Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Paladin in Arena of Honor (2022)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Are you serious? Please show me a single patch that shows a buff towards rhino in the last couple years other than the one that happened recently because of this thread? 105 cap was a 15% damage reduction towards the skill Redemption, I would know because Jen got the class nerfed in rage after I knocked her out of the tourney. The class was previously nerfed in 100 cap also. All you'd need to do is search the forums to see them.

You have never made any counter points to my arguments so don't act as if you have. Let's talk about the argument that you're making now, regarding the bug on dashes/charge. This was never a point you made before so don't try to spin this too.

I've been playing rhino since it first launched. I've put the class on Leadersboard 3 times in zones where they couldn't compete, level 30 x2 and level 61. No one and I mean no one has the same knowledge of the class as me. Not once in my many many many years have I ever known or seen that the rhino teleportation bug can be used at a whim. My knowledge on the bug was always that it happened at random or when you're respawning/reviving while they are dashing. Not only have I've been complaining about this issue for as long as I can remember but I also brought this point up in a thread regarding rhino in 105, about what needs to change for the class.

You say people are practicing the teleportation glitch? I don't even know how to do it. I doubt hook does, or luis or Nae. All of us are OG LB rhino players. Never in my time playing this game have I seen nae or Luis use this glitch intentionally in 20. I've never seen visiting use it intentionally in 76. Never seen marinespride use it in 71. So who's practicing it? Let me know because I want to see it for myself.

Now if you're complaining about rhinos and foxes being able to dash behind trees/walls or dash/charge by targeting a enemy player then that's a different subjection, and quite honestly I don't think anyone truly cares that much. It's been part of their gameplay since the start. Foxes can be easily CCd by nearly every class and rhinos will just reset the fight. What's the difference between those 2 and a bear just simply beck stomping you a mile away to run buff? A mage landing frost to run until his ms is back? Every class can exploit something similar to what you're complaining about. Yet you single out the 2 dashes alone because you refuse to adapt it seems like. If a fox or rhino runs from me do you know what I'd do? I'll just back off and reset for the engagement again. If a bear beck stomped me away from him do you know what I'd do? Reset. If a bird repulsed me started running for his buffs and healing guess what. I'm not gonna chase. How hard is it to play with competence. This is PvP if you can't handle dirty tricks like that then just stop playing. If this was 15-19 you'd be complaining even harder towards mages since they do it also.

Even if we kept everything I said above as a convo then it's irrelevant. It's mythic PvP. Debuffs are meaningless and the damage output is beyond unreasonable. The way you'd normally fight against another class doesn't work here. It's either deal enough damage to 3 shot your enemy or die. Before you come here talking about fixing rhino how about we fix mythic first then see what the issues are afterwards.

Your last point is absurd. That measly team buff means nothing. Mage and bird have not lost a single 2v2 tourney yet. Mage bird and bear are still the best trio to use. Mage and rhino isn't even a comparison because even though rhino has 2 team buffs it still can't support as good as mage. The additional 34 damage means nothing if the enemy focuses down your carry leaving you without anyone to deal damage to utilize the buff in the first place.

Mages don't need a dash. They don't need a team buff, and neither do they need to tank. Mages have the highest amount of skill damage for a skill then any other class. From one of my tests Cam and I did we became aware that they have more base damage on L1 frost than a bear does with 6 stomp, without any items. Their drain is over 100 points more than the second strongest skill if we were only taking 1 skill from each class in game, that would leave foxes needles as second place under drain. Their critical chance is a little under birds, mind you archer is supposed to be the main critical class, but if you were to account the fact that mages have a damage buff then they will crit far more often and much much much harder. No other class in this game can hit past 350-400 critical on a single skill. The most I've ever seen a bird land is a little over 280 and that was with break and shatter.

The only reason mages aren't killing 110 honor like they do 30-40 is because 70% hit reduction skills exist and armor buffs are much stronger. Oh and I doubt you ever took the time to notice but rhino also has less base HP compared to mage. Even with the str points added to be able to use honor sets it'll still be closer to mages hp pool then bear.
    I didn't make a counter point - You, this shows how ignorant you are to read my points, that also proves how worthless it is to discuss, cause you've no intention to do valid discussion rather some kinda "rage post"?
    You don't see these classes wall tp, this alone question your modesty or your experience in endgame, which is correct? if regular rhinos doing it, then how how so called "LB" rhinos don't have any clue. Again if smething doesn't even exist, what is your problem it being fixed? whats the catch here?

The OP demand here rhino buff based on honor, their whole point and whole supporting points from all the supporters here. Rhino can't run until opponents buff is over? and then attack when buff is over? how powerful buff is in honor, it's just a kill without zero defense, literally zero defense for some classes. So called LB rhino doesn't know these, do you have smallest amount of courage to accept these things? also add rejoin factor that extremely common in honor in Ground level pvp not in hypothetical and arranged "friendly" pvp.

This rhino buff is unjustified instead of going through valid points that just showed how forum isn't a place for logical discussion anymore, this is one way game now, that I already stated.
    You can deny and try your level best to hide the exploitative part of rhino and these classes and try to boost the other part as much as possible, rather modest approach would be to accept everything and act accordingly.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-16-2022 at 11:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post: