Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the game needs less loot percentage

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Need a non-seasonal gold sink like awake event. Sir-Spend-alot or whatever is terrible gold sink. Need some major game system where gold gets used..trade tax is great but need more I guess. Maybe upgrades(progression) based sinks. Aaaaa idk.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    Need a non-seasonal gold sink like awake event. Sir-Spend-alot or whatever is terrible gold sink. Need some major game system where gold gets used..trade tax is great but need more I guess. Maybe upgrades(progression) based sinks. Aaaaa idk.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    This is gonna sound silly, but hear me out . They make an event where you can loot some kind of crate, this chest drops the same things you'd expect a locked crate to drop BUT it also has old mythics + arcanes (now we have a use for all those recipes we get during birthday events). You make it so these crates can only be opened via gold (how much gold, I honestly have no clue). You also give them the same odds as elite chests (maybe even lower) to loot old mythics + arcanes. For sts to profit from this you have an elixir that doubles the drop of these crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    I agree that there need to be more drops from bosses in the new maps. Introducing gear crafting components would be best.

However, I strongly disagree with the section about gold loot. Inflation affects everything that has its supply cut down, in this case it primarily affects vanities. Gear wise, because supplies are progressively released throughout the course of the expansion, gears are unaffected. Gold farming gears and simply gears are currently 35 percent and up to 50 percent cheaper than they were two years ago. LV76 death engine gears are at their lowest point, and the auction is flooded with gl and ms gears from all the awakening occurrences that have occurred, and keep in mind that this is all you need to farm DM efficiently. Of course, the new 81 gears are pricey, but that's because they're new; everything new is usually pricey at first, but it has already been reduced by up to 50% in the previous two events.

The EvG nerf, which was the major gold farming site that is now gone, has also resulted in much-reduced inflation rates. Following that, a number of farming players left.

In response to the "(2-3 minute cleaning of gl map with high tier /maxed out/fresh out gear)" narrative, better things = faster completion times, and this is true across the board. And I'd want to point out that I used to be a regular player who didn't have any of the aforementioned op gears you're referring to, but as you advance, everyone who started farming will ultimately get their hands on those gears, at a much cheaper and more commonly available condition.

More gold sink events, in any case, would counteract all of this gold, and the awakening event would do a good job doing just that.
    I agree to your argument.
    But hear me out in this point of view.

The old gears that have become cheap (death engine etc) will let you complete dm map with good party in about 10 minutes for a party with such equipment.

But these 2-3 minute runs by a majority of people( which the game caters to an abnormal extent . Whales and spenders) , will cause so much gold to be dumped into the game which is going to be a cause for hardcore inflation where all the items are going to be paid 2-3x more in a couple of months.
    Example items people farm gold for..ollerus 130-220m..kershal 200-320m Jupiter 80-190m.

And before we put in the time to farm for those mythic weapons, STS would have already released harder content with better goldloot.. Nerfed the previous maps like dm.. And to play those new hard maps, would have released the new arcane gears which is worlds apart from the mythic weapons making them obsolete and make people spend more platinum to get those at microscopic drop rate. And to top it all off, the inflation would be so high that those weapons will cost multitudes of hundreds of millions only for that same percentage of people to buy them and inflate the economy more. Survival of fittest in spending money decides ,that is a worse way for an mmorpg to gain or keep it's player base..or even to not chase away the lower group.

This is a rat race that is only making the rich people decide the fate and as I said the bang to buck for normal - rich level players not worth at all.
    The mythic equipment released is on another level compared to the arcane death weapons.
    And is locked behind money making schemes.
    There's no way a f2p can keep playing at this rate of inflation and how MUCH it favors the p2w group.
    Last edited by Mythocrisis; 12-03-2021 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    I agree to your argument.
    But hear me out in this point of view.

The old gears that have become cheap (death engine etc) will let you complete dm map with good party in about 10 minutes for a party with such equipment.

But these 2-3 minute runs by a majority of people( which the game caters to an abnormal extent . Whales and spenders) , will cause so much gold to be dumped into the game which is going to be a cause for hardcore inflation where all the items are going to be paid 2-3x more in a couple of months.
    Example items people farm gold for..ollerus 130-220m..kershal 200-320m Jupiter 80-190m.

And before we put in the time to farm for those mythic weapons, STS would have already released harder content with better goldloot.. Nerfed the previous maps like dm.. And to play those new hard maps, would have released the new arcane gears which is worlds apart from the mythic weapons making them obsolete and make people spend more platinum to get those at microscopic drop rate. And to top it all off, the inflation would be so high that those weapons will cost multitudes of hundreds of millions only for that same percentage of people to buy them and inflate the economy more. Survival of fittest in spending money decides ,that is a worse way for an mmorpg to gain or keep it's player base..or even to not chase away the lower group.

This is a rat race that is only making the rich people decide the fate and as I said the bang to buck for normal - rich level players not worth at all.
    The mythic equipment released is on another level compared to the arcane death weapons.
    And is locked behind money making schemes.
    There's no way a f2p can keep playing at this rate of inflation and how MUCH it favors the p2w group.
    Returning to my first post, I stated that inflation will affect vanities but not gear. As for new arcane gears, it's to be expected that the latest arcane gear will be expensive at first, as it has always been the case with previous expansions - but, just like how the new 81 mythics peaked at 200m for the staff, but after just two events and a month later, they're now down to 80m.

So, once again, expect all of the new arcane stuff to significantly drop in a few cpl of events.

In response to the sudden inflation of those aforementioned vanities, well, that's from all the farming players who stopped farming after the EvG nerf and shifted their expenditures to vanities. But those are now stabilizing and slowly dropping again, and with the upcoming awakening event, expect all of those to drop down again as they always do.

Also, a team with only lv76 death engines gears can finish DM in 3-4 minutes, not 10 minutes, if they know how to run it efficiently in terms of clearing their own mob group.

But returning to my first post again, inflation rates should definitely be alot lower, now that Evg is nerfered and the fact that there are alot less gold farmers today than there were before the expansion. I keep track of the gold I farm everytime evg/dm opens up. And can tell that I am earning less than half in a month to what I used to earn before expansion.

The only threat I see for the new and mid-low class communities is if DM is nerfed. Because doing so essentially deprives them off their steady income, and they will have no backup when that goes away as well. I agree with that portion of your post.

As for the best gears being behind paywalls. As much as I hate this as you do, but realistically they definitely are struggling to payout their upkeeps.

Evidently enough they've offered 40% plat sales twice this year and 3x plat offers. Both of these were never done before, and which I think why they are struggling and are desperate.

But so far they've done a step to the right direction with those legendary sets, very new player-friendly. I expect more of these to come as well as new craftable gear components + spirit gear to keep everyone occupied.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 12-03-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

U know what it really need?
    More players.

Sent from my PAR-LX9 using Tapatalk