Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 96

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aura visuals

  1. #61
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Yes please, option to toggle them off...

    We already have options to toggle off other obstructions that affect others gameplay stated numerous times above; badges titles etc.. But again, a similar approach was done with titles badges.. but did people run less leaderboards or events? Nope. Its more competitive than ever with scores climbing higher and higher by the year.

    Furthermore, what is the logic behind sales from aura's being less if this option was implemented? Again, this is an option.. People who care will have this toggled on, but, when people have this toggled off means that they don't give a damn about you. Why would you buy less aura's? To flex to people that don't care?

    Also consider the people who find the game unplayable with the obstructions set by aura's affecting their gameplay, they may quit or play the game less, hence, affecting activity and income. Which is very likely.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  3. #62
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Yes please, option to toggle them off...

    We already have options to toggle off other obstructions that affect others gameplay stated numerous times above; badges titles etc.. But again, a similar approach was done with titles badges.. but did people run less leaderboards or events? Nope. Its more competitive than ever with scores climbing higher and higher by the year.

    Furthermore, what is the logic behind sales from aura's being less if this option was implemented? Again, this is an option.. People who care will have this toggled on, but, when people have this toggled off means that they don't give a damn about you. Why would you buy less aura's? To flex to people that don't care?

    Also consider the people who find the game unplayable with the obstructions set by aura's affecting their gameplay, they may quit or play the game less, hence, affecting activity and income. Which is very likely.
    In a clearer sequence, same reply to you

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Nice, this means aura is only occasionally impeding? So with the improvement on boss attacks/proc visuals and more to come, it is thus less of an issue of priority.

    In short, my stand is simple too.

    I don't disagree with adding the option ON/Off. However to be fair, if I support this option, I would have to agree for sts to add all of the above in the checklist as well, as I don't see why not too since there are all not a priority/necessity at the moment but more of a preference for more control or "cleaner gameplay".
    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Affecting gameplay is pretty subjective.

    In the context of running pve map, on top of aura blocking visual, it could also mean someone I put on ignore list is appearing on my map and I want the option for example to make him disappear from my screen as I'm significantly distressed by it. And under the same condition, the aura visuals could actually be enjoyed by other players who don't see it as impeding their gameplay but more like adding colors to the boring map they run everyday once they get good at playing dm for example, they don't care if you are blocking them visually they still can time their skills properly or move around until they get to see what's happening.

    Isn't the main problem blocking our gameplay?

    So assomer and sts team

    -made it clearer for people to see when boss attacks by using dark and bolded color

    -clear RED proc visuals like "Marked", "Drown" etc

    They want to solve the problem without possibly dissatisfying a large portion of players who enjoy cool visuals, even while playing in pve maps.

    As long as the gameplay isn't blocked, the option to disable visuals immediately becomes a preference instead of a necessity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post

    Here's a checklist, albeit not exhaustive:
    (feel free to add)

    Player Name
    Title
    Badge
    Seasonal rank/Pvp Rank
    Gears(Helm) ​
    Vanities (Helm, Armor)
    Player buff
    Pets name
    Gears(Armor, Belt, Ring, Amulet, Artifact)
    Vanities (Weapon, Banner, Backpack, Aura)
    Player stats
    Pets display
    Map names, Map level range, Map timer
    Menu page
    Avatar display
    Boss/Mob hp display
    Damage dealt display
    Health regeneration display
    Other people Proc display
    Boss/mobs attacks display
    "Ghost mode"
    Guildhall furniture display

    Alternatively, to make things even easier, here's the ultimate button to disable all:

    "Uninstall button"

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    There are far more important things imo that dev should look at, given the limited time and resources and size of sts team, I would support suggestions that would significantly help the game like focusing on solving issues such as class balance, new gears, gold economy, new players experience just to name a few.
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-02-2022 at 06:45 AM.

  4. #63
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Same reply to you:
    You're overthinking it. The premise is towards aura's impeding gameplay (pve/pvp and towns) aswell as proc visuals, as they affect gameplay the most and is much needed.

    The list you mentioned are other options to minimize the HUD, to better see the battlefield. In which I wouldn't mind having as well because again they're options? But whats the relevance with the topic behind aura's and procs?



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  6. #64
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    You're overthinking it. The premise is towards aura's impeding gameplay (pve/pvp and towns) aswell as proc visuals, as they affect gameplay the most and is much needed.

    The list you mentioned are other options to minimize the HUD, to better see the battlefield. In which I wouldn't mind having as well because again they're options? But whats the relevance with the topic behind aura's and procs?


    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Actually read before you reply. Please don't be another norturus who is renowned with his comprehension issues.

    No point engaging in a discussion where ppl don't read what was already said and keep asking the same sheet over and over again.

  7. #65
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Actually read before you reply. Please don't be another norturus who is renowned with his comprehension issues.

    No point engaging in a discussion where ppl don't read what was already said and keep asking the same sheet over and over again.
    Your argument states that sts must implement everything in your list if they'll implement this specific one.

    Why is that? Isn't the topic regarding how aura's and proc visuals affect gameplay, the numerous threads and comments about it? Your list has no relevance to the topic whatsoever.

    I thought u wanted a civil and mature discussion, but why are you resorting on insults and criticizing someones comprehensiveness and comparing it with others?



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  9. #66
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    I have yet to see a logical argument that hasn't already been proven otherwise with previous scenarios to why this shouldn't be a thing.

    It all boils down yet again with the "Sts has more important stuff to do" arguement which isn't a good arguement itself and been used as a last resort when they have nothing else to say or rebut.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  10. #67
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Your argument states that sts must implement everything in your list if they'll implement this specific one.

    Why is that? Isn't the topic regarding how aura's and proc visuals affect gameplay, the numerous threads and comments about it? Your list has no relevance to the topic whatsoever.

    I thought u wanted a civil and mature discussion, but why are you resorting on insults and criticizing someones comprehensiveness and comparing it with others?

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    When people legit don't read and comment from the bottom up, don't expect me to still be patient enough to type all those shhet again.

    Further, I don't see how is this insults, it is literally a DIRECT statement of fact: comprehension issue. It is what it is.

    No idea how many people like to selectively read things they like and totally disregard what they don't like as if it was never said. I have already made my point and will only reply to people who at least read before they so eagerly wanna comment down what they already have in mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    I have yet to see a logical argument that hasn't already been proven otherwise with previous scenarios to why this shouldn't be a thing.

    It all boils down yet again with the "Sts has more important stuff to do" arguement which isn't a good arguement itself and been used as a last resort when they have nothing else to say or rebut.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    How easy it is for you to dismiss it like it was nothing, nice, you call this a good rebuttal yourself?

    For once I actually thought you are at least one of those who can speak well, seems like I was completely mistaken.

    For god sake:
    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Isn't the main problem blocking our gameplay?

    So assomer and sts team

    -made it clearer for people to see when boss attacks by using dark and bolded color

    -clear RED proc visuals like "Marked", "Drown" etc

    They want to solve the problem without possibly dissatisfying a large portion of players who enjoy cool visuals, even while playing in pve maps.

    As long as the gameplay isn't blocked, the option to disable visuals immediately becomes a preference instead of a necessity.
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-02-2022 at 07:00 AM.

  11. #68
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    When people legit don't read and comment from the bottom up, don't expect me to still be patient enough to type all those shhet again.

    Further, I don't see how is this insults, it is literally a DIRECT statement of fact: comprehension issue. It is what it is.

    No idea how many people like to selectively read things they like and totally disregard what they don't like as if it was never said. I have already made my point and will only reply to people who at least read before they so eagerly wanna comment down what they already have in mind.
    No one was selectively reading. Your point was questioned for relevance but you resorted to the "I don't wanna discuss it futher", which only proves you have nothing else to say but to point fingers to people and label them with comprehensive issues.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  13. #69
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    which only proves you have nothing else to say
    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    This marks the first ever assumption from you, and you sounded so right about it fantastic.
    Simply look at how many comments I have included here, and decide for yourself if I don't have anything to say or if I merely couldn't care less about people who can't do the least to read.

    And to be fair, I would actually give you the benefit of doubt, and pretend in your first reply in this thread you did read everything before commenting. Maybe you missed out on something.

    So, relevance you say?
    If aura impeding gameplay means we need the toggle option, that means anything else in that checklist that has the same impeding/uncomfortable effect as aura should be included as well by the same logic, which directly leads to priority issue. Since they have already improved boss attack and proc visuals, this is now not something that would require as much attention as that of class balance.

    I know you are gonna ask me this doesn't mean this option shouldn't be added, like did i say i disagree with adding this option?
    I said i dont support it because of the two reasons earlier. This is why I said to read it before you reply.
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-02-2022 at 07:22 AM.

  14. #70
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    This marks the first ever assumption from you, and you sounded so right about it fantastic.
    Simply look at how many comments I have included here, and decide for yourself if I don't have anything to say or if I merely couldn't care less about people who can't do the least to read.

    And to be fair, I would actually give you the benefit of doubt, and pretend in your first reply in this thread you did read everything before commenting. Maybe you missed out on something.

    So, relevance you say?
    If aura impeding gameplay means we need the toggle option, that means anything else in that checklist that has the same impeding/uncomfortable effect as aura should be included as well by the same logic, which directly leads to priority issue. Since they have already improved boss attack and proc visuals, this is now not something that would require as much attention as that of class balance.

    I know you are gonna ask me this doesn't mean this option shouldn't be added, like did i say i disagree with adding this option?
    I said i dont support it because of the two reasons earlier. This is why I said to read it before you reply.
    Okay I missed exactly this part "Since they have already improved boss attack and proc visuals". All good now thanks!

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  15. #71
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    758
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    135
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    I can’t believe you would post such a thing, people can have the right to change opinion, it’s only natural as a species……. Cease your investigation immediately!!!Only you can see this part of the message, don’t comment anymore for you decide the fate of it all, Cinco, the Devs are all in on it!!! SEARCH IN THE CLOUDS THEY KNOW THE ANSWERS!!!The shadow masters will speak with you shortly, stay tuned……. We evolve to agree just disagree to someone else’s liking. Thank you.
    Incredible xD. Say that you do not support any change of auras and at the same time you are doing 1 thread requesting a shutdown of auras. Does that make any sense to you?

  16. #72
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    758
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    135
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    This guy is consistently having comprehension problem.

    Turning on/off satellite = Turning on/off aura?

    Wow. Dude. Just wow.

    Here's the thread link:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...rnative-option



    Envious demand can come from many sources, like auras, op gears, vanities, beautiful houses/furniture etc etc. It's obviously not just exclusive to title and badges.

    Notice that I'm referring specifically to this particular source - aura sales and the envious demand/additional demand that comes solely from it. For sure, I'm aware sts is making good money from people who want badges/titles, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Also, while I understand there are many things sts is selling/making money from, I'm definitely not gonna go all over the place here.

    I hope we stay within our aura topic discussion and be relevant in our replies.

    Anyway Back to topic, for each source of this envious demand, it contributes to additional demand for a store item (in this case Aura, which happened to be one of the hottest store sales) and hence additional income for sts. Introducing this toggle option for aura display means risking this particular source of additional demand/income.


    Don't want to sound offensive but this is totally nonsense. I expect more from you than this, imagine me saying the same thing but different version:
    "I don't see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won't buy less if its implemented"

    Of course we don't know this data as of now unless we actually make a poll on it, so no point using this shaky assumption in anyone's defense of their stand here. That's why I clearly mentioned the above is a possible concern that may be holding dev back from giving us the toggle option for aura, never did I ever claim that this is what happens.
    50% of the auras have something floating around, ask for any change, in them it contradicts your entire narrative.
    The one who has trouble sitting on one side of the fight is you, you are continually contradicting yourself, no one asks for your opinion for each forum topic, so take a little more time to answer, or you will end up mixing a thousand topics into one, like you always do it.

  17. #73
    Senior Member Nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    758
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    389
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    135
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    This marks the first ever assumption from you, and you sounded so right about it fantastic.
    Simply look at how many comments I have included here, and decide for yourself if I don't have anything to say or if I merely couldn't care less about people who can't do the least to read.

    And to be fair, I would actually give you the benefit of doubt, and pretend in your first reply in this thread you did read everything before commenting. Maybe you missed out on something.

    So, relevance you say?
    If aura impeding gameplay means we need the toggle option, that means anything else in that checklist that has the same impeding/uncomfortable effect as aura should be included as well by the same logic, which directly leads to priority issue. Since they have already improved boss attack and proc visuals, this is now not something that would require as much attention as that of class balance.

    I know you are gonna ask me this doesn't mean this option shouldn't be added, like did i say i disagree with adding this option?
    I said i dont support it because of the two reasons earlier. This is why I said to read it before you reply.
    Since the thread was started by a developer, it can be assumed that for some reason this has more or equal relevance than anything else, once again he who thinks he knows everything, misunderstands things.

  18. #74
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    50% of the auras have something floating around, ask for any change, in them it contradicts your entire narrative.
    The one who has trouble sitting on one side of the fight is you, you are continually contradicting yourself, no one asks for your opinion for each forum topic, so take a little more time to answer, or you will end up mixing a thousand topics into one, like you always do it.
    Contradicts what??

    Satellite toggle is for people who likes to have a variety of aura versions, in this case, two options.
    Aura toggle is for people who wants a cleaner gameplay.

    Of course I know some complain satellite blocks them too, but that was not why I was suggesting it for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Okay I missed exactly this part "Since they have already improved boss attack and proc visuals". All good now thanks!
    I guess nocturus made me less patient in replying, my apologies for throwing it up on you. I knew you are not like him, we all miss things when reading, it's understandable. Anyway, I thought I would check if i miss anything you said that i did not address, so here is one I found:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Furthermore, what is the logic behind sales from aura's being less if this option was implemented? Again, this is an option.. People who care will have this toggled on, but, when people have this toggled off means that they don't give a damn about you. Why would you buy less aura's? To flex to people that don't care?
    Sure, Let's talk about when people actually toggle it off.
    For people who actually hate aura, aura would now be non-existent to them. They won't see it anymore. And I'm sure there's no point to discuss this group of people. No sales would ever come from them.
    For people who loves aura, no point to discuss them too since they are definitely gonna buy the aura.
    Now, for people who only want to disable aura because of it blocking gameplay, especially in a pve map, they will turn on/off as they like.

    This third group of people is who I want to talk about.

    The longer they have this option turned off, the less they would care about aura as part of the game. This is analogous to having ads blocker. The effect of the ads on you is much lower because you are seeing it less often. Typically, people turn off this option especially when they are running for LB event for example and when they do rest in town, do you think they would sore their eyes more by enabling aura back? No there's a high chance they would keep this option off 80-90% of time.

    So in the long term, at best, this may likely lead to lower aura sales as less people see the need to wear it and even if they do buy it they have it turn off, so they might as well not buy in the first place. At worst, when people actually get used to not seeing aura, we may even go back to the times when they were no auras at all, people no longer wearing/buying them. And as mentioned earlier, with aura being one of the fast selling store items, I doubt sts would wanna risk any move which may potentially or significantly(in the long term) lower their sales.
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-02-2022 at 08:11 AM.

  19. #75
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post

    Sure, Let's talk about when people actually toggle it off.
    For people who actually hate aura, aura would now be non-existent to them. They won't see it anymore. And I'm sure there's no point to discuss this group of people. No sales would ever come from them.
    For people who loves aura, no point to discuss them too since they are definitely gonna buy the aura.
    Now, for people who only want to disable aura because of it blocking gameplay, especially in a pve map, they will turn on/off as they like.

    This third group of people is who I want to talk about.

    The longer they have this option turned off, the less they would care about aura as part of the game. This is analogous to having ads blocker. The effect of the ads on you is much lower because you are seeing it less often. Typically, people turn off this option especially when they are running for LB event for example and when they do rest in town, do you think they would sore their eyes more by enabling aura back? No there's a high chance they would keep this option off 80-90% of time.

    So in the long term, at best, this may likely lead to lower aura sales as less people see the need to wear it and even if they do buy it they have it turn off, so they might as well not buy in the first place. At worst, when people actually get used to not seeing aura, we may even go back to the times when they were no auras at all, people no longer wearing/buying them. And as mentioned earlier, with aura being one of the fast selling store items, I doubt sts would wanna risk any move which may potentially or significantly(in the long term) lower their sales.
    This is not true. Toggling off the aura doesn't mean they are discouraged to ever turn it back on or will they ever get one again.

    Again as you said it, will be turned off during gameplay, and what if the lb prize is an aura? (2021 goblin event). Why would they remain aura's toggled off when the main prize they're running for is an aura? Unless they only wanted the 50plats and noble gem.

    The same can be said with titles badges pvp rankings that can be toggled off by this 3rd group of people. Over the course of several years did the same people run less events and leaderboards?

    The correlation between having this option toward sales is non-existent and doesn't matter. The factor correlating to sales is the design of the badge/vanity/aura, not these options to hide them.

    I constantly toggle them off in maps, but turn it on after. It didn't and never occured to me to run less leaderboards or buy less just because I can turn them off. It doesn't make sense. Its all toggled for efficient runs and nothing about it after.

    Because after all badges, aura's and titles all won't help us in playing maps, but rather the opposite and cause more trouble, hence, turned off. But that doesn't mean we don't want to see our accomplishments and aesthetics anymore after.









    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 01-02-2022 at 08:40 AM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  21. #76
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    487
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    This is not true. Toggling off the aura doesn't mean they are discouraged to ever turn it back on or will they ever get one again.

    Again as you said it, will be turned off during gameplay, and what if the lb prize is an aura? (2021 goblin event). Why would they remain aura's toggled off when the main prize they're running for is an aura? Unless they only wanted the 50plats and noble gem.

    The same can be said with titles badges pvp rankings that can be toggled off by this 3rd group of people. Over the course of several years did the same people run less events and leaderboards?

    The correlation between having this option toward sales is non-existent and doesn't matter. The factor correlating to sales is the design of the badge/vanity/aura, not these options to hide them.

    I constantly toggle them off in maps, but turn it on after. It didn't and never occured to me to run less leaderboards or buy less just because I can turn them off. It doesn't make sense. Its all toggled for efficient runs and nothing about it after.

    Because after all badges, aura's and titles all won't help us in playing maps, but rather the opposite and cause more trouble, hence, turned off. But that doesn't mean we don't want to see our accomplishments and aesthetics anymore after.









    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Why are you arguing with someone who has “analyze” in their name!!!

    Clearly you’re the one over thinking it, STS only makes money from their precious auras it’s not like we have some sort of chests in store where you can find the strongest items in the game by opening them using platinum or you know… I wish we had a system where you get to enhance your gear to make you faster or stronger, that be pretty cool. Sometimes I even think about why STS hasn’t added some sort of content you know where it’s really competitive like only 10 or 5 players had to fight for their score to be higher than the others to obtain certain rewards that lasts weeks.

    But I think analytical is right, STS wouldn’t make any money from my ideas above, it’s just wishful thinking at this point.

    On a woke note, we should just idk maybe reply to the topic at hand and give our own opinion about the auras and how they affect you personally instead of arguing with everyone who doesn’t agree with how you think so therefore they’re wrong. Just something to think about, you know who you are.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:


  23. #77
    Senior Member Ilove_Poopoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    372
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why are you arguing with someone who has “analyze” in their name!!!

    Clearly you’re the one over thinking it, STS only makes money from their precious auras it’s not like we have some sort of chests in store where you can find the strongest items in the game by opening them using platinum or you know… I wish we had a system where you get to enhance your gear to make you faster or stronger, that be pretty cool. Sometimes I even think about why STS hasn’t added some sort of content you know where it’s really competitive like only 10 or 5 players had to fight for their score to be higher than the others to obtain certain rewards that lasts weeks.

    But I think analytical is right, STS wouldn’t make any money from my ideas above, it’s just wishful thinking at this point.

    On a woke note, we should just idk maybe reply to the topic at hand and give our own opinion about the auras and how they affect you personally instead of arguing with everyone who doesn’t agree with how you think so therefore they’re wrong. Just something to think about, you know who you are.
    Oh scary! Didn't know ghosts exist 'till now.

    Jokes aside thanks for the definitely not sarcasm comment.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 01-02-2022 at 09:42 AM.

  24. #78
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why are you arguing with someone who has “analyze” in their name!!!
    HHAHAHA, yes yes! XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    This is not true. Toggling off the aura doesn't mean they are discouraged to ever turn it back on or will they ever get one again.
    Again as you said it, will be turned off during gameplay, and what if the lb prize is an aura? (2021 goblin event). Why would they remain aura's toggled off when the main prize they're running for is an aura? Unless they only wanted the 50plats and noble gem.
    The same can be said with titles badges pvp rankings that can be toggled off by this 3rd group of people. Over the course of several years did the same people run less events and leaderboards?
    The correlation between having this option toward sales is non-existent and doesn't matter. The factor correlating to sales is the design of the badge/vanity/aura, not these options to hide them.
    I constantly toggle them off in maps, but turn it on after. It didn't and never occured to me to run less leaderboards or buy less just because I can turn them off. It doesn't make sense. Its all toggled for efficient runs and nothing about it after.
    Because after all badges, aura's and titles all won't help us in playing maps, but rather the opposite and cause more trouble, hence, turned off. But that doesn't mean we don't want to see our accomplishments and aesthetics anymore after.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    A pleasure to talk to someone like this. Thank you for coming back (:

    Yes, I agree to the following
    1. The third group of people not necessarily will have them turn off for long hours. Sounds like when there's no major/LB event people would be more likely to turn them back on and enjoy the views in cities while they afk. Fair enough.
    2. The most significant factor is the design of the aura which directly affects the demand for it and hence the sale.

    However, what I was primarily referring to isn’t the above, I was referring to the additional demand that came from seeing others having something you don't, in this case is “envious demand” where people buy items because they want to be like others. In my reply to Stephen, I mentioned this additional demand for store items can come from many sources, with envious demand being one of them and as you said the design of the store item being one of the significant factors.

    So when they can toggle off others’ appearance,

    1.This particular source of additional demand (envious demand) can become non-existent especially when people are used to disabling aura display like how they are used to disable pet name. To compare, previously players are constantly bombarded by the different types of aura/vanity worn by others(constantly exposed to the aura advertisement), now they are reducing this dosage of exposure to the level that would not cause them distress, or in other words, they have the choice now to not see the advertisement of “dope aura” and hence would logically experience less effect(buying desire) from it. Not just that don’t forget some people who would even disable all vanity/aura just because they hate seeing people reminding them of how ugly they look. So they won’t be reminded to buy the “shiny things” and can focus on good gears versus when they are not given this option, they would be constantly reminded they would have 2 goals: to be strong enough to run maps and to look nice in cities just like those rich people. You would say isn’t this good for players? Sure, but not so for developers (: Just imagine giving people the option to turn off store sales or anything else sts is selling for platinum.

    2.Less people would experience the effect of this aura advertisement. We know we want to reach as many people and as long as possible for any ads to take effect. Like when you see it frequent enough people wearing it and looks so nice, one random day you would start wondering would I look that nice as well? Can I pair that with one of my vanity set? This is not only applicable to busy people running event LB who would likely miss the advertisement and hence the buying window/desire, it is also particular true for returning players: imagine they get used to turning aura off most of the time and come back to game and then they forget this option actually existed and missed these advertisement "opportunities" that they would otherwise have (i.e. When they have the option turn on and see someone wearing an aura that's not available in auction, and haven't seen anyone else wearing it, he would ask hey how much is this and which event was this from and likely wanna buy it)

    In short, what I was mainly talking about here is the risk/chances of people miss seeing these auras (that are only on sale in the weekends) during their busiest time, like in a LB event or in the case of the returning players (whichever that introduces the risk) or giving them the option to focus on gears and not on vanity/aura and hence the potential lowered sales on aura.

    Point is, if there are other ways that more directly addresses the problem (blocked gameplay) which is already what they are doing, why would any business owners wanna take this unnecessary risk to lowering their potential sales from this free advertisement?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    The same can be said with titles badges pvp rankings that can be toggled off by this 3rd group of people. Over the course of several years did the same people run less events and leaderboards?
    As mentioned earlier, there are many sources of demand for an item, including badge, not just limited to showing it to others and we won’t know if many people still runs for badges/titles because of which reason.

    Would less people run for badge when more of them know we can actually toggle it off?
    Is the reason to run for badges/title really solely on how attractive the badge/title is or it is also affected by other factors?
    We don’t know for sure.

    That’s why I wanna keep the discussion only on this additional demand coming specifically from envy.
    We can talk day and night if we discuss all sources of possible demand for an item. The possible negative impact of having this toggle option is only more relevant on this specific demand source.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    I constantly toggle them off in maps, but turn it on after. It didn't and never occured to me to run less leaderboards or buy less just because I can turn them off. It doesn't make sense. Its all toggled for efficient runs and nothing about it after.
    Again, this is just you alone, how about others?
    Would less people run for badge when more of them know we can actually toggle it off? Does it defeat their purpose to display the badge to other people? Again we don’t know. We don’t know how many people are doing it for their own achievement and how many are doing it to show off to others.

    All these reasons/factors are additional demand for an item (aura, badge, vanity etc) and hence additional income for sts, and I’m sure dev wouldn’t want to remove any of these additional income.

  25. #79
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    1,202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,128
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    741
    Thanked in
    410 Posts

    Default

    Still it seems the only arguments against us having the option are:

    1: They made (some) tells brighter so no need for less auras
    Problem: they added more clutter when we asked for less, & there are still a lot of tells that get buried

    2: devs have better things to do
    Problem: subjective, potentially straw man, & doesn’t take away from the fact we are simply asking for that option

    3: sales will be affected negatively
    Problem: assumption that is contradicted by the many who pay for badges titles & ranks that can be toggled off

    Anything else?

    Lack of wall of text appreciated
    \m/,_________( >. <‘ )_________,\m/
    ign : Suentous : High society

  26. #80
    Senior Member Analytical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,520
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    222
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Still it seems the only arguments against us having the option are:

    1: They made (some) tells brighter so no need for less auras
    Problem: they added more clutter when we asked for less, & there are still a lot of tells that get buried

    2: devs have better things to do
    Problem: subjective, potentially straw man, & doesn’t take away from the fact we are simply asking for that option

    3: sales will be affected negatively
    Problem: assumption that is contradicted by the many who pay for badges titles & ranks that can be toggled off

    Anything else?

    Lack of wall of text appreciated
    "Lack of wall of text appreciated"
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

    1. It is not just tells, boss attacks are significantly bolded and dev mentioned more of this would be implemented.

    2. Dev did say it is not a simple thing to just toggle it on or off aura(can't find which thread was it already). And likely is why they resorted to making procs/other important gameplay visuals clearer.

    3. Many paying for badges is itself an assumption, who knows how many would have paid for badges when there's no such option? We got no numbers to speak so we can only speak conservatively. Meaning, you would want to be safe than sorry. Also we don't know how many players are actually active in AL and out of that how many actually buy auras. All we know is aura sells fasts and it's logical to see why dev wouldn't want to risk any move harming any potential additional income source pertaining to aura sales, which arguably could make up the highest sale in store aside from crates. People don't just "buy badge", they buy something in store that exchanges for gold. Just imagine KFC trying to "toggle" their fried chicken recipe. They would sure think twice, thrice etc before doing that.

    Most comments here are obviously subjective hence in the suggestion section.

    And thanks for the laugh 😂😂😂

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2021, 08:43 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2021, 10:11 PM
  3. Set Visuals
    By Buchmeister in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-01-2019, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
  5. L75 Full SET Bonus Visuals
    By Fastcast in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •