Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aura visuals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    You people are overthinking it, an option to hide “Vanity Wisps” from other players is all that is needed.

For those who are defending the idea of not allowing an option to turn off “Vanity Wisps” what’s the difference from hiding helmet/player name/title.

I’m not sure about you but I wear my auras so my own character could look good, I don’t care for who’s around me.

In simpler terms, add the option to turn “Player Wisp on/off” if you like auras and or like to see others wearing different ones, you keep it on. If you don’t like auras, simple use the “Turn Off” option and you’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the inspiration.

Here's a checklist, albeit not exhaustive:
    (feel free to add)

✅Player Name
    ✅Title
    ✅Badge
    ✅Seasonal rank/Pvp Rank
    ✅Gears(Helm) ​
    ✅Vanities (Helm, Armor)
    ✅Player buff
    ✅Pets name
    Gears(Armor, Belt, Ring, Amulet, Artifact)
    Vanities (Weapon, Banner, Backpack, Aura)
    Player stats
    Pets display
    Map names, Map level range, Map timer
    Menu page
    Boss/Mob hp display
    Damage dealt display
    Health regeneration display
    Other people Proc display
    Boss/mobs attacks display
    "Ghost mode"
    Guildhall furniture display

Alternatively, to make things even easier, here's the ultimate button to disable all:

"Uninstall button"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Thank you for the inspiration.

Here's a checklist, albeit not exhaustive:
    (feel free to add)

Player Name
    Title
    Badge
    Seasonal rank/Pvp Rank
    Gears(Helm) ​
    Vanities (Helm, Armor)
    Player buff
    Pets name
    Gears(Armor, Belt, Ring, Amulet, Artifact)
    Vanities (Weapon, Banner, Backpack, Aura)
    Player stats
    Pets display
    Map names, Map level range, Map timer
    Menu page
    Boss/Mob hp display
    Damage dealt display
    Health regeneration display
    Other people Proc display
    Boss/mobs attacks display
    "Ghost mode"
    Guildhall furniture display

Alternatively, to make things even easier, here's the ultimate button to disable all:

"Uninstall button"
    You’re overthinking it, it’s just the wisp. Everything else has been fine since 2012 imo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

You’re overthinking it, it’s just the wisp. Everything else has been fine since 2012 imo.

You guys are "overreacting" to the aura too, as boss attacks, procs etc are much clearer than they were before.

Aura impeding gameplay?

Nah its fine (:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

You guys are "overreacting" to the aura too, as boss attacks, procs etc are much clearer than they were before.

Aura impeding gameplay?

Nah its fine (:
    The game won’t explode if they add the option to turn “Aura Wisps” off/on. If you must know, I don’t CARE if they add the “Off/On” option or not, this thread is to have some feedback about whether or not it’s a good idea to do so, hence the Thread Topic.

Proc visuals of any item or pet arcane ability, even boss attack damage visuals is another topic since they’re randomly timed and wisps are constant. I never condoned Proc Legends, that’s the fault of STS not mine. Being sarcastic on a feedback topic isn’t helping either.

This is just my own opinion, you’re welcome to agree or disagree. Frankly I don’t care for either, but since STS is asking for feedback I’d gladly support the idea of having the option of having “Vanity Wisp On/Off”.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    I think the only reason of turning badges and titles off is for things like screenshots and videos... You don't need an option to turn of aura there, you just can say everyone to unequip vanities for making the picture.

By the way one thing that would be possible is turning auras off from your party as pt leader maybe, so you can decide to run maps without them. This would be good for lb players.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Aha
    So it “would be good for lb players”
    Why restrict something good for a few lb runners when that something good could be for ANYONE who wants it?
    Lb runners, event runners, & all random pick up games should also get that good thing
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Aura impeding gameplay?

Nah its fine (:
    You speak for yourself
    Others disagree with you

How would having this option affect you negatively
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The game won’t explode if they add the option to turn “Aura Wisps” off/on. If you must know, I don’t CARE if they add the “Off/On” option or not, this thread is to have some feedback about whether or not it’s a good idea to do so, hence the Thread Topic.

Proc visuals of any item or pet arcane ability, even boss attack damage visuals is another topic since they’re randomly timed and wisps are constant. I never condoned Proc Legends, that’s the fault of STS not mine. Being sarcastic on a feedback topic isn’t helping either.

This is just my own opinion, you’re welcome to agree or disagree. Frankly I don’t care for either, but since STS is asking for feedback I’d gladly support the idea of having the option of having “Vanity Wisp On/Off”.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

Happy 2022 too (:

The game won’t explode if they add the option to turn “Aura Wisps” off/on
    Vice versa is also true (:

..... since they’re randomly timed and wisps are constant
    Nice, this means aura is only occasionally impeding? So with the improvement on boss attacks/proc visuals and more to come, it is thus less of an issue of priority.

In short, my stand is simple too.

I don't disagree with adding the option ON/Off. However to be fair, if I support this option, I would have to agree for sts to add all of the above in the checklist as well, as I don't see why not too since there are all not a priority/necessity at the moment but more of a preference for more control or "cleaner gameplay".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Happy 2022 too (:

Vice versa is also true (:

Nice, this means aura is only occasionally impeding? So with the improvement on boss attacks/proc visuals and more to come, it is thus less of an issue of priority.

In short, my stand is simple too.

I don't disagree with adding the option ON/Off. However to be fair, if I support this option, I would have to agree for sts to add all of the above in the checklist as well, as I don't see why not too since there are all not a priority/necessity at the moment but more of a preference for more control or "cleaner gameplay".
    It’s not that deep… your point is if they do implement an “On/Off” option for “Vanity Wisps”, they should do so with the list you’ve shown above as-well.

That’s fine, I agree. If they do add all those options you mentioned, that would just be a bonus to what some players already want.

All in all, 90% of the AL population can agree with your statement but at the end of the day its Cinco’s game so he will unfortunately decide whether or not he wants to sadly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

That’s kinda straw man to our issue which is only the option to turn off auras
    You can start a new suggestion thread for all those other things

Glad you don’t disagreeing w us having the option
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Aha
    So it “would be good for lb players”
    Why restrict something good for a few lb runners when that something good could be for ANYONE who wants it?
    Lb runners, event runners, & all random pick up games should also get that good thing
    What i wanted to say is, that it can be good, in small groups, where every1 agrees, like parties, however, overall that's not the case.

However, i'm tired of discussing, so i leave my +1 to everything Analytical said.

But i hope the dev team would bring up a poll on an important topic like that, so that the community could decide itself, before they rush in with their finall decisions.

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    What i wanted to say is, that it can be good, in small groups, where every1 agrees, like parties, however, overall that's not the case.

However, i'm tired of discussing, so i leave my +1 to everything Analytical said.

But i hope the dev team would bring up a poll on an important topic like that, so that the community could decide itself, before they rush in with their finall decisions.

So it can be good for some groups but not others? HOW!?!?
    How could it not be ok to have as an option?

How would it affect you negatively if I could turn off auras on my screen?

Btw if you wanna +1 everything they said then you are agreeing that it would be ok to have that option as they said
    Suentous

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Btw if you wanna +1 everything they said then you are agreeing that it would be ok to have that option as they said
    Why are you arguing with him? He’s literally arguing with you for agreeing on the same thing you’re talking about. In other words he’s either a moron or an idiot.

But to the topic at hand +1 on having aura vanities on and off button. Also what analytical said, having all those options are practically useless but sure why not +1. Who knows maybe not knowing how much damage I’m doing to the boss will help in my gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Yes with all the other options too, the yes lol

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why are you arguing with him? He’s literally arguing with you for agreeing on the same thing you’re talking about. In other words he’s either a moron or an idiot.

But to the topic at hand +1 on having aura vanities on and off button. Also what analytical said, having all those options are practically useless but sure why not +1. Who knows maybe not knowing how much damage I’m doing to the boss will help in my gameplay.
    Now that's a funny guy tho

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why are you arguing with him?
    Obsessed w logic, or lack thereof possibly ocd, might be my fault
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

That’s fine, I agree. If they do add all those options you mentioned, that would just be a bonus to what some players already want.

All in all, 90% of the AL population can agree with your statement but at the end of the day its Cinco’s game so he will unfortunately decide whether or not he wants to sadly.
    Glad you don't disagreeing w us having the option
    To clarify, I don't disagree to have the option, but I sure don't support it as well.

Just before any drama comes in here, No, I'm definitely not trying to confuse anyone.
    By not disagreeing what I mean is if dev implemented this without any poll or caring what others have said, I wouldn't make a thread crying about it.
    By not supporting I mean to say if there were to be a poll on this, I would vote no.

So, if this interest you, read on.

(Warning: Long post ahead. I would be going constructively deep and wouldn't be so dismissive on this being a simple topic to discuss as from what I see, it actually involves many things on rights, gameplay, dev income etc so I would like to take all these into consideration hence, a deeper analysis/look into this)

I don't disagree the option of ON/OFF aura because
    1. While the owner of aura has the right to wear the aura, they have no right to force anyone to look at them. People look at them willingly or most of the time because there are close to them and it enters their sight, conveniently making others look at what they are wearing. Hence I don't see the problem for people to decide not to see this aura by giving them the option.
    2. Like Golden King said, in the end its up to cinco so it's no big deal to me if dev decided to really add this. While this would be great news to a handful of people who enjoy cleaner gameplay, of course, there will be some people who may be seriously upsetted if this option to turn off aura becomes available because they can't show off anymore unless someone allows them to.

I don't support the option of ON/Off Aura because
    1. There are far more important things imo that dev should look at, given the limited time and resources and size of sts team, I would support suggestions that would significantly help the game like focusing on solving issues such as class balance, new gears, gold economy, new players experience just to name a few.

2. There may be a potential concern (Reason why dev may not want to add this option)

When owners wear the aura, arguably, it affects others to a certain extent to do the same as well. You see someone look nice, so you want to look nice too. This creates additional demand for the exclusive vanity in store, hence more income for sts. So if dev upset a group of people who bought the aura whose only purpose is to impress someone or others (or to show that there are the "ELITE group" instead of wearing it for themselves to enjoy) this means there will very much likely to have lower sales (than they would have otherwise) from one of the most hot selling store items - aura.

Why? Because not only does this group of people who want to show off stop buying, when less people wear it as a result, people perceive it as "less desirable" so less people would be affected by those who are wearing it.
    Put this another way, you see rich people wearing all sorts of shiny things, you tell yourself one day I want to be rich too (and that most likely means wearing all the shiny stuff including aura). So this effect is in fact pretty powerful.

Overall the above means lower demand for store auras and hence lower income for sts. If you are a business owner, I'm sure you would want as many avenues for income as possible, and with aura being the latest hit in AL, I'm certain they wouldn't want to risk touching it.

As replied above, the potential negative impact is not so much on me, or others (the aura owners) but more so on dev.

In short, I would not vote for this for reasons mentioned earlier.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

^ you imagine that ppl will buy less

I disagree because ppl always run for titles badges which cost money often

Additional envious demand won’t change for the above reason

I don’t see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won’t buy anymore if it’s implemented

Anything else?
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Additional envious demand won’t change for the above reason

I don’t see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won’t buy anymore if it’s implemented

Anything else?
    You waste your time arguing with that guy, he is totally contradictory, he says he does not support changes, but he literally made a thread, where he asks to turn off the auras. You can check it is a few threads below.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    You waste your time arguing with that guy, he is totally contradictory, he says he does not support changes, but he literally made a thread, where he asks to turn off the auras. You can check it is a few threads below.
    I can’t believe you would post such a thing, people can have the right to change opinion, it’s only natural as a species……. Cease your investigation immediately!!!Only you can see this part of the message, don’t comment anymore for you decide the fate of it all, Cinco, the Devs are all in on it!!! SEARCH IN THE CLOUDS THEY KNOW THE ANSWERS!!!The shadow masters will speak with you shortly, stay tuned……. We evolve to agree just disagree to someone else’s liking. Thank you.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    This guy is consistently having comprehension problem.

Turning on/off satellite = Turning on/off aura?

Wow. Dude. Just wow.

Here's the thread link:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...rnative-option

Additional envious demand wont change for the above reason
    Envious demand can come from many sources, like auras, op gears, vanities, beautiful houses/furniture etc etc. It's obviously not just exclusive to title and badges.

Notice that I'm referring specifically to this particular source - aura sales and the envious demand/additional demand that comes solely from it. For sure, I'm aware sts is making good money from people who want badges/titles, but that's not what I'm talking about here. Also, while I understand there are many things sts is selling/making money from, I'm definitely not gonna go all over the place here.

I hope we stay within our aura topic discussion and be relevant in our replies.

Anyway Back to topic, for each source of this envious demand, it contributes to additional demand for a store item (in this case Aura, which happened to be one of the hottest store sales) and hence additional income for sts. Introducing this toggle option for aura display means risking this particular source of additional demand/income.

I don't see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they wont buy anymore if its implemented
    Don't want to sound offensive but this is totally nonsense. I expect more from you than this, imagine me saying the same thing but different version:
    "I don't see anyone on this thread with 1k views saying they won't buy less if its implemented"

Of course we don't know this data as of now unless we actually make a poll on it, so no point using this shaky assumption in anyone's defense of their stand here. That's why I clearly mentioned the above is a possible concern that may be holding dev back from giving us the toggle option for aura, never did I ever claim that this is what happens.
    Last edited by Analytical; 01-02-2022 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Added reply to Stephen