Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: name change time limit

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

    Default name change time limit

    It is reasonable that they let you change names but it does not seem very good that this happens when someone steals and is changing the name to disappear more than 2 times and lose their trace if you do not have it in "ignore list" or you can see by registering the guild
    They should put a limit of 1 name change every month

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    797
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    78
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    + 1 so we can locate the scammers and guild hoppers the reason is
    1st because our guild is a victim of scamming 3x by our own member because some of our officers and member is trusts easily,
    2nd we have a guild event it happen so many times after we give/trade the gold and items for reward to 1st winner 2nd and 3rd and 4th they leave the guild after that then they join again when our guild have guild event again in other ign.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,836
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    55
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    251
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default

    This is a terrible idea. It's impossible to steal items. Nobody can go into your stash or into your characters and literally steal things from you. Can you stupidly give items away that aren't given back? yah, that doesn't mean we should stop people from changing names because others have a poor judge of character.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    This is a terrible idea. It's impossible to steal items. Nobody can go into your stash or into your characters and literally steal things from you. Can you stupidly give items away that aren't given back? yah, that doesn't mean we should stop people from changing names because others have a poor judge of character.
    that's what a thief would say since no one is such a fool to change name every month

  6. #5
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    413
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    127
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inozuke View Post
    that's what a thief would say since no one is such a fool to change name every month
    I disagree. Ive been changing my name more than once a month(bored, nothin to do with the plat) for a few months now. What is it your business if i want to change my name frequently? Do you consider me a scammer now that i like to change my name up? Just having a conversation here.

    Players need to hold themselves accountable too when it comes to getting scammed. Officers or GMs need to have better discretion for their guild and this problem can be almost completely eliminated.

    No.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    I disagree. Ive been changing my name more than once a month(bored, nothin to do with the plat) for a few months now. What is it your business if i want to change my name frequently? Do you consider me a scammer now that i like to change my name up? Just having a conversation here.

    Players need to hold themselves accountable too when it comes to getting scammed. Officers or GMs need to have better discretion for their guild and this problem can be almost completely eliminated.

    No.
    With that you make it clear to me that you are stupid, but I repeat it is to prevent a thief from changing so much and end up losing track, how would waiting 1 month affect you? Is it going to give you anxiety or what?
    Seriously that you don't think, you look for problems in something that would not affect you

  8. #7
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Good intention you have there.

    To circumvent the limit issues, I would propose an increased in platinum cost for one to change name more than once for every season.

    For example, 30 plat, 50 plat, 100 plat, 200 plat and so on.

    If you want to change your name sure, but do it at a higher cost each time for each character.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Good intention you have there.

    To circumvent the limit issues, I would propose an increased in platinum cost for one to change name more than once for every season.

    For example, 30 plat, 50 plat, 100 plat, 200 plat and so on.

    If you want to change your name sure, but do it at a higher cost each time for each character.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    In fact it would be better, that way things will be thought out before committing a crime (and this will apply to any other character of the account for prevention)

  10. #9
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    751
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    635
    Thanked in
    364 Posts

    Default

    Even better is at the moment someone accept a friend request, you can see when inspect all the names someone have use!!

  11. #10
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Even better is at the moment someone accept a friend request, you can see when inspect all the names someone have use!!
    The same I was going to suggest, instead of annoying those who like to change their names, it would be better to have a history of names and alternate char that the player has, on their page where you inspect. Assuming that the player has the name of another player, a number of times taken by other players could appear in the history, as in hc.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    The same I was going to suggest, instead of annoying those who like to change their names, it would be better to have a history of names and alternate char that the player has, on their page where you inspect. Assuming that the player has the name of another player, a number of times taken by other players could appear in the history, as in hc.
    Well that is a bit of a far stretch to privacy discussion already.

    Not sure about you, personally would not want anyone to know who my alternates are. Have different purpose for each alternate some is for buying, some for selling, some for pvp/pve etc.

    Would see if others have alternative suggestions.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

  13. #12
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Well that is a bit of a far stretch to privacy discussion already.

    Not sure about you, personally would not want anyone to know who my alternates are. Have different purpose for each alternate some is for buying, some for selling, some for pvp/pve etc.

    Would see if others have alternative suggestions.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    I have nothing to hide, if you need to hide behind another char, you are probably not doing something right or morally wrong and you are ashamed for that reason.

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Well that is a bit of a far stretch to privacy discussion already.

    Not sure about you, personally would not want anyone to know who my alternates are. Have different purpose for each alternate some is for buying, some for selling, some for pvp/pve etc.

    Would see if others have alternative suggestions.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    What's wrong with them knowing what your pvp or sales account is? JAAJJAJA DON'T GO TO HACK xD.
    I prefer to know what their accounts are and have clues of who is stealing and their alternative accounts than to ignore another theft, the game crashes and every time there are more scammers my ignore list grows a lot and it is difficult in the long term Recognize the account of all thieves that if it is so and so

  15. #14
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    On the other hand, thinking better about the subject, I don't know if some of these ideas would have a lot of impact, since scamers tend to use multiple accounts or multiple devices, too, and keep their main clean. Only casual scamers use their main to scam.

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    797
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    78
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

    Default

    I think this is the best way to track and easy to report sts need to have a ignore list with a reason just like (ign: xxxxx reason: scam 1 ) so if ever change the ign to (ign: yyyyy reason: scam 1) you can track this ign so he cannot invite to the guild and aware the member to be the victim. No need toxicity for the thread, forum create to make the game better for ideas lol

  17. #16
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I have nothing to hide, if you need to hide behind another char, you are probably not doing something right or morally wrong and you are ashamed for that reason.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Privacy discussion already.

    I could say the exact same thing to you to any of your social account, bank account all account related to privacy. I could stretch this even further, like why are you hiding behind your accounts? Show your face, your house, your assets, and everything you do on the Internet. You see why I won't want to go to this rabbit hole. Privacy is a huge discussion.

    Truth is not everyone wants to be known to everyone.

    My public name is known to many both in game and in forum which are poorbutpro and vanitystats. Same thing for my public name I have nothing to hide. Its public for a reason.

    I created private characters so that I can
    1. Have peace of mind for example playing or afk in towns with nobody knowing me or no friends at all I can just chill without anybody bothering me.
    2. People pm me pretty often when I'm on with my public name, it can be nice when I'm free but when I just wanted to check auction prices for example when I'm busy in life I won't want to be perceived as snobbish when I don't reply their pms.
    3. For business, I used alternates to prevent people to pm me when I list something in auction, basically fixing the prices. I switch to another character after listing them. For things that are negotiable on the other hand, I would use my public name mostly to sell.

    This reply applies to inozuke as well. I don't get how you guys stretched this far. I don't lowball or merch(used to but not have that kinda time anymore), so I don't need to be shady enough to use a private account for that purpose. Instead I hoard items I see as having potential to rise.

    Don't be so presumptions on people's intention. Thought I have seen some good responses until these.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  19. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,180
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    +11111 only scammer would oppose to this.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  20. #18
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    388
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    133
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Privacy discussion already.

    I could say the exact same thing to you to any of your social account, bank account all account related to privacy. I could stretch this even further, like why are you hiding behind your accounts? Show your face, your house, your assets, and everything you do on the Internet. You see why I won't want to go to this rabbit hole. Privacy is a huge discussion.

    Truth is not everyone wants to be known to everyone.

    My public name is known to many both in game and in forum which are poorbutpro and vanitystats. Same thing for my public name I have nothing to hide. Its public for a reason.

    I created private characters so that I can
    1. Have peace of mind for example playing or afk in towns with nobody knowing me or no friends at all I can just chill without anybody bothering me.
    2. People pm me pretty often when I'm on with my public name, it can be nice when I'm free but when I just wanted to check auction prices for example when I'm busy in life I won't want to be perceived as snobbish when I don't reply their pms.
    3. For business, I used alternates to prevent people to pm me when I list something in auction, basically fixing the prices. I switch to another character after listing them. For things that are negotiable on the other hand, I would use my public name mostly to sell.

    This reply applies to inozuke as well. I don't get how you guys stretched this far. I don't lowball or merch(used to but not have that kinda time anymore), so I don't need to be shady enough to use a private account for that purpose. Instead I hoard items I see as having potential to rise.

    Don't be so presumptions on people's intention. Thought I have seen some good responses until these.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Most don't make sense.
    Your igns can only know if they inspect you, I clearly said that, they must be on the same map, so if you have doubts about someone you inspect it, see their history and that's it.
    Where do I get in the privacy of your wallet or your real life?
    Making merch is morally wrong, that's what I mean, it's a good example.
    With regard to pms, there are options so that random people do not bother you.
    Even so with the current system it is possible to know if 2 or more char are from the same account (by means of ignores).
    With regard to privacy in other companies, they do everything possible for a person to have all their accounts related in one, and ensure that one type does not have multiple accounts, manipulating the system, and other people.
    I think it addresses all your doubts.
    In short, if you are against people knowing what your accounts are, in most cases it is because you are hiding something.

  21. #19
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,518
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Most don't make sense.
    Your igns can only know if they inspect you, I clearly said that, they must be on the same map, so if you have doubts about someone you inspect it, see their history and that's it.
    Where do I get in the privacy of your wallet or your real life?
    Making merch is morally wrong, that's what I mean, it's a good example.
    With regard to pms, there are options so that random people do not bother you.
    Even so with the current system it is possible to know if 2 or more char are from the same account (by means of ignores).
    With regard to privacy in other companies, they do everything possible for a person to have all their accounts related in one, and ensure that one type does not have multiple accounts, manipulating the system, and other people.
    I think it addresses all your doubts.
    In short, if you are against people knowing what your accounts are, in most cases it is because you are hiding something.
    Let me get straight to the heart of your comment.

    Privacy in itself means we don't want people to know all about us. For whatever reasons (we don't want to attract thiefs, ill intended people following us, using/selling our information for their advertising purposes etc)

    Point is, it doesn't matter what the person is "hiding" (objectively speaking, this could be either their personal info, the money/things they have, the things that did they are ashamed of etc) Regardless of what they are "hiding", it matters if you actually have the right to know something someone doesn't want you to know without their consent. And actually to be non-judgmental, I would refrain from using the negatively connotated word "hiding" and use "chooses not to disclose certain information"

    Here I will use the simplest example. Phone number. Not every girl you flirt with give your their phone numbers right in the go. People have the right not to disclose their personal information to anyone they know or announce it publicly. They keep it private so that their life doesn't get complicated. Another example would definitely be celebrity. They would certainly "pray hard" for some solid privacy as they already got so much attention on them.

    Bottom line is simple.

    Privacy = respecting people personal information that they are not willing to share publicly. Don't care what context we are speaking in. And no one is obliged to tell you why they need privacy for. It's basic human respect.

    Of course,
    1. To circumvent this, we have tech savvy scammers who will find out your personal information even without your consent, and use it against you. In real life this is cyber crime, in game because there's no "government" or that sts doesn't yet have a solid stand/clear rule on this, people can do what they want.
    2. If you are concerned with people who have done something "wrong" in the context of real life or game, the authorities or sts have the right to dig their personal information and punish them or ban them accordingly instead of directly giving this power to any random players by allowing anyone to view with complete transparency.

    P.S. Frankly, I enjoy having matured discussions without assumptions but the thing I didn't like is you and a few others made it sound like people are bad for wanting privacy while in fact it is in their every right to do so.
    Last edited by Analytical; 12-15-2021 at 02:31 AM. Reason: colored, bold, etc

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  23. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    120
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Well that is a bit of a far stretch to privacy discussion already.

    Not sure about you, personally would not want anyone to know who my alternates are. Have different purpose for each alternate some is for buying, some for selling, some for pvp/pve etc.

    Would see if others have alternative suggestions.

    Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Mans talking privacy in a mobile game for name.. what's your age good sir?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It is time for a change
    By mascotmullah in forum DL General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2020, 05:33 AM
  2. sts has time limit to recover deleted char ?
    By Benworushi in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 09:12 AM
  3. Abaddon time limit?
    By Turkeyboy in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:08 PM
  4. Time Limit PvP Game Type
    By Apocolypze in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
  5. AFK Time Limit
    By caelitus in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 03:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •