Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aura visuals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    -1 why would you wear or buy new cosmetic items when no one sees what you wear anyways...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    You wear your aura cuz you are looking at yourself on your screen n like it

You don’t know what I’m seeing on my screen and should not care what I see or what I think about you
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Yes, but the difference is that normal vanities, gears, pets, stats, etc don't affect my gameplay. I don't care about the gold you (or others) spent on game. Its pixels gold...
    Affecting gameplay is pretty subjective.

In the context of running pve map, on top of aura blocking visual, it could also mean someone I put on ignore list is appearing on my map and I want the option for example to make him disappear from my screen as I'm significantly distressed by it. And under the same condition, the aura visuals could actually be enjoyed by other players who don't see it as impeding their gameplay but more like adding colors to the boring map they run everyday once they get good at playing dm for example, they don't care if you are blocking them visually they still can time their skills properly or move around until they get to see what's happening.

Further discussion is as follows in my reply to Stephen:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Irl I can hide what I want by not looking at it

Again -
    What is the difference between allowing us to turn off badges names and titles
    And allowing me to turn off auras on my screen!?!?
    Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay?

Of course we can avoid seeing anything we don't like by keeping a distance the discussion is only valid for close proximity where its within the scope of our sight and we can't avoid it like in the case of aura right beside us whether it's too bright or rotating shhet visually blocking us.

Back to the topic, I disagree with disabling aura visuals not because I'm okay with it blocking me, nor am I disregarding the fact that it actually hinders gameplay, rather it's because I think there are other ways to navigate around it without the endless discussion on who has the final say on who is seeing what I'm displaying.

Isn't the main problem blocking our gameplay?

So assomer and sts team
    -made it clearer for people to see when boss attacks by using dark and bolded color
    -clear RED proc visuals like "Marked", "Drown" etc

They want to solve the problem without possibly dissatisfying a large portion of players who enjoy cool visuals, even while playing in pve maps.

As long as the gameplay isn't blocked, the option to disable visuals immediately becomes a preference instead of a necessity.
    Last edited by Analytical; 12-29-2021 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added Reply to blue Haze

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay? :P

Of course we can avoid seeing anything we don't like by keeping a distance the discussion is only valid for close proximity where its within the scope of our sight and we can't avoid it like in the case of aura right beside us whether it's too bright or rotating shhet visually blocking us.

Back to the topic, I disagree with disabling aura visuals not because I'm okay with it blocking me, nor am I disregarding the fact that it actually hinders gameplay, rather it's because I think there are other ways to navigate around it without the endless discussion on who has the final say on who is seeing what I'm displaying.

Isn't the main problem blocking our gameplay?

So assomer and sts team
    -made it clearer for people to see when boss attacks by using dark and bolded color
    -clear RED proc visuals like "Marked", "Drown" etc

They want to solve the problem without possibly dissatisfying a large portion of payers who enjoy cool visuals, even while playing in pve maps.

As long as the gameplay isn't blocked, the option to disable visuals immediately becomes a preference instead of a necessity.
    agreed , if they start disabling an aura because a few cry babies who didnt get the LB auras dont wanna cry more when they see people in towne with it . they can just leave towne or go sit in there little starter houses and stare at there non visualised non location non affecting there little 3gb ram data speed mc donalds wifi little toons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
    agreed , if they start disabling an aura because a few cry babies who didnt get the LB auras dont wanna cry more when they see people in towne with it . they can just leave towne or go sit in there little starter houses and stare at there non visualised non location non affecting there little 3gb ram data speed mc donalds wifi little toons

I've done many lb, you can visit my tavern (its open, and same ign as forum name) and check it. I even have some lb banners that i dont display at home. Anyway, i see that your point still goes around about what others think about you..pretty sad imho.
    In case you didn't get it yet, auras affect my gameplay IN MAPS. I don't really care about people like you, who only live to show off fake pixels. Not gonna comment what i think about such people, i made my point clear before

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

Then only solution i can see is that anti-aura people create a new guild name.... Anti-Aura guild!

only rule is "No Aura allowed"

This way all the people from this guild can run in party with people who don't wear aura!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Then only solution i can see is that anti-aura people create a new guild name.... Anti-Aura guild!

This way all the people from this guild can run in party with people who don't wear aura!!
    hahah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Nobody is talking about hide your own aura on your screen. So...are you saying that your only goal to wear an aura is to look nice on other' people eyes?
    Following your example, we could suggest a guild for people who only play to look nice for others....even being ridiculous.
    I don't understand how it will affect you that i can hide your aura on my screen. Not in yours, only in mine.

I was expecting more mature discussion about this, but i guess i was too optimistic

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay?
    - An

I’m going to assume you mean - any aura I don’t wanna see

Because I can’t play a game and not look at it

Not gonna reply to the person who resorted to presumptive insults rather than a logical response
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 12-29-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Suentous

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Nobody is talking about hide your own aura on your screen. So...are you saying that your only goal to wear an aura is to look nice on other' people eyes?
    Following your example, we could suggest a guild for people who only play to look nice for others....even being ridiculous.
    I don't understand how it will affect you that i can hide your aura on my screen. Not in yours, only in mine.

I was expecting more mature discussion about this, but i guess i was too optimistic
    Please i don’t want arguing, i am just saying why they will never give option to hide aura, the reason i gave (about social standing etc) is why you will never get what you want, and seing how the nice aura are selling i’m sure they will never put this option, simply cuz when people buy a Ferrari they want to show it, this is not my personal opinion, i’m just seing this as a fact and expose it here as the only explanation i can think of, so please no hard feeling
    Last edited by PatD; 12-29-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

- An

I’m going to assume you mean - any aura I don’t wanna see

Because I can’t play a game and not look at it

Not gonna reply to the person who resorted to presumptive insults rather than a logical response
    If you have feel offensed i am very sorry my friend, this was the last thing i want, im just try to give a logical explanation of why they will not add option to hide aura, i would never insult you my friend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Have you considered a subscription service for the players? I would pay ya each month to be able to turn off auras..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

If you have feel offensed i am very sorry my friend, this was the last thing i want, im just try to give a logical explanation of why they will not add option to hide aura, i would never insult you my friend!
    We’re good, I know you well enough to know you aren’t disrespectful even if we disagree my friend

I’ll take your farrari metaphor & run w it

Say guy w “nice” car wants to be viewed as flashy or rich
    Some ppl like me don’t see ppl w that car as flashy or rich
    In fact I usually see that person in a bad way which is the opposite of what they want
    Why? I usually think that person is insecure and flaunts when they could display the enviable virtue of humility & self security

That’s what I mean when I say no one needs to care how I see them, that sounds insecure

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Have you considered a subscription service for the players? I would pay ya each month to be able to turn off auras..
    YES anything to get rid of game impeding seizure inducing technicolor vomit

When zhulong was released, sts reduced his aura for a reason, now all players can have 2 or 3 auras overlapping and that’s ok?
    Makes no sense

So again, because no one can offer a logical response I’ll repeat myself until I hear a logical response

*what is the difference between allowing us to turn off badges names and titles, but not simply allow players to turn off auras on their own screen?*

Most ppl like them and won’t do this, so ppl who are concerned about what I see on my screen should know most ppl are seeing exactly what aura lovers want them to see, so why be bothered by a minority who DONT AFFECT THEM

Most responses against the turn off option are hyperbole, straw man, or insults
    Suentous

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

We’re good, I know you well enough to know you aren’t disrespectful even if we disagree my friend

I’ll take your farrari metaphor & run w it

Say guy w “nice” car wants to be viewed as flashy or rich
    Some ppl like me don’t see ppl w that car as flashy or rich
    In fact I usually see that person in a bad way which is the opposite of what they want
    Why? I usually think that person is insecure and flaunts when they could display the enviable virtue of humility & self security

That’s what I mean when I say no one needs to care how I see them, that sounds insecure

YES anything to get rid of game impeding seizure inducing technicolor vomit

When zhulong was released, sts reduced his aura for a reason, now all players can have 2 or 3 auras overlapping and that’s ok?
    Makes no sense

So again, because no one can offer a logical response I’ll repeat myself until I hear a logical response

*what is the difference between allowing us to turn off badges names and titles, but not simply allow players to turn off auras on their own screen?*

Most ppl like them and won’t do this, so ppl who are concerned about what I see on my screen should know most ppl are seeing exactly what aura lovers want them to see, so why be bothered by a minority who DONT AFFECT THEM

Most responses against the turn off option are hyperbole, straw man, or insults
    if you wanna stare at naked toons this aint the game for you bruh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
    if you wanna stare at naked toons this aint the game for you bruh

No kink shaming
    X’D
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Hmm i would pay for the opposite...

I have to agree with Analytical in all parts. It's natural social standing nowadays. Not that I like it, but it's influences many other things. Now won't the Rolex or Ferrari Market crash down if you don't have any people anymore who want them for showing them off? The same would happen to the most vanities, so it is indeed affecting gameplay. And in irl some people like artists give all their work to show something... It's the same with many players who work on their ingame outfit since long.

-1 for crashing auction house and dissappointing most of the people. I understand the problem but there must be another way.

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

I have to agree with Analytical in all parts. It's natural social standing nowadays. Not that I like it, but it's influences many other things. Now won't the Rolex or Ferrari Market crash down if you don't have any people anymore who want them for showing them off? The same would happen to the most vanities, so it is indeed affecting gameplay. And in irl some people like artists give all their work to show something... It's the same with many players who work on their ingame outfit since long.

-1 for crashing auction house and dissappointing most of the people. I understand the problem but there must be another way.

Saying the market will crash is the same as saying:
    No one will run an event for a title because I might have that option turned off
    No one will compete for a badge because I maybe have that turned off

Nonsense
    Suentous

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I think the only reason of turning badges and titles off is for things like screenshots and videos... You don't need an option to turn of aura there, you just can say everyone to unequip vanities for making the picture.

By the way one thing that would be possible is turning auras off from your party as pt leader maybe, so you can decide to run maps without them. This would be good for lb players.

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Me paying StS to be able to turn off auras would be the same in your scenario as me Paying your examples(Rolex, Ferrari) money to not look at their product. I don't use auras anyways so they don't make money off me regardless. It would be free money from me. Im sure the players that are in my shoes are a very small portion of the game, but its a way for me to support the game while getting something out of my money. I understand the other side of the talks, was just an idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

Saying the market will crash is the same as saying:
    No one will run an event for a title because I might have that option turned off
    No one will compete for a badge because I maybe have that turned off

Nonsense
    Ikr, I have all broadcasts turned off. I assume ppl are still getting married, guilds battling and loots dropping.
    Also off for titles n badges, any other look at me. I dress solely for my pleasure. I don’t care to impress strangers online.
    In rl, I’m flashy af, buy still to please myself..
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

You people are overthinking it, an option to hide “Vanity Wisps” from other players is all that is needed.

For those who are defending the idea of not allowing an option to turn off “Vanity Wisps” what’s the difference from hiding helmet/player name/title.

I’m not sure about you but I wear my auras so my own character could look good, I don’t care for who’s around me.

In simpler terms, add the option to turn “Player Wisp on/off” if you like auras and or like to see others wearing different ones, you keep it on. If you don’t like auras, simple use the “Turn Off” option and you’re done.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post: