Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Paladin in Arena of Honor (2022)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FFA View Post
    You don't play pvp anymore, Let alone have a rhino as a main character for honor. How are you going to say it's over powered, when in fact it's the total opposite? I'm confused on everything you are saying aside from your personal feelings towards rhino and fox with no actual statistics saying how they are truly broken.
    "No actual statistics" - Read my og post please, that's full of facts, each word is logically crafted lol, and u don't find logic there, hmm

Sniper doesn't honor only in myth but that's ok.

Anyway I don't have feelings for dash-ers lol I pretty much sure I'm pretty much above of those type of feelings in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I believe every class should have the capability to beat another class in 1v1 to some extent. In terms of the average player, mages beat bears in 1v1, bird beats mage in 1v1, bear beats bird in 1v1, and fox beats birds or mages in 1v1. However, even the best rhinos cannot 1v1 other classes and win reliably. The very few times they do is a result of a 5 minute long 1v1 where players are running buff and autoing because they ran out of mana.

I believe giving the rhino more crit in its damage buff and more reliable ranged debuffs would be useful in helping them have a chance at beating at least some of the other classes in 1v1. This buff would not impact mythic gameplay since the numbers are so high. Furthermore, it would not change the hybrid bear/mage role that paladin is supposed to fulfill in team fights, but simply enhance it in a balanced fashion. The rhino will still be useful with its ability to buff the damage of the team, debuff enemies, and revive allies from long ranges. The only difference now would be that a rhino can atleast do damage and sustain itself in a 1v1 duel, if isolated in a team setting.

Best,
    IiRose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IiRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IiRose View Post
    I believe every class should have the capability to beat another class in 1v1 to some extent. In terms of the average player, mages beat bears in 1v1, bird beats mage in 1v1, bear beats bird in 1v1, and fox beats birds or mages in 1v1. However, even the best rhinos cannot 1v1 other classes and win reliably. The very few times they do is a result of a 5 minute long 1v1 where players are running buff and autoing because they ran out of mana.

I believe giving the rhino more crit in its damage buff and more reliable ranged debuffs would be useful in helping them have a chance at beating at least some of the other classes in 1v1. This buff would not impact mythic gameplay since the numbers are so high. Furthermore, it would not change the hybrid bear/mage role that paladin is supposed to fulfill in team fights, but simply enhance it in a balanced fashion. The rhino will still be useful with its ability to buff the damage of the team, debuff enemies, and revive allies from long ranges. The only difference now would be that a rhino can atleast do damage and sustain itself in a 1v1 duel, if isolated in a team setting.

Best,
    IiRose
    'In terms of the average player, mages beat bears in 1v1, bird beats mage in 1v1, bear beats bird in 1v1, and fox beats birds or mages in 1v1' in locked games I bet.

I'll start with fox, why? cause fox was the same dashing class "not viable" before buff similar like Rhino.
    When it comes to fox they can run and run until opponent buff is over then it's just one shot kill, even though they got the extreme debuff to cripple the enemy. Rejoin after one kill but it's impossible to rejoin for the opponent. Exploitation at it's best. I'm coming to other things but let me tell something here-

The biggest competitive games in this planet give special power to specific champions cause they know players are very sporty so NONE will exploit anything so they don't release a patch each month to nerf the special powers, this is how things works in realty. This would be sarcasm at it's best.

I bet you know it pretty well Rose, what foxes can do and does in CTF honor, flag is easy with dashing, teleport from the wall, literally there's zero clue when fox will teleport through the wall and easily kill specific chosen opponent.
    But I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen in Restoration locked inter guild games, cause there's player made rules are applied. It's different matter guildies lose interest slowly over time and now it's not enough to play locked games.

Fox in honor arena 3v3, running away from team until opponent engage and fox eazy attack from back, fox can get no effort easy kills by farming a class but then that opponent gets his bear and boom.

All these things clearly indicates Fox is class of 90% exploitation in honor pvp and was wrongly buffed. Honor CTF and Arena both 1v1 or 3v3.
    Rhino buffs going to be similar, ruining the honor pvp even more. These kinda buffs just fueling the exploitation. Rather adjustment was needed first.

Anyway Fox and Rhino buffs are the last thing I'd like to see in pl and the exploitation with these buffs would fill the remaining portion of the container of exploitation to make it full for me.
    Also I sometimes wish Restoration would survive outside of Locked games, at least some sort of courage was there.

From the original poster to the all 'locked game pvp-ers' who commented in this threa, hardly appear in honor, I don't know where did they test, it's obvious, in few locked games.
    Well good luck with exploitative pvp.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-05-2022 at 11:49 PM.