View Poll Results: Should Procs be added to Honor PvP?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I love the exhilarating randomness of procs and the skill it requires to capitalize on them individually and as a team!

3 16.67%
  • Yeah kinda. I am concerned that adding procs will endanger balance and could give wins to unqualified competitors.

3 16.67%
  • Indifferent. It could be okay (it's not gonna be great), and it could be a mistake (but then it'll get removed), so whatevs, devs.

1 5.56%
  • Not really. I know it'll add some excitement here and there but it's probably going to suck.

6 33.33%
  • NO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY DID YOU EVEN ASK?! This poll is an insult! You must think we are a joke. Arrogant devs!

5 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Poll - Should Honor PVP Get PROCs?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Default Poll - Should Honor PVP Get PROCs?

For Honor Players. What do you think about adding "procs" to Honor?

Note: this is not a poll on Honor Pets. I'll do a different poll on that subject.

Also note: if we decide we want to do this we'll have a whole separate public discussion about the nature of the procs and who gets them (and it could range from a proc or two that everyone shares, or a set of balanced Class-based procs that all seem like good ideas... before they become part of our Honor PvP system).

If you are already playing Honor it's not that likely you'll want to scramble the balance with the introduction of procs. But hear me out: a good number of players (mostly new to Honor) are inquiring about the addition of proc gameplay to Honor clashes. Reason being: proc play adds an exciting level of uncertainty and a need for vigilance to capitalize on the effects... plus they're common to normal PvP and procs might gain more converts to Honor, etc., etc..

Let's hear your thoughts, Legends!

Name:  spooky_war.JPG
Views: 2913
Size:  23.2 KB
    Last edited by Cinco; 12-08-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Well I’ll be the first, +1 on procs. I was leaning more towards passive procs like: Chance to Stun/bleed/heal/freeze/slow,etc. So honor could be “pure”, so to speak.

Anything more like : chance to proc +30str, stunning all enemies for 2 seconds reducing their damage by 40% for 10 seconds) is unacceptable. Though it can be molded to be in fairness, I think it’s too complicated to be implemented on something like honor pvp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Well I’ll be the first, +1 on procs.
    I hope you will be last

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player AL View Post
    I hope you will be last
    It doesn’t hurt the game, plus they can always revert it back. No real harm done, just experimentation so relax.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

plus they can always revert it back. No real harm done, just experimentation so relax.
    I don't see normal pvp matchmaking back (not even ranked normal, just matchmake system which doesnt hurt anyone at all) as many players asked, so... they dont revert back everything even if players want it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Movement speed should be increased to start with.

If you make procs then the Proc Rate should be very high like Skull Axe.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Honor is just fine as it is right now.
    EDIT: Add trulle map back
    Last edited by Continents; 12-08-2021 at 05:19 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Continents For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

:-: .......
    Didn't mean to vote for arrogant dev but no lol

Dont want any matches to rely on procs ther is normal pvp for it
    Last edited by Scll; 12-08-2021 at 04:43 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    For Honor Players. What do you think about adding "procs" to Honor?

Note: this is not a poll on Honor Pets. I'll do a different poll on that subject.

Also note: if we decide we want to do this we'll have a whole separate public discussion about the nature of the procs and who gets them (and it could range from a proc or two that everyone shares, or a set of balanced Class-based procs that all seem like good ideas... before they become part of our Honor PvP system).

If you are already playing Honor it's not that likely you'll want to scramble the balance with the introduction of procs. But hear me out: a good number of players (mostly new to Honor) are inquiring about the addition of proc gameplay to Honor clashes. Reason being: proc play adds an exciting level of uncertainty and a need for vigilance to capitalize on the effects... plus they're common to normal PvP and procs might gain more converts to Honor, etc., etc..

Let's hear your thoughts, Legends!

Name:  spooky_war.JPG
Views: 2913
Size:  23.2 KB
    Can you give us some example for procs in order to have a more clear view what to vote? @Cinco

Στάλθηκε από το M2012K11AG μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polosam View Post
    Can you give us some example for procs in order to have a more clear view what to vote? @Cinco

Nvm I read the post wrong. I am 50/50 but will say no for now

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polosam View Post

I have nothing in mind right now. Full disclosure: I am not a fan of adding procs to Honor PvP. I like Honor to be simple because I think that's the best way to maintain the most skilled play.

The poll exists because there appears to be enough interest in the subject and I've been asked repeatedly to do polls on things that could have major impact.

So right now we're really voting on the idea of developing procs for Honor. If the poll winds up decisively in the "Yes" column, I will have a public discussion about the procs before I start developing them.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I have nothing in mind right now. Full disclosure: I am not a fan of adding procs to Honor PvP. I like Honor to be simple because I think that's the best way to maintain the most skilled play.

The poll exists because there appears to be enough interest in the subject and I've been asked repeatedly to do polls on things that could have major impact.

So right now we're really voting on the idea of developing procs for Honor. If the poll winds up decisively in the "Yes" column, I will have a public discussion about the procs before I start developing them.
    It is nice asking for public opinion. Crit is already something that makes it a bit luck based, (not too huge) but combining procs too will destroy it I think. There is already normal pvp for people who want proc etc

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Polosam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

If we Wang to use profs in Pvp Theres normal Pvp. Honor Pvp was added to be different. To havé always Equal teams. Its like Amt wie havé the high crit différents Form rogs. 1 crit all 3 hits theo h2 times per match. It will destroy the balance of the gamemode.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Why is honor pvp dead if everyone likes it??? You people are making it more complicated than it needs to be, procs are good. Honor pvp is a good way to get back Twink pvp levels 7-15 like old times (2013-2015). That’s the point of the procs atleast that’s my way of seeing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why is honor pvp dead if everyone likes it??? You people are making it more complicated than it needs to be, procs are good. Honor pvp is a good way to get back Twink pvp levels 7-15 like old times (2013-2015). That’s the point of the procs atleast that’s my way of seeing it.
    Honor pvp is not dead, u good my guy? Its active with back to back games at certain time of the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Honor is mostly dead. 90% of the time I log in and no matches. My vote is no. Keep it vanilla for the people that can't handle tdm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I don't think I have a valid pov since I'm not really a honor player, from the experience and comments on forum's about honor fights the main problem was the ramdomness factor given by crit hits from rogs, now that it looks like it's been balanced out, not sure if adding another "random" factor such as procs would do any good.
    Maybe if these procs were to be added on selected honor events it could see more play in order to get ppl to enjoy a different style from the alrdy common honor for a short time (some kind of rewards should be added to these events otherwise the amount of players that would actually play them would be too low like it's been so far on previous honor events).
    Passive effects would be kind of a different addition where randomness is replaced by actual strategy, I.e, every 2 hits enemy gets a 0m5% "x" stat reduction and once it hits 10 times the enemy receives some kind of debuff or player/ally receives a buff that lasts for 1-3 secs and resets the hit counter.
    I voted 2nd option since I think it's a good concept to consider tho idk how it would affect balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Honor is mostly dead. 90% of the time I log in and no matches. My vote is no. Keep it vanilla for the people that can't handle tdm.
    What would revive Honor PvP? We can’t introduce Kill LB. Players would just have over 10k kills before the month ends. We could maybe add flags back, but most groups would just make a full lobby just to farm them rather than actually PvP. Their ranking system isn’t terrible but it’s mostly the same faces each time which is good but at the same time bad since there’s hardly any players now.

Idk I still think, making a second server or an entirely new game based on AL. Is still a better option than the real game right now. I’d give all I have(only 700m nothing crazy) even try to fund it lol to bring it back. The good part of a Game company is that they actually have the power to play God and bring the old stuff back like starting from cap 16+ and fixing previous mistakes.

Just my thoughts. all honesty if they don’t add procs to honor or new pets it’s okay, I just wanted to try something different something like AL ghost mentioned bring back the nostalgia of twink PvP because overall I don’t feel the need to spend over 2bil gold for 80%STR awake worth of arcane gear if the only place it’s good for it Pve.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pls add dmg reflect procs like the 71 ebon aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

What would revive Honor PvP? We can’t introduce Kill LB. Players would just have over 10k kills before the month ends. We could maybe add flags back, but most groups would just make a full lobby just to farm them rather than actually PvP. Their ranking system isn’t terrible but it’s mostly the same faces each time which is good but at the same time bad since there’s hardly any players now.

Idk I still think, making a second server or an entirely new game based on AL. Is still a better option than the real game right now. I’d give all I have(only 700m nothing crazy) even try to fund it lol to bring it back. The good part of a Game company is that they actually have the power to play God and bring the old stuff back like starting from cap 16+ and fixing previous mistakes.

Just my thoughts. all honesty if they don’t add procs to honor or new pets it’s okay, I just wanted to try something different something like AL ghost mentioned bring back the nostalgia of twink PvP because overall I don’t feel the need to spend over 2bil gold for 80%STR awake worth of arcane gear if the only place it’s good for it Pve.

Just read ur first line "what would make honor revive" it was never dead plus I dont see u playing it no offense. Ther r back to back matches at certain time just gotta know when honor players usually go on to queue up.