Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Visual indicator for enchantments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Visual indicator for enchantments

Dear Mr Barnes,

I am writing to let you know that I appreciate you taking listening to the community and implementing some suggested features e.g. removal of booting and separating L100 and 105 honor arenas.

I thought I would propose an idea of my own which should be quite straightforward to implement and shouldn't take long at all to code. I've got some ideas on how the visual indicators could be added.

The reason for this indicator is to know if someone is using enchantments. Before you stop reading here, I just wanted you to know that I don't want enchantments to go anywhere. They are part of the game as you stated many times. However, they shouldn't be the only way to play the game at some of our favourite twink (or what once was) levels namely 56, 61, 66 and 71. People have the choice between clean or enchanted but when doing clean pvp, it can be difficult to tell if people are 'cheating'.

All I ask is a visual indicator to show if someone is using enchantments, any enchantments at all. Just to make things easier. I see this as nothing but a positive improvement for the game with precisely no drawbacks whatsoever. Feel free to disagree if you see some disadvantages. Would love to hear them and maybe we can work something out.

As for how they can be added:
    * It can be as simple as changing the colour of their name when using enchantments
    * Changing the colour of the 'quest icon' by their name. It's either gold or silver but maybe make it purple when they're not using clean gear.
    * Changing their title to [ENCHANTED]. Welp bad idea I know .
    * Maybe some other way you see fit.

Why this works:
    Easy to implement, no removal of enchantments, no disabling of enchantments, no separate map for enchantments, clean pvp is a easier to play.

It will also make other pvp zones more active because let's face it only having 110 pvp gets tiring and isn't keeping players interested.

I see only value from this idea but once again am happy for criticism.

Regards,
    Vapourised

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Definitely an idea worth considering. Not sure how easy it would be actually - so no promises, but I’ll look into it. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hi cinco, any updates regarding the suggestion?

I've probably asked too soon to be honest.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Hi cinco, any updates regarding the suggestion?

I've probably asked too soon to be honest.
    Nothing relevant to share on this right now but we did discuss a variety of feature possibilities for Pocket Legends today and this idea was on the list.

I will definitely share an update when I have one.

Happy New Year!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Nothing relevant to share on this right now but we did discuss a variety of feature possibilities for Pocket Legends today and this idea was on the list.

I will definitely share an update when I have one.

Happy New Year!
    I see. Thank you. Hope you and the team have had a refreshing break.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

We're now actively working on this. I expect that it'll be available with the next major Pocket Legends update - possibly will require a new client.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Dear Mr Barnes,

I am writing to let you know that I appreciate you taking listening to the community and implementing some suggested features e.g. removal of booting and separating L100 and 105 honor arenas.

I thought I would propose an idea of my own which should be quite straightforward to implement and shouldn't take long at all to code. I've got some ideas on how the visual indicators could be added.

The reason for this indicator is to know if someone is using enchantments. Before you stop reading here, I just wanted you to know that I don't want enchantments to go anywhere. They are part of the game as you stated many times. However, they shouldn't be the only way to play the game at some of our favourite twink (or what once was) levels namely 56, 61, 66 and 71. People have the choice between clean or enchanted but when doing clean pvp, it can be difficult to tell if people are 'cheating'.

All I ask is a visual indicator to show if someone is using enchantments, any enchantments at all. Just to make things easier. I see this as nothing but a positive improvement for the game with precisely no drawbacks whatsoever. Feel free to disagree if you see some disadvantages. Would love to hear them and maybe we can work something out.

As for how they can be added:
    * It can be as simple as changing the colour of their name when using enchantments
    * Changing the colour of the 'quest icon' by their name. It's either gold or silver but maybe make it purple when they're not using clean gear.
    * Changing their title to [ENCHANTED]. Welp bad idea I know .
    * Maybe some other way you see fit.

Why this works:
    Easy to implement, no removal of enchantments, no disabling of enchantments, no separate map for enchantments, clean pvp is a easier to play.

It will also make other pvp zones more active because let's face it only having 110 pvp gets tiring and isn't keeping players interested.

I see only value from this idea but once again am happy for criticism.

Regards,
    Vapourised
    Excuse me, that's a good idea dude...
    But if I think it's better the pvp game is made with a separate map..
    Let's take an example: just create a new map, anyone who joins this new pvp map (whether enchanted or not) will automatically change to (clean without enchanted). This minimizes the existing cheating, and players also don't need to look for clean sets (considering that finding clean sets is not easy (difficult)).
    So anyone can join this new pvp map if they want a clean fight, and anyone can still use their set if they want to fight using enchanted.
    What do your opinion?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mannered For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We're now actively working on this. I expect that it'll be available with the next major Pocket Legends update - possibly will require a new client.
    Excellent news. Thank you so much.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mannered View Post
    Let's take an example: just create a new map, anyone who joins this new pvp map (whether enchanted or not) will automatically change to (clean without enchanted). This minimizes the existing cheating, and players also don't need to look for clean sets (considering that finding clean sets is not easy (difficult)).
    So anyone can join this new pvp map if they want a clean fight, and anyone can still use their set if they want to fight using enchanted.
    What do your opinion?
    This is a great idea

12. The Following User Says Thank You to holdmytalons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mannered View Post
    What do your opinion?
    This is now currently in the works. I've changed my mind and I'm thankful you contributed this. This would make things even smoother. Disregard my earlier post. I wasn't thinking straight.