Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Arlor Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Red Arlor Set

I'm trying to understand if these vanities will ever have a comeback considering the fact that they have few returns after their initial release and their description clearly states that they are available during the winterfest.

Back in the day, the green sets were 2 times more expensive than the red arlor sets and they have been returned as a drop from boss not so long ago which explains the current price range.

If their comeback is near, make it available for plat purchase.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

People ask this every time winter event is near, and the answer is always the same, no one knows, and even if it will come, devs deffinetly won't say if it will or not since they don't do leaks for any other event so they won't for this one either, we just have to wait and see

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Why bother posting such things and cause panic for people who have these vanities? Let the devs do what they want.

But then again speculations are just speculations. Even if it has a short term effect on the items that are talked about, its price will adjust after the theory is verified or denied. If the latter is true, I suppose a huge spike on the pricing as the item will not be available 'til the next year to come and this thread would have caused a good marketing for it, and if the former were to be true it would be the exact opposite — killing the marketability of the item.

Whichever is your objective, this post will still cause some sort of volatility to the red arlor sets in the next few days (or until one of the devs shows up here).

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spctmstds For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Last year developers were on the edge of re release it and later decided to rerelease it later on. Now after 12months, I hope they will rerelease it this year since we have greens version rereleased several years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I just want the hat, or a newr version of a santa style red hat.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

-10000. Why do you need the red set to return when you can use the green set, purple set, black set, red set with jewels?

I was actually playing the game when red arlor sets were available for platinum. Guess what? I didn't have enough platinum to get a vanity set for all 3 classes, so I bought the winter fury sets instead cuz they were cheaper. In hindsight was this a good idea? no. Never have I ever cried about it and thought they should re-release them. Let some things be special ffs.

Otherwise why not put ghost set, medusa set, frank set, ice spirit, ice golem, yeti, all event lb banners into store for platinum?

Green arlor set isn't even a good comparison. The only reason they brought back green arlor sets is because they green sets literally didn't exist for mage or tank, only for rogue. They wanted to give green sets to mage and tank and therefore had to re-release the green ones for rogue aswell. Asking for red sets to be brought back isn't even remotely the same.
    Last edited by Lawpvp; 12-13-2021 at 11:53 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

-1 Definitely should not be brought back

Sent from my NX659J using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashedpwntatoe For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Please put red winter set into plat store this year <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I have a rog red cap but I agree on its return for 1.7k plat for a set

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Just bring all colors back along with red and green and as drops .

Make a plat vanity different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

-1 on returning old vanities. I dont have a set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Red jeweled set is gawdy awful. Re-release!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I'd say to not release them again. I'm aware that their descriptions says that it should come for every winter, but remember that Green arlors were from 2012, but it didn't come back in 2013, didn't come back in 2014, it didn't come back in 2015, it didn't come back in 2016... but out of the blue they decided to re-introduce them 5 yrs later in 2017 with extremely high droprates?

Yes, I still remember vividly the amount of owners and collectors holding onto them, as well as aspirants who would want an exclusive and rare set. But since then, they're now dirt cheap, people begun to lose interest, and another vanity ruined.

People pay for the exclusivity.. not so many have em. And at this current state of the game, if it isn't pvp (dead) or pve (mostly just gold farming), then its collecting items and vanities.

Let us not screw over people. There are literally thousands of other vanities, recolors and iterations at this point in time.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 12-14-2021 at 11:42 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    I'd say to not release them again. I'm aware that their descriptions says that it should come for every winter, but remember that Green arlors were from 2012, but it didn't come back in 2013, didn't come back in 2014, it didn't come back in 2015, it didn't come back in 2016... but out of the blue they decided to re-introduce them 5 yrs later in 2017 with extremely high droprates?

Yes, I still remember vividly the amount of owners and collectors holding onto them, as well as aspirants who would want an exclusive and rare set. But since then, they're now dirt cheap, people begun to lose interest, and another vanity ruined.

People pay for the exclusivity.. not so many have em. And at this current state of the game, if it isn't pvp (dead) or pve (mostly just gold farming), then its collecting items and vanities.

Let us not screw over people. There are literally thousands of other vanities, recolors and iterations at this point in time.

Im saying bring em back, all of them, all colors.

It would add more loot and actually a set that looks like a dope Santa.
    Would like to customise with the new launched items with a original red set.

It was said in description it will return.. So why not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Im saying bring em back, all of them, all colors.

It would add more loot and actually a set that looks like a dope Santa.
    Would like to customise with the new launched items with a original red set.

It was said in description it will return.. So why not?
    Using the "it was said in the description" narrative is nitpicking.

They were inconsistent by not returning them for every year compared to them returning them every year. So.. it would make more sense to change the description instead.

They failed to keep up with the description. Suddenly returning them when they now retail for 9 figures nowadays would be detrimental to alot of current owners.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 12-14-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Using the "it was said in the description" narrative is nitpicking.

They were inconsistent by not returning them for every year compared to them returning them every year. So.. it would make more sense to change the description instead.

They failed to keep up with the description. Suddenly returning them when they now retail for 9 figures nowadays would be detrimental to alot of current owners.

Unfortunately it is exactly those words that make it different from any other event vanities.

I don't notice any description other than this specific winter set that says similar meaning to "it will return", so it is predictable and incomparable to most other vanity sets that are assumed not to return back in the future (except a recolor). Owners of these predictable sets are well aware of this possibility and if they still decided to keep them for an "imagined exclusivity", they have silently acknowledged their risks and therefore using their potential losses as justification just doesn't fit that well here.

The consistency you mentioned/observed is more true with the "vanity class" that they rarely come back exactly same if it's specific to an event rather than with the winter arlor set alone. Speaking of vanities, at most dev either recolored or it's "predictable" that they will come back like Halloween ghost pirate sets. Besides, saying it will return doesn't mean it has to return every year unless it's specifically mentioned "every winter", so following that I don't see how they are being inconsistent (maybe someone with the set can show a screenshot of the exact words?)

As such, specifically for this winter set, I don't disagree with others who want it back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Unfortunately it is exactly those words that make it different from any other event vanities.

I don't notice any description other than this specific winter set that says similar meaning to "it will return", so it is predictable and incomparable to most other vanity sets that are assumed not to return back in the future (except a recolor). Owners of these predictable sets are well aware of this possibility and if they still decided to keep them for an "imagined exclusivity", they have silently acknowledged their risks and therefore using their potential losses as justification just doesn't fit that well here.

The consistency you mentioned/observed is more true with the "vanity class" that they rarely come back exactly same if it's specific to an event rather than with the winter arlor set alone. Speaking of vanities, at most dev either recolored or it's "predictable" that they will come back like Halloween ghost pirate sets. Besides, saying it will return doesn't mean it has to return every year unless it's specifically mentioned "every winter", so following that I don't see how they are being inconsistent (maybe someone with the set can show a screenshot of the exact words?)

As such, specifically for this winter set, I don't disagree with others who want it back.
    It doesn't need to have the word "every" when it says "available during the winter holiday season", as that explicitly means that it should be back in winter. But it doesn't.

Over the years players had a dilemma to either sell or buy a set thinking it would return this time around. Only to have their hopes down and deceived by the faulty description promising that it is available during the winter holidays.

At the end of the day I don't make the rules and Sts could do whatever they want to their game. I am just here to say and justify that I don't think it's fair for its sudden return considering the inconsistent releases and faulty description, also the fact that it had climb up and established as an og, one of the more exclusive and thus, pricier vanities out there over the years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

It doesn't need to have the word "every" when it says "available during the winter holiday season", as that explicitly means that it should be back in winter. But it doesn't.

Over the years players had a dilemma to either sell or buy a set thinking it would return this time around. Only to have their hopes down and deceived by the faulty description promising that it is available during the winter holidays.

At the end of the day I don't make the rules and Sts could do whatever they want to their game. I am just here to say and justify that I don't think it's fair for its sudden return considering the inconsistent releases and faulty description, also the fact that it had climb up and established as an og, one of the more exclusive and thus, pricier vanities out there over the years.

Not sure if you read the last part of second paragraph. If you did I suppose I won't continue further with the discussion as I have clearly made my point on the profit/losses of these arlor set owners, regardless of how it climbed to being pricey or "imaginarily" exclusive.

What's worthy for discussion here I reckon is the description part.

Is that the exact full description?
    "Available during the winter holiday season"

If it's, I don't see how does one interprets that as "explicitly guarantees returns on every winter event", it just says it is available. I understand It as a source of where you can find this vanity rather than a promise that it will return.

Just like Heroic grimm for example it wasn't available this year Halloween although the description says "available in the store only during Halloween" and a few other that shares similar description.

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 on returning the red arlor sets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Do not be guided by what the description says, sometimes they "wrong", here are some examples.
    The controversial Red Arlor:
    Name:  Screenshot_20211214-170112.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  214.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20211214-170126.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  217.7 KB

Now check out this other random vanity:
    Name:  Screenshot_20211214-164105.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  412.9 KB

Now see what this "2016" ghost vanity says (comes out at every halloween event):
    Name:  Screenshot_20211214-170153.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  401.5 KB

Draw your conclusions.

On the other hand, I have hundreds of sets, it does not bother me, nor would it bother me, that the sets are re-released.
    What really bothers me is when they release an old set like Green Arlor and put a stupidly high sink rate on it, and it ends up being worth nothing.
    I would like to have many sets of events in which I could not participate, and that are practically no longer seen.
    But the drop rate should be like that of wisp swordfish, for example from the current event, or in platinum for sale at a really expensive price and few quantities available.