View Poll Results: Leveling-up a new character in Arcane Legends today is...

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • TOO HARD! The effort is too much. It takes too long. Grinding is fine and all but.. come on!

25 45.45%
  • JUST FINE! It's supposed to take time and effort otherwise it's meaningless. Leave it alone!

24 43.64%
  • TOO EASY! If you know what you're doing it's like you can max your toon by mistake in under an hour. Bring back meaningful grind!

6 10.91%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Poll - Forum-Think: It's TOO EASY to level-up? Or is it TOO HARD??!

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

When I choose to play a new game I don't care if I dont level too quickly as long as I'm having fun. In al leveling is too repetitive I guess(after level 60ish maybe)..like there's nothing motivating enough to do other than mindless grinding in low level zones until you hit cap..the loot you get is almost always trash. It'll be super hard to get gold cuz no methods to make gold which are easly doable for a new player. Also the auction can be very overwhelming.

Idk if this is a proper suggestion but a set of progressive quests with gold/weapon rewards or XP can be motivating.
    Like get 5k/10k/20k kills with gold/stronger than average dropped weapon as rewards.
    Or maybe some other stuff that will be worth grinding in lower levers..in al you can't check wiki for guidance and forums are a mess for new players. Ingame players with experience will help but only if asked and you don't get matchmaking with high level players.
    Also a tutorial to auction and how to use it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Imo too easy, in the past we had 2-5k gaps til 1 lvl before the lvl cap. Example:
    From lv16 to 17, 4k xp
    From lv17 to 18, 4k xp
    From lv18 to 19, 4k xp
    From lv19 to 20, 4k xp
    From lv20 to 21, 28k xp,

Maybe it is a nice way of reimplementing the old XP lvl system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lvl 1-60 is a breezwee wverything after that gets hard because of gear people can get lv 60 in one day that obv wour be enough time to learn how to make gold etc etc maybe make low leveling a bit harder / complex

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I think the most discouraging thing about leveling for a new player is if they dont have the money for plat and they watch people level up with it. I know back in the day after I had grinded for what seemed like forever to get to level 40 something that i was pretty ticked to see people way behind me all of a sudden a ton of levels past me. Also, what would really help would be if end gamers would make it a point to run with the new comers and make them feel more welcome. One thing that makes me mad though is if a low level asks for help and then stands there while i do all the work. thats not gonna happen. Anyways, I dont think leveling is to hard I just think people are generally lazy now days. I know I have became that way in alot of aspects of life. technology will do that to you. Im working on it. I say leave leveling like it is, get rid of the level up for plat feature, and lets all help the yearlings. Im through talking now. your welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Delete all xp elixirs , add more quests only way to fix it if u want no big dif between new players and experience players.

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nexior View Post
    Delete all xp elixirs , add more quests only way to fix it if u want no big dif between new players and experience players.

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    I 2nd that…….

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

For me, the process of getting to end game isn’t super challenging. That said, I’ve played this game for a bit of time…

My issue for the new players is that it’s pretty expensive to break through once you reach end game.

The only path to a viable party composition, decent gear (awakenings), is through the spending of real world money.

Some just can’t swing that…others are more fortunate.

My one hope is that your team decides to add access to gold purchasable awakenings year round, with the “special” awakening kits requiring plat. Awakening events are few and far between, and that fastest way to advance the game for all players is by making progression assessable.

I can pretty much assure you that the sink would overflow, and plat purchase would 100% increase with more access. I know for certain that I would spend more if I was able to add an extra % here and there…not simply on awaken events…

That said, you would see a more diverse leaderboard, more competition for those competing for those spots, and ultimately, more time played by a ton of players.

Just my take. Super grateful for how much progress your team has made this year. Your engaging the community alone, is leaps and bounds ahead of where you once were.

Happy holidays to all arlorians and the entire sts team, you all are amazing!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

For experienced player it can be easy in my opinion... You can buy good gear even if you wanna start new char you can easily be lvl max cuz you can buy good gear or someone/your friend can help to clear the map/boss (or someone that buy plat can just Lvl up to 75 by buying the Lvl up pack... And 75-81 will be easy for them... Like the people that reach to 81 in just a day during the expansion)

But for new player it will be a Lil bit hard cuz they have no idea what/how to do the quest + the map endgame (gy, fester and other) is pretty hard for the new player to break through without good gear......and also they don't usually have even enough gold to buy xp elix... I feel all this situation before when I first playing the game

I frequently saw some newbie begging in town to ask help them clearing some map for them... Not trying to look kind but sometimes I do help them but not all the time honestly cuz I have something else to do too...

This is just my opinion... Don't hate me XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

In hard core . It is way harder to do solo . Kindly add some equipment vender like from black ridge to equip us with hear .. for expedition camp map . Maybe include a belt and arti for hc free to play players to be able to purchase with gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Maybe the gift pack legendary items could have a bonus set that grants the user some movement speed.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    I can't help it, all I hear when you're crying is laughs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Way to easy, but very boring. I especially for anything under level 71. No one in these maps anymore.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysonline View Post
    Way to easy, but very boring. I especially for anything under level 71. No one in these maps anymore.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    @Cinco Where is the x2? Xp why do you want a and a X2 on January 1? They should or should have put it today 30 to end 31 !!!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I recently came back and I personally like how fast leveling is. I would personally add stronger gear into the leveling chests, especially past level 60 because that's where the maps get stronger and the gear from chests isn't enough. Maybe add some nice pets to it as well.

It can indeed be confusing for new players but I think it's fine as it is.

What is a little bit boring is that maps are empty almost all the time (especially past level 70) and you need to stick to daily quests everyday. Maybe adding more dailies so there's more variation could be an option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Get a bunch of new players and see how fast they quit playing. Garetta glintstone and fester you have new players ( witch I'm guessing this post is directed at ) all asking for help and get none not to mention mobs in garetta will stun new players to death. Fester map alone with legendary crate gear does near to nothing dmg to fester mobs .and any gold they get is used on health pots playing from a new character getting 1m gold is near impossible with out events on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newzealand View Post
    Get a bunch of new players and see how fast they quit playing. Garetta glintstone and fester you have new players ( witch I'm guessing this post is directed at ) all asking for help and get none not to mention mobs in garetta will stun new players to death. Fester map alone with legendary crate gear does near to nothing dmg to fester mobs .and any gold they get is used on health pots playing from a new character getting 1m gold is near impossible with out events on
    Agreed ! Maybe its easy for someone Who got experience in the game...for New People they are having a hard time to lvl up...i saw many newbie asking help for maps especially Graveyard,Fester,Mogera they were lucky if someone help them....i myself felt this when i first started playing...i cant even do map starting from graveyard cuz of bad gear (no gold to buy good gear & also no gold to buy elix or maybe cant watch ads) but im thankful i got a helpful guildies that help me go through all the maps and quest before :>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sheeesh I forgot all about mogera and graveyard. For current players with gear and gold to move to new characters lvling is beyond easy specially with x2 xp .I myself am a plat buyer and I plat lvl my toons and take them to 81 on a 0kdr with in3 hrs I'm 75-81. For new players this is not possible they have to wait 1month for offers to appear to even have a chance at getting somewhere in game. For all new players once your plat offers are open plat lvl a toon open all xp lixs and you won't needa do mogera. grave yard. Or fester map to hit 81 from plat lvl75.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say its just ok. If u play really hard and spend lot of time, you can get lv 81 in 2 weeks. But if not, maybe a month. And lv max at this game is not THAT a big deal.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Leveling up as a new player in AL is only easy up until you reach Glintstone and Underhul content. You need a decent gear or party to play these maps. It’s very hard to find a decent party in the higher level maps let alone the low level ones.

Plus, there is nothing to farm to improve your gear. Best you can do is jewel farm as a f2p, but you have to unlock traders permit to start selling your farmed jewels. And you unlock the permit around Day 2 (you get 10 story tokens in one of the side quest). This method is also slow and complicated for new players and most of the time don’t know about it. Most of the time they just log-in for the quests and get gold from there.

Most of the new players I see stop playing around level 60 because content gets too hard or it gets too boring because literally the only thing they do is log in for the day do the easy quests for xp and log out. Rinse and repeat til they reach max cap.

Events are also omega hard for low level players and almost is empty. Overall, trash experience for newcomers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trolzerkeinstein View Post
    Leveling up as a new player in AL is only easy up until you reach Glintstone and Underhul content. You need a decent gear or party to play these maps. It’s very hard to find a decent party in the higher level maps let alone the low level ones.

Plus, there is nothing to farm to improve your gear. Best you can do is jewel farm as a f2p, but you have to unlock traders permit to start selling your farmed jewels. And you unlock the permit around Day 2 (you get 10 story tokens in one of the side quest). This method is also slow and complicated for new players and most of the time don’t know about it. Most of the time they just log-in for the quests and get gold from there.

Most of the new players I see stop playing around level 60 because content gets too hard or it gets too boring because literally the only thing they do is log in for the day do the easy quests for xp and log out. Rinse and repeat til they reach max cap.

Events are also omega hard for low level players and almost is empty. Overall, trash experience for newcomers.
    I've been saying this for ages now but nobody ever listens to me.
    It's ok for those who start a new character from their account to say it's easy. They know the ropes, have gold to spend on the "newbie" and share stash for pets etc.
    What they don't do is start a new character from scratch, with nothing and no experience of the game and no tutorial that explains anything, especially the trade permit.
    The only people who have one iota of what it's like are hardcore players who don't use plat.
    Those who say it's easy are not correct.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Exactly. Most of the players who says it’s easy to level up as a new player are the ones who are re-starting a new account who have prior knowledge of the game mechanics and have the resources to make it easy for them to breeze through.

New player content is too dull and difficult.
    There is nothing simple to farm to improve gears. I understand that there is a fine line to draw in order for content not to be too easy, but as it stands, the content for new players is way too difficult and not enjoyable that they leave in just a few weeks or less than month.

Back then, during the old days/golden age of AL, hard-work and patience, actually got you somewhere because there are a lot of stuff to farm (eggs, gears, locked chests). Nowadays, it’s how much big is your wallet is if you want to progress.

The only farmable content that gives decent gold nowadays is: gold loot farming, jewel farming, events and merching (All these methods either require a lot of gold to start and/or to reach higher levels or max level cap[which is already difficult]).

(PS: Elite Chest farming drops is atrocious. No sane mind would sit there farming the same map over and over to just farm 1-2 elite chests every hr.)