Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Underlying Issues That Need To Be Addressed For The Long Term Betterment Of DL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Exclamation Underlying Issues That Need To Be Addressed For The Long Term Betterment Of DL

In the previous post I made , I spoke about the things that we would like to have added to this year's winterfest but before we get that, I'd like to point out a few issues that may or may not have been referenced on this forum that have been overlooked and implore that these issues be looked into and that hopefully some of the suggestions that will be made by myself and others who might post on this thread will be seriously considered because while by now all of us know that DL is headed in a different direction with the updates and events that we've gotten this year but for everything to progress and be balanced these issues need to be addressed once and for all. I'd like to also add as a disclaimer that this post isn't to bash or spread hate toward certain people but rather to reveal the current state of things so cinco and the developers are aware of it and take needed action to resolve and take counter measures to prevent some of the stuff that'll be spoken about in this thread so that said , lets delve into it and I'd like to start by mentioning the first issue which is :

Inflation and the scourge of autofarming bots : This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has been actively playing this year that prices have gone crazy and now most items that were being sold at relatively reasonable prices as at February are all of a sudden out of reach to the average player and a few examples of items that have gone up in price suddenly are:
    Helix {used to cost max gold - 1.5b} -> {present price : 2.3 - 2.5b}
    Firestar {used to cost 280m - 350m} -> { present price : 800 - 900m}
    Ravagers { used to cost 300m} -> { present price : 700m}
    Undead Antlers { used to cost 100-150m} -> { present price : 400-500m}
    These are a few prime examples of items that used to be sold for decent prices based on their rarity but nowadays the prices have jumped so much that it's ridiculous and this is due to 2 factors , one of which is certain individuals who have decided to ruin the value of gold by using bots to abuse the gold maps in the university hills , constantly farming 24/7 with an almost perfect gl sets and since they're making close to half a billion on a weekly basis and of course merchants are aware of this , so the prices are being jacked up and now it's gotten to what it is presently coupled with the fact that a lot of hoarding of a few of these items including the ones mentioned above is going on big time so the extra artificial scarcity created doesn't particularly help matters either and as a result of these activities taking place the general public suffers as a result because since gold doesn't have much value as a result of this activity and most vanity items aren't even considered for addition when buying these things , you have people paying 2.5b in pure gold for items like helix (3 transfers) which of course from past experiences in 2018 resulted in a lot of people either almost getting scammed doing these trades or most times getting scammed and things are well on course to return to the way they were after the inflation which happened in the aftermath of the second gold event back in 2018 or probably even worse this time.

I have a few suggestions which could be used to curb the effect of this present mess that's become of the market and they include :

Getting Rid of the university Maps: At first , the bringing back of the old school maps seemed like a good idea but the constant abuse of the gold maps ( class crown and homecoming) by the same set of individuals have proved otherwise and while I enjoy farming those maps I think it's best to do away with those maps for the well being and balance of things moving forward because most of these individuals perpetrating this autofarm bot scandal have been banned multiple times but they've shown no signs of relenting as has been shown by the present state of things and instead of those maps , we could have a new extension open world type map that's probably gonna have an entry from somewhere in old town with high gold payouts and some mini dungeon sort of similar to black cat that will lead back to the main map once the dungeon is completed but with excellent gold payout . That way , since it's open world and multiplayer anyone botting can be easily spotted and reported so they're gotten rid of because I don't remember anyone using bots to farm and abuse gold maps when everyone farmed in old town so I think it would be best if the gold maps are gotten rid of ( not necessarily being removed but the payout rates should be toned all the way down since those maps were mainly for the lore and achievements and should serve only that purpose at this point ) and then a new extension open world map that's old town esque be used to replace it.

Making the old event items tradeable as well as providing more gold drains : I've spoken about this time and time again and others have also called for all the old event items from 2018 to be made tradeable as a way to drag the outrageous prices back to normalcy as well as making people have more options to add in big trades besides using just gold and while some people who want to collect them can get them for a nominal fee as there's people who'll gladly sell since they don't use most of those things anymore and for the most part they're just sitting in their inventories collecting dust and while there's the argument that some people paid platinum for the trade friendly versions of those event rewards , I'd like to point out that first off, the amount of people who paid platinum for those items are basically a drop in the bucket and also most of them got banned with those items so that leaves us with 99.9% of people holding character bound versions and maybe one or two people holding the trade friendly versions and setting ridiculous prices because of course no one else besides them have ownership of those things so it would be probably best to make the character bound versions of old event items tradeable ( events from 2018 to be precise) to balance the prices and add diversity to the economy.
    As for gold drains , I'd suggest that more gold drains be added because at present , the only gold drain we have is the forge and apparently it isn't enough to keep the gold balance because there's more people making gold than the number of people burning it away in the forge so probably more NPC's should be added to take away gold and keep the balance that we so badly need .
    These are just a few things that need urgent attention and need to be fixed so that while more changes are being made to take the game in a new direction , the transition can be smooth and not be hampered ... If there's anything that anyone thinks needs to be addressed as well, please feel free to comment about it and hope that the devs see this and take the needed action to make the playing experience enjoyable for everyone
    peace.
    Do not despair , Destiny makes slaves of us all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Bad idea about the bots. Even like this they can play again. All the normal farmers they lose. They win only who they play events and they never farm!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valiaddevil View Post
    Bad idea about the bots. Even like this they can play again. All the normal farmers they lose. They win only who they play events and they never farm!
    I gave solutions about what could be done to reduce the rate at which that happens . Do you have any other ideas or suggestions about what could be done ? Since my idea is so bad ? If no , then I don't think you should be here talking smack about my suggestions .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evildantee View Post
    In the previous post I made , I spoke about the things that we would like to have added to this year's winterfest but before we get that, I'd like to point out a few issues that may or may not have been referenced on this forum that have been overlooked and implore that these issues be looked into and that hopefully some of the suggestions that will be made by myself and others who might post on this thread will be seriously considered because while by now all of us know that DL is headed in a different direction with the updates and events that we've gotten this year but for everything to progress and be balanced these issues need to be addressed once and for all. I'd like to also add as a disclaimer that this post isn't to bash or spread hate toward certain people but rather to reveal the current state of things so cinco and the developers are aware of it and take needed action to resolve and take counter measures to prevent some of the stuff that'll be spoken about in this thread so that said , lets delve into it and I'd like to start by mentioning the first issue which is :

Inflation and the scourge of autofarming bots : This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has been actively playing this year that prices have gone crazy and now most items that were being sold at relatively reasonable prices as at February are all of a sudden out of reach to the average player and a few examples of items that have gone up in price suddenly are:
    Helix {used to cost max gold - 1.5b} -> {present price : 2.3 - 2.5b}
    Firestar {used to cost 280m - 350m} -> { present price : 800 - 900m}
    Ravagers { used to cost 300m} -> { present price : 700m}
    Undead Antlers { used to cost 100-150m} -> { present price : 400-500m}
    These are a few prime examples of items that used to be sold for decent prices based on their rarity but nowadays the prices have jumped so much that it's ridiculous and this is due to 2 factors , one of which is certain individuals who have decided to ruin the value of gold by using bots to abuse the gold maps in the university hills , constantly farming 24/7 with an almost perfect gl sets and since they're making close to half a billion on a weekly basis and of course merchants are aware of this , so the prices are being jacked up and now it's gotten to what it is presently coupled with the fact that a lot of hoarding of a few of these items including the ones mentioned above is going on big time so the extra artificial scarcity created doesn't particularly help matters either and as a result of these activities taking place the general public suffers as a result because since gold doesn't have much value as a result of this activity and most vanity items aren't even considered for addition when buying these things , you have people paying 2.5b in pure gold for items like helix (3 transfers) which of course from past experiences in 2018 resulted in a lot of people either almost getting scammed doing these trades or most times getting scammed and things are well on course to return to the way they were after the inflation which happened in the aftermath of the second gold event back in 2018 or probably even worse this time.

I have a few suggestions which could be used to curb the effect of this present mess that's become of the market and they include :

Getting Rid of the university Maps: At first , the bringing back of the old school maps seemed like a good idea but the constant abuse of the gold maps ( class crown and homecoming) by the same set of individuals have proved otherwise and while I enjoy farming those maps I think it's best to do away with those maps for the well being and balance of things moving forward because most of these individuals perpetrating this autofarm bot scandal have been banned multiple times but they've shown no signs of relenting as has been shown by the present state of things and instead of those maps , we could have a new extension open world type map that's probably gonna have an entry from somewhere in old town with high gold payouts and some mini dungeon sort of similar to black cat that will lead back to the main map once the dungeon is completed but with excellent gold payout . That way , since it's open world and multiplayer anyone botting can be easily spotted and reported so they're gotten rid of because I don't remember anyone using bots to farm and abuse gold maps when everyone farmed in old town so I think it would be best if the gold maps are gotten rid of ( not necessarily being removed but the payout rates should be toned all the way down since those maps were mainly for the lore and achievements and should serve only that purpose at this point ) and then a new extension open world map that's old town esque be used to replace it.

Making the old event items tradeable as well as providing more gold drains : I've spoken about this time and time again and others have also called for all the old event items from 2018 to be made tradeable as a way to drag the outrageous prices back to normalcy as well as making people have more options to add in big trades besides using just gold and while some people who want to collect them can get them for a nominal fee as there's people who'll gladly sell since they don't use most of those things anymore and for the most part they're just sitting in their inventories collecting dust and while there's the argument that some people paid platinum for the trade friendly versions of those event rewards , I'd like to point out that first off, the amount of people who paid platinum for those items are basically a drop in the bucket and also most of them got banned with those items so that leaves us with 99.9% of people holding character bound versions and maybe one or two people holding the trade friendly versions and setting ridiculous prices because of course no one else besides them have ownership of those things so it would be probably best to make the character bound versions of old event items tradeable ( events from 2018 to be precise) to balance the prices and add diversity to the economy.
    As for gold drains , I'd suggest that more gold drains be added because at present , the only gold drain we have is the forge and apparently it isn't enough to keep the gold balance because there's more people making gold than the number of people burning it away in the forge so probably more NPC's should be added to take away gold and keep the balance that we so badly need .
    These are just a few things that need urgent attention and need to be fixed so that while more changes are being made to take the game in a new direction , the transition can be smooth and not be hampered ... If there's anything that anyone thinks needs to be addressed as well, please feel free to comment about it and hope that the devs see this and take the needed action to make the playing experience enjoyable for everyone
    peace.
    It is very impossible for a Newbie to play Dark Legends now.
    Please see to this thread devs. The facts that Evildantee is keeping here are very serious, and I have agreed with the solutions.

We do want Rare items to be traded , but the prices should stay the same everytime we trade it for gold / something else.

The way the "fake scarcity" of items makes trash items look rare is very much happening, + the hoarders helping in rising the prices upto a certain point.

This rare item market will destroy DL's economy. It's guaranteed as players can observe what is happening.

Only the devs can handle this now or maybe it will be too late to talk about this later.

Events are fine. Think about the newbies, how hard it becomes for them to start off late among all of us who are trading in billions.
    More Inflation, more hard for players to trade.
    Let's not be greedy. And not offer fake high prices to just push the price system up. It's a scam being done by a few players.

The rich gets richer, and poor cannot make up to that point ever due to these scammers, hoarders, and fake pricing system.

Lot of things to be fixed, but before them, there's an urgency for this, or else it's gonna be worse.
    #Rare item market = #Scam
    ❤️ MR. SAI ❤️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I had to add this to show you what some individuals are setting the prices of items at and they're demanding only liquid gold for those things . These people stay buying stuff either using cash or trading Al items for them which is against the TOS and then they set the prices criminally high . This is just one of many sir.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

More gold sinks is a good idea.

Removing maps entirely is a bad idea; better to reduce the gold. Your proposal does more harm to those with less gold and practically nothing to those with max gold. I'm sure you see what I mean.

On bots, I must insist that you report players that you suspect of using macros or employing 'bots.' So far as I know we're not sitting on a bunch of botting reports... so please use the official channels (https://support.spacetimestudios.com...s/requests/new) to let us know when you see players that are violating the terms. Nothing will chill the inflation like an army of botters getting perma-banned. Thanks in advance :-)

With respect to prices - as you've seen, we've got items that return and items that don't. The items that don't come back are the ones with stratospheric pricing. As players you could do a couple of things here. You could not purchase these items, forcing the holder to sit on their 'investment' with a faulty price. Or you could purchase them for their asking price and ask for a higher price when you re-sell... which continues the cycle of inflation. Development-wise I could, of course, re-release the super rare items in mass quantity and flatly destroy the value... but I have resisted this because having a valuable item and asking a high price doesn't automatically make you a bad person ;-)

Let's see what gold sinks will arise from the shadows in the coming year, and let's have more activity on the Customer Service reporting / ticket-submission side of things so we can keep Dark Legends fun for everyone.

Looking forward to a fun new Winter event this year, also btw! :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

Removing maps entirely is a bad idea; better to reduce the gold. Your proposal does more harm to those with less gold and practically nothing to those with max gold. I'm sure you see what I mean.

On bots, I must insist that you report players that you suspect of using macros or employing 'bots.' So far as I know we're not sitting on a bunch of botting reports... so please use the official channels (https://support.spacetimestudios.com...s/requests/new) to let us know when you see players that are violating the terms. Nothing will chill the inflation like an army of botters getting perma-banned. Thanks in advance :-)

With respect to prices - as you've seen, we've got items that return and items that don't. The items that don't come back are the ones with stratospheric pricing. As players you could do a couple of things here. You could not purchase these items, forcing the holder to sit on their 'investment' with a faulty price. Or you could purchase them for their asking price and ask for a higher price when you re-sell... which continues the cycle of inflation. Development-wise I could, of course, re-release the super rare items in mass quantity and flatly destroy the value... but I have resisted this because having a valuable item and asking a high price doesn't automatically make you a bad person ;-)

Let's see what gold sinks will arise from the shadows in the coming year, and let's have more activity on the Customer Service reporting / ticket-submission side of things so we can keep Dark Legends fun for everyone.

Thanks for acknowledging our outcry about the current state of things in the game sir and I hope that the gold can be reduced but not to an extent that it harms the legit farmers or on second thought you could eliminate the option of running solo in those maps and make it only multi or just make the map random kind of like how it is in arcane legends which would handicap them and prevent them from botting because it seems like no matter how many times they get banned they keep returning and ruining things not just for other players but for you as well sir because these people employing bots don't just farm the gold and sit on it but they sell it for crazy amounts of cash . Some people I heard paid as much as 200$ to these people for max gold and while sending reports about these people is easy since I know a lot of them who do this and not just in the gold maps but even in the gauntlet events .. It's kind of difficult to get proof because they're running solo but the grapevine is abuzz with news of their activity so hopefully you can still take a look into the reports and carry out investigations (maybe check server backlogs for active accounts and their activity in those maps , just a suggestion) and hopefully clamp down on them ...As for the rare items we're not asking for them to come back for platinum but the character bound versions should be made tradeable because as you stated , the first option of buying for the asking price of the sellers and reselling for a higher price only continues the cycle of inflation and we're seeing it play out now so maybe you could just open up the account bound versions so more sellers will be available but then the prices will go down organically or if you deem it fit you could crash the prices completely by bringing them back for plat but I'll leave that to your judgement but once again thank you for paying attention to us sir ... We'll proceed with reports soon enough..
    Last edited by Evildantee; 12-08-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

I like the way how you said a new fun winter event Thanks Cinco, we are more excited for this now !

Other than it, a solution can be totally removing Trade System from the game. So, people will only buy and sell via Auction.
    Auction supports only max Gold.

Other than that, Increasing Gold spending for Blood Forge , or Blood Packs, or Elixirs , in Proportion to the Amount of Gold you have saved in your Total alts in the account.

Thanks for considering this Lots of love to STS ! ❤️
    Last edited by Mr.Sai; 12-08-2021 at 12:33 PM.
    ❤️ MR. SAI ❤️

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Sai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evildantee View Post
    I gave solutions about what could be done to reduce the rate at which that happens . Do you have any other ideas or suggestions about what could be done ? Since my idea is so bad ? If no , then I don't think you should be here talking smack about my suggestions .
    hey man um

if there's one thing I've learnt is that if ya want to win don't be a idiot... Valiaddevil (i don't know who u are and i hope we never meet unless ur already my friend and using a alt to hide ur actual name that's a different story) comment is correct ur telling cinco to be fair to the average players who are poor and the new players who are already poor NOT taking into view that the players who went to the top had to work hard somewhere or another

lets take Qokill for an example she sells , she buys and then she sells again I've seen it with my own eyes and so has everyone its not something that's hidden but that girl is hardworking in her own way while others are just screaming to make the game one button i win yay!

ur idea about the pricing as well as the ground floor removing of the maps is a terrible idea as you will be taking away players income like me for an example if things go to 25 gold drop or lets say 10k per run why? just why? u mean to say the 700 million gold I've spent forging my weapons and gems to get 1840 GL on my entire set would go to waste and there are many others i know of whose own gold would go to waste

now here's an idea if you had introduced EARLIER in your text maybe cinco could have taking it into consideration

a type of dailies systems and weeklies that is rewarding to new players helping them to be at least average

for an example
    play ... to attain Dark manic mask (tradeable) if the player is smart he will utilize this if not that's his problem

also the idea you have introduced is to BENEFIT u and also those lazy **** in the game instead of being greedy work for it... there's no shortcuts in life and i learnt that the hard way

let me explain a small thing
    i enter basketball and immediately I stand among the pros although i don't know anything what would happen to me?
    nothing they wont even bother passing the ball to me do you see what i mean like in order to grow in order to know and in order to be i need to start from the basics

another example to put it through ur head
    I lent 4m gold to a NEW PLAYER which i can make in 1 hour if i don't miss the time
    i then gave her tips on what is what and what costs what and further passed her to a friend who knew how to merch if she had to ask questions?
    that same player today is much richer than me

and dude.. as far as SMACK TALKING is looked at..

the words you wrote
    "please feel free to comment about it"
    don't write that **** instead send it to cinco privately
    I've to written **** before and i realized that **** talk just gets my post lower in the gutter and no one reads it unless for entertainment

oh and please don't msg me i don't care i just responded to the
    "please feel free to comment about it"
    part of your comment u idiot...
    V Elite V Discord Server!
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sai View Post
    I like the way how you said a new fun winter event Thanks Cinco, we are more excited for this now !

Other than it, a solution can be totally removing Trade System from the game. So, people will only buy and sell via Auction.
    Auction supports only max Gold.

Other than that, Increasing Gold spending for Blood Forge , or Blood Packs, or Elixirs , in Proportion to the Amount of Gold you have saved in your Total alts in the account.

Thanks for considering this Lots of love to STS ! ❤️
    other than that we can increase game stats of all players and make the game extremely pay to win

other than that we can even send DL.exe to the trash folder

and then other than that we can burn down the STS DL company and do the fire dance...

hahaha Mr.Sai your post really had me laughing literally that's a LEGIT funny thing u did been so long since I've laughed to a post that's actually funny
    V Elite V Discord Server!
    !Click Here to Join!-----> https://discord.gg/hQHKx5cE47 <-----!Click Here to Join!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lo que esta gente no entiende es que cada quien pone el precio que quiera
    Malo es uno si lo compran a ese precio. Ejemplo si pongo una arma a 10 m ok todo bien
    Pero si luego la pongo a 20 m y lo compran no pasa nada
    Ok alguen la comprara o lo dejara como esta la gente tiene que entender que el que
    Pone lo precios son los jugadores no los npc y menos en aution. Un consejo lo que sube un dia bajara
    Nel😑