Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aura visuals

  1. #21
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    -1 why would you wear or buy new cosmetic items when no one sees what you wear anyways...

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    You wear your aura cuz you are looking at yourself on your screen n like it

    You don’t know what I’m seeing on my screen and should not care what I see or what I think about you
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  2. #22
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,525
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    187
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Yes, but the difference is that normal vanities, gears, pets, stats, etc don't affect my gameplay. I don't care about the gold you (or others) spent on game. Its pixels gold...
    Affecting gameplay is pretty subjective.

    In the context of running pve map, on top of aura blocking visual, it could also mean someone I put on ignore list is appearing on my map and I want the option for example to make him disappear from my screen as I'm significantly distressed by it. And under the same condition, the aura visuals could actually be enjoyed by other players who don't see it as impeding their gameplay but more like adding colors to the boring map they run everyday once they get good at playing dm for example, they don't care if you are blocking them visually they still can time their skills properly or move around until they get to see what's happening.

    Further discussion is as follows in my reply to Stephen:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Irl I can hide what I want by not looking at it

    Again -
    What is the difference between allowing us to turn off badges names and titles
    And allowing me to turn off auras on my screen!?!?
    Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay?

    Of course we can avoid seeing anything we don't like by keeping a distance the discussion is only valid for close proximity where its within the scope of our sight and we can't avoid it like in the case of aura right beside us whether it's too bright or rotating shhet visually blocking us.

    Back to the topic, I disagree with disabling aura visuals not because I'm okay with it blocking me, nor am I disregarding the fact that it actually hinders gameplay, rather it's because I think there are other ways to navigate around it without the endless discussion on who has the final say on who is seeing what I'm displaying.

    Isn't the main problem blocking our gameplay?

    So assomer and sts team
    -made it clearer for people to see when boss attacks by using dark and bolded color
    -clear RED proc visuals like "Marked", "Drown" etc

    They want to solve the problem without possibly dissatisfying a large portion of players who enjoy cool visuals, even while playing in pve maps.

    As long as the gameplay isn't blocked, the option to disable visuals immediately becomes a preference instead of a necessity.
    Last edited by Analytical; 12-29-2021 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added Reply to blue Haze

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  4. #23
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay? :P

    Of course we can avoid seeing anything we don't like by keeping a distance the discussion is only valid for close proximity where its within the scope of our sight and we can't avoid it like in the case of aura right beside us whether it's too bright or rotating shhet visually blocking us.

    Back to the topic, I disagree with disabling aura visuals not because I'm okay with it blocking me, nor am I disregarding the fact that it actually hinders gameplay, rather it's because I think there are other ways to navigate around it without the endless discussion on who has the final say on who is seeing what I'm displaying.

    Isn't the main problem blocking our gameplay?

    So assomer and sts team
    -made it clearer for people to see when boss attacks by using dark and bolded color
    -clear RED proc visuals like "Marked", "Drown" etc

    They want to solve the problem without possibly dissatisfying a large portion of payers who enjoy cool visuals, even while playing in pve maps.

    As long as the gameplay isn't blocked, the option to disable visuals immediately becomes a preference instead of a necessity.
    agreed , if they start disabling an aura because a few cry babies who didnt get the LB auras dont wanna cry more when they see people in towne with it . they can just leave towne or go sit in there little starter houses and stare at there non visualised non location non affecting there little 3gb ram data speed mc donalds wifi little toons


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    625
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    335
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    273
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
    agreed , if they start disabling an aura because a few cry babies who didnt get the LB auras dont wanna cry more when they see people in towne with it . they can just leave towne or go sit in there little starter houses and stare at there non visualised non location non affecting there little 3gb ram data speed mc donalds wifi little toons


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've done many lb, you can visit my tavern (its open, and same ign as forum name) and check it. I even have some lb banners that i dont display at home. Anyway, i see that your point still goes around about what others think about you..pretty sad imho.
    In case you didn't get it yet, auras affect my gameplay IN MAPS. I don't really care about people like you, who only live to show off fake pixels. Not gonna comment what i think about such people, i made my point clear before

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,544
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    756
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

    Default

    Then only solution i can see is that anti-aura people create a new guild name.... Anti-Aura guild!

    only rule is "No Aura allowed"

    This way all the people from this guild can run in party with people who don't wear aura!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:


  9. #26
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Then only solution i can see is that anti-aura people create a new guild name.... Anti-Aura guild!

    only rule is "No Aura allowed"

    This way all the people from this guild can run in party with people who don't wear aura!!
    hahah


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    625
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    335
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    273
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Then only solution i can see is that anti-aura people create a new guild name.... Anti-Aura guild!

    only rule is "No Aura allowed"

    This way all the people from this guild can run in party with people who don't wear aura!!
    Nobody is talking about hide your own aura on your screen. So...are you saying that your only goal to wear an aura is to look nice on other' people eyes?
    Following your example, we could suggest a guild for people who only play to look nice for others....even being ridiculous.
    I don't understand how it will affect you that i can hide your aura on my screen. Not in yours, only in mine.

    I was expecting more mature discussion about this, but i guess i was too optimistic

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:


  12. #28
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay?
    - An

    I’m going to assume you mean - any aura I don’t wanna see

    Because I can’t play a game and not look at it


    Not gonna reply to the person who resorted to presumptive insults rather than a logical response
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 12-29-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:


  14. #29
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,544
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    756
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Nobody is talking about hide your own aura on your screen. So...are you saying that your only goal to wear an aura is to look nice on other' people eyes?
    Following your example, we could suggest a guild for people who only play to look nice for others....even being ridiculous.
    I don't understand how it will affect you that i can hide your aura on my screen. Not in yours, only in mine.

    I was expecting more mature discussion about this, but i guess i was too optimistic
    Please i don’t want arguing, i am just saying why they will never give option to hide aura, the reason i gave (about social standing etc) is why you will never get what you want, and seing how the nice aura are selling i’m sure they will never put this option, simply cuz when people buy a Ferrari they want to show it, this is not my personal opinion, i’m just seing this as a fact and expose it here as the only explanation i can think of, so please no hard feeling
    Last edited by PatD; 12-29-2021 at 07:39 PM.

  15. #30
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,544
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    756
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    640
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Good idea, maybe apply that to the aura you want to see so badly so it doesn't affect your gameplay?
    - An

    I’m going to assume you mean - any aura I don’t wanna see

    Because I can’t play a game and not look at it


    Not gonna reply to the person who resorted to presumptive insults rather than a logical response
    If you have feel offensed i am very sorry my friend, this was the last thing i want, im just try to give a logical explanation of why they will not add option to hide aura, i would never insult you my friend!

  16. #31
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Have you considered a subscription service for the players? I would pay ya each month to be able to turn off auras..

  17. #32
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    If you have feel offensed i am very sorry my friend, this was the last thing i want, im just try to give a logical explanation of why they will not add option to hide aura, i would never insult you my friend!
    We’re good, I know you well enough to know you aren’t disrespectful even if we disagree my friend

    I’ll take your farrari metaphor & run w it

    Say guy w “nice” car wants to be viewed as flashy or rich
    Some ppl like me don’t see ppl w that car as flashy or rich
    In fact I usually see that person in a bad way which is the opposite of what they want
    Why? I usually think that person is insecure and flaunts when they could display the enviable virtue of humility & self security

    That’s what I mean when I say no one needs to care how I see them, that sounds insecure


    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Have you considered a subscription service for the players? I would pay ya each month to be able to turn off auras..
    YES anything to get rid of game impeding seizure inducing technicolor vomit


    When zhulong was released, sts reduced his aura for a reason, now all players can have 2 or 3 auras overlapping and that’s ok?
    Makes no sense

    So again, because no one can offer a logical response I’ll repeat myself until I hear a logical response

    *what is the difference between allowing us to turn off badges names and titles, but not simply allow players to turn off auras on their own screen?*

    Most ppl like them and won’t do this, so ppl who are concerned about what I see on my screen should know most ppl are seeing exactly what aura lovers want them to see, so why be bothered by a minority who DONT AFFECT THEM

    Most responses against the turn off option are hyperbole, straw man, or insults
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:


  19. #33
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    We’re good, I know you well enough to know you aren’t disrespectful even if we disagree my friend

    I’ll take your farrari metaphor & run w it

    Say guy w “nice” car wants to be viewed as flashy or rich
    Some ppl like me don’t see ppl w that car as flashy or rich
    In fact I usually see that person in a bad way which is the opposite of what they want
    Why? I usually think that person is insecure and flaunts when they could display the enviable virtue of humility & self security

    That’s what I mean when I say no one needs to care how I see them, that sounds insecure




    YES anything to get rid of game impeding seizure inducing technicolor vomit


    When zhulong was released, sts reduced his aura for a reason, now all players can have 2 or 3 auras overlapping and that’s ok?
    Makes no sense

    So again, because no one can offer a logical response I’ll repeat myself until I hear a logical response

    *what is the difference between allowing us to turn off badges names and titles, but not simply allow players to turn off auras on their own screen?*

    Most ppl like them and won’t do this, so ppl who are concerned about what I see on my screen should know most ppl are seeing exactly what aura lovers want them to see, so why be bothered by a minority who DONT AFFECT THEM

    Most responses against the turn off option are hyperbole, straw man, or insults
    if you wanna stare at naked toons this aint the game for you bruh


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #34
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
    if you wanna stare at naked toons this aint the game for you bruh


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No kink shaming
    X’D
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  21. #35
    Forum Adept Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Have you considered a subscription service for the players? I would pay ya each month to be able to turn off auras..
    Hmm i would pay for the opposite...

    I have to agree with Analytical in all parts. It's natural social standing nowadays. Not that I like it, but it's influences many other things. Now won't the Rolex or Ferrari Market crash down if you don't have any people anymore who want them for showing them off? The same would happen to the most vanities, so it is indeed affecting gameplay. And in irl some people like artists give all their work to show something... It's the same with many players who work on their ingame outfit since long.

    -1 for crashing auction house and dissappointing most of the people. I understand the problem but there must be another way.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

  22. #36
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,133
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    Hmm i would pay for the opposite...

    I have to agree with Analytical in all parts. It's natural social standing nowadays. Not that I like it, but it's influences many other things. Now won't the Rolex or Ferrari Market crash down if you don't have any people anymore who want them for showing them off? The same would happen to the most vanities, so it is indeed affecting gameplay. And in irl some people like artists give all their work to show something... It's the same with many players who work on their ingame outfit since long.

    -1 for crashing auction house and dissappointing most of the people. I understand the problem but there must be another way.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Saying the market will crash is the same as saying:
    No one will run an event for a title because I might have that option turned off
    No one will compete for a badge because I maybe have that turned off

    Nonsense
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:


  24. #37
    Forum Adept Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    I think the only reason of turning badges and titles off is for things like screenshots and videos... You don't need an option to turn of aura there, you just can say everyone to unequip vanities for making the picture.

    By the way one thing that would be possible is turning auras off from your party as pt leader maybe, so you can decide to run maps without them. This would be good for lb players.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

  25. #38
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    130
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    Hmm i would pay for the opposite...

    I have to agree with Analytical in all parts. It's natural social standing nowadays. Not that I like it, but it's influences many other things. Now won't the Rolex or Ferrari Market crash down if you don't have any people anymore who want them for showing them off? The same would happen to the most vanities, so it is indeed affecting gameplay. And in irl some people like artists give all their work to show something... It's the same with many players who work on their ingame outfit since long.

    -1 for crashing auction house and dissappointing most of the people. I understand the problem but there must be another way.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Me paying StS to be able to turn off auras would be the same in your scenario as me Paying your examples(Rolex, Ferrari) money to not look at their product. I don't use auras anyways so they don't make money off me regardless. It would be free money from me. Im sure the players that are in my shoes are a very small portion of the game, but its a way for me to support the game while getting something out of my money. I understand the other side of the talks, was just an idea.

  26. #39
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    2,355
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    736
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Saying the market will crash is the same as saying:
    No one will run an event for a title because I might have that option turned off
    No one will compete for a badge because I maybe have that turned off

    Nonsense
    Ikr, I have all broadcasts turned off. I assume ppl are still getting married, guilds battling and loots dropping.
    Also off for titles n badges, any other look at me. I dress solely for my pleasure. I don’t care to impress strangers online.
    In rl, I’m flashy af, buy still to please myself..


    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..

  27. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    To your right
    Posts
    1,770
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    832
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    470
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

    Default

    You people are overthinking it, an option to hide “Vanity Wisps” from other players is all that is needed.

    For those who are defending the idea of not allowing an option to turn off “Vanity Wisps” what’s the difference from hiding helmet/player name/title.

    I’m not sure about you but I wear my auras so my own character could look good, I don’t care for who’s around me.

    In simpler terms, add the option to turn “Player Wisp on/off” if you like auras and or like to see others wearing different ones, you keep it on. If you don’t like auras, simple use the “Turn Off” option and you’re done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2021, 08:43 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2021, 10:11 PM
  3. Set Visuals
    By Buchmeister in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2019, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
  5. L75 Full SET Bonus Visuals
    By Fastcast in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •