Thread: best level for mage pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default best level for mage pvp?

I haven't played this game in years. Met somebody on AL who hadn't played that in years, we started chattin and he convinced me to try playing this game again that i remember so fondly.
    I played a warbird at 66 cap, had a lot of fun with it but i thought str mages(dunno if they are still called paladins) were cool af. Are there any levels where that playstyle is viable?

More generally, what are the best levels for pvp as a mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

66 is pretty good.

Best mage set up is full int mage with the islander wand set. Angel is basically the same but has 0 dodge unlike islander which has 15. Islander also has more hit which is more useful against birds and bears (though you should be healing off heal scream anyways).

People here might tell you to go level 23 or 19. I strongly disagree. The pvp down there is very rng based. Whoever crits more or hits their skills wins. Plus they clearly haven't played pocket legends pvp prior to 2018 if they advocate the current pvp zones.

Remember L56 glyph pvp? Some of my best memories were spent in that zone. I'm thinking of making a 56 mage sometime down the line.

I'm talking about clean gears by the way.

Enchanted L71 pvp was quite fun when it was a thing a few months ago. No idea why it died since it was a unique pvp experience not like the same old 110 dull honor pvp or the 2-3 shot L23 pvp which was and still is luck based. I hope 71 comes back. Mage is the best class there but if you know what you're doing you can play any class. I'd strongly advise not to make a mage since it's boring and also it gets tiring when lobbies are full of mages. Rhino is actually very good at 71 also. You have the upper hand against every class but mages will kill you if you don't play defensive (you won't be able to kill mages, only able to survive). The only thing that can really beat rhino is a damage amulet bear but even then it's 50/50 match up down to luck. Bottomline : rhino is a beast at 71 with a maxed goddess wand set.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 12-11-2021 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

What gear do mages use at 66? I pvped at 66 cap way back in the day and it was great, but people were usin the orlok/sanguine sets(i forget the int version). I'd definitely be interested in giving that a try again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

L66 Usually Hulu or angel Set I’d presume
    And the 65 Set from mount fang is Lilith

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Best pvp and most active is l110