Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Domination PvP 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Domination PvP 2

Now that I have seen what Domination PvP is actually gonna be i can now speak my opinion on while I and many other arlorians aren’t the biggest fans of honor pvp I’m sure many of us still look forward to trying this but this goes back to when I said you need to do better why are you pushing an agenda that a percentage of your player base isn’t fond of many regular PvP players have been waiting for a jumpstart something fresh new it may not be able to revive the scene but it’s been dry forever twink s and even endgame idk the plans for the future who knows you could say yeah we’re bringing domination PvP to regular PvP I wouldn’t know but this is most definitely about the now you add new myths new gears and what you want us to focus on pve with that when the pve content is niche itself this must be early april fools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Wasn’t the reason why they introduced honor pvp because some players found it unfair that only rich players can play pvp? They wanted pvp to be more fair and based on skills instead of how rich you can be to afford op gears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IExposedYou View Post
    Wasn’t the reason why they introduced honor pvp because some players found it unfair that only rich players can play pvp? They wanted pvp to be more fair and based on skills instead of how rich you can be to afford op gears.
    I feel like at this point in the game it is a choice whether you can choose to Goto endgame pvp if you have the funds or goto honor dont just feed one horse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IExposedYou View Post
    Silly, it's like going to a boxing match and telling the strongest guy, don't hit the other guy hard because he didn't feel like getting ready for the fight. That's what pvp is for, in whatever game you watch, to show that you are the strongest with the best items in the game, or the most cunning with average items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I would put a large sum on the statement that if you made this regular PvP, you would be really reducing the amount of players that can/would play this mode. While letting go of the op gear crutch that many regular pvp players rely on, if they added some dynamics to the honor ruleset or just maps in general it would elevate some of the bland taste you get in Honor.

And if you make both types available, you only pigeonhole players even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    I would put a large sum on the statement that if you made this regular PvP, you would be really reducing the amount of players that can/would play this mode. While letting go of the op gear crutch that many regular pvp players rely on, if they added some dynamics to the honor ruleset or just maps in general it would elevate some of the bland taste you get in Honor.

And if you make both types available, you only pigeonhole players even more.
    I could say maybe if the made more advancements in honor pvp tweaks to the stats and if possible different pets but then that would make one pet better then others is there even a possibility for options in this honor pvp system why do I just have to use a staff as mage or daggers as rogue variety would be nice but like I said is that even possible

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vqnities For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    or the most cunning with average items.
    That's why we have honor, it puts everyone on the same playing field and makes it all about skill.
    ----

Anyway to the OP, it's very unlikely you'll get this mode implemented in normal PvP, there's rarely anyone there and imho it's not enjoyable, so you won't have people joining lobbies. STS wouldn't waste resources/time on this when it's going to be pointless in the end.

The only thing I wish honor had though was more pets with creative AAs.... No shield pets though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    That's why we have honor, it puts everyone on the same playing field and makes it all about skill.
    ----

Anyway to the OP, it's very unlikely you'll get this mode implemented in normal PvP, there's rarely anyone there and imho it's not enjoyable, so you won't have people joining lobbies. STS wouldn't waste resources/time on this when it's going to be pointless in the end.

The only thing I wish honor had though was more pets with creative AAs.... No shield pets though.
    I’m fine with throwing the normal pvp out of question of honor had more like you say hopefully this domination PvP isn’t the stop of the future of honor and that we do see more pets with creative aa maybe make more pets for honor with team based / solo based AAs not cut and paste something new ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vqnities View Post
    I’m fine with throwing the normal pvp out of question of honor had more like you say hopefully this domination PvP isn’t the stop of the future of honor and that we do see more pets with creative aa maybe make more pets for honor with team based / solo based AAs not cut and paste something new ?

Oh yeah definitely. Also just saw your post above mine right now and I also agree there. Different weapons with varying proc but the same stats maintained would be nice to see. Of course I'm not saying crazy procs like x30 dmg xD but simple procs like pushback effect from watch rifle or a simple ignite/bleed/slow effect stuff like that would be fun to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Oh yeah definitely. Also just saw your post above mine right now and I also agree there. Different weapons with varying proc but the same stats maintained would be nice to see. Of course I'm not saying crazy procs like x30 dmg xD but simple procs like pushback effect from watch rifle or a simple ignite/bleed/slow effect stuff like that would be fun to see.
    I was just thinking this let’s try to take it up a notch rn we’re playing at the beginning of pvp started maybe we Goto how lvl 12-14 pvp was with weapon proc eloia bow lurid etc obviously not the same weapons but hopefully you get me

A tweak to general honor stats for the classes that need it and proper weapon proc balancing could be a nice thing and if they don’t just wanna throw it in the game maybe a public beta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Would be quite interesting if players would be allowed to design a PvP Map(Maybe beyond that) in a Sandbox Type Mode. Allowing creative players to elevate some of the duties that would need to be done to create a more diverse PvP experience.

Although that's probably a Ton of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

----

What skill are you talking about? You have practically no game options .. xD
    And from my point of view it is easier to repair normal pvp, which also gives money and encourages you to buy platinum, than that honor pvp that gives nothing to anyone, nor does it bring new players, go play honor pvp and you will see what is dead that is.
    Even arena festerfang has more people playing it. They even buy the sets from that map.
    And of course the normal pvp is dead, there is a great imbalance, it has no lb and the aps were obsolete with the farmer pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well if anything the people who do have gears now like myself were preparing for this new pvp in normal especially with the new myths / legend set and pets with nice stats being introduced it’s almost like they were peeping us guess I was wrong all in all it is here and honor is what we must get into look forward to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Silly, it's like going to a boxing match and telling the strongest guy, don't hit the other guy hard because he didn't feel like getting ready for the fight. That's what pvp is for, in whatever game you watch, to show that you are the strongest with the best items in the game, or the most cunning with average items.
    I dont think thats a good comparision. You can still try your best in the fight and practice for ranked honor in theory. It's more like everybody competes in one and the same weight-class, just as ingame they compete with the same stats. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have played the new pvp and imo it’s nice it’s just not super fun rogues can rules the teams and that should be fixed I’m up for the idea of making honor feel like 12-14 pvp with weapon procs maybe not even damage procs small health proc or a small shield proc idk something to benefit the player so you don’t get completely one shot or make mages healthier in a since that’s they don’t get completely one shot against rogues and give them a little more damage but make rogues healthier in a since that they can take that extra damage balance it out give warriors a little more purpose with a weapon proc or buff there damage a bit @cinco would you consider such an idea characters need slight more survival potential

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Mages and wars are support classes in honor, they can't fight a rog 1v1. Have fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Mages and wars are support classes in honor, they can't fight a rog 1v1. Have fun.
    Make the game team based sure but not team based to the point where one specific class has to be kept alive to excel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

All this is coming from none honor pvpers... play more and ask top honor players for advices they including me will all help.

Honor ranked is the best thing they've added to this game imo. The more u play the better u get at it n the more ull enjoy.

As to this domination its lame, I prefer last legend standing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I dont think thats a good comparision. You can still try your best in the fight and practice for ranked honor in theory. It's more like everybody competes in one and the same weight-class, just as ingame they compete with the same stats. XD
    Not really, in any sport, you can train a lot and have all the equipment, but that does not guarantee that you are the best.
    As in my example, in a boxing match, equal in weight to compete in the same category, but they are not exactly the same as your opponent. For example, one boxer may have a good punch but be slow, another boxer may be fast, another may have longer arms, another may be taller.
    In pvp honor, for their fight for "equality", they take away variety, as you can see there are still complaints, and there will continue to be.
    The more equal the players, the less competitive and the more boring it will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

free bump