Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
There's a group of ultra rich people who use the fastest ms awakened gear and drop dm bosses in less than 2-3 minutes, and gold loot gets them what around 100k each run.
With the new mythic weapons.. The bosses are a breeze.

So you're telling me this isn't broken?
That's why the game is inflating and guess what these type of runs, an average - medium/rich player will not even be able to pull off.

They said proc stacking was broken but what about this?
That's why they nerf gold drops to prevent the inflation from going beyond the roof.

Tbh whatever you have worked hard (including me probably around your net worth) isn't going into their thought process when they make a decision regarding gl nerf, it's aimed at a group of people who are lb tier players who know what they're doing and sadly the game is only consisting of them. (2-3 min cleaning of gl map with high tier /maxed out/fresh out gear)
These players spend around 1B on what they got and so the advantage, but it is overall affecting the game..
So that's why I pose the question to sts, who are the players you want playing you're game?
Sure it's not the f2p player by this standard with negligible bang to buck for time invested.

So if they're not going to do something, the inflation is unstoppable.
I agree that there need to be more drops from bosses in the new maps. Introducing gear crafting components would be best.

However, I strongly disagree with the section about gold loot. Inflation affects everything that has its supply cut down, in this case it primarily affects vanities. Gear wise, because supplies are progressively released throughout the course of the expansion, gears are unaffected. Gold farming gears and simply gears are currently 35 percent and up to 50 percent cheaper than they were two years ago. LV76 death engine gears are at their lowest point, and the auction is flooded with gl and ms gears from all the awakening occurrences that have occurred, and keep in mind that this is all you need to farm DM efficiently. Of course, the new 81 gears are pricey, but that's because they're new; everything new is usually pricey at first, but it has already been reduced by up to 50% in the previous two events.

The EvG nerf, which was the major gold farming site that is now gone, has also resulted in much-reduced inflation rates. Following that, a number of farming players left.

In response to the "(2-3 minute cleaning of gl map with high tier /maxed out/fresh out gear)" narrative, better things = faster completion times, and this is true across the board. And I'd want to point out that I used to be a regular player who didn't have any of the aforementioned op gears you're referring to, but as you advance, everyone who started farming will ultimately get their hands on those gears, at a much cheaper and more commonly available condition.

More gold sink events, in any case, would counteract all of this gold, and the awakening event would do a good job doing just that.