Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Domination PvP 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Not really, in any sport, you can train a lot and have all the equipment, but that does not guarantee that you are the best.
    As in my example, in a boxing match, equal in weight to compete in the same category, but they are not exactly the same as your opponent. For example, one boxer may have a good punch but be slow, another boxer may be fast, another may have longer arms, another may be taller.
    In pvp honor, for their fight for "equality", they take away variety, as you can see there are still complaints, and there will continue to be.
    The more equal the players, the less competitive and the more boring it will be.
    The more equal the players the less competitive it will be? That absolutely doesn't make any sense. Literally contradicts itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Not really, in any sport, you can train a lot and have all the equipment, but that does not guarantee that you are the best.
    As in my example, in a boxing match, equal in weight to compete in the same category, but they are not exactly the same as your opponent. For example, one boxer may have a good punch but be slow, another boxer may be fast, another may have longer arms, another may be taller.
    In pvp honor, for their fight for "equality", they take away variety, as you can see there are still complaints, and there will continue to be.
    The more equal the players, the less competitive and the more boring it will be.
    All they need to do to make honor somewhat fun is give their weapons passive procs. For example:

-Chance to stun enemy for 2 seconds
    -Chance to bleed enemy for 5 seconds
    -Chance to burn enemy for 4 seconds
    -Chance to freeze for 3 seconds
    -Chance to heal upon attack
    -Chance to ignore armor for 2 critical hits
    -chance for damage reduction for x seconds

That way multiple players can have that verity of team or vs customization. Making each passive ability equal so not everyone uses the same build like they do with skills

As for pets. They can’t just release 1 more good pet, then everyone will use it. If you want diversity in pets, you’d have to give them different stats for each class for example:

Warrior pets:
    -HB
    -15str, 5int/5dex, 500 armor
    -50str 5% damage
    -10str/dex/int, 10% damage/damage reduction, 5%hp/mana

-AA
    -Spawns 2 pools healing allies within for 8 seconds 50 sec CD
    -Enhances all nearby allies +10% damage for 4 seconds 40 sec CD
    -Damages nearby enemies burn/bleed for 5 seconds 30 sec CD

That way the stats aren’t game changing nor the arcane abilities.

This would make it interesting imo. Give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    The more equal the players the less competitive it will be? That absolutely doesn't make any sense. Literally contradicts itself.
    When too equal it become like a game of tic-tac-toe, very boring and previsible

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I do not know if I use the correct words, but I do not mean balance, what I mean is that if you have 2 players exactly the same in any of its aspects, it will not be competitive since both must do exactly the same and luck will say whoever will win, not really the skill as you think.
    Variety and room for improvement is what makes it competitive.
    I remember some war vs war battles in which they could not kill each other or die, only the one who got tired first won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    All they need to do to make honor somewhat fun is give their weapons passive procs. For example:

That way multiple players can have that verity of team or vs customization. Making each passive ability equal so not everyone uses the same build like they do with skills

As for pets. They can’t just release 1 more good pet, then everyone will use it. If you want diversity in pets, you’d have to give them different stats for each class for example:

Warrior pets:
    -HB
    -15str, 5int/5dex, 500 armor
    -50str 5% damage
    -10str/dex/int, 10% damage/damage reduction, 5%hp/mana

-AA
    -Spawns 2 pools healing allies within for 8 seconds 50 sec CD
    -Enhances all nearby allies +10% damage for 4 seconds 40 sec CD
    -Damages nearby enemies burn/bleed for 5 seconds 30 sec CD

That way the stats aren’t game changing nor the arcane abilities.

This would make it interesting imo. Give or take.

If this could work, although it sounds like a lot of work, it would bring a variety of strategies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

If this could work, although it sounds like a lot of work, it would bring a variety of strategies.
    This is 3 months of work for STS max. Anything more is just pure laziness. If you want to make it more interesting you can add 2 passives per weapon and buff honor gear stats by 30%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I do not know if I use the correct words, but I do not mean balance, what I mean is that if you have 2 players exactly the same in any of its aspects, it will not be competitive since both must do exactly the same and luck will say whoever will win, not really the skill as you think.
    Variety and room for improvement is what makes it competitive.
    I remember some war vs war battles in which they could not kill each other or die, only the one who got tired first won.
    Proc Chance is based on Luck. Winning by your procs is winning by luck. Equal opponents must not make mistakes, which takes skill. Now before people try to jump on that, im not against variety.. But the proc rates should be really high like skull axe. That would eliminate some of the luck you need to proc your items while adding variety. People may think in just talking to talk but i have been playing PvP on mmo games for nearly 20 years, Never really got into PvP on AL due to the proc system and the fact that there are better PvP experiences to be had elsewhere. Either way, golden king has some good examples, just make the proc rates high.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

It's already empty. I think the fact that it's honor makes it worse. Rogues just pierce around and kill each other. I can't even keep up with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Make a PVP where all set bonus, ultimate, order jewel, elixir are enabled, and also add a "PROC ALL" button that would recharge every 15 sec, now you ll get some crazy fast paced pvp!! Oh and also add a couple of bomb bot roaming the map to make it even more explosive!!!

Ps: i'm serious this is not a joke, i'm convinced this mode would be really fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Proc Chance is based on Luck. Winning by your procs is winning by luck. Equal opponents must not make mistakes, which takes skill. Now before people try to jump on that, im not against variety.. But the proc rates should be really high like skull axe. That would eliminate some of the luck you need to proc your items while adding variety. People may think in just talking to talk but i have been playing PvP on mmo games for nearly 20 years, Never really got into PvP on AL due to the proc system and the fact that there are better PvP experiences to be had elsewhere. Either way, golden king has some good examples, just make the proc rates high.
    You are talking about the last 3 or 4 expansions. There was a much more balanced pvp before that.
    After they added crazy proc, awaken, aa of pets with crazy multipliers, the pvp was dying little by little they even added ss 10 and 30, years after launching ss 50. In those days it was nice to play pvp, many had twinks.
    Then they started adding proc after proc and things got crazy. Instead of solving the problem, they continued to make it worse by adding low-level items and broken procs.
    Until they killed the twinks and then it's pvp as you know it now, which is only used by the pvp farmer for aps.
    I have no problem with procs anyway, they add variety but should be regulated and should be supportive, not to kill the enemy in one hit.
    I remember when the ebon was, it was reflex and your enemy would kill himself with one blow, how can someone play like that.
    On the other hand also as Patd said, having all the same skills, there are no surprises, everything becomes repetitive quickly. That is what I mean by competitive or challenging as well. Wait a few days and you will have a dead pvp again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Adding more speed and customize pet should be fine and game not so boring in honor imagine using same pet all day and walking like turtle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

What skill are you talking about? You have practically no game options .. xD
    And from my point of view it is easier to repair normal pvp, which also gives money and encourages you to buy platinum, than that honor pvp that gives nothing to anyone, nor does it bring new players, go play honor pvp and you will see what is dead that is.
    Even arena festerfang has more people playing it. They even buy the sets from that map.
    And of course the normal pvp is dead, there is a great imbalance, it has no lb and the aps were obsolete with the farmer pvp.
    I mean....what skill does normal PvP have at endgame ? Having better internet? 1-2 shotting each other? Lol. I'm going to assume you play tank, so you probably don't feel these issues as much. That's why we have honor, you have more time to set up combos and gear is available for everyone, so you have more people that can participate. If you go to normal PvP you'll find that it's dead as well so it's not just honor but PvP on general.

Now is honor perfect? No, far from it. It lacks the variety that normal PvP has, or rather, used to have. Would I prefer they improve honor or normal PvP? Both, but realistically improving honor PvP would piss off the least amount of people. PvP in this game is pretty broken, but most people don't want to admit it because they've invested too much already.

And Festerfang is a bad example. Of course there's more people, it's literally in the middle of town lmao. Plus you have nothing to lose by participating in it. It's all just for fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vqnities View Post
    I was just thinking this let’s try to take it up a notch rn we’re playing at the beginning of pvp started maybe we Goto how lvl 12-14 pvp was with weapon proc eloia bow lurid etc obviously not the same weapons but hopefully you get me

A tweak to general honor stats for the classes that need it and proper weapon proc balancing could be a nice thing and if they don’t just wanna throw it in the game maybe a public beta

I totally get what you mean, lvl 12-15 were extremely fun to play around the time PvP first launched. Procs like the ones you mentioned would also be fun to see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    I mean....what skill does normal PvP have at endgame ? Having better internet? 1-2 shotting each other? Lol. I'm going to assume you play tank, so you probably don't feel these issues as much. That's why we have honor, you have more time to set up combos and gear is available for everyone, so you have more people that can participate. If you go to normal PvP you'll find that it's dead as well so it's not just honor but PvP on general.

Now is honor perfect? No, far from it. It lacks the variety that normal PvP has, or rather, used to have. Would I prefer they improve honor or normal PvP? Both, but realistically improving honor PvP would piss off the least amount of people. PvP in this game is pretty broken, but most people don't want to admit it because they've invested too much already.

And Festerfang is a bad example. Of course there's more people, it's literally in the middle of town lmao. Plus you have nothing to lose by participating in it. It's all just for fun.
    Well I literally said normal pvp is dead, that's indisputable.
    And if you know the story, you will know that pvp honor was born, after normal pvp died completely even in twinks.
    They preferred to make a new mode (which is nothing more than a kind of pvp level 1 at full level) than to evaluate and fix the normal pvp errors that led to that game mode being like this.
    And what do you lose in honor? People have all the equipment, pets and it is also for fun and still people do not go. Don't even count the kdr.
    It's pretty clear that don't like this honor pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

They preferred to make a new mode (which is nothing more than a kind of pvp level 1 at full level) than to evaluate and fix the normal pvp errors that led to that game mode being like this.
    I'm pretty sure if it was simple they could have fixed it, but they didn't because it's likely (as I already stated in my previous comment) the solution would have caused outrage. Even before honor was introduced PvP was dying. Starting on a clean slate (honor PvP) and improving the it as time goes by was the right way to go imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

And what do you lose in honor? People have all the equipment, pets and it is also for fun and still people do not go. Don't even count the kdr.
    It's pretty clear that don't like this honor pvp.
    1) You still have more people playing honor (ranked/unranked) PvP than normal PvP so your last point doesn't really stand

2) Not a fair comparison. Like I said it's literally a town the people playing are readily available...going to the circle to fight is just more convenient. It's just a fun interactive area. There's no points, no rounds, no waiting for someone to join. Just readily available area for people to have fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Lmao this thread
    1. honor is alive. At certain times at least
    2. your character can kill other characters of other class. But...
    3. you all want a build "to rule them all"
    That's all very wrong.
    At a higher levels honor matches are not about if you "play good", are about which team makes the less mistakes. One misstimed curse means 3 deaths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I'm pretty sure if it was simple they could have fixed it, but they didn't because it's likely (as I already stated in my previous comment) the solution would have caused outrage. Even before honor was introduced PvP was dying. Starting on a clean slate (honor PvP) and improving the it as time goes by was the right way to go imo.
    1) You still have more people playing honor (ranked/unranked) PvP than normal PvP so your last point doesn't really stand

2) Not a fair comparison. Like I said it's literally a town the people playing are readily available...going to the circle to fight is just more convenient. It's just a fun interactive area. There's no points, no rounds, no waiting for someone to join. Just readily available area for people to have fun.
    So that they are not indignant, did they kill the normal pvp?
    Please speak with facts.
    How long does it take honor? What did they improve?
    The only thing they did since it was launched was to go up set 76 to set 81.

1- I think you have a reading problem, I've literally been saying in all my posts that normal pvp is dead.
    And who plays honor? the lb manipulators? who agree to play at a certain time. Most of the time you can't even get in.

2- Fair or not fair you have more people there than in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The only reason pvp is dead is because it has nothing going on if they made this normal pvp people would be in there

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post

-bleed/burn much difference? omg, probably it will be different animation, how could I forget about effects lol
    -freeze 3 seconds/stun 2 seconds? hmm... enemy disabled for 3 seconds or 2?
    -chance to ignore armor ... ? honor armor is almost 0 lol

Keep your 'chances' and other mentioned shet for normal pvp lvl66+ (It's when pvp started to 'die', since tainted sets 66 and all those "chances" including chances to get good awakes), honor had been created to avoid all that bs, and is ok now as it is, just some more damage/hp for mages/warriors (imo), and its perfect.
    Last edited by -Rogue-; 12-02-2021 at 04:23 PM.