Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 96

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aura visuals

  1. #41
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    You people are overthinking it, an option to hide “Vanity Wisps” from other players is all that is needed.

    For those who are defending the idea of not allowing an option to turn off “Vanity Wisps” what’s the difference from hiding helmet/player name/title.

    I’m not sure about you but I wear my auras so my own character could look good, I don’t care for who’s around me.

    In simpler terms, add the option to turn “Player Wisp on/off” if you like auras and or like to see others wearing different ones, you keep it on. If you don’t like auras, simple use the “Turn Off” option and you’re done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the inspiration.

    Here's a checklist, albeit not exhaustive:
    (feel free to add)

    ✅Player Name
    ✅Title
    ✅Badge
    ✅Seasonal rank/Pvp Rank
    ✅Gears(Helm) ​
    ✅Vanities (Helm, Armor)
    ✅Player buff
    ✅Pets name
    Gears(Armor, Belt, Ring, Amulet, Artifact)
    Vanities (Weapon, Banner, Backpack, Aura)
    Player stats
    Pets display
    Map names, Map level range, Map timer
    Menu page
    Avatar display
    Boss/Mob hp display
    Damage dealt display
    Health regeneration display
    Other people Proc display
    Boss/mobs attacks display
    "Ghost mode"
    Guildhall furniture display

    Alternatively, to make things even easier, here's the ultimate button to disable all:

    "Uninstall button"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  3. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    To your right
    Posts
    1,755
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    826
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    461
    Thanked in
    253 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Thank you for the inspiration.

    Here's a checklist, albeit not exhaustive:
    (feel free to add)

    Player Name
    Title
    Badge
    Seasonal rank/Pvp Rank
    Gears(Helm) ​
    Vanities (Helm, Armor)
    Player buff
    Pets name
    Gears(Armor, Belt, Ring, Amulet, Artifact)
    Vanities (Weapon, Banner, Backpack, Aura)
    Player stats
    Pets display
    Map names, Map level range, Map timer
    Menu page
    Avatar display
    Boss/Mob hp display
    Damage dealt display
    Health regeneration display
    Other people Proc display
    Boss/mobs attacks display
    "Ghost mode"
    Guildhall furniture display

    Alternatively, to make things even easier, here's the ultimate button to disable all:

    "Uninstall button"
    You’re overthinking it, it’s just the wisp. Everything else has been fine since 2012 imo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:


  5. #43
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    You’re overthinking it, it’s just the wisp. Everything else has been fine since 2012 imo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You guys are "overreacting" to the aura too, as boss attacks, procs etc are much clearer than they were before.

    Aura impeding gameplay?

    Nah its fine (:

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  7. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    To your right
    Posts
    1,755
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    826
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    461
    Thanked in
    253 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    You guys are "overreacting" to the aura too, as boss attacks, procs etc are much clearer than they were before.

    Aura impeding gameplay?

    Nah its fine (:
    The game won’t explode if they add the option to turn “Aura Wisps” off/on. If you must know, I don’t CARE if they add the “Off/On” option or not, this thread is to have some feedback about whether or not it’s a good idea to do so, hence the Thread Topic.

    Proc visuals of any item or pet arcane ability, even boss attack damage visuals is another topic since they’re randomly timed and wisps are constant. I never condoned Proc Legends, that’s the fault of STS not mine. Being sarcastic on a feedback topic isn’t helping either.

    This is just my own opinion, you’re welcome to agree or disagree. Frankly I don’t care for either, but since STS is asking for feedback I’d gladly support the idea of having the option of having “Vanity Wisp On/Off”.

    Thanks in advance and happy holidays.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:


  9. #45
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    I think the only reason of turning badges and titles off is for things like screenshots and videos... You don't need an option to turn of aura there, you just can say everyone to unequip vanities for making the picture.

    By the way one thing that would be possible is turning auras off from your party as pt leader maybe, so you can decide to run maps without them. This would be good for lb players.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Aha
    So it “would be good for lb players”
    Why restrict something good for a few lb runners when that something good could be for ANYONE who wants it?
    Lb runners, event runners, & all random pick up games should also get that good thing
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  10. #46
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    You guys are "overreacting" to the aura too, as boss attacks, procs etc are much clearer than they were before.

    Aura impeding gameplay?

    Nah its fine (:
    You speak for yourself
    Others disagree with you


    How would having this option affect you negatively
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  11. #47
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    The game won’t explode if they add the option to turn “Aura Wisps” off/on. If you must know, I don’t CARE if they add the “Off/On” option or not, this thread is to have some feedback about whether or not it’s a good idea to do so, hence the Thread Topic.

    Proc visuals of any item or pet arcane ability, even boss attack damage visuals is another topic since they’re randomly timed and wisps are constant. I never condoned Proc Legends, that’s the fault of STS not mine. Being sarcastic on a feedback topic isn’t helping either.

    This is just my own opinion, you’re welcome to agree or disagree. Frankly I don’t care for either, but since STS is asking for feedback I’d gladly support the idea of having the option of having “Vanity Wisp On/Off”.

    Thanks in advance and happy holidays.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy 2022 too (:

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    The game won’t explode if they add the option to turn “Aura Wisps” off/on
    Vice versa is also true (:

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    ..... since they’re randomly timed and wisps are constant
    Nice, this means aura is only occasionally impeding? So with the improvement on boss attacks/proc visuals and more to come, it is thus less of an issue of priority.

    In short, my stand is simple too.

    I don't disagree with adding the option ON/Off. However to be fair, if I support this option, I would have to agree for sts to add all of the above in the checklist as well, as I don't see why not too since there are all not a priority/necessity at the moment but more of a preference for more control or "cleaner gameplay".

  12. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    To your right
    Posts
    1,755
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    826
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    461
    Thanked in
    253 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Happy 2022 too (:


    Vice versa is also true (:


    Nice, this means aura is only occasionally impeding? So with the improvement on boss attacks/proc visuals and more to come, it is thus less of an issue of priority.

    In short, my stand is simple too.

    I don't disagree with adding the option ON/Off. However to be fair, if I support this option, I would have to agree for sts to add all of the above in the checklist as well, as I don't see why not too since there are all not a priority/necessity at the moment but more of a preference for more control or "cleaner gameplay".
    It’s not that deep… your point is if they do implement an “On/Off” option for “Vanity Wisps”, they should do so with the list you’ve shown above as-well.

    That’s fine, I agree. If they do add all those options you mentioned, that would just be a bonus to what some players already want.

    All in all, 90% of the AL population can agree with your statement but at the end of the day its Cinco’s game so he will unfortunately decide whether or not he wants to sadly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #49
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    I don't disagree with adding the option ON/Off. However to be fair, if I support this option, I would have to agree for sts to add all of the above in the checklist as well, as I don't see why not too since there are all not a priority/necessity at the moment but more of a preference for more control or "cleaner gameplay".
    That’s kinda straw man to our issue which is only the option to turn off auras
    You can start a new suggestion thread for all those other things

    Glad you don’t disagreeing w us having the option
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  14. #50
    Forum Adept Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Aha
    So it “would be good for lb players”
    Why restrict something good for a few lb runners when that something good could be for ANYONE who wants it?
    Lb runners, event runners, & all random pick up games should also get that good thing
    What i wanted to say is, that it can be good, in small groups, where every1 agrees, like parties, however, overall that's not the case.

    However, i'm tired of discussing, so i leave my +1 to everything Analytical said.

    But i hope the dev team would bring up a poll on an important topic like that, so that the community could decide itself, before they rush in with their finall decisions.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

  15. #51
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    What i wanted to say is, that it can be good, in small groups, where every1 agrees, like parties, however, overall that's not the case.

    However, i'm tired of discussing, so i leave my +1 to everything Analytical said.

    But i hope the dev team would bring up a poll on an important topic like that, so that the community could decide itself, before they rush in with their finall decisions.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    So it can be good for some groups but not others? HOW!?!?
    How could it not be ok to have as an option?

    How would it affect you negatively if I could turn off auras on my screen?

    Btw if you wanna +1 everything they said then you are agreeing that it would be ok to have that option as they said
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  16. #52
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    485
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    So it can be good for some groups but not others? HOW!?!?
    How could it not be ok to have as an option?

    How would it affect you negatively if I could turn off auras on my screen?

    Btw if you wanna +1 everything they said then you are agreeing that it would be ok to have that option as they said
    Why are you arguing with him? He’s literally arguing with you for agreeing on the same thing you’re talking about. In other words he’s either a moron or an idiot.

    But to the topic at hand +1 on having aura vanities on and off button. Also what analytical said, having all those options are practically useless but sure why not +1. Who knows maybe not knowing how much damage I’m doing to the boss will help in my gameplay.

  17. #53
    Forum Adept Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    So it can be good for some groups but not others? HOW!?!?
    How could it not be ok to have as an option?

    How would it affect you negatively if I could turn off auras on my screen?

    Btw if you wanna +1 everything they said then you are agreeing that it would be ok to have that option as they said
    Yes with all the other options too, the yes lol

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

  18. #54
    Forum Adept Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    91
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why are you arguing with him? He’s literally arguing with you for agreeing on the same thing you’re talking about. In other words he’s either a moron or an idiot.

    But to the topic at hand +1 on having aura vanities on and off button. Also what analytical said, having all those options are practically useless but sure why not +1. Who knows maybe not knowing how much damage I’m doing to the boss will help in my gameplay.
    Now that's a funny guy tho

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

  19. #55
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why are you arguing with him?
    Obsessed w logic, or lack thereof possibly ocd, might be my fault
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  20. #56
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    That’s fine, I agree. If they do add all those options you mentioned, that would just be a bonus to what some players already want.

    All in all, 90% of the AL population can agree with your statement but at the end of the day its Cinco’s game so he will unfortunately decide whether or not he wants to sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Glad you don't disagreeing w us having the option
    To clarify, I don't disagree to have the option, but I sure don't support it as well.

    Just before any drama comes in here, No, I'm definitely not trying to confuse anyone.
    By not disagreeing what I mean is if dev implemented this without any poll or caring what others have said, I wouldn't make a thread crying about it.
    By not supporting I mean to say if there were to be a poll on this, I would vote no.


    So, if this interest you, read on.

    (Warning: Long post ahead. I would be going constructively deep and wouldn't be so dismissive on this being a simple topic to discuss as from what I see, it actually involves many things on rights, gameplay, dev income etc so I would like to take all these into consideration hence, a deeper analysis/look into this)

    I don't disagree the option of ON/OFF aura because
    1. While the owner of aura has the right to wear the aura, they have no right to force anyone to look at them. People look at them willingly or most of the time because there are close to them and it enters their sight, conveniently making others look at what they are wearing. Hence I don't see the problem for people to decide not to see this aura by giving them the option.
    2. Like Golden King said, in the end its up to cinco so it's no big deal to me if dev decided to really add this. While this would be great news to a handful of people who enjoy cleaner gameplay, of course, there will be some people who may be seriously upsetted if this option to turn off aura becomes available because they can't show off anymore unless someone allows them to.

    I don't support the option of ON/Off Aura because
    1. There are far more important things imo that dev should look at, given the limited time and resources and size of sts team, I would support suggestions that would significantly help the game like focusing on solving issues such as class balance, new gears, gold economy, new players experience just to name a few.

    2. There may be a potential concern (Reason why dev may not want to add this option)

    When owners wear the aura, arguably, it affects others to a certain extent to do the same as well. You see someone look nice, so you want to look nice too. This creates additional demand for the exclusive vanity in store, hence more income for sts. So if dev upset a group of people who bought the aura whose only purpose is to impress someone or others (or to show that there are the "ELITE group" instead of wearing it for themselves to enjoy) this means there will very much likely to have lower sales (than they would have otherwise) from one of the most hot selling store items - aura.

    Why? Because not only does this group of people who want to show off stop buying, when less people wear it as a result, people perceive it as "less desirable" so less people would be affected by those who are wearing it.
    Put this another way, you see rich people wearing all sorts of shiny things, you tell yourself one day I want to be rich too (and that most likely means wearing all the shiny stuff including aura). So this effect is in fact pretty powerful.

    Overall the above means lower demand for store auras and hence lower income for sts. If you are a business owner, I'm sure you would want as many avenues for income as possible, and with aura being the latest hit in AL, I'm certain they wouldn't want to risk touching it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    How could it not be ok to have as an option?
    How would it affect you negatively if I could turn off auras on my screen?
    As replied above, the potential negative impact is not so much on me, or others (the aura owners) but more so on dev.

    In short, I would not vote for this for reasons mentioned earlier.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  22. #57
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,198
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    ^ you imagine that ppl will buy less

    I disagree because ppl always run for titles badges which cost money often

    Additional envious demand won’t change for the above reason

    I don’t see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won’t buy anymore if it’s implemented

    Anything else?
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  23. #58
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    751
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    134
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    ^ you imagine that ppl will buy less

    I disagree because ppl always run for titles badges which cost money often

    Additional envious demand won’t change for the above reason

    I don’t see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won’t buy anymore if it’s implemented

    Anything else?
    You waste your time arguing with that guy, he is totally contradictory, he says he does not support changes, but he literally made a thread, where he asks to turn off the auras. You can check it is a few threads below.

  24. #59
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    485
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    You waste your time arguing with that guy, he is totally contradictory, he says he does not support changes, but he literally made a thread, where he asks to turn off the auras. You can check it is a few threads below.
    I can’t believe you would post such a thing, people can have the right to change opinion, it’s only natural as a species……. Cease your investigation immediately!!!Only you can see this part of the message, don’t comment anymore for you decide the fate of it all, Cinco, the Devs are all in on it!!! SEARCH IN THE CLOUDS THEY KNOW THE ANSWERS!!!The shadow masters will speak with you shortly, stay tuned……. We evolve to agree just disagree to someone else’s liking. Thank you.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:


  26. #60
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,519
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    184
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    You waste your time arguing with that guy, he is totally contradictory, he says he does not support changes, but he literally made a thread, where he asks to turn off the auras. You can check it is a few threads below.
    This guy is consistently having comprehension problem.

    Turning on/off satellite = Turning on/off aura?

    Wow. Dude. Just wow.

    Here's the thread link:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...rnative-option

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    ^ you imagine that ppl will buy less
    I disagree because ppl always run for titles badges which cost money often
    Additional envious demand wont change for the above reason
    Envious demand can come from many sources, like auras, op gears, vanities, beautiful houses/furniture etc etc. It's obviously not just exclusive to title and badges.

    Notice that I'm referring specifically to this particular source - aura sales and the envious demand/additional demand that comes solely from it. For sure, I'm aware sts is making good money from people who want badges/titles, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Also, while I understand there are many things sts is selling/making money from, I'm definitely not gonna go all over the place here.

    I hope we stay within our aura topic discussion and be relevant in our replies.

    Anyway Back to topic, for each source of this envious demand, it contributes to additional demand for a store item (in this case Aura, which happened to be one of the hottest store sales) and hence additional income for sts. Introducing this toggle option for aura display means risking this particular source of additional demand/income.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    I don't see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they wont buy anymore if its implemented
    Don't want to sound offensive but this is totally nonsense. I expect more from you than this, imagine me saying the same thing but different version:
    "I don't see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won't buy less if its implemented"

    Of course we don't know this data as of now unless we actually make a poll on it, so no point using this shaky assumption in anyone's defense of their stand here. That's why I clearly mentioned the above is a possible concern that may be holding dev back from giving us the toggle option for aura, never did I ever claim that this is what happens.
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-02-2022 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Added reply to Stephen

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2021, 08:43 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2021, 10:11 PM
  3. Set Visuals
    By Buchmeister in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2019, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
  5. L75 Full SET Bonus Visuals
    By Fastcast in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •