Thread: Level up poll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Default Level up poll

Cinco, I seen the poll only got 55 votes. Based on the amount of people who view threads here, watch AL vids, and are in discord servers of AL I can say AL has around at max 40,000 players give or take. 0.0001% of players' votes won't help you much with the opinionated poll.

If you are really wanting to fix the level system then you have to watch statistics of how long new players stay before they quit what level they get to, when do they start dying like flies and how many people they meet on average. Leveling is a big part, but another big part is maps that are empty 24/7, gears that suck mostly mana wise, not many pets to obtain through the story nor useful gears or gold.

Level 1-40 too easy. Level 40-60 I think is just right. Level 60-81 its not hard easy or right its just the same thing over and over nothing to do. There are a lot of things you can do to improve the leveling system, you need more story quests as lv 1-60 has like 70% of the quests alone for story and side, you need bosses to drop pets for players to use 100% drop rate on first kill. New player pets aren't ment to be expensive so thats why the 100% drop rate on first kill, quests that give eggs and even lower level legendaries that give procs or stat bonuses similar to 81 legendary. Shoot, even add more arcs and mythics just so they feel excited to loot a high rarity weapon even if they are cheap, they aren't ment to be expensive at lower level. Increase the limited random join level range from 2 to 10, so if you are lv 71 then instead of lv 69-73 only joining its lv 61-81. This just helps people join maps with others in the map instead of having darkness as your only friend.

Stronghold, City of Kelys, and garetta village are just about always empty, players level too fast and skip those towns, usually in a game you want your players to explore all content. They level up and go to pier or camp since all of the max lvl people are there. They proceed to beg for eggs, items or gold then quit. Thats why I suggested more boss loot of eggs / better gears. Probably your biggest player candy eye option here, them looting "good" stuff makes them feel like they are achieving stuff over time. One thing tons of games are missing out on is this.
    I can go on and on but you get the point hopefully.
    Check list for you.
    Add more free quest / boss obtainable gears, improve mana gear stats so 1 skill isn't 20% mana.
    Add heroic pets to elite bosses, 1 arcane to a quest, mythic for the first boss drop in dead city. More cheap boss loot just in general thats useful.
    More quests... Lots more.
    Make towns more active, not sure how but theres got to be a way. I mean expcamp and pier are the 2 most active and they aren't lv 81 towns.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 12-13-2021 at 03:32 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Can someone give me a sum
    Up please?

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Check list for you.
    Add more free quest / boss obtainable gears, improve mana gear stats so 1 skill isn't 20% mana.
    Add heroic pets to elite bosses, 1 arcane to a quest, mythic for the first boss drop in dead city. More cheap boss loot just in general thats useful.
    Make towns more active, not sure how but theres got to be a way. I mean expcamp and pier are the 2 most active and they aren't lv 81 towns.
    That's the summary.
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Can someone give me a sum
    Up please?

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk
    0.0001% of AL's players' votes on an opinionated type of poll shouldn't be what the devs go off of when choosing how to change the level system. Theres things outside of just leveling that keep people playing. Making it easier to level won't keep people playing.
    Anyways looking forward for Cinco to reply on this thread and revise what I said, this isn't a criticism thread but only an eye opener.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 12-13-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Why wasnt this posted into the actual poll thread? I agree with most points but I think a poll with 55 votes does represent the communities opinion better than a single one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Why wasnt this posted into the actual poll thread? I agree with most points but I think a poll with 55 votes does represent the communities opinion better than a single one.
    Thought it was locked, been too busy irl to post or do anything. I do want many to read this and post their insights as well, more perspectives the better. The 55 votes thread instead should of been the devs watching how players go through the story vs how its intended to be ran through and go from there. We were all new players and some of us have made alts and leveled them up. You play HC and theres no way to get arcane eggs heroic eggs arcane weapons mythic weapons etc on HC without plat or events. Being new and playing HC is very similar imo in a way.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 12-13-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Locked, been too busy irl to post or do anything. I do want many to read this and post their insights as well, more perspectives the better.
    The poll is over but I can still post replies there. I was wondering because I literally had both theads on the same page in general discussion. However, I didnt participate either because I don't believe my personal feedback is useful in this matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    The poll is over but I can still post replies there. I was wondering because I literally had both theads on the same page in general discussion. However, I didnt participate either because I don't believe my personal feedback is useful in this matter.
    Edited my post and added more as you were posting above.
    More useful than you think, there's always something left out and if no one points it out then it is always left out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Maybe creating an ingame poll would be a good idea? So once you log you’re able to click at either “too easy” or “too hard”, with a short explanation of course. And a 1-time selection. This way you get plenty of responses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThreadPolice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

cinco shouldve posted his thread in trader market.
    uWu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post
    Maybe creating an ingame poll would be a good idea? So once you log you’re able to click at either “too easy” or “too hard”, with a short explanation of course. And a 1-time selection. This way you get plenty of responses .

+1 great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

I asked for an ingame poll a few months ago and majority of people hated it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I asked for an ingame poll a few months ago and majority of people hated it.

I don't believe I saw that thread if you wouldn't mind dropping that link I would enjoy reading it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Check list for you.
    I took the time today to start another alt. I agree what OP has said above, and in opening post. Mana is a huge issue with low lvls especially rogues.

This was the first game I ever played. I had zero clue what dex, int, and str was all about. Yes the gears showing green % what gears are more useful was the only suggestions I had to improve my char.

*Another addition for new players is give to give much more info on the class they selected. What benefits the class they chosen, best starting up attributes/skills could be suggested.

*A short tutorial about the class selected, or an info icon when selecting the class of what attributes best benefits the selected char, or an arrow pointing to attributes would be very user friendly.

JM2C

Avy
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Repent View Post
    I don't believe I saw that thread if you wouldn't mind dropping that link I would enjoy reading it.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...AL-no-toxicity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

I think everyone knows my opinion by now. I have been posting about levelling and new players for a long time. My post on the poll page is there and I stand by what I typed there.
    I don't even know why it was a voting system when all the opinions were here to read.
    The players that matter don't use the forum because they don't even know it exists let alone vote.
    One level 66 player asked me how he can level up without having to do the same maps over and over everyday. What can I tell him?
    I told him the truth, he can't. He is not sure he wants to stay...that says it all and he's not on the only one.
    The game looks tired and bleak when you get to his level.
    Events don't help, they are really hard for them and what's harder is getting a team together.
    A lot of us made a bit of gold in events at all levels but that was then.
    I know because in the past I made a character and played without touching my stash. It was nigh on impossible to play in events. It wasn't nice seeing all the endgamers chatting about what they'd looted I can tell you, demoralising.
    Well carry on with this system of empty maps and people like me carrying new players and setting them up with gears. That's not my job by the way but I can't just watch them struggle. It's also difficult explaining how to obtain a permit. More in the way of an explanation ingame would be helpful. A sign outside the minstrel saying, "Come inside and earn tokens for a trading permit" would suffice.
    It's not hard to implement surely.
    You've had some good feedback from us and we who have played a long time do care about AL, including some of the semi retired players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

40000 players?
    False.

You need to only count the players who are active now.
    I'm sure it's 1/100 th of your value who play daily .

So even 55 votes make a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    40000 players?
    False.

You need to only count the players who are active now.
    I'm sure it's 1/100 th of your value who play daily .

So even 55 votes make a difference.
    The expansion thread has over 25k views, my yt vids some have over 10k views, discord servers 1 has 2k people my server has 500+ then you got whatsapp fb line etc. Add say 10k ppl who don't use forums, the player count is around 30k to 40k. Seems like a ton but its not, time zones and all. Not every one plays daily but they still play atleast once a week or so. But still even with your statement of 4000 people thats still 2% of the community. Hopefully you now understand where I got 40k from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post

Imagine you get 5 plat for voting. Now guess how many votes There will be.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

The expansion thread has over 25k views, my yt vids some have over 10k views, discord servers 1 has 2k people my server has 500+ then you got whatsapp fb line etc. Add say 10k ppl who don't use forums, the player count is around 30k to 40k. Seems like a ton but its not, time zones and all. Not every one plays daily but they still play atleast once a week or so. But still even with your statement of 4000 people thats still 2% of the community. Hopefully you now understand where I got 40k from.

Thats a highly inaccurate assumption.
    Taking your example of YouTube video views.

Another mmorpg on Android play store that has only 1m downloads. Aq3d.
    Has consecutive more views than videos posted on AL.

According to the statistics made clear by YouTube as well as steam.. Has around 500 active players a day. As per steamcharts.
    Which is legit as game pertains to their platform.

Secondly, thread posts counter adds every consecutive view , both new viewer as well as old as well as creator.
    And I'm sure you know that as well..

Thus thread views is inaccurate as well.

40k player base active games firstly boast that number since it's an achievement while sts does not share any player count statistics even after repeated requests... Not even a range or reply from mods.
    So I'm sure it's not that much.
    And I'm not going to give a number because at this point, the developers are doing a good job at hiding the number as they want...

But I'm sure it's way way way way less than what you're saying.