Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Paladin in Arena of Honor (2022)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Default Paladin in Arena of Honor (2022)

I have made a thread on this topic in the past and considering nothing has been done regarding this matter I feel I should give it another shot, I really want these suggestions to be considered so I can have an enjoyable experience in Honor PvP, along with whoever I am teaming with so they don’t have to suffer as well.

I want to start off by saying this, the Paladin class can not compete to any class in Honor PvP, no matter what level it is. After tons of experimenting (a.k.a tons of deaths) I have a few suggestions for a Paladin buff that could make the class have a fighting chance versus the insane amount of damage the other classes do.

1.) Let’s talk about Critical Hit:

The Paladin’s critical hit percentage is only at a very low 36 fully buffed using the critical force buff “Vital Force”.

- Let us compare this number to other classes:

~ Warrior: 54 Critical Hit fully buffed (includes
    +100 damage from the “Rage” buff)

~ Archer: 61 Critical Hit fully buffed

~ Ranger: 60 Critical Hit fully buffed

~ Enchantress: 52 Critical Hit fully buffed

Now we can see from this simple comparison, the Paladin class 100% needs a critical hit buff to have any chance to compete.

2.) The “Holy Tempest” Skill

Holy Tempest does -30% hit for 3 seconds if landed, this is an extremely underpowered debuff, and this is the Paladin’s ONLY hit debuff. It has a current -30% hit, but if the skill lands it only has a 60% chance to actually debuff them. Meaning even if it lands it doesn’t always debuff their hit. With that being said, I think Holy Tempest should do -65% hit for 5 seconds with a 7 second cooldown. Most classes fully buffed will still have over 100% hit if Holy Tempest does land, which makes it a useless hit debuff without the changes above.

- Let’s compare this hit debuff to other classes hit debuffs:

~ Archer: “Blinding Shot” does -70% hit for 5 seconds

~ Warrior: “Hell Scream” decreases damage by 70 and also does -70% hit

~ Enchantress: “Weakness” decreases damage by 70 and also does -70% hit

3.) The “Restore” Skill

As you can see, the restore skill has a 5 second cooldown, compared to the Enchantresses 3 second cooldown. This is a major issue in FFA scenarios due to the Enchantress being able to out heal, out damage & out debuff the Paladin. I’m not asking for the Paladin’s heal to be increased, all I’m asking is the cooldown is slightly less than 5 seconds, I feel it would be a huge difference maker on the Paladin being viable in 3v3 or 2v2 situations.

I feel like if the Restore cooldown was less than 5 seconds, the Critical Hit & the Holy Tempest hit debuff was buffed on the Paladin, it would be able to compete with the other classes. As of right now, the Paladin has zero chance versus any class in 1v1’s or teams in the Arena of Honor. These issues have been going on for quite some time now, and even players who do not play Paladin agree with me that it is WAY to weak for Honor PvP.

I hope to see the devs look into the statistics and see that some work with the class needs to be done in order to make it a viable class in 1v1’s and in team play, like all other classes are.

I don’t feel the class serves it’s purpose, and it keeps me and other players who want to play Paladin from playing honor with it.

Thank you for reading, any input and/or suggestions is also appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Absolize; 01-05-2022 at 11:34 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post: