Thread: Another slight update to auction search

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Another slight update to auction search

I would like to suggest another addition to auction search which would be really helpful for returning players as well as others.

The suggestion is to basically add another option called "unique search" whose purpose is to simply hide duplicates of the same item and only show one of a kind when searching. For example if you turn on the unique search option and type hel wings and sort by cheapest, only the cheapest hel wing available will be shown even if there are lots of em in auction.

This option can be useful in certain scenarios. For example if someone returns after 5-6 months and wants to buy a cool looking vanity, he would have to scroll through lots of pages just to find the vanities that were released while he was away since the auction is flooded with ghost armors,togas etc. With this option it would be alot easier.

Another example would be buying pets on a seasonal character, one could just turn on this option and buy right away instead of typing each pet name.

I have added a sample picture for reference.

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Search from highest price to lowest price, to avoid the super cheap spam in CS. Find an item that you may want, remember the name, then type the name.

Having a toggle to just show the lowest priced item isn't very helpful, in fact i see it as the opposite. Seeing many prices on an item is actually a much better option for any returning player, as they can get a better representation of the actual prices people are inclined to sell/buy at.

Maybe you can explain further on how limiting your search to just the lowest price of said item is helpful to players(especially returning players who don't know prices).