time, being able to 2-shot birds and survive much heat. Warbirds and Str bears also had insane dodge, and hs. But with teamplay and skill those minor advantages could be overcome.

All the new gear looks very dodge based, increasing the luck factor involved in PvP, removing skill needed...
    And the Sets listed above (str and Int) have not been adapted better for this cap, but were just made stronger.
    Furthermore, Talons, with their low range and base dmg have never been an archers favorite weapon for PvP.

I inversted A LOT of time and money in my Dexbird, seeing the stats on new gear feels like STS is slapping me right across the face as a thankyou.

Please, devs and players take a good read through this thread, maybe it offers more insight than my posts...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    I don't want to sound harsh, but I doubt you have sufficient endgame PvP experience to make such a statement.

I have been PvPing since 56 cap and of course there always were some classes who had advantage over others (ie Dexmage>Dexbird, Dexbird>Strbear, Intmage>Pally, Warbird>Dexbird) and a few generally OP sets like crafted Lilith wand or crafted Orlok, but overall PvP was very enjoyable for any class at any cap (except for Dexbears and -mages being dead for the last one).
    Staffmages also are at an disadvantage since Nuris, mainly because the wand sets became very powerful.
    In MF Wand Sets made mages somewhat tanks, support class and high dmg dealers at the same time, being able to 2-shot birds and survive much heat. Warbirds and Str bears also had insane dodge, and hs. But with teamplay and skill those minor advantages could be overcome.

All the new gear looks very dodge based, increasing the luck factor involved in PvP, removing skill needed...
    And the Sets listed above (str and Int) have not been adapted better for this cap, but were just made stronger.
    Furthermore, Talons, with their low range and base dmg have never been an archers favorite weapon for PvP.

I inversted A LOT of time and money in my Dexbird, seeing the stats on new gear feels like STS is slapping me right across the face as a thankyou.

Please, devs and players take a good read through this thread, maybe it offers more insight than my posts...
    I don't have that much pvp experience. I'm basing the statement upon my limited PL pvp experience vs my DL pvp experience. To me anyway, DL pvp is way better than PL. I don't really want to go into the reasons why right now (don't want to hijack the thread plus it's not that important anyway, haha). If you really want to know though I can pm you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Now that I have gear that is equal to my opponent, I'm beating a lot of more people ... I like it! Hehe Edensrage was a fun opponent !

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I see this is not a big deal to you PvE-ers, but people like Apollo (and myself) are very passionate PvP-ers.
    In PvE OP gear on any char always helps clearing faster, but if you had some experience with PvP mechainics you would see why this is such a big deal to him.
    I agree fully.

Speaking with 55k+ PvP/Ctf kills across my chars. From the gear I have seen in cs so far it looks like the lvl70 equip is very unbalanced favouring Int mages (who get even more crit, dodge, hit and armor), and Str bears (80+ dodge, high crit, added hit), while the dex gear gets the very short end of the stick once again...

Well, that's what it looks like on paper so far.

I couldn't really experiment with the agel stuff myself in PvP so far since the messed up UI makes it pretty much unplayable.

I'll wait until that get's fixed and I experienced some actual endgame PvP action, but if I have to quit my beloved Dexbird that would really hurt...

I may not have 55k kills (I probably have between 8-10k), but the point of argument for this thread is the fact that soon, individuals will have their hands on the new lvl70 sets. Why punish the lot of people for a very, VERY temporary fix? Which I remind you was a gift.

Now... if the lvl 70 sets are stat heavy in favor of one class over another, then I can see the point in a thread like this.

Rem
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I may not have 55k kills (I probably have between 8-10k), but the point of argument for this thread is the fact that soon, individuals will have their hands on the new lvl70 sets. Why punish the lot of people for a very, VERY temporary fix? Which I remind you was a gift.

Now... if the lvl 70 sets are stat heavy in favor of one class over another, then I can see the point in a thread like this.

Rem
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or blaming the devs to have ruined PvP.

I'm just trying to explain that the gear seems unbalanced so far. If the lv70 sets are gonna be similar to the angelic ones or to what we see in cs, the devs should consider revamping the stats on them right away in an early patch.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I can agree to that buddy. I am just here in defense of the Angelic sets.

And why did I put "Rem" at the end of my post?? LOL
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or blaming the devs to have ruined PvP.

I'm just trying to explain that the gear seems unbalanced so far. If the lv70 sets are gonna be similar to the angelic ones or to what we see in cs, the devs should consider revamping the stats on them right away in an early patch.
    When is the last time sets have actually been balanced? I'm asking this because as long as I'm reading these forums, whenever new stuff is released, I've seen thread after thread explaining how one class always seemed to be OP.

I hope this doesn't come across as offensive, that was not my intend. I just don't get the continuous 'this and that is OP' threads, whenever something new is released.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I can agree to that buddy. I am just here in defense of the Angelic sets.

And why did I put "Rem" at the end of my post?? LOL
    I figured it was either something insideish and meaningful, or you are a fan of alternative rock

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Really apollo? You out of all people id least expect to say this lol, just wait for lvl 70 sets go pvp in 70 arena and boom angel issue solved

Sent using spray paint

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It's just a gift from STS, we should say thanks instead of complaining...
    Tbh, I know the Angel sets hurt some merchants.. but merchants should take risk like those traders in Wall Street.

For pvpers, idk there is a problem, you can always go for a str bird or int bird if you think dex birds are underpowered.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Birds are the ones that get the shortest end of the stick in this, just ridiculous IMO.

~Parth
    Must be an insanely long stick if the birds are getting a short end ... 227 Armor, 24 dodge, 57 Crit, 275 damage ...

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I think that is even more scary to the people posting here.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Again i'll say, should we nerf 56 glyph too? Or 61 fang?

Pvp is a feature based on advantages, the object of pvp is to kill your opponents, if you can't kill your opponents then you find an advantage and try again. I'm gonna use your logic if you don't mind: Everybody had the chance to download the game and reach 66 before the update thus everyone had the chance to get the angel gear.
    Then I'll use your logic of second chances. When people have these, now they don't want to let others get them. I have the full sets and realize how much of an advantage they have over normal gear.

The difference between L56 glyph and sewers gear is you can still obtain L56 glyph.

@Fluff, try everything in PvP. Mages have such high armor that they do not die unless pinned, pretty ridiculous.

@Sam, okay, I understand that, but it still leaves L66 twinking dead to anyone who does not have a set.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List