View Poll Results: Leveling-up a new character in Arcane Legends today is...

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOO HARD! The effort is too much. It takes too long. Grinding is fine and all but.. come on!

25 45.45%
  • JUST FINE! It's supposed to take time and effort otherwise it's meaningless. Leave it alone!

24 43.64%
  • TOO EASY! If you know what you're doing it's like you can max your toon by mistake in under an hour. Bring back meaningful grind!

6 10.91%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Poll - Forum-Think: It's TOO EASY to level-up? Or is it TOO HARD??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    I voted Fine as Is, but that isn’t quite accurate. The journey needs more interest.(perhaps more quests per map or items). Previously mentioned, allow a broader range of levels to play together. Events aimed at lower maps. Stop scaling event bosses to endgame. Oh, and stop the “fast cap” mentality. The expansion might have kept interest/lasted longer than 5 days.

P.S. That fuzzy warm outfit better be available for me! (Not LB item) or rilly might jaunt over to Tejas n ruff u up!
    You are correct here, I made a video on explaining the leveling system and why it is messed up currently. Level 1-60 it is fun and adventurous as you progress through the game but once you hit level 60 thats when the game becomes a chore. Repeat daily quests until 81. The game is a rollercoaster that starts at the top then goes down as you fly past levels up to 60, once at level 60 you have to climb the coaster until lv 81 and there is no going down again. The system needs to become a bridge, steady fun advancements where people can level and enjoy the game learning new stuff. Lots of stuff missing for lower levels that would make the game fun, for me I vote all 3 options. Its easy starting off sort of stable around level 30-50 and lv 60+ too hard. People get used to leveling fast then get hit with leveling slow.
    @Cinco do watch this video. This is a solo perspective since its rare these days for people to find parties or people in the same map with similar levels as they are. I am posting with a realistic point of view.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 12-08-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

if u have a lot of experience and gold its fine but still a little tidious
    for everyone else definitely takes too long and is boring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

It isn’t about “hard or easy” it needs to be said who for

It’s about attracting and keeping new players
    Not if a billionaire vet can level a alt quick- that’s irrelevant

Stop scaling event bosses to endgame.
    Do you remember the army of bots?
    Waves of new low level toons would run content and stash then delete n start over
    If events don’t discourage very low levels it will be exploited by macro bot armies
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 12-08-2021 at 08:15 PM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

@Stephancobear, I thought randomizing maps stopped that issue. All about endgame is like being rats in a maze, run to the end or starve. When I have time to read I look for books over 500 pages, cuz shorter stories aren’t satisfying outside of a waiting area. I’ve read TLOR in its entirety 3 times.... not the last chapter over n over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Guys for real, what’s the point of grinding the same old dailies every single day, It’s not like everyday is different cuz you’re literally repeating the same actions everyday which means nothing, I would suggest to keep it lower or leave it as it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

@Stephancobear, I thought randomizing maps stopped that issue.
    It stopped a lot of that, but imagine:
    U can grind to endgame, slog n then get a good set, then run end game

OR

Start a new low level who benefits from a free luck elix, & doesn’t need millions worth of gear

which is an exploitive chump gonna do, & what’s that do to inflation?
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When can we get that vanity vest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

too hard , i work 11hrs a day , 5 days a week . cant seem to find the time to cap . so i just play twink and do events .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I mean lvl 76-81 took like 3days, and felt like easy with all possible elixirs, pets and xp bonus.

But for my lover level rogue i had for months, kinda got bored at lvl 47 and its stuck. Kinda have to do yourself 1-76, before u start finding teams for (some quests), but i feel for early gameplay it would be important people to group up and realy feel the game, not just solo everything.

How the mapping works, if you like 81 and go in, only like up to 76lvls can find you in same map. But its problem cus rly cant put 81 and low lvl in either, cause speed/damage u do, the low lvls wont realy catch up with you.

And for lower lvls, ofc what keep people in pve, is rewards and potential loot, but lvling up to like 76, you dont realy have chance doing maps that give you good loot, what makes harder to obtain decent gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

For new players it is definitely too quick at first. Getting to level 50 in a couple of hours is confusing for them.
    Getting to Kraag is fine and that's when it all goes pear shaped.
    By the time they are in dead city, they qualify for Nordr and soon after, Shuyal and Tindirin. It's all down to xp given by quests.
    This means that they farm no kills and worse they miss a lot of the best part of the game.
    We're not voting for old players or hc players, think about new players who have never played before. Remember how it was?
    Keep the advancement kits because there is nothing for them to farm. Get eggs to drop, not expensive ones, that would cause exploitation.
    When they reach level 60, maybe then speed things up. By then they will have learned how to use the xp lixes etc but from level 60 onwards it is way too long and boring. Put the xp up for quests after level 60. It doesn't hurt for them to rush up to cap after this level.
    Events are harsh for low levels as someone else mentioned. They get all excited about an event and then find out they can't play it.
    You'll sort it Cinco. Just have a go as if you was a brand new player.
    Your jumper is nice by the way...for a toon, not sure about real life. 🙂 Just being truthful.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I think there can be other way to gaining xp other than grinding and daily quest.

What I can think of alternatives are getting xp by crafting, by slotting awakening gems and xp can be gained by fully awakening a gear.

I would also suggest to utilize nightmare raid map for some xp gain idea such as defeating map within certain time window can grant certain xp.
    I feel like the nightmare map is now basically abandoned by majority which is a big lost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

cool winter sweater

please no bald heads for winter , have alot of caps with no hair in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's fine the way it is we have been doing this for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Well, because i don't know if more HC aps will be add in the future i will have to vote "Too hard",
    if i was sure no more HC aps would be add in the future i would vote "Just fine"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It’s pretty fair “If you wanna put the time & effort into leveling” that’s what’s puts people off tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Lets be practical leveling should be easy and swift because the heart of arcane legends is on endgame. Its easy currently but better if easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

In my experience it is too hard to leveling especially for those who just started the game, even when you have decreased the exp amount needed for leveling those new players are still stuck and having hard time to level up. I have seen some friends that are stuck around lvl 60+ because those maps at that level are so hard. For those who think that leveling is too easy, i think it is because they already understand about the game, have a good friend or guild to help, or have good items to support them level up. but for new players they will be confused when leveling because they get stuck at a certain level. after all the main features of AL are now endgme. So i think we need to make it easier to level up so all can enjoy the game together.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ever since quest exp has been added lower level areas have become useless. You can level fro level 1 to 60 in a day and only near endgame does the leveling require a bit more effort. This is because stacked exp elixers help you get sometimes over 40k exp for a single exp quest.

This also makes old dungeons useless. Once a player has passed brackenridge for example there is almost no reason (besides some side quests) to return to those areas. So yeah I think the leveling system right now is wrong and exp quests should just be removed again.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheackezig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

So, 1-60 is easy, 60 to 81 is hard. Leave 1-60 alone or make it a bit harder/take more time. Then make the rest easier. Thin mobs, reduce stuns.... open maus floors..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheackezig View Post
    Ever since quest exp has been added lower level areas have become useless. You can level fro level 1 to 60 in a day and only near endgame does the leveling require a bit more effort. This is because stacked exp elixers help you get sometimes over 40k exp for a single exp quest.

This also makes old dungeons useless. Once a player has passed brackenridge for example there is almost no reason (besides some side quests) to return to those areas. So yeah I think the leveling system right now is wrong and exp quests should just be removed again.
    very true Cheack, if the new player gets to Kraag City, they can go straight up from 10/15 to lvl 45+, maybe 65+ if you are experienced player. The fun part of leveling up old days is when playing through maps and story lines. Now it is gone since the XP curve is lowered too much and the quest XP is huge.
    IGN: Pyroflame/Forerunnerr